• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
did you guys know Ganon's full name is Ganondorf Dragmire?

(Yeah it might be getting cOLD in here I donno.)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ganon's full name is also non-canon.

...sorry SNO, I couldn't help but be a know it all a** right then.
I thought it said in the instruction manual of Zelda:Lttp.... correct me if im wrong. o_O

Gleam

Smash Ace
The Dragmire reference doesn't appear in the actual Japanese version of the game, only I believe in the Americanized version of the manuscript.

Ganondorf Dragmire sounds badass enough though, so I'd accept it anyways.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
..............?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWMaMrIcgyc

pause at 1:13 and 1:16

could never tell... is that a mustache or suppose to be like his mouth? You know how those N64 graphics can be. Like I know it's 7 years in advance did Dorf forget to shave or something? e_e;

Want to know what you guys think... this sorta stumped me since I was a kid...

Gleam

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure its just his mouth distorted with N64's great graphics.

However this is a young Ganondorf.

Probably started shooting lighting out of his stash, before he started shooting it out of his beard.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm pretty sure its just his mouth distorted with N64's great graphics.

However this is a young Ganondorf.

Probably started shooting lighting out of his stash, before he started shooting it out of his beard.
lol ok. It really confused me when I was little...:confused:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Aww,
if our signature pokay-man is Nidoking I'll have to stop using Paras.

And I love Paras.

With all my putrefied soul.

:046: Just look at that face.

I wish Dragmire could be canonized. Or Mandrag. Shame that Mandrag has a less-than-ominous interpretation though. To me it sounds badass, but I probably give it an accent that Americans just aren't disposed to.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Aww,
if our signature pokay-man is Nidoking I'll have to stop using Paras.

And I love Paras.

With all my putrefied soul.

:046: Just look at that face.

I wish Dragmire could be canonized. Or Mandrag. Shame that Mandrag has a less-than-ominous interpretation though. To me it sounds badass, but I probably give it an accent that Americans just aren't disposed to.
Mandrag sounds like what the name of a deranged transexual would be.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
So I love how there's a blog about each board having a signature Pokemon (don't worry, we got Nidoking lol)

I'm just sad that the Dedede's got Snorlax- Idc I'm not dumping him in my sig! I guess I have to pick up King Dedede haha :p

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So I love how there's a blog about each board having a signature Pokemon (don't worry, we got Nidoking lol)

I'm just sad that the Dedede's got Snorlax- Idc I'm not dumping him in my sig! I guess I have to pick up King Dedede haha :p

You know what. . . The perfect one for D3 would be Slaking ;}
Just think about when D3 lies on the ground like that.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I realized that an ALL OUT RECKLESS DAIR (with no hope of recovering) can be more effective than a Aerudo.
If your % is a lot higher than your opponent's - Bring them down with you to hell !

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
So me and my buddies have decide to throw an unoffical, mini-tournament tomorrow at my buddies place :) (it's nothing huge so it's not going in the tourney page)

About 14 kids, nothing too big I can take them with Ganon. The only guy I may have trouble with is this guy Winter, who uses Wario/Olimar. He's beat me before but I'ma gonna win this time :chuckle:. Buy-in is 5 bucks a person. Let's go Ganny.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol so much pokemon talk. Makes me wanna shoddy again. Nidoking makes sense for the King of Evil. Poison and ground both compliment his style in a way. Poison because he is evil and ground because he is ground based.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Either you're not a girl (since this IS the internet), or you don't main Ganon.

I'll vouch for both.

:031:
Noob why do you like to troll me? **** is getting old, and you're getting predictible. :ohwell:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Girls are not manly enough to main Ganon.

I'm kidding btw, SNO. You're manly enough. wut
lawl:embarrass:urg::lick:;)

Seriously tho if I didn't have that pink Ganondorf texture hack I may not of picked him up.:chuckle:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So... like... Is Ganondorf your #1 character, or is he your 2nd / 3rd?
He is my 2nd or third, but I'm going to use him more than Jigglypuff, who is now the character who I care the least about. It's like what's worse, not being able to kill (Jigglypuff) or not being able to approach (Ganondorf) I like killing, so I'm going Dorf. As of now my Kirby is my #1 character, as I haven't used Meta knight in months.

