• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Garde's Link Guide

Garde

Smash Ace
I've never seen the reflecting thing before, although I don't use it to intercept projectiles, so that would probably be a good reason why... I didn't even know you could use it to reflect them, although I did know it could block some (like arrows).

About cancelling the short hop down+A, I'm afraid there's no way to actually do it unless you use the ledge trick. If you get to a ledge (whether it be to the stage, or just a little platform) and land on the very edge and hold the direction that would have you fall off, you will land without stabbing into the ground and slide off the edge. Although, it's not very practical and can be VERY dangerous to use (since you might be at the edge of the stage, an opponent may CC it and smash you away while you're slipping off the edge of the stage). Another thing is if you hit with the aerial down+A, it will sometimes auto cancel for you (without even stabbing into the ground) although you all probably knew that. So the lesson is, always hit the opponent with it, and you'll have a pretty good chance of auto cancelling it :p . I think pressing L/R can also help auto cancelling if you haven't been in the air long enough, I know jump can interrupt moves (try it with an aerial attack with, use a normal mid air jump, and then use his up+B with the same aerial attack and see which one you recover from first). Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now. Good luck on your discovery Kubuu, I'd like to hear more details when possible.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
I never knew about that slidy trick. The only problem is, you need to miss your opponent to take advantage of it :(

I can clear up the auto cancel issue, though.

Link's sword plant has a fairly rare trait in that as soon as he begins withdrawing his sword, he won't have a landing animation.

Most if not all characters have a superfluous time during their air attacks, after the attack has finished doing damage, but before the entire animation is over.

Some attacks on some characters are lucky enough to have the superfluous boundary directly at the same time as the attack stops doing damage. That means that the attack can be doing damage until the very last possible instant before you land, and then you land like you weren't attacking at all, giving the impression that you have somehow super-l-cancelled, when in fact the attack was simply over.

Some other examples of this are Peach, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon's back air.

Luckily, Link's sword plant lasts a nice 1 second (starting from the WHOOSH sound) so it's not too hard to time an "auto cancel". Unfortunately, you need to wait out the whole thing, which means a short hop won't give you enough time (unless you hit twice). Still, your opponent may be surprised at how fast you "recover" from your attack.

Garde

Smash Ace
Okay SuperDoodleMan, I already knew all of that, but what I was saying is slightly different. What I was saying is that seems that you can shorten the duration of a move by pressing certain buttons, such as L/R or X/Y (maybe up on the control stick, haven't tried it). If you don't believe me, try it with Roy, one of the most noticable characters to use it with. Jump off the edge, use the aerial down+A, then jump using X/Y buttons (just press it constantly), you'll jump out of the attack. Now try it with already using your second jump (using the up+B in order to jump out of), you'll notice you don't recover nearly as fast. Why? I don't know. Just an observation I made, and it works with everyone. I can auto-cancel a short hop down+A with Link without hitting twice, btw.

Jasona

Smash Ace
Somebody tell me if I'm wrong...but I tried this several times and samus's arial up+a outdoes links arial down+a every time. It never seems to hurt samus.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
I noticed that it does take longer to recover from Roy's down A after 2 jumps, but only because I used the attack as soon as possible after jumping, and the upwards momentum of his first jump makes his eventual descent take longer.

I found a situation in which Link's attack barely lasts too long to auto-cancel: Stand on the pillar in Hyrule. Jump and sword plant, landing just to the right of the pillar. If indeed the attack can be shortened, then you should have no problem being able to auto-cancel it.

This is obviously a rhetorical experiment. I expect you to not be able to (like you expected me to be able to jump out of Roy's attack). If you can auto cancel the attack in that location, then there is indeed something fishy afoot.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Jasona
Somebody tell me if I'm wrong...but I tried this several times and samus's arial up+a outdoes links arial down+a every time. It never seems to hurt samus.

it will out do it everytime.unless u u come at the side where Samus body and head are at.u have to try to aviod her legs when that move is done.i know this cuz i fight the best Samus in NY Wes.

HavocLord

Smash Journeyman
That's actually because Samus's legs are pretty much disjointed hit boxes. The Sex kick, Up Tilt, and Up Aerial are all prime examples of this. Samus's legs are longer than Link's sword, there's no clash or anything in the air, so Samus wins there all the time.

I'd love to play Wes. He coming to COAST?

Garde

Smash Ace
Wow, lots of action while I was gone :p . This is the most activity on this thread ever since it was originally posted.

Anyways, I'll check it out tonight SuperDoodleMan, but I'm a little busy right now....

Jasona, Samus's legs are much longer than Link's sword plant, BUT what Link's sword plant lacks in vertical range, it more than makes up for with horizontal range, and like someone already suggested, you should try and hit samus where her legs are not (of course, this is no easy task, Link isn't very mobile while in the air, and well, Samus can position herself correctly so this doesn't happen), so in conclusion, don't use the sword plant against samus when she uses her up+A, instead, use the air dodge to hookshot. You'll dodge her attack AND hit her for a solid 6%.

Oh yeah, news on the vids, my computer science teacher gave me a sub domain in which I can load SSBM vids and other stuff that I want to in. So yeah, now all I need is to get the video files converted.... Once I get that done, I'll be set. Oh yeah, don't be expecting much from the vids, X Japan knows what I mean, he's seen my sad skillz.... Oh yeah, whoever called me a Link master somewhere (don't know where on SWF, but they called me a Link master...), I'm not. I'm far from "mastering" Link, and although I may know a lot, I'm not the best, nor do I think I'm close to being the best Link player. So yeah, I guess you'll all see what I'm talking about when I finally get those vids posted...

Okay, onto doing some work.... Later guys....

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
From my experience with fighting against Samus, if you manage to come in from the side, so that you hit with the front face of the sword, you can pretty much hit her and not have to worry about getting broke. If the percentages are right, and you come down from above, you can hit her, you'll both take a hit, but Link will take less of a hit, and at the right percentages it can KO Samus. If she's at about 90% and the both of you are in the air, and you come down and manage to hit her with the face of the sword, you're pretty much good to go. but as mentioned before, it does help to hit vital areas while she spins.

On another note, I've been experimenting with using the front face of Link's sword during his sword plant as both an defensive/offensive tactic. As an example, I was playing against a Samus recently. She had a fully charged shot waiting for me, and being as innovative as possible, I ran at her, did my short hop sword plant, the front of the sword blocks the shot, I continue to move toward Samus, and I hit her with the remaining momentum from the plant as she recovers from the recoil of the shot. I'm not saying that people should go flying around doing short hop plants all over the place (even though it's my favorite move, X Japan can verify that), but I think that if anything, it can be used as a last ditch effort, or a means to surprise attack a projectile using enemy. Gimme some feedback.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Garde your Link skills aren't sad.u just need to work on some combos and imagination and u be set.i think it was some where in the vid section around the last 3 pages where someone said that me and u are top Link players.

i think i already said that i don't i'm the best Link.cuz i'm not.

i'm still learning and just play the d@mn game as Wes says.

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost I would like to set people straight on this whole Link vs Samus thing.

First, Samus' up-tilt does not and I repeat DOES NOT out prioritize Link's downstab. They will either trade hits or Link's downstab will win. The only move that samus has that will out prioritize it 99% of the time is her up airiel. Other than that nothing else.

Second, <I do not know if samus' legs are longer than Link's sword. I know in some attack animations it is but I dont think all the time> The thing is that her legs will not out do his sword period. You pull out that sword you win. People who want to argue this listen carefully. Samus' leg is a body part, a limb if you will....Link's sword, is a freaking sword that isn't connected to his body. Also with the known fact that it isn't connected to his body, and its just a peice of metal...then we can finally conclude that Link's sword doesn't take damage, so ultimately figure out that hey, IT out prioritizes over samus' legs.

The whole part that Link's sword is a seperate hit box and is not a body part is the soul reason why sword users have almost all the priority in the game. Plain and simple, sword out does a punch and kick why??...because it does not take damage.

Third, This part I would like to stress a little. At what point do yall test her up-tilt vs the downstab?? Honestly if yall are trying to pull both out at the same time or something like that? All of Link's moves will out-do Samus' *except downstab vs up-airiel* This stuff about her legs being longer and what not. Really, the only possible way for a samus to out do a link is if she pulls out her moves first. Now I play against a samus user and I've played using samus a couple of times to get a understanding of her. Her moves pull out slow. If shes out doing you then your obviously trying to give her a hug or something. If your that close and she pull out her move first.....then yall need to work a lot more on playing the game, or at least understanding the physics behind it.

Link's sex kick vs Samus' sex kick.....yeah she can out prioritize..but only when she is ABOVE link, and that could be said with any character vs character. But head on...its either link or they trade hits.

If your not pulling out your move before samus then you have some really big problems to air out. If you dont know what priorities work and what dont...then again some more thing to learn....finally...if any of yall got questions or want to argue with what I said above...post up and I'll see how I can shoot yall down..I mean....Help you understand bette ;)

Well I'm going to bed, Also I might edit this sometime in the morning to make it more understandable...I know I cant type worth **** at this time of night so goodnight everyone

Ja ne Mina-san

Garde

Smash Ace
Kenshin, I could've sworn we were talking about samus' up aerial... If we weren't, I thought we were... Oh, you might've thought I was talking about up tilt cuz I didn't specify it was aerial in my last post.... Sorry bout that Kenshin...

Just re-read the posts and we've been talking about Samus's up aerial this whole time. When I was saying positioning, I was saying Samus can run along the ground (or even jump forwards or backwards) to position herself so that she doesn't get hit by the horizontal range on Link's sword plant.

I was testing it out SuperDoodleMan, and you're right, it won't auto-cancel just like you said. But I did a short hop on an uphill slant and hit YLink once and then auto-cancelled (I really don't know how it happens, but it happens a lot to me, maybe I'm not doing the shortest of Link's baby hops and that's why....).

wait a second....

Okay, I think I've just realized what I was doing.... Since there are different degrees of jumping (I think you all know this, I mean, it's been around since Super Mario Bros. and MegaMan came out), I think I was jumping higher than the minimum baby hop (which is what everyone considers a baby hop) but smaller than the maximum height of Link's 1st jump (which is what I call a baby hop, anything that cuts the first jump's height is a baby hop, imo). So I've actually been doing larger baby hops than you guys, and so when I do those, it auto-cancels, because when I try to baby hop auto-cancel, it doesn't work most of the time, unless I get more height than a normal baby hop (Because of the duration of the attack frames)... Tell me what you think of this....

TopVideoGamer

Smash Journeyman
I do belive there are only two jump heights in this game (unless you want to count a running jump seperately). This game isn't the same as Mario where as soon as you let go of the jump button, you start slowing down. Basically all there is is a normal jump (holding the jump button longer than the initial jump animation and you leave the ground) and a small jump (releasing the button before you get off the ground).

Garde

Smash Ace
Well, if that's the case, then I'm lost, because I know that I baby hopped (it was NOT the height of Link's normal jumps) into a sword plant, hit YLink once and landed on an upward slant without stabbing the ground.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention before, I gave my tape over to a friend, who should capture the matches in mpeg or avi format over the weekend. So on monday, I might have some vids posted, if I do, I'll be sure to post here and the melee discussion vid thread.

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
There are many degress of a jump just like there are many degress of walking, to jogging, to dashing. Why people cant do short hopping right away is that because there is more than one degree of jumping. A full jump...a mid medium jump...and etc. It all depends on how quickly you press the button. You just barely tap it, you got a short hop...but there are many more types of jumps that you can do. There is a MAXIMUM hieight and a MINIMUM hieight however...you can never go shorter than the minimum and never higher than the maximum. Unless there is an item envolved.

If you dont understand that there are more jumping hieghts then work on it. Because how it all started with beginers is people knew or short hopping. But doing it quickly took time. And progressively every jump became shorter...now if every jump didnt become shorter...then i would say there are only 2 kinda of jumps...but they all get shorter to where a person finds the perfect minimum hieight for short hopping.

Well those are my 2 cents.

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
Wow, you guys sure make no sense. This higher than shorter, but shorter than normal stuff is confusing me. Here's what I think.

There are only two jumps, the short jump and the normal jump....well and the double jump. What you might have done was push jump twice really quick. What this does is a larger version of a short jump, but not as high as a normal jump. Try it out, it's good for coming down on opponents.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Today when i was practicing air dodging with Link, i found that i could still use my hookshot after WD while still in the air. I thought you were unable to use any attacks until you land. When i tried it with other fighters it did'nt work.

Have anyone else notice this or am i late knowing this?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
I tested in 1/4 time in training and found that:

If you release jump before the character leaves the ground, you don't jump as high.

If you are holding jump when the character leaves the ground, they do a full jump.

I guess I can't use those other jumping heights on my copy.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Originally posted by SuperDoodleMan
I tested in 1/4 time in training and found that:

If you release jump before the character leaves the ground, you don't jump as high.

If you are holding jump when the character leaves the ground, they do a full jump.

I guess I can't use those other jumping heights on my copy.
I beleive thats called "short hopping" when you release jump before your charc leaves the ground and the other is a regular jump.

About my WDing to hookshot, i found that it is very useful when i'm about to be spiked and i'm able to dodge it and at the same time still use my hookshot to save myself. I also use it when both me and my opponent are and the air. i'll dodge away and use the hookshot to make some distance between us. if anyone else uses it a different way tell me. Holla!!!
:chuckle:

Garde

Smash Ace
SS4Ricky, I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm guessing that's probably what I did, the double jump really quickly to a sword plant, and was then able to auto-cancel the sword plant. I'm too lazy to check if I'm mistaken, but since you guys are so positive (and since you tested in 1/4 timing mode SDM, you can't get more accurate than that), I'll just take your word for it.

Kenshin may be right though. Depending on what version you have, there may be different degrees of short hopping, although I'm just saying that, I'm not sure or anything. I'm just saying I could've sword I short hopped to sword plant on YLink and then auto-cancelled, although like someone suggested it very possibly could've been a double jump (1st jump cancelled so you get less height than a normal jump) and it gave me enough time to auto-cancel. I did it on the platform to the left of the really high platforms on the right most area of Hyrule Temple (I was moving left and landed in a higher position than where I started). Chances are I was actually double jumping because I had been playing ness earlier and using his double jump cancel to attacks (it's easier than baby jumping, cuz I'm lazy...), so who knows...

Chaoser, I believe you're talking about air dodging, not WDing. You can't WD in the air, WDing is air dodging before you leave the ground so that you cancel the air dodge animation (since there is none) and slide along the ground. What you're talking about is air dodging to using the hookshot. There are three characters that can use this, Samus, YLink, and Link, and they're all considered recovery techniques. Although, please note that you can only perform the hookshot/grapple beam technique WHILE airdodging (that includes the wind down frames of each characters air dodge, where most people turn a full 360 degrees), but not after you complete the air dodge animation. Once your air dodge animation is over, you cannot do anything. And yes, this is pretty widely known knowledge.

Well, I should get the vids back tommorrow, although no guarantees since this friend has taken a while in getting things done for me in the past.... Hopefully I'll get them, if I do, I'll post it here.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Oh i see, it seems that i have quite alot to learn. I did'nt know that this game can go this deep like that. I'l just continuing practicing. Don't get me wrong i am a very good Link player,but until i joined i did'nt know about all of this so....ya know. Holla!!:D

HavocLord

Smash Journeyman
Second, <I do not know if samus' legs are longer than Link's sword. I know in some attack animations it is but I dont think all the time> The thing is that her legs will not out do his sword period. You pull out that sword you win. People who want to argue this listen carefully. Samus' leg is a body part, a limb if you will....Link's sword, is a freaking sword that isn't connected to his body. Also with the known fact that it isn't connected to his body, and its just a peice of metal...then we can finally conclude that Link's sword doesn't take damage, so ultimately figure out that hey, IT out prioritizes over samus' legs.
Kenshin, Samus's legs are for some reason or whatever considered disjointed hit boxes for most of the length of the leg.

Swords have ultimate priority, so go into training mode or whatever and drop (read: have it so the leg and the sword will be vertically aligned) a sex kick onto an up smashing Marth. It goes right through and Samus is not damaged and continues the attack. Taking that disjointed hit boxes have the highest priority, and Samus's leg goes through a sword, then it is proven that Samus's legs are disjointed hit boxes during those attacks. Why do you think the up tilt makes such a dominating edge guard? ;)

I cannot explain why this is so, but the length of disjointed fun isn't too great, as is why other things hit her first.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Chaoser
Oh i see, it seems that i have quite alot to learn. I did'nt know that this game can go this deep like that. I'l just continuing practicing. Don't get me wrong i am a very good Link player,but until i joined i did'nt know about all of this so....ya know. Holla!!:D
yea this game is really down and in depth, but sometimes in some cases during a battle a lot of bull**** happen and u can't control it.

Garde

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to go with HavocLord on this one Kenshin. In my experiences playing against my brother's samus (who he picked up recently, probably cuz I told him Wes beat me with Samus...), I've found it rather difficult to get around Samus's legs, especially since the DON'T count as part of her body, and so she doesn't get hit when she attacks someone with a sword (This is why I also think that her sex kick and back air are so dangerous, they've got really good reach, duration, and have very high priority, plus there's no chance of the attack getting hurt by another melee attack that intercepts her kicks). Every single time I went in for a sex kick with Link against my brother while his back was facing me, I was the one who went flying away, while my brother was left untouched. X Japan, you might be able to add something to this since you play against Wes's Samus more often than probably any of us play against Samus, which is even better since Wes is probably one of the best Samus's in the nation, if not the best (I hear that Ken's younger brother is around Wes's skill level though, who also uses Samus). So yeah, tell us what your thoughts on this are, because getting to know how to play against a Samus could definitely help (especially for when you guys come out here so I might do a little better against Wes than last time, cuz that was just pathetic...).

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I probably do a lot better against a samus then yall do since I played with HGZero since the start of our smashing and he was samus and I was Link. Thats how its always been. I know it might be a little confusing...but I really think I'm right about what I said earlier. A samus might hit a marth because of her legs....but you have to be in close enough to hit them with it. Its all about timing and whatnot. OH and never let a samus have her back turned to you. Her strongest attack is the back toe so yeah....But i hold firmly what I said earlier...I'll try to see if im wrong and test it out with the D-krew air master but again I stand by what I said.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Garde
X Japan, you might be able to add something to this since you play against Wes's Samus more often than probably any of us play against Samus, which is even better since Wes is probably one of the best Samus's in the nation, if not the best (I hear that Ken's younger brother is around Wes's skill level though, who also uses Samus). So yeah, tell us what your thoughts on this are, because getting to know how to play against a Samus could definitely help (especially for when you guys come out here so I might do a little better against Wes than last time, cuz that was just pathetic...).

well i know is that to get around Samus ^+A in the air is to either do A or down+A in the air and aim it towards her body not her legs.cuz the legs will beat anything u do above her all the time.so try to aim for the body.

Garde

Smash Ace
*bump*

Stupid spammer.... Almost bumping my thread off of page 1....

Anyways, I found something out today which isn't really that great, but it's something nonetheless... You all know about air dodging to hookshoting, but here's something I just found out. If you cancel your air dodge (not immediately) by pressing Z right after you start the air dodge animation, but before you make the air dodging sound, and you're holding up on the control stick, you get more aerial distance than you would normally (about as much as a ground jump). It's not all that useful, but you can also use it to get back onto a stage faster than using the up+B and without leaving yourself open. If you latch onto the corner of the stage while moving upwards and press A, you'll get the boost you normally would, and will either land on the stage or grab onto the ledge (depending on how far away you were from the ledge). It's a little risky and not worth it, but for those of you who love flashy looking stuff, this is for you! Who knows, it could become Link's new taunt, with him flipping onto the stage (into a standing position) if you do it correctly. It looks pretty cool to me...

Oh yeah, I apologize for the delay in the vids, my friend has captured them into one huge mpeg file that's 500megs big. The fps is 30 and the window size is 320x240. I will be breaking it up into the individual matches (in WMV format, so quality may be lost), but as soon as he burns it onto a CD (which is taking him forever, for some reason, the capturing process was the most time consuming by far), I'll post a link as to where I uploaded them which will be: http://garde.codetime.com/. I put up an index file and a few sub directories, but nothing fancy. I'll update the site once I put the files up. Hopefully he'll give me the CD tommorrow, but one can only hope....

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Samus can do that technique as well, and she gets a good amount of air off of it too. The only time I use it is when I'm way below a level like FD, and I need the extra height to latch onto the area right above the bottom of the stage, where the hookshot doesn't connect.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
This may be a lil off topic but this will help improve my skills, so here goes:

Question: I here alot about CCing, but when excatly do you suppose to do this?

My Thought: While being hit, but at the same time hold down from being knocked backed or hold down right before you get hit.

If i do have to hold down before being attacked how do i suppose to attack, i mean i could have hit them but i'm busy crouching to not be knocked out?
Holla!!

P.S. By the way Garde for some reason i seem to like the music on your site, i guess cause it kinds of calms me.

Garde

Smash Ace
It's most useful for the slow, heavy characters that wouldn't normally be able to get hits off against opponents. They can CC an attack that an opponent would use and cancel the slow characters attack and then repeatedly hit the slow character. The point of CCing is getting hit to deliver some heavy punishment upon a character who is in the wind down frames of their attack they just hit you with. You will not always be able to attack faster than opponents, or cancel/interrupt their attacks, that's when this comes in handy (especially if you're using Link, since he's a heavier, slower character).

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Garde
It's most useful for the slow, heavy characters that wouldn't normally be able to get hits off against opponents. They can CC an attack that an opponent would use and cancel the slow characters attack and then repeatedly hit the slow character. The point of CCing is getting hit to deliver some heavy punishment upon a character who is in the wind down frames of their attack they just hit you with. You will not always be able to attack faster than opponents, or cancel/interrupt their attacks, that's when this comes in handy (especially if you're using Link, since he's a heavier, slower character).

So your saying it helps me by receiving damage to give off more damage or at least survive long enough to do enough damage. So if thats the case,well i have a reason to use Link's sword sweep(I think thats the name of the move).
I beleive i understand now dawg! Holla!!!:chuckle:

Garde

Smash Ace
Not exactly Chaoser...

Think of it this way, you shouldn't always CC to hit people, but sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to win, and that includes taking damage, but that doesn't mean that you should take damage unnecessarily. In certain cases, it's better to get hit and deal damage, but not in all cases (ESPECIALLY if you're at high %, you shouldn't CC to hit, play hit and run or something). Basically, you should gauge how much damage you'll take, how far the attack will send you, and what you can do once you CC the attack (don't CC rapid A attacks or sheik's tilts, you'll just take lots of damage for no reason), you should mainly CC attacks that have lots of lag afterwards, so that you can properly punish your opponent.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
hmmmmm.....so CCing is at its best when the you opponent has quite more damage than you do or if vice versa you should keep distance while racking up damage to them. Hmmmmmmm....man it seems like i'm a rookie at this, but a rookie can only learn and get better so..........ya know! Holla!!:D

Thought: To me it seems that everyone has talked about everything that is about melee, thus making the board less adictive or somethin.

Garde

Smash Ace
At the moment, we at the SWF seem to have hit a plateau of SSBM knowledge for now.... There have been so many discoveries in this game since it's launch 2 years ago, but like gold mines, you'll eventually run out of things to discover... Since there are less things to discover, the chances of discovering them are very slim (I'm sure we haven't discovered everything there is to the game yet), especially since many people think there is nothing else to be discovered, at least they think there are no game-breaking discoveries left.... I disagree. Although many people have abandoned researching the game (since so many people have already devoted much time to it), chances of finding easter eggs and glitches will most likely happen by luck or accident (same thing, right?). So yeah, in short, the SWF is pretty much in-active compared to when I joined (so many debates going on, it was awesome to take a part in!) because people are beginning to believe there is nothing new to discover...

Oh yeah, my vids are apparently uploaded on my friend's site at the moment, but he said he'd give them to me on a CD tommorrow so I can begin uploading them, I think... Sorry it's taking so **** long, I really want to get these uploaded ASAP, it's taken so long already....

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Yeah i understand that their are still quite a few discoveries to be made in SSBM and it will be awhile berfore they are found. Still for the past few days i been seeing mostly charc vs charc matches, which are really good to know about, but still their seems that less topics about things are being posted.
Holla!!

Qusetion: Is it a good idea to wavedash with Link since he doesn't go very far? I'm practicng WDin with him and it seems that he doesnt go very far for me to charge up a smash while doing slidin.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Hmmm...I once posted this same thing as a combo for the CPU controlled fighters once you get them to about 30% damage and works very well with them.
But against another human player this might won't work so well especially against someone thats experienced. They will either use their down tilt or side step the next grab attempt leaving you open. So it might would'nt be a very good idea to use against someone else except for the AI.

X Japan

Smash Lord
yea i did it to a couple of ppl during the match and after like a couple of times they learn the errors of their ways and side step.its really works on ppl u never faced before or when ppl u play a lot don't expect it.

but it doesn't really do anything.its one of those things thats just for show.if anything a character like Lug it may have some effect since if u throw him down or up he'll recover with a "A" in the air.

Top Bottom