• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
on behalf of Monk/Honkey/Banana:

"Me and Freddy will be at Cutting Edge for the tourney this Sunday. We'll be bringing a freind who sucks but he's only there in case some people dont show up, like the last one. That way we'll have more contestants.
And we really don't have a way of getting back home seeing as Lim3, our driver >.>, won't be making it. If anyone wants to give us a 3 mile ride back, we'll take it."

Yeah, see ya there!
=]

Linguini

Smash Master
Yea mine are now ganondorf and pikachu......
Also, mcscruffs mini tournament was actually my tournament..........please change, thanks

ggmax

Smash Cadet
hey, how does all this work? sorry for being unaware. just registered but im not new to ssbm or smash boards at all. maybe someone could pm to let me know about the florida scene? i moved here last fall. thanks

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Just read through the first page for all the improtnt stuff. The discussion on the following pages doesn't really matter. There's a post with tells directions about each section and what it's there for as well as a table of contents to quickly move around the FL Thread.

ggmax

Smash Cadet
Sounds good. Heres my information:

School Year: SEFL - Jupiter; ggmax; Falco, Mario
Summers: MWFL - Gainesville; ggmax; Falco, Mario

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Alright, I added you to the smasher locators. Welcome to the FL thread. ^_^

Would you like to give us your Wii code as well?

ggmax

Smash Cadet
wii code is:
3210 4828 3281 2898

thanks. hopefulyl see you guys at the upcoming tournaments. The Feb 24 NSU one sounds good might be there.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
yeah I just looked at my characters and I noticed they are in need of update whenever you get the chance

Mario, Peach, Link, C. Falcon, Ganondorf

thanks again for those of you that care i'm checking the new CuttingEdge Tournament dates
(edit no new times/or dates)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Attention Floridinians

eh, my stepdad just took a job in panama city. so i may be moving there in a couple months.

they have any good smashers in that city or area?

i made a simliar topic to this in TN, but that was before i was certain he was going to take the job (he's been searching for positions lately since his company died and now he's finally taken an offer in panama)soo......iunno

my family will be joining him sooner or later once we get the money to move, so i'm pretty much inclined to follow as well. as dumb as it sounds though, the smash community in the area is a pretty big influence on my willingness to or to not go...so...what crews/smashers in panama/area?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The closest crew would be Panhandle Manhandlers, which is about an hour and a half away in Mary Esther. North Florida's pretty small in comparison to the rest of the state, but the tourneys in Central & South FL would be a nice challenge for you.

Keep us updated! ^_^

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
hell yea that would be cool and if u did drive an hour and a half to us then u could stay a few days at ram's house there is plenty of room and he is always happy to have guests.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Floridameister for taking the time to make this Florida thread possible.I want to know though is if this is the typical way of posting Tournaments and Smashfests on the SmashBoards?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well generally you'd make a seperate thread of your own, then link us to it here so we can add it to the list. It makes it hard for people to find information about tourneys when the post is burried under several pages of this thread. That's why a seperate thread is recommended.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yeah lots of tournaments coming up it's a **** shame I'm not going to be able to make ANY of them (maybe one but I doubt it)

seeing how I am posting just like to re-state Mario,Peach,Ganon,Link, and C. Falcon is my new line up

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hey manko, i just wanted to let u know that this thread is the **** awesome job on it n i also wanted to notify everyone that from now on we (n00b testament) will b holding weekly smashfests at my place on friday nights, we're located in Orlando at UCF on Alafaya(alternate name for 434), call me if anyone needs the address. If enough people show up ill rent out the theatre room of my apartment complex so space wont b a problem since we have a pretty spacious room, we do need more tv's n cubes tho...

my number is 321 279 8582

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Thanks OTRU, I appreciate it. ^_^

oh, and Exarch helps out too every now and then. ;)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Manko/exarch - I don't know if I said this before, but kudos on the thread. I just took the time to glance over the first page, and I have to say that's one of the most extensive state/finder/etc. things I've ever seen. Major props. You both get rep that doesn't exist anymore :)

Thanks for the INN 5 plug.

And you forgot the "FL's adopted Smashers" section. I better be top on the list!

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Thanks a bunch Zane, the compliment is appreciated a bunch.

Manko is the man, mosdef. I'd still like to get more than 1.5 people working on this though.

Oh and as for the "FL's adopted Smashers" section, we've got a panel working on that, but there's been a lot of drama caused. Not sure if it will ever be released. I can tell you you were near the top though Zane.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
He had announced before that the trip was canceled since Evo pushed HOST2 back a week. He was planning on comming down to [thread=96292]Twilight Showdown 2[/thread] instead. You may be able to convince him to still go though, who knows.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Actually...

it does

:(
well zane, I would like to humbly welcome you to........

The racist club! Me, Rice, Boomstick, and Rook are already members. Ram and his bro want to be members tring to act racist against white guys but w/e i guess they r in also. Fumin never talks but we know what he is thinking and he is in also. well we might as well call our selves The Panhandle Manhandlers.

So your in zane. pack your things because you are moving into ram's guest house/garage

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
so lemme get this straight you want to be....

A) succesful in life

and

B) you want to be smash...... this puzzles me but ill bring a bat next time i come over just incase u want to live out that dream ;)

Top Bottom