• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Presents: 5 Dollar Footdives 3/17/12

Veggi

Smash Champion
1: Kyon - Nice seeing you again. Thank you for the Peach advice. I learned some things from watching your matches.
4: Sax - It was nice to meet you, thank you for the advice on the Dedede vs. Diddy matchup. Your Wario is too good. That first match was really intense. I was so close aughgaughghgughgh
5: Viper - **** you ***** hop on pop *****
7: Wizzrobe - Fun playing you. Keep up the good work.
9: Jazz - That last match was really dumb, haha. I can't believe I managed to win that one. Dedede is such a dumb character.
9: Kuro~ - That feel when I'm at the top of the screen and Pit snipes me with an arrow and kills me.
9: SSGuy - You beasted crew battles. Congrats on that. Even though you didn't beat Kyon I feel like you handled the match very well. It's always fun watching you play.
13: Payne - You are so funny. I was laughing so much because of you. Keep up the good work. It was nice meeting you. 69 cent money match wtffff....
13: KirbyDaBest - Nice meeting you. Can't believe you baired me into that up smash. Haha. Oh well. If I have to lose some way, I'm happy it was epic.
17: Mink- - Nice seeing you again. Too bad this tourney wasn't so good for you. : /

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
1: Hrnut:snake::olimar: Lol dubz set was too funny. "OMG STOP IT NICK! YOUR MAKING THE SCREEN LAG!" lmao
1: Kyon:peach: IS NOT a bad player. Lol. Thanks for playing with me despite your hands hurting. Making nick salty with those mist valleys :troll:
1: GDX:diddy: Omg that game 3...so ****ing intense. Good **** gdx. Dat rocky song brings out the OP in you.
4: Sax:wario::diddy: Good **** bro. I'll make sure to give u all your videos so u can study em for next time. Having someone seems to help keep you patient in your matches ^_^ maybe one day we won't meet in tourney ;) and something lame won't happen ;)
5: Viper:falco:GGs as usual.Gonna upload all our games. Can't wait to see you at come to papas2!Assuming you come that is lol. Sorry i missed out on your match vs gdx =/
5: Sensei:mario2::pit: Dat mario swagga.
7: Veggi:dedede::peach: Dat game 1 ending vs wario...too good. Also, i'm da bess snipa.
7: Wizzrobe:marth::falco: Getting better and better. Marth dittos are actually kinda fun. Didn't think i'd find a ditto i like.
9: Wumbo:kirby: dat work. Good shee~ see you around.
9: Jazz:snake::fox: **** fox.Seriously.:salt:
9: Kuro~:pit::marth::salt:
9: SSGuy:wario: ggs in dubz.
13: P.I.E.:ness2: come out to more than nll bro.
13: Payne:mario2:Same to you.
13: Vinyl.:kirby: Ggs.You need to come out more.
13: KirbyDaBest:kirby: I got nothin.
17: Pesticide:olimar: Good shee on bringing other ppl.
17: RMK?
17: Mink:jigglypuff::ganondorf::zerosuitsamus::wolf: Dear god. You went in on halerd. NO ****S ARE GIVENNNNNN!ROFL STOMP!!!!!!!!
17: Osc2009?? I got nothin.
17: Vatgas??I got nothin.
17: Solid Neku??:kirby::rob:?I got nothin.
17: Mr. Johnny??I got nothin.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
that spike was dumb -_-

payouts were top 6 for singles and top 4 for dubs with 5 entry per person

speaking of which, mink I owe your team 11 dollars cause you guys left before I paid out dubs

If i knew i got money i would have bought BK

Lookin' forward to this 11 bucks.

My results should go:

:ganondorf: :wolf: :jigglypuff: :zerosuitsamus:

i am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VGytzXus&ob=av2n

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
~Kuro, where do you upload your vids?

Because I would like to see some vids from the tournament. Also, if you upload some of our marth dittos I would really appreciate that.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I was pleased at how well I did at this tourney.

Shoutouts:

GDX - Bro, you did an amazing job running the tourney with everything that was going on. I tip my Mario hat to you. Sucks I didn't get to play you though.
HRNut - Why are you so good at this game?! lol. I'm not going to lie, I was super nervous in our set. I was shocked that it went to game 3 but I'm not sure the same thing would have happened if you had gone Snake. Now I just have to focus on actually winning a set against you, lol.
Kyon - I think this is the first tourney that I didn't play you at all. It was good seeing you though and that read you got on GDX was hilarious lol. Also, I will try to use more Upsmash like you said.
Neku - This guy is a trooper. Entered every single tourney there that day. Much props for that. We shall practice doubles more for next time.
Viper - You finally got your money match with me. I really need to learn the Falco MU, so I might just be hunting YOU down next time, lol.
Wizzy - THIS KID RIGHT HERE IS THE FUTURE OF SMASH. That Marth of yours is so good, it's annoying. Once you work on the spotdodging habit and not going all aggro, you will be turning a lot of heads. You have tons of potential.
Jazz - Bro, our set was TOO intense. Last hit, last stock on both matches even though you had an early SD with Snake. I'll definitely have to play more friendlies with you next time.
Payne - I'm glad there is someone else repping Mario in tourneys. Glad to see you toned down some of the aggressive playstyle.
Kuro - Always good seeing you. I need to learn the Wario matchup better from you next time.
Sax - Great seeing you, man. I should have gone Pit first round but it's all good.

Special shoutout to the guy I played in loser's bracket in Marvel for hitting me with the MarlinPie combo.

Payne

Smash Apprentice
Sensei! I forgot,you didn't tell me something I should work on this tourney.So what should I work on now?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Shout out to Wizzrobe for looking like Justin Bieber.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Viper and the FGCU crew: Good ****!!
Sensei: I think that keeping your cool is a factor, rather than the MU itself, cuz I know you ****
D-torr: I live down the road from you, but I havent played you in friendlies in like 2 years @_@
Strawhat/Luffy: Nice lucas
Walnut: U came at the last minute and then your controller wasn't working. we needa rematch later.
Kyon: Imma work on that peach MU :x
Kuro: You're cool :)
GDX: Great TO
NLL staff: You guys are awesome
RMK: Use a gc remote, then I can show you some cool ness stuff :)
Wumbo: You won our tourney match legit, but I'm salty out that frigate match, all johns aside xD
Sax: Your advice helped me win some more friendlies :D But I don't plan on picking up a second.
If I missed anyone, I just wanna say you're all great!
If I missed anyone, just know you're all amazing.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
What this Sensei? no shout out for me either?
At least P.I.E put me on his shout out list, gawd. I hate you now >:/...
na, just kidding bro. Is all good xD.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Lookin' for mah lost shaker of salt~
SALT SALT SALT.
Some people claim there is a woooooman to blame, but i know...
It's mah own damn fault.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
D-torr: I live down the road from you, but I havent played you in friendlies in like 2 years @_@
Dude, I asked Mike to let me know if you guys were hosting last Saturday, but I needed to know before last Saturday. Since I play multiple games and am apart of multiple communities, I need to know things in advance but he gave me the text after I moved on to secondary plans.

I work weekdays so if you guys are hosting on Saturday of some weeks (some Saturdays I have tourneys or other priorities), let me know. Put it on the group wall and tag me if you must. I'm willing to play. You guys just have to let me know.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
No shoutout for me Sensei? :(

:phone:
My bad, man. How could I have forgotten you?
Shoutout to D-torr for being the most chill person at the entire tourney, helping GDX with the brackets/registration, and showing me that Nemesis > my entire team in Marvel, lol.

