• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Match-Up General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Same happened I went to my first Brawl tourny and placed like 148th place out of 150..... I can't remember the name though

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Looks good Mmac!

And lol thanks, I did spend some time on my sig. I think it goes more along with what I like my personal style to be though lol.

Tourneys are also where you'll find some of the most nervous fights ever. The winner usually is someone with TOURNEY experience, rather than actual brawl skill. One player I especially remember, was another Fox main that managed to beat me. My friend got beat by this guy too at another tourney he went to, but destroyed him in a friendly earlier that day. My friend agreed my Fox was definitely better than his, but he knew how to keep his cool. Don't get me wrong you do need actual brawl skill to win, that's how I made it past elimination, but you also need to have the right mindset.

Iblis, do you ever check the AIB tournaments section? Lol I'm just lucky I live near San Francisco, we get some nice tourneys here. I beat the guy who sells the games at my local GameCrazy, I remembered him because I always see him working there and giving free coupons. He gave me one, but I didn't feel too bad beating him because he already didn't have enough wins to move on.

Also Fox's number is irrelevant! It's just the label the smash community has coincidentally labeled him. It is now the number of the FLAMEDASH!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I updated the template to the design of my better Matchup Charts, and to the new Tier List
M@v is going to be PISSED. He spent all day working on the old one to touch it up.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Tourneys are also where you'll find some of the most nervous fights ever. The winner usually is someone with TOURNEY experience, rather than actual brawl skill. One player I especially remember, was another Fox main that managed to beat me. My friend got beat by this guy too at another tourney he went to, but destroyed him in a friendly earlier that day. My friend agreed my Fox was definitely better than his, but he knew how to keep his cool. Don't get me wrong you do need actual brawl skill to win, that's how I made it past elimination, but you also need to have the right mindset.
what kind of mindset, because apparently mines suck?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
*still needs to look at new tier list because hasn't finished other post yet*

Well, I thought it would be better to put matchup discussion on the matchup board lol.

And wow Chileno! I already noticed and I thought someone else made it for you! I need to learn how to do some of that stuff, can you send me some links in a pm?
You bet i can! I'll send them now.

Uhm, are we going to discuss about Bowser? I want to know a few things to fight it because my friend mains him sort of. But he's really into bowserciding alot >_< I don't really have problems with him lol, he isn't THAAAT good tbh. Oyeah! I forgot, how is the Sonic match-up now?

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
lol Lightning, your sig is awesome enough.

I can't play video games on Sunday nights or "school days" (I can play after school on Fridays though).* Which sucks, because I can't give you guys input XP

*In case anyone's confused, I'm sort of embarrassed to say this, but I've never been to a tournament (yet...). Is that bad?

EDIT: Has anyone noticed Fox's score?
OMG
Not to worry, hell, i went to my first brawl tournament a little under 2 months ago, i ended up 13th out of 54, lol. (it was the Melbourne Ranbat btw), Australia's a bit baron tournaments, from memory, there actually where a few respected Aussie players there, Kobolt, Redact, and i managed to knock out Shaz(Cronos Rainbow), not bad for my first time i guess.

PS: FOX RAWKS!

The Jort

Smash Rookie
lol Lightning, your sig is awesome enough.

I can't play video games on Sunday nights or "school days" (I can play after school on Fridays though).* Which sucks, because I can't give you guys input XP

*In case anyone's confused, I'm sort of embarrassed to say this, but I've never been to a tournament (yet...). Is that bad?

EDIT: Has anyone noticed Fox's score?
OMG
Yeah I haven't gone to any tournaments either, unless you count the tourney that Game Stop had when the Brawl came out.(which I didn't do to good in)

Just keep waiting and you will find one.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
back on to the Sonic matchup. have we come to an agreement yet?

even
55:45Fox
60:40Fox

i see most saying its 60:40 but i think any one of those can work out. we've been stalled @ Sonic for a while now so i think we should rap him up and move on naw.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
60:40, really.

Sure, they're both fast and have some tricky options, but Fox wins in raw damage output. And that's only one aspect.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah thats why i said Lucario cause he only has a #. and he is a better character than most of the remaining ones we haven't talked about yet.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
O yeah well we upsmash your Jigglypuff at like 60 on Halberd!!!! TAKE THAT!.
lol. Snake does the same w/ Utilt >.>. besides no one else can die at 30% on Corneria like JP can, if you get tricked into going there. thats just life for us.

So we are discussing the puff match up?
M@v needs to get in here and put up something.

No one has really made a stand on the decision. I think it's either Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ness, PT, Link, or Lucario.
fixed, you forgot some. lol

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
For the sake of preventing you guys from spamming, I'm going to say you can't let Lucario have a number without a discussion. So go with him.

M@v

Subarashii!
^ what he said. I forget the link to the discussion, but over at lucario boards the verdict was 4:6 lucario.

I dont have time to update the OP, so just start for now:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^ what he said. I forget the link to the discussion, but over at lucario boards the verdict was 4:6 lucario.

I dont have time to update the OP, so just start for now:

OO so basically our match-up information was originally based off of the Lucario boards? I thought we like semi-talked about it in the thread.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
air priority, not too light, good roll dodge, IASA frames on his long Fsmash, gets stronger has he taes damage.......... he can CG with sideB too right? in fact the guy has funny disjointed and laggy hitboxs all over the place.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
hmm...ive never fough a Lucario with my fox(i did for yoshi tho) but from what ive seen, approaching is not the easiest thing in the world, Fsmash alone makes this hard, however, its a pretty laggy move so be sure youre close enough to punish.

um, i dont really have much data on this one, ill just watch you guys post>.>

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah the Lucario I fought a while ago had an annoying counter strategy to Fox approaching. Although you can reflect aura balls and dodge them you still have to watch out for the incoming aerials that follow these blasts. My friend is starting to main him, but he isn't that good yet. My Lucario could beat his, although I must admit the CG thing can be very annoying, and his grab knocback range is commendable. From what I see gimping his recovery isn't too risky, although he can aim for the wall if you are hogging the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom