• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ganondorf feels like the most limited character to me. 3 useless moves, forced to approach, repeated tech chases, and barely any true combos.

It's basically, run up, avoid the interference and attack your opponent, then get shielded and punished. Then you know that won't work, so you run up, avoid the interference again, retreat with SH Dairs, trick the opponent, then attack. If the opponent's dumb enough, they get hit, otherwise it's another punish.
3 useless moves?

Jigglypuff's sing, d-tilt, d-smash, no actually I'm going to say ALL her smashes because they all have start up frames giving her **** priority says hi. Rest is useless imo because it has no true combos unless d-air trips and it's been nerfed and really isn't worth the risk now. Ganondorf is limited, but having a ground game is like a fresh breath of air to me.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
No, I quoted you because it r haz the Nidoking.

@Sno: Jigglypuff has a variety of aerial options.

@Z1gma: I don't know? His tongue?
yes... aerial options is all she has and that in itself is flawed. F-air is a killing move, so you're pretty much stuck with b, d, and n-air and pound. F-air is flawed as hell because it requires a sweetspot, and if you screw it up good job, now it's staled. I was recently talking about how terrible she is under the "Jigglypuff can't kill. What?" thread under the puff boards.:urg:

and lol @ the MTG card.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
@Z1gma: I don't know? His tongue?
No, that's what I said I use for quicker/longer Dash Dancing, a few weeks ago. Remember?

Anyways, it's clearly not as fast as Kosk's "method" ... I really wonder how he does it ;\

BTW.. That Nidoking card is a Magic-card, right? I'm not much into that type of card games, except for Yugioh ;} (Played it a few years ago)

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Ohh crap that nidoking is mad good! 4 for a 5/4 trample. Thats beast.

TP

Smash Master
I do play Magic.

SNO, Jiggs' smashes are not worthless. Well, Dsmash is. Fsmash is a great kill move if you find an opening for it. Usmash is a great surprise attack thanks to Jiggs having a great DACUS.

:034:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I do play Magic.

SNO, Jiggs' smashes are not worthless. Well, Dsmash is. Fsmash is a great kill move if you find an opening for it. Usmash is a great surprise attack thanks to Jiggs having a great DACUS.

Yea im being a little harsh (except for d-smash) but f-smash and dacus aren't reliable. They're situational.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Hey, I played Magic awhile ago. A nice Swamp and Island deck :)

But anyway, I'm on my buddies computer taking a break from the tourney. Here's the breakdown:

I placed 3rd with mah Ganny. I'd sub in sheik for a few Ganon impossible matches but it was with Sheik I lost. Like I thought what would happen, my friend's Wario/Olimar killed me. We played in the semi-finals (I know I could beat the kid who got second but eh, what can you do?).

I won my money back. First got $40 and second $25.

Rankings:
1st. Wario/Olimar
2nd. Wolf/Donkey Kong
3rd. Ganondorf/Sheik :034:
4th. Marth/Ike
5th. Meta Knight/Link
6th. Kirby/Pikachu
7th. Ike/Falco
8th. Mario/Mr. Game & Watch
9th. Toon Link/Meta Knight
10th. Toon Link/Bowser
11th. Ike/Pit
12th. Wario/Diddy Kong
13th. ZSS/Zelda
14th. Luigi/R.O.B.

There's a lot of skill levels varying with my friends. There's some that are great, and some who are sucky haha. Next up is doubles (I'm paring with the 9th placed guy), then, by request of me: LOW-TIER Tournament :).

Oh yeah, the reason why I haven't posted this in like the tournament pages, very simply, this is an unorganized, unofficial tournament. This is just something we decided to throw. I don't think any of these guys have accounts here so why bother? lol.

Alrighty, Wish my luck!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We should try N see who can make the best Ganon-celebrity-lookalike-pic

Like this but with Ganondorf.

This is our official spam thread after all . .

Smash Hero

But anyway, I'm on my buddies computer taking a break from the tourney. Here's the breakdown:

I placed 3rd with mah Ganny. I'd sub in sheik for a few Ganon impossible matches but it was with Sheik I lost. Like I thought what would happen, my friend's Wario/Olimar killed me. We played in the semi-finals (I know I could beat the kid who got second but eh, what can you do?).

Rankings:
1st. Wario/Olimar
2nd. Wolf/Donkey Kong
4th. Marth/Ike
5th. Meta Knight/Link
6th. Kirby/Pikachu
7th. Ike/Falco
10th. Toon Link/Bowser
11th. Ike/Pit
12th. Wario/Diddy Kong
13th. ZSS/Zelda
14th. Luigi/R.O.B.

There's a lot of skill levels varying with my friends. There's some that are great, and some who are sucky haha. Next up is doubles (I'm paring with the 9th placed guy), then, by request of me: LOW-TIER Tournament :).

Oh yeah, the reason why I haven't posted this in like the tournament pages, very simply, this is an unorganized, unofficial tournament. This is just something we decided to throw. I don't think any of these guys have accounts here so why bother? lol.

Alrighty, Wish my luck!
Good stuff anyway, even if this wasn't a big tourney.

