• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Ronike

Smash Ace
I never said you weren't showing them as your opinions, however, by putting only yourself and riddle in green, out of the remaining town that is, you make it harder to take either of you as suspects. I know because originally looking at that post, I skipped ight over you since you were in green. I honest nolyt reading into it very much, it just struck me as strange.

But anyways, thanks for the buddy post pal!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven's Metagaming Bull****

Has anyone else noticed a consistency with power roles, and vanilla roles, and then noticed that Ronike and Marshy totally don't fit in with said consistencies?

Riddle, Cloud Strife (town vigilante)
Xsyven, Aerith Gainsborough (town doctor)
Chaco, Red XIII (town sidekick)
KevinM, Tifa Lockhart (town masoned roleblocker)
McFox, Vincent Valentine (town cop)

Marshy, Cait Sith (vanilla townie)
Ronike, Yuffie Kisaragi (vanilla townie)
Frozenflame, Don Corneo (vanilla townie)
Mentos, Marlene Wallace (vanilla townie)
Handorin, Dr. Shalua Rui (vanilla townie)
Rockin, Denzel (vanilla townie)
Chill, Professor Hojo (vanilla townie)
Gheb, Angeal Hewley (vanilla townie)

Nothing groundbreaking or lynchworthy, but its something to think about.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im Barret Wallace the voteblocker. I know being a voteblock sounds scummy but it is significantly less so when you realize I was paired with Keven. He was the role block so combined with my power we could be used in tangent to completely block out a mafiat. Ive been blocking so far based off of who was bandwagoning and just in general didnt seem to have valid opinions. I didnt block last night as is obvious.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xsy, can you give a track record of your protects, if you would.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Night 1, Omni protected KevinM.
Night 2, Omni protected himself.
Night 3, I protected myself.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To those proposing a no-lynch/Riddle shot... Really? If he mis-shoots and we've determined who he's shooting, all mafia has to do is kill someone else, and it's game. Here's the best course of action here. We lynch whoever we find most suspicious today. If it's mafia, Riddle no-shoots, we repeat tomorrow. If it's town, that gives us one last chance with Riddle's vig shot. This way, instead of one wrong shot meaning game, we get our lynch in, then allow Riddle to shoot our number 2. If the shot is mafia, we move to tomorrow at LYLO. This is easily the best strategy for town to take, and I'm not sure why people think taking away one shot and leaving just as much risk of failure as a lynch is smart.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
@Mentos, I was under the impression it was a daykill for some reason... yeah, I agree with ya.

Why're you protecting yourself? Waste of action.
I don't know why Omni did it. I did it last night since I was the only town I knew. :) How is protecting myself a waste of action?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because, techinically it's just self preservation. Which isn't entirely in the town's best interest. Whether or not the only townie you knew was you, Riddle had claimed Cloud Strife. I don't see why you wouldn't protect the main protagonist.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Im Barret Wallace the voteblocker. I know being a voteblock sounds scummy but it is significantly less so when you realize I was paired with Keven. He was the role block so combined with my power we could be used in tangent to completely block out a mafiat. Ive been blocking so far based off of who was bandwagoning and just in general didnt seem to have valid opinions. I didnt block last night as is obvious.
ughghghgh

frozen mentos who is the play?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Guys, seriously, we have less than a week to get this together, and we need the entire town to hit a mafia. Get active!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wanna say Riddle still, because not vigging anyone? Seriously? The claim fits, just the. . .not killing anyone picks at me.

Riddle

Smash Lord
We were already digging ourselves into a hole and I didn't feel confident enough in who was scum to risk digging us even deeper. I am much more confident with the lynching of town then my shots.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's just the thing. I don't feel that right now. I'm not sure about anyone at this time. And to be honest, I don't see a lynch going across today. To many differing views.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Chaco said:
Riddle had claimed Cloud Strife. I don't see why you wouldn't protect the main protagonist.
Chaco said:
I wanna say Riddle still, because not vigging anyone? Seriously? The claim fits, just the. . .not killing anyone picks at me.
Chaco, you just told me I was greedy for not protecting Cloud, the main character of the series. And now you're saying you want to lynch him? Two faced much?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Two faced? No. You self protected. Which is basically pointless. Essentialy you are a BP townie, nothing more. Riddle is acting essentially as a VT. Me doubting him not killing isnt going "Hey guys! Let's lynch Riddle right now!". No, that's not happening. Yes, the smart thing for you, the one who isn't doubting. Would be to protect the main protag. Which, is utter **** from a doc. Reasons why they don't let docs self protect is because they do only use it on themselves sometimes.

You two are on the top of the believable yet dumb use category.

Marshy and Ronike as VTs seems a bit odd. Specially the characters they claimed.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmmm, not sure who the play is at this point.

A no kill claimed vig is fairly sketchy. This combined with Riddle's past scummy behavior makes me somewhat buy into Ronike's theory that cloud could be a "misaligned" character of sorts.

Cait sith and Yuffie as VT's as Xsy pointed out also doesn't sit particularly well with me.

Also not a fan of leaving the game to chance based on a Riddle NK. We definitely need to work this out here. I'll be back with more thoughts later.

Ronike

Smash Ace
We're not saying leave the game to chance by giving riddle full reins, we are gonna give him who to kill, and have him kill them. Its still being decided here, so you down for that?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Would you press 'Up' please?”

26th Vote Count:
Ronike (1): Xsyven

Not voting (7): Omis, Frozenflame, Marshy, Mentos, Ronike, Riddle, Chaco

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for 12:00 noon EST on Saturday, October 31st. (Approx. 3.5 days)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm leaning toward coming to a consensus on a Riddle vig as opposed to a lynch. This will prevent us from getting quick lynched to a loss in case we slip up during the day.

Ronike seems to be down with this. What about the rest of you?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure who is the play at the moment, but once again no lynch and vig shot is TERRIBLE for town. Essentially it's no different than a lynch(we decide on who he is going to kill and have him shoot=lynch at night), and it takes away our backup plan at night of him shooting if we mislynch and possibly hitting a maf saving the game for us. I don't see why no one else sees the serious flaw in this. What if we decided Riddle was going to shoot someone, and maf knew they were town? All they would have to do is shoot someone else and it's game. If we lynch the person we would tell Riddle to shoot, and were wrong, then he still has the shot at night to kill a maf and leave us in LYLO instead of game.

Point being, we NEED to lynch today. I think people are so busy trying to think of clearing Riddle by having him shoot, they're missing the fact that missing that shot tonight is instant loss. So why not take two shots instead of one?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Using Riddle as a kill method is a ******** idea. Mafia easily can manipulate that as all of the sudden instead of needing a majority, we only need a plurality. Then all they have to do is kill the "doctor", or anyone else since there isn't a doctor. Either way, they win tonight. I realized this immediately as I was typing up the post suggesting it to see if I could catch anyone with it. Now certain people are so much like sheep its hard to hold it against them (looking at you riddle and to a lesser extent Chaco), but it got mentos basically clear as at that point there was no reason for mafia to disagree as there had only been people saying they wanted to do it, no matter how stupid it was. But instead Mentos pointed out many of the flaws, showing me he had the town's interest in mind. And that brings the potential mafias down to 6.

Omis, Frozenflame, Marshy, Mentos, Xsyven, Ronike, Riddle, Chaco

Then theres Omis. Sure he took a while to claim, but based on a conversation with Tom where he told me he loved a specific mafia game which had the same mason setup as this one, I guessed pretty far out what he was, and in addition he didn't block last night, for which there is no scum reason to do so.

I'll admit at this point I can't straight out rule out anyone else as mafia, however, I can go thru with who is the least scummy.

Riddle: Originally I thought perhaps he was mafia due to possibility that he was being controlled by Sephiroth like he was in the game. Something FF was quick to latch onto, which I thought nothing of at the time, due to it being perfectly reasonable. But now think. Sephi is dead and revealed as an indy. So its not feasible that they are on a team, as then sephi would have just been a mafia. And in addition, no offense to Riddle, he always plays stupid and thats what we've been going after him for. Now, it seems weird that he hasn't killed, but again we can check that easily, so there's no point in killing him today anyways.

Chaco: He's been doing some agravating stuff sure, but nothing all that scummy, mostly just misguided I think. Plus, at one point he defended me today even though I have been in the main eye of suspicion by more than a few people. The only real reason I can see mafia doing this is to keep my vote off of him today, but even so it seems odd for a scum to defend one of their best lynch chances of the day.

Marshy: He just hasn't done anything. Litterally! He didn't comment on the riddle lynch kill idea, and just has kinda been lying back posting questions here and there. But it seems more to me like he is trying to perhaps trap someone, so he's kinda neutral in my book atm.

Xsyven: Well what can I say? I've been after him the whole game. Then he pulls this crap on me and Marshy on why we as party members don't have abilities as well. Well, I dunno, maybe Tom just doesn't like them, I dunno. At any rate, that alone isn't really enough to lynch, plus, you lied to us about your role at the begining of the game. Plus you try to buddy left and right. Plus, you are for the Riddle kill. And then, as the great TOWNIE ff says:

That strat is awful.
But strategies like that destroy Lynch all Liars. There are very few situations in which LAL should be abandoned and none of them take place at the start of a game and none take place in Lylo.
He lied. Its (m)ylo. There are ALMOST no reasons NOT to lynch him. Except that there is someone scummier.

Frozenflame: This requires bullets:
A) He fell for the riddle kill. Not only is Frozen a good player and thus would have recognized it as at least HAVING problems instantly instead of just blindly following, but he also said in the post before agreeing with it that he'd rather not rely on a POSSIBLE vig.
B) He has survived this long. Probably the smallest of my arguments, but at this point Mafia is killing Jungle over Frozen? No.
C) He hasn't contributed. In fact, he has been stalling. Both Marshy and I point blank asked him questions, and he vaguely answers one, and then disappears, saying he will post more later. Then he reappears, plays some other mafia games, ignores this one, and leaves, only to come back less than 72 hours from the deadline, and again dodging a question. He's stalling, trying to get Riddle to have to kill tonite, and thus procure the win.
D) He started Chill's lynch, but then didn't hammer. I never quite understood this. Why would a scum not jump on a townies lynch with no consequences? Why would townie start a case on a scum, and not jump on said scum? Well, there's no answer for the later, but for the former, there is. By just about getting Chill lynched, right next to the deadline, he could save the lynch for when it is make or break for the town. Who here wouldn't have voted Chill had Jungle not killed him? Well, if we had, we would be dead.
E) He has constantly avoided Omni/Xsyven's lynch, even tho he has been somewhat obviously and then blatantly lying. This coming from the man who posted the above quote of "There is no reason to not lynch liars in lylo"! Know why? Cause they are scum buddies.

Frozen's the play. Vote: Frozen

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To Ronike's post: I think he brings up some solid points about some people, there's one thing that bugs me about it though. This is the fact that right away, giving no solid reasoning, he crosses himself off the list. Now, I understand that if he's town to himself he's cleared, but he gave no reasoning to the rest of the town why he shouldn't be considered. Everyone else he crossed off there was reasoning behind but he gave no reason for us to think he isn't scum and took himself off a consideration list which was otherwise very strongly reasoned out.

So, here's my idea. I'm still suspicious enough of Ronike that I don't trust him. Right now, we have one lynch and one vig kill to use(assuming 3 scum, anything less we have more breathing room, but I'm assuming the worst). I'm thinking we lynch Ronike today. If he flips scum, Riddle takes a shot at someone else(at that point, likely someone he is NOT suspicious of), and after the mafia kill we likely go to lylo(assuming different people are targeted), and have a good idea of what's left.

Now, if we lynch Ronike and he flips town, Riddle needs to shoot correctly to win. However, if he were to flip town, Frozen would be almost guaranteed scum in my book. In fact, the only reason I'm not ready for a Frozen wagon is that I'm suspicious of Ronike and could see him trying to push a mislynch. If he flips town, I'm a lot more confident that FF=scum, and I think we're guaranteed tomorrow with this strategy.

So, I'm going to Vote: Ronike. I think this plan is one of our strongest. I'm also not worried about a scum quick lynch if he is town, because that outs the mafia and our vig can pick one off easily giving us tomorrow knowing who the scum is.

The one thing I need to point out, is if we do this plan and Ronike flips town, quite simply Xsyven NEEDS to protect Riddle tonight. Usually if a vig is killed by mafia their shot is cancelled, and if that happens it's game.

So, the tl;dr version, we lynch Ronike today(since he has been suspicious following him makes me uneasy), if he flips scum Riddle shoots at will tonight, we're likely in LYLO tomorrow. If he flips town, Riddle shoots FF, which I would at that point be confident is scum, and we go to tomorrow and find the remaining scum. Xsyven protects Riddle tonight if Ronike flips town to guarantee a tomorrow. What are people's opinions on this?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Mentos Unvote. If Xsyven Really Is The Doc, Mafia Could Quick Lynch For The Win.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Everything in that post is from my perspective, so of course I'm crossed off on my own list. I can't really go in and give reasons as to why I'm clear, I'm a little biased, don't you think?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's true Ronike, but if xsy is doc and scum quicklynches, we know all the scum and can pick them off, that's why I'm confident having my vote on. And if he's not? Then scum wouldn't have numbers to do so

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah they do. If I get lynched, that puts the numbers at 3/7 mafia to total ratio, and with a night kill, they win. I'm not willing to put winning to chance based on whether or not Riddle and Xsyven are as they claim, because I still think there is a decent chance riddle is lying. The only reason Riddle is so low on my list is that it can be easily check if he is lying or not. So Unvote, let the town at least come to a consensus instead of just me getting quick lynched

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
mentos why are you dangling the opportunity of a quicklynch when we don't have frozen's decision?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh, I believe Riddle and Xsyven(no reason to not trust Cloud as real with Sephi as an indie, and xsyven is our only doc claim and I doubt we don't have a doc.), so I don't see a quicklynch as a threat. But, if you guys distrust those two enough, unvote so we can make sure it doesn't happen. I do still think Ronike is the lynch play and Frozen the shot if he flips town, but I'll wait to vote again.

Ronike

Smash Ace
mentos, I don't know what more you want from me. I'm handing the mafia to you on a silver platter, and its still not good enough for you. Unfortunately if its not good enough for you, theres no point in serving it as we need the entire town to catch scum. If you really want scum to win so badly you won't vote for a blatantly scummy person (which you even admit he is) simply because you want to lynch me to be sure, then the scum deserves to win.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ronike, it's merely the fact that I have found you scummy the past few days. I can't say I entirely disagree with you on frozen, but with me being pretty suspicious of you it is making me second guess that suspicion because if you're scum, he's probly town. If my suspicions of you change I will definitely be on Frozen, but until then the lynch+shoot method seems better.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'll write my long post later, but guys, Ronike and Marshy are so scummy, I just can't contain myself.

Ronike is scrambling like crazy, and somehow, you guys haven't notice Marshy do NOTHING EVER?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
ive been behind like every wagon. frozen and mentos are the ones who have done little throughout the entirety of the game

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You've been behind every bandwagon that turned out to be town, and ever since I've started this game, you've done nothing but say "Someone start a lynch".

Yeah, real townie, dude.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'll write my long post later, but guys, Ronike and Marshy are so scummy, I just can't contain myself.

Ronike is scrambling like crazy, and somehow, you guys haven't notice Marshy do NOTHING EVER?

So let me just make sure I've got this right: you are stalling responding to my accusations towards you and your scum buddy with 36 hours left in the day, and you are telling us that marshy hasn't done anything. Got it. Just one question tho, how is doing nothing scummier than two players who have done nothing but scummy things the whole game?

Now don't get me wrong, I think marshy may well be our third mafia member, but he as sure as he'll isn't scummier than ff

or you for that matter.

Top Bottom