Payne

Smash Apprentice
Payne: For taking his time to play him so I can learn more about the Lucas/Mario match up. On that note: Sensei says that you should stop fire balling against lucas. As I told you, I already came up with an answer, Space Magnetism + other reads.
I can't live without the fireballs :(

Payne:mario2: - Nice friendlies, bro. You did good. Also, bring more than 69 cents.
I'll bring more money in April so I can be ready for real MMs.. 69 cents -.-

13: Payne - You are so funny. I was laughing so much because of you. Keep up the good work. It was nice meeting you. 69 cent money match wtffff....
Glad I made you laugh :bee:

13: P.I.E.:ness2: come out to more than nll bro.
13: Payne:mario2:Same to you.
We've been going to NLLs for months now xD Idk about P.I.E. hes been grounded since christ o.o

Payne - I'm glad there is someone else repping Mario in tourneys. Glad to see you toned down some of the aggressive playstyle.
What should I work on now? :urg:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I can't live without the fireballs :(

Glad I made you laugh :bee:

We've been going to NLLs for months now xD Idk about P.I.E. hes been grounded since christ o.o

Exactly. I'm saying you should come out to more than just nll tournies.

Payne

Smash Apprentice
If we can get ride situations down we could go to more tournies like there was no tomorrow,Hopefully KDB gets his car soon then you'd see us three at more tournies. But it was great meeting you ^_^

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Like Action B said, you can't rely on fireballs in the Lucas matchup. I would say learn to fight without fireballs. Practice matches without using any fireballs. It'll help you get used to not relying on them. I think Diddy players do this with bananas to learn how to fight without bananas.

Also, work on not chasing people offstage no matter how much of a lead you have. The first rule of Mario offstage is: You don't recover. Always pick the safe option. Either go for the edgehog or let them get to the edge and put pressure on them with spaced fireballs.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Shout Outs

1: Hrnut - You are a great player. Thanks for taking time and playing some friendlies with me. Congratz on winning the tourney. Sucks i had to play you so early.

1: Kyon - Good stuff getting second. Your peach is so consistent. I look forward to playing you again.

1: GDX - GG the first game i played like a real asshole but the second game was much better thanks for believing in me. You ran many events well an i would come back to the next one for sure. One thing you should ask the oor players to check the bracket before you finalize it.

4: Sax - We should have MMed. Nice stuff taking 4th.

5: Sensei - Good **** going in with mario taking 5th. The falco Mario mu is really challenging for mario if. Good games. Keep ****** with mario. Next time we meet MM vs you pit, ic, or luigi. I could really use the luigi mu exp.

7: Veggi - FGCU Top 8 good **** man. Keep getting better. You had so really good sets.

7: Wizzrobe - For a 14 year old only playing 7 months you have impressed me. I can see you in the top 5 real soon. keep it up man. Sick Marth! Good Games

9: Wumbo - Dude that o8 kirby. Nice to see some older players coming back out. We should get more games in. Kirby is an MU i need to work on. Oh what do you think about the MK ban?

9: Jazz - Nasty MM. Dude your fox is slick. That set was great. I hope we can get more in like that soon. I am thankful you let it go to 3/5. You were on fire that tourney sucks how it ended for you. GGs

9: Kuro~ - Coach. My bad for not getting your attention for my set. Dude all i have to say is that i am lucky i beat you game 3 and 4 of our MM. you had me downloaded. You are such a smart player great set man i look forward to more like it.

9: SSGuy - 8 Stocks... That is all.

13: P.I.E. - Dude keep playing. Your ness has potential. Great friendlies man. I enjoy playing you. I just need to figure up what i can do from a grab break on Ness.

13: Payne - Home boii next time i play you i hope i dont have to turn you upside down to get the money out of your pockets. but on the real great job beating mink he is a backroom member and a nationaly ranked puff. I think you have great skill but i hope you realize that the only reason you are not placing like wissrobe is cause of your char. Not beacuse you are 14 or dont have the exp. I played you both and you are just as talented as him.

13: Vinyl. - i love your enthusiasm keep playing and getting better i hope we canget some games in next time we meet.

13: KirbyDaBest - KDB your crew is getting so much better as a whole. Fun Crew battle i wish we could have MMed your patience took me by surprise. Keep playing like that no matter how much people call you gay or lame. Good **** keep it up.

17: Pesticide - there is no reason a player like you should be placing last. I wish we could have got some games in.

17: Mink Mink that teams with you had was amazing. my god. oh and your ROFL on gdx gdlk. on the real dont let me ever see you place like this again. you are a top 5 player when you want to be.

17: Solid Neku - Good games man. you are so good at so many games. I wish i could play more then smash at a high level.

17: Mr. Johnny awesome name wish i knew who you were.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Like Action B said, you can't rely on fireballs in the Lucas matchup. I would say learn to fight without fireballs. Practice matches without using any fireballs. It'll help you get used to not relying on them. I think Diddy players do this with bananas to learn how to fight without bananas.

Also, work on not chasing people offstage no matter how much of a lead you have. The first rule of Mario offstage is: You don't recover. Always pick the safe option. Either go for the edgehog or let them get to the edge and put pressure on them with spaced fireballs.
Or, you two can do what Windby's mario do, mix up your Mario, however, Sensei is right what he said. When I play Winby the other day, he was doing some shanaingas. For example, he does fireball but when he's close to me because PK magnet takes start up time. But while he's near me, he uses his fireball as a bait as well like, Fireball to nair in da face or so...And god, don't talk to me about how good his gimping game is. All he does against my Lucas is jump of the stage and cape me, or cape my up-b at the right time. Mario has two options on a Up-B Lucas. you predict were his going to land on the stage to up/side/grab-smash or cape it. Windby doesn't do short up, mind game, to F-smash alot like Sensei nor fireball spam like Payne. But what he does alot that you two don't do more often...bair...I hope you two realized that Mario's bair is ********. It keeps me at bay and you can followed it by uair or so. Just mix up your move guys. ^^; Just giving you two tips, looking forward to see you two next time :D. Remeber...bair...don't abuse it too much though!

Payne

Smash Apprentice
And I thought I had your lucas in the bag when we played T_T,oh and how do I check whos the top florida marios,you told me at the tourney but I forgot.. x.x

Payne

Smash Apprentice
13: Payne - Home boii next time i play you i hope i dont have to turn you upside down to get the money out of your pockets. but on the real great job beating mink he is a backroom member and a nationaly ranked puff. I think you have great skill but i hope you realize that the only reason you are not placing like wissrobe is cause of your char. Not beacuse you are 14 or dont have the exp. I played you both and you are just as talented as him.
LOL I'll bring more money to have a real MM with you,But do you seriously think i'm that good,Wizz is a truly great player.I'm going to start working on some secondary characters though but mario is always gonna be my main even if he drops even further in the tier list.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
And I thought I had your lucas in the bag when we played T_T,oh and how do I check whos the top florida marios,you told me at the tourney but I forgot.. x.x
You, Sensei and Mars Windby are the only Marios I know. and HRnut if he feels like it xD.
not sure if monk still plays though.
and why would you want to watch the top Marios in Florida when you can watch the top 5 marios in the U.S/Can/Mex: Flameleon/Vato_Break/Boss/2Fast/ThatGuy.
I learn my stuff from learning or watching the top players. Another thing I do is ask the pros for tips too.
Hope this help Payne.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
13: Vinyl.:kirby: Ggs.You need to come out more.
Will do. :D

No shoutout for vinyl

And don't orgasm at almost every match, lol.

13: Vinyl. - i love your enthusiasm keep playing and getting better i hope we can get some games in next time we meet.
Sure, bro. I'll keep up at it so I can punish your falco more often.

Payne

Smash Apprentice
I already know the top five in the nation but i'm just curious about florida, thanks though :D

Top Bottom