• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Inferno, why didn't you jump last Night?

Also, where's your head at?

---

Raziek claiming roleblocked means that even if Glyph is scum, there is still another scum around. Either Raziek is lying, or Kantrip is lying, or someone else messed with the NAR and didn't claim it.

Raziek, same question, where are you looking?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Insult not being a targeted ability clears up something I was going to bring up: Ryker was targeted with Insult N1 but claims to have jumped. I fully believe he did in fact jump (as my action on him failed), which would of course mean that Insult couldn't have gone through on him as Legolas claimed it did. Legolas was trying to pass off Insult as a pro-town role by saying it was great for finding out if he was redirected or roleblocked with his other ability. Great to hear that clarified as a lie, which means the Insult ability was blatantly anti-town.

But wait, Legolas still used it even AFTER he transferred to Inferno's alignment. His flip made it pretty clear to me that his alignment varies considering he flipped all three, and I think Sang confirmed the changing alignments thing. So WHY did Legolas use a COMPLETELY anti-town ability after converting to Inferno's alignment? Because Inferno is as anti-town as Insult is. Insult's only mechanical aspect is that it can roleblock AND voteblock anyone who fails to do it (as confirmed on Glyph). Other than that, it has no purpose gameplay-wise (Ryker if this is wrong please correct me).

Basically, since Inferno was voteblocked AND Insulted yesterDay, we can conclude with certainty that Legolas did in fact use Dark/Night Sword on him. However, he claimed to have targeted Gova with both these abilities. There are a few possibilities:

1. Redirector is still alive. I find this unlikely because I'm really digging Red Ryu having been the redirector.

2. Gova can redirect things off of him and onto someone else. Possible, but redirecting onto Inferno makes NO sense. What would Gova want to get rid of from himself that he wanted to go to Inferno? Investigative results, probably. I'm not ruling out Gova, so I want him to prove his inability to hammer when we decide on the Day's wagon. While we have the mislynch for it we will verify that Gova is telling the truth.

3. Inferno can lightningrod abilities to himself. I can't see this, to be honest, so I won't even expand on it.

4. THE MOST LIKELY SOLUTION, Legolas lied about targeting Gova and in fact targeted Inferno instead. I believe this option 95% with the rest of the variance being split between the first two options. Legolas's motivation to say he DIDN'T target Inferno would make sense with Inferno being scum. If one of them were to get caught it wouldn't condemn the other since Legolas "targeted Gova and converted to Gova's alignment". However, when Legolas found out that the MOD had made an error and his abilities did in fact go through, he was caught red-handed targeting someone he didn't claim to have targeted. So what did he do when he was forced to out for real? He claimed that his ability somehow went through on Inferno and then went on to try and clear Inferno when he never even had intentions to admit to targeting him.

TL;DR
Legolas lied about his target and got caught doing so, so he went from hiding the evidence to trying to clear Inferno altogether. He continued to use anti-town abilities even AFTER his alleged conversion to Town. The intent does not line up to hide so much of this **** unnecessarily if he REALLY had a town win condition.

In short, I draw the conclusion that Legolas converted to Inferno's alignment: Scum.
I like this line of thought. +1

btw who claimed Insult isn't targeted? Lego, Ryker?

Also, I support Gova trying to hammer. The punishment according to the OP would be a mod-vote, which shouldn't be an issue.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We have three realistic lynch choices today: Inferno, Kantrip, Glyph.

Right now Glyph isn't really threatening at all.

Inferno is scummiest, but Kantrip worries me more.

In order for me:

Kantrip
Inferno
Glyph

What's the votecount at? *goes to look*

Rajam

Smash Champion
Note also that Lego hiding he was Mafia is absolutely possible and makes total sense; just picture the next scenario:

In the mass claim, if Lego would've claimed indy AND Mafia asap, no one would've believed him, and most likely we would've lynched him to check his claim at least, because between lynching Inferno and Lego (a claimed scum), of course we would've picked Lego. But that would imply Lego dying as Mafia, which he didn't want given Mafia's bad position. So of course he didn't claim indy in the first place, but instead claimed a lie, and later once Raziek detected him lying, he changed the claim. Since Lego was gonna die for sure last Day after getting caught in a lie and claiming indy, his last hope was saying Inferno was town, hence giving the mafia faction still some chance, since claiming Inferno was Mafia when Lego was still gonna die for sure yesterDay would've assured a 100% defeat for Mafia after Lego revealed the last Mafia.

ok this is just a possible scenario anyways. My point here is that Lego saying Inferno is town isn't to be trusted and should be taken as null at best.

vote: Inferno3044

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - MOD, MOD
Inferno - Raziek, Rajam,

Not voting:
Inferno3044, Kantrip, Gova, Sangfroid Warrior, Glyph, Ryker,

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is for Mar 23rd at 3 p.m. EST

Ryker has broken a posting restriction.

Don't edit posts!

Let me know if there are any errors.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Inferno, why didn't you jump last Night?

Also, where's your head at?

---

Raziek claiming roleblocked means that even if Glyph is scum, there is still another scum around. Either Raziek is lying, or Kantrip is lying, or someone else messed with the NAR and didn't claim it.

Raziek, same question, where are you looking?
Easy answer is that Inferno is lying about not stopping him. Glyph is known to be roleblocked and everyone else has some proof of their abilities sans Gova who I don't want to prove his ability without looking at the numbers.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're serious? Modvotes for a ****ing posting restriction that wasn't in my original role PM are ****ing permanent?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wow, I hit edit instead of quote then apparently hitting save edits it when no edits are made.

I can get verification that that post wasn't editted.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We're almost certainly lynching Inferno because he's the only one who could've roleblocked Raz. HOWEVER, I want no more votes until I can read the damn game.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
We're almost certainly lynching Inferno because he's the only one who could've roleblocked Raz. HOWEVER, I want no more votes until I can read the damn game.
That would be a fairly compelling argument if you factored in everything. Notice how Raziek's vote is on me. Stop also voteblocks, therefore I couldn't have stopped him.

@Rajam - I didn't jump because Ryker told me not to. Also feel free to scum goggle how I still RB'd Raziek.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
That's a bull**** argument. Taking a look at the player list and looking at evidence:

1. Raziek - Watch result was correct
3. Ryker - Claims to have insult
5. Inferno3044 - There's evidence I visited Gheb. Take that as you wish.
7. Kantrip - Doomed Sang.
8. Gova - Remind me what you did to Gheb?
10. Rajam - Nothing that I can recall.
11. Sangfroid Warrior - Claims to have Night Sword, dead this night phase anyways
12. Glyph - Don't you have an ability to RB? Hellcry punch or something like that?

Rajam what did you do last night?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I do.

But there's also the fact that I'm modconfirmed to have not been able to use a night action last night.

So yeah.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
EBWOP: Bull**** argument in stating that just because I claimed an ability to RB that I'm scum. Yeah there's no proof that you guys have that I hasted except for my word, but the RB doesn't add up with my ability. If you wanna let me live, I'll use stop tonight.

@Glyph - Oh yeah. I forgot about that. My bad.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Dat flail.

But yeah, don't go killing him until I've laid out the game, k?
I'm just dumbfounded that there is pretty good evidence that I'm town. Let's show some points.

1. Once again, bringing up the Rajam opportunity to shoot me. Ryker, you said yourself that it was a scum ability because I was chosen over a lot of more viable kill targets, including RR. On top of this Rajam was the only person who had suspicion of me at the time. Whoever did this obviously thought Rajam was gonna be an idiot and shoot. Rajam's rationalization for this was also grimy as ****. He claims there's a 2nd indy just to call me scum. Seriously this whole situation was Setting up a Misskill 101.

2. Legolas. Let's bring him into the equation. Legolas said he changed to my alignment. Now of course some people *cough* Rajam *cough* would use this to say that this was a last attempt to try and save me. However, if you wanna take what he says as truth, I'm basically cop cleared. On the bright side if you guys still decide to lynch me, Glyph is cleared because it would've proven Legolas's ability to be true.

3. I didn't roleblock Raziek. He has his vote so he wasn't stopped by me. You said "Inferno RB'd Raziek. He's the only one that could." After I prove how that theory is wrong you go with the argument "well we don't know if your ability is true." Please don't be like Rajam and scum goggle me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Please don't indulge him until I'm through. I'd rather not have him dig a deeper grave seeing as I have enough to bury him if he needs to be buried.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Please don't indulge him until I'm through. I'd rather not have him dig a deeper grave seeing as I have enough to bury him if he needs to be buried.
I'm sorry, what? Why on earth would you not want MORE evidence against someone just because you think you already have enough? That just makes it look like you're trying to get everyone to ignore him so you don't have to read more **** when you get done or something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Because he's a moron. You push a moron and they will, one hundred percent of the time, give you a reason to lynch them. Now shut up, sit down, and wait for me to tell you what you think.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm just dumbfounded that there is pretty good evidence that I'm town. Let's show some points.

