• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX Presents: K.U.B. Brawl Biweeklys - Next on: TBD

Gindler

Smash Champion
Poopies missed this? Shame no one mentioned it in the UCF thread...and doubles random too!? I really am bad...:(

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
tried calling, running late, trying to sort out sat nav, untouched and I will be entering singles.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
bump for justice

9/11/10 - KUB #2. Same times, but without the 7:30 leave-by time. Probably going to try to do pools for singles (possibly pools of 5 with just last place not making it out)

And also, Gallax/Radix/Sensei were the three people who had the free setup last time, so the first 3 FULL SETUPS (Including TVs) that arent those three will get the door fee knocked off.

I also want to take a vote on something:

I was thinking of maybe doing MK banned biweeklys sometimes. Would every-other tourney, or every 3rd tourney be good?

Exdeath

Smash Master
I was thinking of maybe doing MK banned biweeklys sometimes. Would every-other tourney, or every 3rd tourney be good?
Seeing as this tournament is mainly for practice, it doesn't make much sense to limit MK. But, also seeing as Walnut and I are the best MK mains who attend, it won't make much of a difference anyway -- especially since we use other characters as well. :laugh: Every other tournament would be good.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol ban diddy? that actually gives me an interesting idea

one tourney i should just do no mains/secondarys for anyone. Cant play your #1 or 2 characters. but then again, thats pretty much random without as many lolz

oh, and of course, eat a **** :laugh:

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
one character ban per match or one character ban for the entire tourney? Because if I face Sensei, I already know who I'm banning :laugh:

Noa.

Smash Master
No mains or secondaries.

I can only play decently with Olimar.
then again I could go with G&W hmmm...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Update:

Random Singles/Doubles Rules:

As far as character selection goes, everyone's mains/most prominent chars are automatically banned, without any additional effort from anyone else. For game 1, there are no character bans in place. For the rest of the set counterpicks, the losing player can either:

Keep the same random characters for both players, but choose stage
Keep the same stage, but re-random for both players.

Aside from the character selection, all other rules are the exact same

Exdeath

Smash Master
Seibrik's rule set(s) for random Singles/Doubles is pretty good and already complete.

Noa.

Smash Master
I can't wait to go to this since last week I couldn't make it to WATO.

I'll join random singles if God allows me to win enough money lol.

Just a clarification, if we get our main through random we just redo random right?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh? ill use seibrik's random ruleset if everyone wants it that way

i never read it so i dont even know what it is actually :laugh:

and a no-go on the door fee. thats why you gotta get the free setups every other week when you can. if within a 2 month span you come to 4 biweeklys and get 1 free due to setups, youre really paying 2.25 door fee per visit :laugh:

ey can someone link me to the random ruleset SFL uses? i cant find it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX please save these stupid rules for after I leave FL. I want some serious MLG practice and I don't want to practice my other characters right now I need to be fully prepared for these MLG events.
stupid rules? what stupid rules? we were talking about having a random singles event, aside from the regular doubles/singles. what are you talking about? :laugh:

and come on tony, 3 for a door fee isnt that bad. you even had a free door fee last time. maybe in the winter i can reduce it to 2, cause running AC as full blast as i can without it breaking it all day during the summer is quite expensive on the electric bill (which i pay 1/3 of)

i could charge 2 and not run any AC, but that would make it extremely unenjoyable for everyone, so I wouldn't even consider that as an option..so deal with it until it gets colder

Top Bottom