I play Magic with my green-white-red Smashy deck (Woolly Thoctar!) or blue-white-black Thopter token and artifacts deck. I also have a removal black and red deck but that's more for multiplayer.

Green is by far my favorite color, though. Get a big monster and smash some *****es. Sound familiar?

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Yo FD thats precisely what my forest deck is. A heavy hitters. It has a lot of cards like llandwar elves that get me more mana, then a lot of huge cards. Biggest is 11 for an 11/11 industrucable [Darksteel Colossus], as well as some thorn elementals, and primeval force. My blue deck is sky slam, aka a counter deck with all the creatures flying.

My friend has a exalted deck that is so beast. He once overkilled me by 110.

Smash Hero
I don't have a lot of different cards yet (have only been playing since Alara Reborn, so I'm practically brand new to the game), but my green deck is mostly 'get about 3 creatures with 5/5 on the field, give them trample with Mosstodon and start ******'

Artifacts is about either 'get flying thopter tokens with Sharding Sphinx or Thopter Foundry' or 'use Glassdust Hulk and Thopter Foundry for unblockable damage', goes either way

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Rankings:
1st. Wario/Olimar
2nd. Wolf/Donkey Kong
4th. Marth/Ike
5th. Meta Knight/Link
6th. Kirby/Pikachu
7th. Ike/Falco
10th. Toon Link/Bowser
11th. Ike/Pit
12th. Wario/Diddy Kong
13th. ZSS/Zelda
14th. Luigi/R.O.B.

Alrighty, Wish my luck!
All the participants used a secondary?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
@ Dutchman: Nice **** man, I'd love to get back into Magic but I've been out of it for too long :(. Blue was my favorite, many counters and spells to throw out :)

@ Kalm: I helped out organize the tourney and my buddy wanted to see how people are with limitations. So we made the rule of only using two characters each player (his idea idc cause I just stick with Sheik and Ganon anyways). It was interesting cause many of the people liked using more than 2 characters. Nevertheless it was a fun-filled day.

Here's the summary of the rest of the tourney:

Doulbes: The teammate I was to play with decided not to play (wtf). And noone else wanted to spend the money on Doubles. The Wario/Olimar/Idon't like him (lol) dude, his team won. I totally forgot to bring the sheet with the final results with me when typing this, my bad :(

Now onto the Low-Tier Tournament: The rules were you can use one low-teir only (from D-Tier to F-Tier) character (just to speed things up). The And the results.......I AM WINNER :chuckle:

1. Ganondorf :034:
2. Ike
3. Captain Falcon
4. Mario
5. Pokemon Trainer
6. Captain Falcon
7. Ike
8. Link
9. Samus
10. Captain Falcon
11. Captain Falcon

(People love Captain Falcon haha)

We only charged $2 for this tourney. 3rd got her money back, 2nd got $6, and I got $14 :)

Anyways I'm happy. Fun day indeed. Maybe next time because of this sucess I can actually officialize this? Or would I need more people attending? I don't know much about official tournament directing lol.

TP

Smash Master
Good stuff anyway, even if this wasn't a big tourney.

I play Magic with my green-white-red Smashy deck (Woolly Thoctar!) or blue-white-black Thopter token and artifacts deck. I also have a removal black and red deck but that's more for multiplayer.

Green is by far my favorite color, though. Get a big monster and smash some *****es. Sound familiar?

Are you kidding me? Woolly Thoctar is the keystone of my entire deck! I have four of them in there and me whole strategy is based around them. I love big smashy guys!

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
My friends deck, 5 or great, has a lot of woolly's as well as cards like titanic ultimatium. Beast deck really.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This card shames Ganon in its mediocrity. >:-(

Ganondorf, King of Evil 1BBB
Legendary Creature - Gerudo Wizard
Frenzy 2
{1}{B}: Prevent all damage Ganondorf, King of Evil would deal this turn except to target creature. Whenever Ganondorf deals damage to that creature this turn, tap that creature and put a choke counter on it.
Whenever a creature with a choke counter on it becomes untapped, Ganondorf deals 1 damage to it. Remove all choke counters from it.
3/4

Or

Ganondorf, King of Evil 2BBB
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
{B}{B}, {T}: Remove Ganondorf, King of Evil from the game. If you do, gain control of target tapped creature. It gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life." When that creature is put into a graveyard or when you lose control of it, return Ganondorf to play under your control.
4/3

TP Ganon's race is kind of ambiguous...

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Magic the gathering. Its a card game

Meh the second one isn't that great. But still they are believable. If I were to make one it would be outragous . Like pay 2(B) Enter a second combat phase.

No it isnt by the way

Plus that pokemon is gay

TP

Smash Master
Guys, any Ganon card should have Persist and "As long as this card has a -1/-1 counter on it, it becomes a 7/7 Beast and has Trample." It makes perfect sense. And his type should be Gerudo Warlock.

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Godly/perfect/epic

the protection from everything is kinda too much but idk

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
That might be the sexiest card I've ever seen. If that was in the game I'd play Magic again haha.

Just a thought, would Ganon just be a black card? I can see him being a mix between Red and Black but you know what nevermind lol, that card is still lovely :)

Now make a new Nidoking card to match that Ganny and I'll be happy haha

:032: --> :033: --> :034:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom