• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Put the following into the command window (you can just copy and past the whole thing):

t=0:1/1000:30;
x1=cos(2*t);
x2=2*cos(5*t);
y1=sin(2*t);
y2=5*sin(5*t);
z1=2*t;
z2=5*t;

plot3(x1,y1,z1,x2,y2,z2)

There are a lot of other ways to do it. But that's the easiest. That will plot both of those functions on the same 3D graph.
thanks bro, very helpful. If i ever have any other questions ur the man to go to ;)

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
It had nothing to do with being nice. EY felt really bad after the whole thing. He didn't realize how important it was for him to keep trying to win. The facts are: doll won against EY; therefore, he moved on.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
wait... what happened?
It had nothing to do with being nice. EY felt really bad after the whole thing. He didn't realize how important it was for him to keep trying to win. The facts are: doll won against EY; therefore, he moved on.
From this explanation it sounds like EY beat enough people in his pool to make it out safely, and then simply stopped trying to win his pools matches to a noticeable degree. This allowed Doll to beat him and I assume allowed Doll to advance instead of Harriet the Guy, who chose not to press the issue of EY not trying (essentially throwing matches).

The bracket rigging in this case seems unintentional (making it arguably not bracket rigging).

Can someone who was there can confirm this?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Not quite. That pool was mad stacked, so it was kind of a fight for third. Shroomed held the first seed and Colin got second. Doll, Yay and Josh were vying for third seed and Yay was salty from losing his first two sets, so he threw the set he played against Doll (even though he WOULD HAVE won) by SD'ing as Peach died off the top because he didn't want to play anymore. The fact was, the winning screen said Peach was the winner, so Doll made it out of pools. Josh chose not to press the issue, as it would have been a 3 way tie and they would've needed to tie-break.

/Apollo on Blindghost's account. We're cool because we hang out outside of Smash.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
More Details if You're Salty Curious

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

SD'ing at the end is fun and insulting because your intention is to let the other guy win (control their fate when they can't). I know because I'm Harriet. Too bad it happened in pools and was not exclusive to the 2 players. I should have been stronger, and beaten Doll 2-1 to secure 3rd. These were my immediate thoughts while the dispute was hot, and they're still my thoughts now.

Hindsight, I 2-0'd Yay (who played awful) which triggered his saltiness and my ultimate demise lol. What???Order of operations?? Pool strats, gotem.

Doll was really apprehensive about making eye contact Saturday night (the day of the incident). I told Doll I wasn't mad at him Sunday morning and told him people were debating ethics on smashboards. Waiting for shuttle after tourny Monday, he came up to me and apologized some more. I'm going to learn how to really move, and things will change.

A Cool Story Bro:
I kept thinking it'd be hilarious if someone Husband-raged, slammed a table, and yelled "FKKN LUIGI" while the immediate background showed a victory screen of Luigi doing his worm victory dance. I rehearsed this scenario about 34 times in my head Saturday. I became obsessed with Luigi. I adopted the persona of a confident low-tier main (a pink luigi main aka "The Vulture") who was overly introspective by inflating incredibly miniscule and miscellaneous details during a match. Walking around the venue, "The Vulture" wistfully searches for an opponent who could offer him the most invigorating match. He discovers facets of "Truth"/meaning of life by trying to win against the odds. Upon finding an opponent compatible for his needs, he walks up to them DURING their match. Inevitably, "The Vulture"'s victim would sense his bloodlusting chakra, and turn around only to be confronted by a rigid face and dead stare.

A demand:

"Money match my Luigi."

So then

me, Pr0ject, Raistlin, Laijin, and 4 randoms trolled m2k while he was playing friendlies....sequentially DEMANDING him to moneymatch our Luigi with a stone-cold face, but bailing (via "need to get my controller") if ever forced. We also wanted to surround his immediate environment with Luigi dittos (not FFA because Luigi is serious), spamming imperfect wavedashes (air-dodge included). Laijin was like the 7th person to ask him within 2 hours, and m2k said "You trollin' me, bro?"

END OF COOL STORY

Edit: m2k did not realize it was 8 different people asking him, because he got irritated at fresh faces

Linguini

Smash Master
Pound was mad fun, was playing like @ss the whole time unfortunately and lost 1-2 to all the people I lost sets to in pools lol. Probably my last OOS tourney unfortunately :(

Not going to be taking smash too seriously from now on but i'll def play once in a while; mostly to start fvcking around with a lot more characters now since i'm kinda bored of ganon

Thanks jav for the ride and all dat

Laijin

Smash Hero
Gotta draw the line somewhere.

SD'ing at the end is fun and insulting because your intention is to let the other guy win (control their fate when they can't). I know because I'm Harriet. Too bad it happened in pools and was not exclusive to the 2 players. I should have been stronger, and beaten Doll 2-1 to secure 3rd. These were my immediate thoughts while the dispute was hot, and they're still my thoughts now.

Hindsight, I 2-0'd Yay (who played awful) which triggered his saltiness and my ultimate demise lol. What???Order of operations?? Pool strats, gotem.

Doll was really apprehensive about making eye contact Saturday night (the day of the incident). I told Doll I wasn't mad at him Sunday morning and told him people were debating ethics on smashboards. Waiting for shuttle after tourny Monday, he came up to me and apologized some more. I'm going to learn how to really move, and things will change.

A Cool Story Bro:
I kept thinking it'd be hilarious if someone Husband-raged, slammed a table, and yelled "FKKN LUIGI" while the immediate background showed a victory screen of Luigi doing his worm victory dance. I rehearsed this scenario about 34 times in my head Saturday. I became obsessed with Luigi. I adopted the persona of a confident low-tier main (a pink luigi main aka "The Vulture") who was overly introspective by inflating incredibly miniscule and miscellaneous details during a match. Walking around the venue, "The Vulture" wistfully searches for an opponent who could offer him the most invigorating match. He discovers facets of "Truth"/meaning of life by trying to win against the odds. Upon finding an opponent compatible for his needs, he walks up to them DURING their match. Inevitably, "The Vulture"'s victim would sense his bloodlusting chakra, and turn around only to be confronted by a rigid face and dead stare.

A demand:

"Money match my Luigi."

So then

me, Pr0ject, Raistlin, Laijin, and 4 randoms trolled m2k while he was playing friendlies....sequentially DEMANDING him to moneymatch our Luigi with a stone-cold face, but bailing (via "need to get my controller") if ever forced. We also wanted to surround his immediate environment with Luigi dittos (not FFA because Luigi is serious), spamming imperfect wavedashes (air-dodge included). Laijin was like the 7th person to ask him within 2 hours, and m2k said "You trollin' me, bro?"

END OF COOL STORY

Edit: m2k did not realize it was 8 different people asking him, because he got irritated at fresh faces
This was an amazing post

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I've been playing melee for more than 4 years and i'm not bored any bit
since i'm kinda bored of ganon
Not trying to be the ******* that quotes you from a different thread in a different context 3 weeks ago, but I guess I kinda am being that guy. Sounds like you need some project m time. Also, every time I've gone out of state/to a national/regional my story has been 1-2 sets with everyone, so I understand your frustration.
Shroomed is ****ing good man, I was surprised to see. His videos do NOT do him justice.
One major classification of (good) players is into those who make themselves look good and those who make their opponent look bad. Shruumed falls into the latter.
COOLSTORYBRO
rofl, very cool indeed.
Also I'd be happy to play serious with y'all during fests, though I'm very bipolar to this game recently (aka "omg i'm terrible i've never been good at all how was i ever on the pr what a joke"/"i think if i just work a little longer on improving i'll finally break through.")

For those disatisfied/frustrated take a few weeks off and play project m. It's relaxing because it's not super cereal yet and you can play on stages that looks ok but we all know will eventually be banned (SSE:Jungle)

Oh and speaking of playing during fests, I may be back in the SE/FL/Gainesville permanently in another month or two. Miss you homos.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
That IS bracket manipulation and you had the right to get the TO to do something about it.
people throw pools matches whenever they have someone they know in their pool. it's just one of those things, i don't think it's a problem. you can't really ban forfeiting matches, sometimes people just don't feel like trying anymore.

Linguini

Smash Master
Not trying to be the ******* that quotes you from a different thread in a different context 3 weeks ago, but I guess I kinda am being that guy. Sounds like you need some project m time. Also, every time I've gone out of state/to a national/regional my story has been 1-2 sets with everyone, so I understand your frustration.
lol if you read that post more closely it says i'm not bored with the game , which i'm not. I stated I was bored of a character. L2......sigh I don't even want to talk **** to you thomas :cool:

It really has nothing to do with losing frustration tbh, the players I lost to were playing leagues better than me and deserved their wins. At no point in the tournament(except for like the 5 min. after I lost) was I salty about not making it out of round 3.

I don't have the dedication to maintain my status as a high-caliber player anymore, thus I will be taking this game much less seriously.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
sweet thomas might be coming back. :D

Edit: Linguini, how much u gonna charge for me to space jam ur gannon skills.. since u wont be using them as seriously anymore ;)

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
it never happened. i was playin so many ppl kinda forgot lol. i wanna go to genesis 2 tho. so i could do it there. Shroomed is really good tho.... he beat colin.... :(

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Hey guys theres a melee tourny hosted by gatorlan at 6 PM Sunday night at I LOVE NY PIZZA/Pizza amore.
1st place is capped at $50
$5 buy-in, double elim, pre-pound 4 tourny ruleset (cuz striking is complicating)
We're hoping to get 32 people. Theyre tabling tomorrow at reitz.

Business Ethics: Sandbag/not enter and let a newbie win so gatorlan gets returning consumers.

or...we could have out own in-house pro tourny for $2 on one setup

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey guys theres a melee tourny hosted by gatorlan at 6 PM Sunday night at I LOVE NY PIZZA/Pizza amore.
1st place is capped at $50
$5 buy-in, double elim, pre-pound 4 tourny ruleset (cuz striking is complicating)
We're hoping to get 32 people. Theyre tabling tomorrow at reitz.

Business Ethics: Sandbag/not enter and let a newbie win so gatorlan gets returning consumers.

or...we could have out own in-house pro tourny for $2 on one setup
Are you going luigi this tournament!?

Top Bottom