• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Garde's Link Guide

Bluchuu

Smash Cadet
hey philly if it makes you feel any better you can fight my Link and pretend it is garde's Link. :D

Garde

Smash Ace
LOL Bluchuu, I didn't get to play your Link, but you probably could play Link at least as good as I can. Remember "Daddy! Come and save MEEEE!!!" Man, that was pretty funny, Wes and Mike vs. us as YLink and Link. Remember that awesome up+B rapid A technique we accidentally did? That was pretty funny, it was something like 15 hits and it seemed to slow down your up+B and hold Wes or Mike in it for a while longer than usual. Bluchuu, if you did immitate my Link, make sure to not WD or L-Cancel too often, and roll a lot, that way he can get an accurate picture of what my Link plays like. I trained for 6 hours yesterday in practice mode to touch up on my WDing skills, and I think I'm getting a lot better at it, but I still can't get close to Wave Dancing...

phillybilly, don't worry about it, I doubt you missed out on anything spectacular, I wasn't really a challenge for the DA members present, so if you're on equal footing with them, you would've creamed me too. I really wanted to see Dave's blaster hopping though, and I would like to see a skilled Marth as well. The best Marth I've ever seen in real life is myself, and I know I suck really bad, so seeing a good Marth play would've been cool, I probably would've learned something from you playing as well.

Trebor, I agree with you. Link is like a Saiyan, able to always find a stage beyond the current one (like ss1, ss2, ss3, and ss4). Unfortunately, in order to unlock all of his hidden potential means to play like no one's ever seen before. He definitely has a different style than anyone else that I've played, but it's the style I'm the most fond of, and if I take a break from playing as Link, I'll always find myself returning to Hero of Time before too much time has passed. It's fun to play as other characters every once in a while, but Link is the character for me.

Blaine has to come and post about my guide some time soon, he's better than me, so he should at least give some pointers where I went wrong or something. He should give some advice and tips according to how he plays. Bluchuu or phillybilly, tell him to post here, ok?

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
Link is like a Saiyan, able to always find a stage beyond the current one (like ss1, ss2, ss3, and ss4).
I like that. I like that alot. I'm gonna make that my sig.

Honestly though, that's what I think of myself. If i get beat by a better player, it just makes me more determined get better, reaching new levels to beat my opponents.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Garde
Well guys, I can say a few things for sure. I've learned many things since I wrote this guide, and I can tell you one thing's for sure. I was definitely right about learning WDing, even if Link's is crap. I just played against X Japan, DA's Link, and he kicked my butt (along with blk-samus4life, bluchu, and Evil_Peach18). I was out in NYC and we played a little bit, and WDing makes a huge difference in playing. Also, edge guarding with Link IS difficult, and I can tell you that using a sex kick against Samus will most likely not KO her if she can bomb jump (something I hadn't really seen used well until blk-samus4life used it).

Back to WDing though. The DA crew (or at least the members I played) used WDing a lot, I can definitely say that they have mastered it, because they were Wave-Dancing with each of their characters when they'd KO me (without messing up once). Shield grabbing with Link is very hard to do against the upper tier characters, and WDing backwards into a forward smash is much more effective. Also, stay on your toes, you never know when someone (blk-samus4life) will catch it and throw it right back in your face, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't mean to be giving away secrets, but after playing them, I've realized that I have a lot of work to do before I can even consider myself good at using Link. Where they were masters at L-Cancelling and WDing, I still mess up on them often, and their timing and mastery of character specific tricks puts them several levels above me in skill. WDing works, it's much better than rolling away from an opponent. While rolling leaves you open against fast characters, WDing doesn't. You aren't stunned while WDing, but you are when you roll. WDing doesn't get you as far, so you need to compensate, or WD twice (the DA crew can Wave-Dance for heaven's sake, learning how to WD twice in one direction is not hard, I can do that). You travel around the same speed, except you're not left paralyzed like in a roll. I know this sort of came out of nowhere, but I couldn't really think of a more suitable thread to post it in than in my Link Guide since it's still concerning stuff I learned about Link, and that I think others should know. Oh yeah, I gotta thank the DA crew for playing me, sorry I wasn't more of a challenge, but I hope that by next TG (which I will hopefully make it to) I'll be a lot better, maybe near your guys' level of skill. Thanks for teaching me some cool stuff.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I gotta say that you can use the hookshot AFTER you air dodge, but only for a limited time, I've always used during my air dodge, but I noticed X Japan using it afterwards, and I asked him about it, thanks for that little bit of info X Japan. Oh yeah, using your hookshot while in the air can also be useful, but it depends on the situation. It should be used while Air Dodging to avoid an attack and while the opponent is at a medium amount of %, so that the opponent won't recover instantly and smack you (like Luigi can). I'm not sure if it can be L-Cancelled, but I'm gonna check after I finish typing this post.

X Japan, if you read this, remember what we both said, "If only Link had a wall jump." Also, thanks for playing against me, it was awesome to see a **** good Link, and well, I liked it when you beat Bluchu also, it's good to see Link win. Oh yeah, I learned from watching you to grab bombs that opponents shield away and throw them again, thanks for that, it's really helped me.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom, you can use anything from my guide, just as long as I get credit. The whole point of my guide is to help people, whether it be learning Link, or writing a guide ;) .

what up.
i had fun fighting u.its fun to fight other Link user since there's not that many good Link users here in NY expect Wes and Mike.right now i can't say i've mastered Link since their's so many things to him that no one does or no one know's about and right now i'm still learning with him, but its good to hear that my Link is good since i don't get much rescept for it(mainly because i haven't been to that many tourneys).

it's also good to hear that u took some of my moves, but remember this if we ever meet again and fight and u try to use my moves against me.it won't work since i created those tactics and know my way around it :chuckle: :chuckle: (just J/King but also true).also even though i showed u those moves.what i showed u was the door to Link.its up to u too learn more of what Link can do.as my brother says

"A true master only shows 85% of the style to his
students.the other 15%, the student must come
up on his own by using the tools his master gave
him.
A master should only show the door to his student.
its up to the student to walk through the door or
not."

-X Japan's older brother

as i said before i'm still learning with Link.i'm not saying the best Link in the world and its not my place to, so i'll just say i'm just good and also since i'm still learning with him i can't really give any tactics with him since i've still haven't perfected him yet and most of the tactics i use is hard to explain.its better to see it in action :D.anyway if anyone wants to talk just AIM ok.

SN: RC Char Aznable

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'M THE NUMBER 1 LINK PLAY IN THE WORLD YES WOOHOOOO!!!!!
hehe had to get that out of my system :).

ScavMF: Kenshin's funny, because
in person and online he floats in and out of the conversation,
and then leaps in yelling when he thinks his dominance has been threatened ^_^

hehe BEST QUOTE EVER hehe. Thats scavenger of the smashboards forum hehe.

On the subject of WDing, I believe its better used in the split second to avoid an attack, not for moving around or such. WDing with link is like a fat man trying to go on a deit while still eating loads of twinkies....its not really useful :). It does have potential though. Its saved my life everytime I've used it...but its really rare that I do use it. Its a tool box for me...use it when I have to, not over abuse it to where people know its part of my game....this way I have an edge over the opponent.

But yeah...wding is cool and all...but practicing it in training and using it in battle is 2 different things. Thats why I question almost everyone that says...I practiced a lot....well again....thats when you were calm...when your in the heat of battle..your body works faster and you become more agitated...so the best way to learn anything is in SMASHING hehe....well those are my 2 cents....hurry up and shoot me down garde....THIS IS YOUR GUIDE DEFEND IT :)

Garde

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm gonna defend my guide Kenshin. I don't recommend going into training mode and getting all confident because you can pull things off while without competition, but I do believe going into training mode sets up the base for what you want to learn. If you can't WD at all, you need to start somewhere, preferably somewhere where people won't be attacking you every chance they get. I also let my brother play against me in practice mode while I was WDing, so it's not like I was just WDing the whole time and now I think I'm a lot better, I was actually playing against him, but I had been practicing my WDing to get better at it before.

X Japan, good to see you post here, and I do believe what you say and your older brother says is true. I've not only started incorporating your tactics into my game, but I've developed upon them so that I can anticipate several more instances in case what I've become accustomed to doesn't happen from what I saw you using, although I haven't mastered them, I still need to work on that part, but I know I can do a lot more things now than what I had been doing when I played you guys.

Kenshin, your view on WDing is according to your style of play, like I had said at the beginning of my guide, what I post is according to my style, and it won't necessarily work for everyone. WDing to me is very useful, and although it may not be as good as many others, he still can use it very effectively. After seeing X Japan use it the way he does, I believe in getting WDing down and using in place of Link's not so good roll (in many cases, it's not good to use, and WDing would end up being better). And like I said before, I was using it against my brother, who's near my level, but not quite. I was able to use certain tactics I developed from X Japan's style with a 100% success rate, although that's still playing against an opponent who I'm comfortable around since I play him more than anyone else. Against outside competition, I'm not sure how well I'd do, I was nervous when I faced the DA and made a lot of mistakes that cost me several stock in some of the matches. Like the DA said, I need more outside competition before I can truely get better, and that's going to keep me set back for a while, but until then, I need to stick to training mode and playing against my brother.

X Japan

Smash Lord
this is what i have to say on the whole thing.

to do WD or not is depending on your type of playing style of Link.i do it becuz i feel comfortable doing that than rolling sometimes or to look cool, cuz thats part of my style.most of the Link players i've played against only spamed 1 moved and call it a day, cuz thats their style.but i can't say that i learned everything by myself cuz i didn't.i learned from fight Mike,Ant(Bluchu),and Wes's characters and their version of Link and they learned some stuff from me.having Garde saying he learned from me is not really all true.he really learn from all 4 of us.

all in all.everything really comes down to is ur fighting exp. and what u learned from those exp..from my figthing exp. just made me come down to using everything that Link has.no matter how ppl think about a ****ty move Link has.it was put in the game so i like to think it has a cause in battle.even WDing.

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
Like in the WD'ing topic, i think wavedashing is essential for all the characters. Even with Link. I WD all the time with Link. It's too bad i haven't fought any of these Link players with a name to themselves, i want a reputation too! :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Well, Wes bluch and I didnt really tell X japan anything really. We just showed him our link strats for fighting our main characters and stuff like that. Everything else came from X Ja's head.

Like how to get a ness from 0% to 80% in 10 secs....lol sorry bluchu

TopVideoGamer

Smash Journeyman
Great guide Grade (this shall here after be refered to as GgG o.O) Not really much I can think to add at this time. I'm always glad to see someone willing to dedicate their time to studying something as indepth as this, especially Link ^_^

I'd write a guide myself but A: Don't consider myself good enough even if I know what I'm talking about B: Am writing another guide and C: Need to get back my groove after not playing for over a month and a half >.> I swear I erased some of my SSBM knowlege.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Hey Garde, if you want to see that Venom thing I was talking about, just add the screen name "BrooceLeroi" to your list, and use get file to get it from me. I'll add anything else you need me to show you at all.

*anyone who wants to can take a look at it, not just Garde*

Garde

Smash Ace
I might be able to host a few vids that I made. Not sure when they'll be ready for the public, I need to get the A/V cable from my friend, and I think I should be able to get the cable from him today, then I need my brother to hook the VCR up to his video card (since mine doesn't have an A/V input). This process has taken a long time, and I only have vids of my Link vs. his Roy, but maybe you'll learn something from my vids. I still haven't really implemented WDing into my actual play, and I still roll, although not as much as I used to (I can still get away with it since my brother isn't at the same skill level as the DA Crew). Thanks Kubuu, I'll be sure to get it sometime, but my AIM doesn't work at home cuz I'm stuck with AOL (and it won't let my AIM work correctly), so yeah... Next time I go to a friend's place with my computer, I'll be sure to get it.

TopVideoGamer, my name is Garde, not Grade.... I don't know if it was a typo or not, but just for future notice... Anyways, thanks for the review and giving it the GgG. I'm glad you liked it, when I get posts like this, it makes me feel like the time I put into making the guide was worth it.

strawberrylover

Smash Cadet
hey wassup, this is the link from nj's code red. played kubuu at the last nj tourney, and i know code red's very own steve (sheik player) played X japan at the last bin.

ive also had the pleasure of playing wes and mike, and yea its a learning experience. i agree that wd'ing can be very helpful. a backward wd into a forward smash can be devastating against people who rely too much on aerial attacks. you probably already know this, but you can extend link's (and anyone else's) wd by tilting the control stick between the bottom diagonal and horizontal, at about 22 degrees below the horizontal. this, into link's forward smash, can counter aerials if your opponent isnt expecting it. also, if you think your opponent is gonna roll, such as when theyre hanging on the ledge, wd back into smash, or up-b. theres plenty of uses, but link x japan said, it all depends on your style, everyone plays differently.

and i agree with what x japan said about looking cool. when you get to higher levels of play, mind games affect the outcome of the game a lot more, and seeing someone wd effectively can affect someone's confidence, concentration, etc. because of this, "looking cool" is as valid as any other strategy.

yea, check out kubuu's trick on venom. he showed me it at the last nj tourney, and heh, it could get venom/link banned like fourside/peach or temple/fox if anyone could ever do it consistently. actually, its not that game-breaking, but it looks pretty cool. thanks kubuu

oh, and garde, about what you said by getting into the grapple beam's way, if i understand you correctly, it wouldnt work, coz the beam goes through people. there are other ways, like jumping into bombs.

hey x japan, we have to play sometime. :D

X Japan

Smash Lord
wow i didn't know this many ppl was going to agree with me on WDing.anyway i have no problem playing u Strawberry.i still need to work on my mirror match problem, but i'll still play u.just hit me up on AIM SN:RC Char Aznable.to try to set a time and place to play.ok

TopVideoGamer

Smash Journeyman
Er... Sorry Garde, that just proves that I don't take enough care when reading. I actually thought your name was Grade. I appreciate the fact that you'd correct me though instead of call me the moron that I am ^_^

And, yes, wave dashing is an incredible asset to any character (or maybe most characters) and this includes Link. His is just enough to avoid an attack and follow up with his own or even a grab. That's about the limit of it though.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by TopVideoGamer

And, yes, wave dashing is an incredible asset to any character (or maybe most characters) and this includes Link. His is just enough to avoid an attack and follow up with his own or even a grab. That's about the limit of it though.

that's what u think.if there's a will there's a way.

Garde

Smash Ace
It may be hard to do, and it won't always work, but WDing with Link is something that you should at least learn. If you have it down, you can at least use it in place of his roll and catch your opponent off guard every once in a while. Just practice practice practice in practice mode until you get it down where you don't make mistakes. Then go play against some humans and use it against them (not too much though!). If it works then, then you should have no trouble with it ever (except for the occassional slip up). You can't just disregard WDing because Link's doesn't get that much distance, because that's not entirely true. It can get very little distance, but it can also get just as much or close to the distance of Marth's "medium" WDes if you press the right direction on the control stick (I can only do it going left at the moment, and right if I try really hard in practice mode, so not in 1v1 yet).

TopVideoGamer, everyone makes mistakes. I find it actually a little amusing more than anything else that you thought my name was Grade... hehe. I'm not really big on flaming or insulting people (at least online, I do enough of it in person to keep it away from online time :p ), I actually think it to be rather uncool to flame or be rude to people I don't know, so yeah...

News on the vids I was gonna post. Unfortunately, in order for me to convert them, I'll need to get an RCA adapter for the S-Video cable I'm borrowing from my friend, so things are getting a little complex at this point (I don't know why my friend wouldn't just make the vids in the first place, it took him 4 weeks of telling me he was working on them, then to tell me he wasn't going to do it afterall). Sorry about the big delay, I really wanted to get them posted ASAP, but whenever I do something that's important to me, it seems to get postponed :( . I'll try and get them up ASAP, and I'll update you on the progress of it all as well.

Strawberrylover, I've never tried it so I had no clue it would go through people. I know that Link's gets intercepted by people, so I assumed that Samus' did as well, I'll have to go check it out to be completely sure though.

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
One more reason Im glad to be a Link Player...
Of course Im the type of person that could give an hour long lecture on the Hookshot stuff, Cause its just fun...

Anyone else Use the 4th jump?

Garde

Smash Ace
There are actually better ways of recovering than the 4th jump you speak of (if it's the one I'm thinking of). If by 4th jump you mean letting a bomb explode while you're holding it, and then using the up+B again, there is a better way of recovering using the bombs that's been discussed in this thread already. I suggest looking for one of Kubuu's posts, that describes it, it's extremely useful, and I have learned how to use it, giving Link a much better recovery than he would have normally (although this can still be taken advantage of by many people, unlike Samus' bomb jumping). I'll describe it briefly, but Kubuu has a much better explanation. Basically, you pull out a bomb, (could be while you're flying over the great nothingness, or before you were sent away from the stage), throw it upwards and use the up+B so that the bomb explodes on the back of your head, pushing you forward AND giving you the ability to use the up+B again or hookshot (note you can only use the hookshot once while in the air, you need to land before you can use it again).

I personally like the hookshot over the up+B and will use it when I feel it's appropriate.

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
Garde, I couldn't agree more. I love using the Hookshot to get back, And yep Im speaking of Holding the bomb...Ive never been daring enough too try that throw it upwards...but what if the enemy jumps and blows up your bomb before you do? unless we are speaking of near the bottom of stages.

Anyway, even tho its correct term (I assume) is Bomb Canceling, I call it a 4th jump.

X Japan

Smash Lord
my way is to pull a bomb out and hold on to it when i'm at that point where one move can send me flying at 125-175% then when i'm flying off the bomb blows up and hook shot my way back.Kubuu's way is somewhat a shot in the dark.cuz

1)u can miss the bomb hitting u.

2)it takes time to do it and maybe by the time u pull out a bomb u already dead by falling.

3)someone could be smart and throw something at u or at the bomb.

and 4)someone can follow u out the stage and do a quick hit or spike u for a kill before u able to pull out a bomb.

my way is somewhat a 50/50 chance.Kubuu's way is a shot in the dark,but its a chance sometimes depending on what's going on is a good shot to take.

Garde

Smash Ace
X Japan, if the bomb you're holding isn't going to explode in time, you have a better chance by throwing it up and then using the up+B into it (it's not actually a shot in the dark, it's not too hard to do with a little practice), the only bad thing about it is that you can get the bomb intercepted or the person will follow you off the edge. The second of the two things that can go wrong can happen with your method also, though. You SHOULD already have a bomb out when you get hit off the edge, but you can still pull out a bomb while you're getting sent away as well. The whole thing is, if the bomb isn't going to explode like for the normal "4th Jump", you have at least slightly better odds by throwing the bomb up and using the up+B into it to get blasted forward, and still be able to use the up+B again (this can't be used in succession like Samus's bomb jump, unfortunately :( ). Also, chances of people intercepting the bomb with a projectile or themselves are pretty small, at least at this moment, since this tactic is not widely practiced, and I doubt many people are reading this far into the thread. So chances of someone intercepting the bomb are slim, since they'll just think you're being stupid and ruining your chances of using it as a recovery, then they'll see that you ARE using it as a recovery, but they probably won't think of a way to intercept it for a while...

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
well Garde, I love bomb strats.
At the tournament I went to, I was bomb crazy after the first time, It worked well I swear when I chucked that bomb to tha floor this little kid made a face about it, the next match i belive I got very annoying...My point is something that might already be known, but I find that Link's Bombs are one of his most vital tools. recovery, Damage, and timing are the key factors around those High explosives...the only bad thing is they can be used against you(oppenants can grab or destory them) and can cause a "Bomerman" Game plan to fail, people can catch on quick, just one more reason Link has 5 weapons (yeah Im counting his sword) and one extra bit of defence

TopVideoGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't seem to be as bomb happy as most of you. If I had to do this I'd be pulling the bomb out durring my trec back (which generally isn't too hard). I just really have a problem with actually having the bomb hit me as opposed to knocking it away...

Oh, and to Kenshin or Garde, whoever said it a ways back, Link doesn't have an "immunity" to his own bombs. What really happens is that he is only hit with the explosion, while the opponent is hit with the bomb and explosion (remember, bombs hit twice). Same overall concept, but whatever.

Garde

Smash Ace
Actually, they can hit more than twice, but that's very observant of you TopVideoGamer, I never really thought of it that way, but now that you've said that, it does make a lot more sense.

Oh yeah, I'm not too bomb happy, but when an opponent is far enough away from me, why not pull out a bomb? You're not doing anything better anyways, might as well have one ready just in case.

TopVideoGamer

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I'm not too bomb happy, but when an opponent is far enough away from me, why not pull out a bomb? You're not doing anything better anyways, might as well have one ready just in case.
That's because I'm boomerang happy ^_^ If your out of range for a smash, expect to see a boomerang wizzing at you. It's the fastest and strongest (unless you're going to count a charged arrow, but who'd fall for that?) projectile he has. As a bonus, he can put up to about 35 degrees of tilt on it. The only one that can get it beat in range of motion is the bomb, but I feel too limited while holding one.

And that's why I'm a boomerang addict in a nutshell :D

Garde

Smash Ace
I use my boomer arrows and bombs a lot, although my bombs are probably most used, cuz once they're out, they can be used faster than the other two projectiles.

Any posts I make today are probably going to be really short, and I apologize, but I'm in a really big rush, because there's a huge fire where I live, and it's spreading really quickly, so I might have to evacuate, I'm posting stuff right now just so you guys don't wonder "Hey, what ever happened to Garde?"

If I don't post for a while, my place probably got burned down... Hopefully that's not the case, but you never know, and life can definitely be unfair... Well, sorry this was really off topic, but I felt I should post it somewhere, and I guess it's appropriate cuz it has to deal with me. :(

Kenshin, I'm sorry if I don't defend my guide in case my place burns down. :(

Airiak-Baenre

Smash Cadet
very nice guide garde, worthy of the hero of time himself. its really cool that you got to play DA as well, and add that kind of experience to the table.

sorry about the fire thing, hope everything turns out okay.

X Japan

Smash Lord
X Japan, if the bomb you're holding isn't going to explode in time, you have a better chance by throwing it up and then using the up+B into it (it's not actually a shot in the dark, it's not too hard to do with a little practice), the only bad thing about it is that you can get the bomb intercepted or the person will follow you off the edge. The second of the two things that can go wrong can happen with your method also, though. You SHOULD already have a bomb out when you get hit off the edge, but you can still pull out a bomb while you're getting sent away as well. The whole thing is, if the bomb isn't going to explode like for the normal "4th Jump", you have at least slightly better odds by throwing the bomb up and using the up+B into it to get blasted forward, and still be able to use the up+B again (this can't be used in succession like Samus's bomb jump, unfortunately :( ). Also, chances of people intercepting the bomb with a projectile or themselves are pretty small, at least at this moment, since this tactic is not widely practiced, and I doubt many people are reading this far into the thread. So chances of someone intercepting the bomb are slim, since they'll just think you're being stupid and ruining your chances of using it as a recovery, then they'll see that you ARE using it as a recovery, but they probably won't think of a way to intercept it for a while...

u didn't get what i mean.if u not exp. with the tactic you going to miss and mess up and even through u may master the move in training mode u can mess up in a real battle cuz no their is more presser on u now than in training mode.plus if someone has a projectlie to throw like Peach or another Link at the bomb or u it can really f*ck u up in the battle.

i use both ways depending on the way,how far,how long the bomb take,and if i have a bomb in my hand when i was hit off the stage.

oh yea Garde i hope u got out ok man.thats some cluck up ****.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
I think each one of the tactics has its own merit, it just comes down to what situation you are in. I'm not saying anyone should rely only one either come back. That would be ridiculous. Put it like this; If you have been knocked off the stage, and you have no bomb in hand, taking a bomb out in mid air, and hoping for it to blow up won't cut it, and if a hookshot or spin attack won't bring you back, then what have you to lose by trying to toss the bomb above you and hit it. HOWEVER, if you get knocked off the stage AND you've already had a bomb on you for a significant amount of time, then you already know how much time you left before it blows up, so you don't need to risk tossing above your head to hit it. In the first case, it's either I try that move or I die. In the second case, I know the bomb is going to blow up before I plummet to my doom, so I can afford to wait. If you know for a fact that you are certainly going to die, then you have nothing to lose with the first tactic. This is just to clear up any cloudiness about which one to do at what time.

X Japan

Smash Lord
i though i kind of cleared it up on my last post.oh well.anyway i think Kubuu cleared it up more better than i did.

well can't win them all.

X Japan

Smash Lord
what's going hear ppl.it looks like i may have to spit out one of my Link hidden tips to have ppl post hear.

ok hear goes

the spin attack at the edge when u fall off can be cancle to another move, but it depends on ur timing and the person's %.

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
I was playing in a tournament this last weekend, during a practice match, i remember playing peach, (not one of my good matches )
I went to hookshot back to the course, and a turnup ruined my hope of ever returning to the platform.
morail to the story...when playing Link, beware of airbone Items upon Hookshot attempts.

Ive been playing around with Boomerang stuff lately, I found a short hop throw is better suited for speed/direction.

Im tired right now...thi

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Did the person hit you with the turnip before or during your hookshot attempt? I know it's a hard thing to do, but sometimes you can grab the turnip out of the air, ditch it real fast, then hookshot. It's hard to concentrate since you have a pit below, but you actually get the chance to catch the turnip as opposed to being blasted by a charge shot, blaster, boomerang, etc.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
So I'm going to say something, and I want everyone to let me know if they've seen this happen or not.

I'm fighting against Ness earlier, just testing out some new things here and there, nothing too special. I am fighting ness on FD by the way. Ness throws out his psychic yo-yo, and me being the person I am, I decided to block it by doing a short hop down + a. While I am aware that the sword can block projectiles coming from in from of Link, what threw me was that when the yo-yo hit the sword, it literally went shooting off the other way, as if though it had been reflected HARD. It didn't make the sound like a reflection, it just went shooting off the other way. So I said to myself, it must be the lack of food and sleep. So I keep playing. I play Samus on FD this time. I swear to you all, her fully charged shot bounced right off the sword when I did the short hop down + a. I've been working on this all day, and I can't figure this out. If anyone has seen anything similar, let me know.

ALSO, I've been working on a perfect cancel for the shot hop down + a, and I've noticed that sometimes when I slide into it, like when you do a running up+B off the side of a stage, that I go immediately into my shield, reminiscent of the 64 cancel. If anyone has any thoughts or anything, let me know. I hope it's not delirium from not eating all day :(

Top Bottom