1. Once again, bringing up the Rajam opportunity to shoot me. Ryker, you said yourself that it was a scum ability because I was chosen over a lot of more viable kill targets, including RR. On top of this Rajam was the only person who had suspicion of me at the time. Whoever did this obviously thought Rajam was gonna be an idiot and shoot. Rajam's rationalization for this was also grimy as ****. He claims there's a 2nd indy just to call me scum. Seriously this whole situation was Setting up a Misskill 101.
There IS another indy. We have too many things unaccounted for for Legolas to have been the only indy. With two different anti-town factions means the possibility of one of them killing the other one. This is not a point WHATSOEVER. Sure, the day kill was a non-town aligned ability. THAT DOES NOT ****ING CLEAR YOU.

2. Legolas. Let's bring him into the equation. Legolas said he changed to my alignment. Now of course some people *cough* Rajam *cough* would use this to say that this was a last attempt to try and save me. However, if you wanna take what he says as truth, I'm basically cop cleared. On the bright side if you guys still decide to lynch me, Glyph is cleared because it would've proven Legolas's ability to be true.
"If you want to take what scum told you as truth then I am basically clear."

No thanks.

3. I didn't roleblock Raziek. He has his vote so he wasn't stopped by me. You said "Inferno RB'd Raziek. He's the only one that could." After I prove how that theory is wrong you go with the argument "well we don't know if your ability is true." Please don't be like Rajam and scum goggle me.
I'm not going to delve into why this defense is untrue because the initial point is untrue.

Raziek said he got no result, as in his target didn't visit anyone. Glyph was mod-confirmed roleblocked last Night, so OF COURSE Raziek got no result.

So basically your defense is "I was targeted with a scummy ability so I'm town" and "If you trust scum then I am town".

:glare:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Glyph is it just paranoia or do you have anything on Ryker?

I'll admit I'm paranoid too because nothing can be verified wrt him. I'm also worried about the whole "I didn't jump to see if scum would target me, so now I have jump again" thing, because that just seems really weird to me.

**** this always happens to me in endgame. I'm going to have to reread too but there's so much....

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Look, crashboards hit me in the middle of the day as did a sudden encrouching deadline on my Yomi League match. What I promise to have done before I go to sleep is the groundwork I need for the investigative process.

What is that? It's going to be a complete list of every claim, amendment, hint, and confirmation.

After that, it's a matter of reading the game to match the thought process of the role alongside their play in addition to everything that's posted.

This will not include Gheb or RR seeing as they are scum. Nor will it include Nich seeing as he did nothing with his role.

I am undecided on whether I shall include myself and Xonar. I'm posting it here for other people, but it's primarily just for me to use as a tool and that's more work.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek said he got no result, as in his target didn't visit anyone. Glyph was mod-confirmed roleblocked last Night, so OF COURSE Raziek got no result.

So basically your defense is "I was targeted with a scummy ability so I'm town" and "If you trust scum then I am town".

:glare:
I said I got roleblocked, bro. I got nothing on my watch OR track, it just so happened I accidentally tracked Glyph anyway, which would have given me nothing in either scenario.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As for jump WIFOM, deal with it. It was the correct decision, so you can suck a ****. There is absolutely zero scummy about it.

I do have verifiable Thief records as I did roleblock Glyph and Inferno with RR's Oracle ability. I've also told you about Gheb's Day Jan and Lego's insult. Lego's insult being correctly called as Sang claimed to have drawn Night Sword and we have no proof of NAR.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
As for jump WIFOM, deal with it. It was the correct decision, so you can suck a ****. There is absolutely zero scummy about it.

I do have verifiable Thief records as I did roleblock Glyph and Inferno with RR's Oracle ability. I've also told you about Gheb's Day Jan and Lego's insult. Lego's insult being correctly called as Sang claimed to have drawn Night Sword and we have no proof of NAR.
You RB'd me? When was this?

@Raziek - Did you get a message saying you were RB'd?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I said I got roleblocked, bro. I got nothing on my watch OR track, it just so happened I accidentally tracked Glyph anyway, which would have given me nothing in either scenario.
Oh well that does make things stranger.

I really don't like Inferno's claim of not doing anything then. He had no reason not to jump unless there were other actions he wanted to use.

We know it wasn't Glyph, pretty much. That's all we know. Ryker had the same claim of not jumping. I equally don't like this claim as it allows him two free Nights of basically saying "don't bother tracking me or anything because I'm jumping anyways." Then when he doesn't jump the first Night he can go ahead and do it the second Night instead.

Still want Gova to attempt to hammer whichever wagon we end up going with after Ryker finishes his rereads.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Ryker: You're right about the verifying thief stuff. The two scum abilities you got could have been faked, but when you clarified things with Sang's thief and claimed the Insult correctly, those are more concrete.

So you are pretty clearly a thief, then.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Seriously? He just said he used RED RYU'S ability to roleblock you. When did he do this?

WHEN HE GOT RED RYU'S ABILITY.
I obviously know that. My point was that I would've expected to have gotten something from the mod saying I was RB'd. Also I don't remember him stating this. I'm assuming whatever Glyph, you can vouch for being RB'd.

Also apparently listening to Ryker makes me scummy, which everyone has been doing. He specifically said he and Sang were jumping and I wasn't. He also told me to use stop on Glyph but he already was RB'd/VB'd so I didn't use it.

Also you stated that you are confident of a 2nd indy party. Explain.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
My point stands.
Kantrip, if you wanna say the gun scenario doesn't prove anything, tell me why I was chosen over Orbo, Rajam, and RED RYU. Tell me why Rajam was given the gun.

Dat flail. Inferno, if you're actually town, I'd recommend not posting anymore.
Am I going to live if I stop talking?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Possibly, it's really your best chance until I tell you to talk.

Anyway, Glyph THOROUGHLY distracted me. Started with Skype Mafia.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I obviously know that. My point was that I would've expected to have gotten something from the mod saying I was RB'd. Also I don't remember him stating this. I'm assuming whatever Glyph, you can vouch for being RB'd.

Also apparently listening to Ryker makes me scummy, which everyone has been doing. He specifically said he and Sang were jumping and I wasn't. He also told me to use stop on Glyph but he already was RB'd/VB'd so I didn't use it.

Also you stated that you are confident of a 2nd indy party. Explain.
People don't seem to understand that roleblocks don't inform you that you were afflicted by them UNLESS you have some sort of result you get back from the mod usually, or if there is some other way that you find out you were targeted with it. You don't just get a message for fun saying "lulz u were rulebloked noob!"

As for a second Indy's presence:

Known (and assumed) anti-town abilities (basically anything that has been happening that isn't claimed and is most likely still alive):

-Execution
-Indirect Day Kill
-One-shot Anonymous Neighbourizer
-Sending Messages
-Roleblocking
-Scum factional NK

Not sure if I'm missing stuff, but you get the point. Plain and simple, I refuse to believe this ALL belongs to ONE person (the last mafia). I am banking on execution, messages, and the Day Kill to most likely be indy. Considering what we know Legolas to have had, it's pretty likely they are all still abroad and unaccounted for.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Gova, it just dawned on me that you likely don't have your ability thanks to yours truly. While you may have been immune to the roleblock, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'they lose their first active ability' thing still got you.

Ryker, same ****'s probably on you too.
I don't recall you mentioning this **** before.

So your abilities are "take away their active ability" and "take away their passive ability'? Seriously?

Its literally word for word in my claim if you look back at it, and that plus a roleblock, yeah.
... what?

Meliadoul, Divine Knight, Libra

Only get to use one ability per night (I don't get a second class)

Lv. 1 Hellcry Punch you're already familiar with. Roleblock that counts as a NK. Doesn't observe factional NKs.

Lv. 2 Shellbust Stab is essentially the same deal, except instead of roleblocking someone it takes away their first passive ability listed in their role PM.

My little handicap thing is that I'm a miller.

Crumbed role flavor, stone, and miller status (that name and those abilities aren't exactly easy to work into every day conversation)

N1 I used Hellcry Punch on Gova
N2 I used Hellcry Punch on Ryker

And I'll explain as soon as we finish claims up.
... Glyph where did you say you take away actives too?

Top Bottom