TP

Smash Master
Wow, another girl who mains Kirby. What a shock. -_-

Seriously, is there any female smasher who does not main Kirby?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hiiiii. - How is that appealing?
Actually, I originaly hated Kirby. I ***** so hard at Smash64 back in the day as Jigglypuff. I went to a Smash64 tourny at this church with this one guy I knew from school(Uh does that make sense... a fighting game in the house of God?) and no one took me seriously. But they were all like, "Is he your boy friend..?" I'm like... "no..." Then they'll be like "Wanna go out?" And I'll be like "NO!" lol.

But anyways I told them I was going Puff and they all laughed at me. They were all a bunch of Pikachu Ness and Kirby users. Joke was on them because I destroyed everyone until I hit the grand finals. It was against a Kirby user and I was a little nervous as many people were watching. On the first match, I day dreamed for a second and was killed by the stone and lost. It really... REALLY hurt my pride. I was so pissed, I went ape**** on the next round and 4 stocked him. He johned and said "next time, I won't go so easy on you..." and I was like "k." I beat him again and won the tourny. Everyone was so stunned, but it made me angry that everyone underestimated me because of my gender.:ohwell:

But yea... losing to Kirby's stone that one time made me hate him so much. I never imagined I would ever play as him because I love puff so much... but she got nerfed so hard and has no ground game. I blame Sakurai.:mad:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Actually, I originaly hated Kirby. I ***** so hard at Smash64 back in the day as Jigglypuff. I went to a Smash64 tourny at this church with this one guy I knew from school(Uh does that make sense... a fighting game in the house of God?) and no one took me seriously. But they were all like, "Is he your boy friend..?" I'm like... "no..." Then they'll be like "Wanna go out?" And I'll be like "NO!" lol.

But anyways I told them I was going Puff and they all laughed at me. They were all a bunch of Pikachu Ness and Kirby users. Joke was on them because I destroyed everyone until I hit the grand finals. It was against a Kirby user and I was a little nervous as many people were watching. On the first match, I day dreamed for a second and was killed by the stone and lost. It really... REALLY hurt my pride. I was so pissed, I went ape**** on the next round and 4 stocked him. He johned and said "next time, I won't go so easy on you..." and I was like "k." I beat him again and won the tourny. Everyone was so stunned, but it made me angry that everyone underestimated me because of my gender.:ohwell:

But yea... losing to Kirby's stone that one time made me hate him so much. I never imagined I would ever play as him because I love puff so much... but she got nerfed so hard and has no ground game. I blame Sakurai.:mad:
So you hate Kirby, but you're playing as him because Jigglypuff's been nerfed.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Jigglypuff wasn't even that bad in Ssb, she was sixth out of twelve from what I remember.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So you hate Kirby, but you're playing as him because Jigglypuff's been nerfed.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Jigglypuff wasn't even that bad in Ssb, she was sixth out of twelve from what I remember.
I don't hate him anymore... it's Jigglypuff who I hate now. :( She feels so limited. Even Ganondorf has a ground game.:urg: I play Kirby because he reminds me of SSB64. And Jigglypuff was amazing in SSB64, I'm surprised why she is only 6. If you mastered her d-air it could do up to 30% damage total. Her grabs killed, f-smash came out quickly, she could combo off the terrain in Hyrule Castle which was the stage we used mostly in the tourny and d-air to u-smash or d-air to rest was too good. Also if you missed a rest the worst thing that would happen to you is you would eat a f-smash (or Falcon punch). No one would agree with me on this but Jigglypuff was better than her Melee counterpart imo.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

My friend mains Pit!

Ganondorf feels like the most limited character to me. 3 useless moves, forced to approach, repeated tech chases, and barely any true combos.

It's basically, run up, avoid the interference and attack your opponent, then get shielded and punished. Then you know that won't work, so you run up, avoid the interference again, retreat with SH Dairs, trick the opponent, then attack. If the opponent's dumb enough, they get hit, otherwise it's another punish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom