• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Fox's recovery is great. Mixing up shine stall,firefox,illusion+ the cancels, and fair copter are all very good.
I agree, Fox has so many tools to get back onstage and they all have such great range. I'm surprised half of the time by the ability of Fox to recover quickly and efficiently. He can take his time by stalling out of the opponent's reach or he can Illusion around their attacks, you just have to pay attention to the opponent. Our fastfall is the fastest, and can immediately be cancelled with Shine, which to me is incredible. I almost never have problems getting back to the stage with Fox.

M@v

Subarashii!
I know. But if TKD is gonna call Sheiks recovery crappy then Foxs' is crappy as well.

But they're both decent recoveries.

.....Sheik's recovery is nowhere near as good as foxes.

In terms of spacies, falco may have the best horizontal recovery(side b is much safer than fox's or wolf's), fox has the best overall spacy recovery by a good margin.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
So the last time I played this game my friend got mad that my Fox kept ****** him for free (JV 3 stock 2 games in a row too ****ing good)

So he played Sheik and then he got 3 stocked.

The point of this story is that M@v is the best Fox IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
it seems to me that the only time shiek ever gets back on stage with out taking damage is if she got lucky or the other guy tried to read the teleport instead of just waiting and reacting to it.
Based off what? As long as you DI correctly your really not forced to vanish on the stage.

If they don't grab the ledge than it's a free tether to the ledge. If they do than you have a couple options of either vanishing onstage and auto canceling the move or vanishing right by the ledge and forcing them to get off.

Only like MK and maybe ROB/Jigglypuff completely wreck Sheik offstage.

I never get gimped by any other characters.

And i'm not hating on Fox, but even with all the different options he has available to him....side b is still fairly easy to get hit out of.

So I don't see how it's any different compared to Sheik in overall quality of recovery.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If they don't grab the ledge than it's a free tether to the ledge. If they do than you have a couple options of either vanishing onstage and auto canceling the move or vanishing right by the ledge and forcing them to get off.
so what youre saying is that, shiek recovers just fine as long as the other guy has no idea what hes supposed to be doing when shes out there.

I think that falls under the category of 'getting lucky' that i went over before.

but im not going to bother going into this with somebody whos obviously got the 'my main is amazing and the rest of you just dont see it' disease.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
What on Earth?

Somebody called Sheiks recovery crappy, so I was just stating my view of it. Since I play her and all that.

But w/e. I'm not going to go into this with someone who's got the 'I know more about your character than you do' disease.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Megafox got 4th at a tourney this weekend.

Results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298477

Megafox :snake: vs K Prime :pikachu2: 1
Megafox :snake: vs K Prime :pikachu2: 2

PantyRaider :gw: vs Megafox :fox: 1
PantyRaider :gw: vs Megafox :fox: 2

Megafox :snake: vs Nike :marth: 1 <- Must watch
Megafox :snake: vs Nike :marth: 2

He's forced to use Snake against me and K Prime at every tourney for obvious reasons, otherwise he almost always goes pure fox. His set against Poltergust will be up tonight, and it was super hype/close at the end. I think he's moving up half a dozen spots on the Texas PR just from this tourney alone.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I always 0 -> Death him from grabs during friendlies so he doesn't take the chance in tourney.

He used Fox against Poltergust.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
even though hes only like 13, i still say he needs to man up and learn that pikachu matchup.

ps. marth v fox is even the last i checked, why would he be forced to switch for that match,
ps2. dont get grabbed by marth at 0

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah it's Fox's adv. :troll:

Anyways I'm gonna guess it only works at 0. Just don't get grabbed at 0, it's not hard to camp the SV platform either.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Nike.;12280295[B said:
]I always 0 -> Death [/B]him from grabs during friendlies so he doesn't take the chance in tourney.

He used Fox against Poltergust.
hes doing it wrong

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
i try using all fox most of the time but i go snake usually against k prime and nike. i kinda use snake against mk but not most of the time
im having trouble learning the yoshi mu though :( i dont play alot of yoshis so idk what to do against polt

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i try using all fox most of the time but i go snake usually against k prime and nike. i kinda use snake against mk but not most of the time
im having trouble learning the yoshi mu though :( i dont play alot of yoshis so idk what to do against polt
fair. fair shuts down yoshi alot

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Megafox got 4th at a tourney this weekend.

Results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298477

Megafox :snake: vs K Prime :pikachu2: 1
Megafox :snake: vs K Prime :pikachu2: 2

PantyRaider :gw: vs Megafox :fox: 1
PantyRaider :gw: vs Megafox :fox: 2

Megafox :snake: vs Nike :marth: 1 <- Must watch
Megafox :snake: vs Nike :marth: 2

He's forced to use Snake against me and K Prime at every tourney for obvious reasons, otherwise he almost always goes pure fox. His set against Poltergust will be up tonight, and it was super hype/close at the end. I think he's moving up half a dozen spots on the Texas PR just from this tourney alone.
Good matches but I don't see Marth being that difficult for Fox that he HAS to use Snake. I would use Fox in tourney against them.TKD does too I think lol. Still good matches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
every yoshi says fox destroys their character.

i assume its because fox is amazing at forcing people into shield and yoshi is awful coming out of shield.

EDIT i play falco against marths all the time.
I dont know if the CG works exactly the same way, but with falco, all you have to do is stand in the very middle of the stage, because marth can only spike you after the first two grabs. and he cant CG you to the edge from the middle with 2 grabs.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
God guys, Mars has a completely valid point. Let me express this from the view of someone who mains Fox, and has played the Shiek MU (against a very talented and intelligent player) countless times.

And don't call irony shenanigans on him, the guy knows Fox well enough to make trustworthy comparisons. Way to attack an innocent fellow.

Top Bottom