• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX Presents: K.U.B. Brawl Biweeklys - Next on: TBD

Toneh

Smash Lord
16 ppl x 3 is $48. It doesn't go up that much ina day. I'll wait until i can bring a setup again.

I also just bought 3 of these 4-foot fans so that would help if i brought em

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think its worse tryin to make huge profits off other smashers and friends
I had this long post completely ripping apart your logic, tony

but this isnt about that. starting something so huge over $1 is pretty trivial to me, honestly. I'm here to put that side of me aside and just repeat to you that for many reasons, $3 isnt a big deal. If it makes you feel better, i dont keep any of the door fee, i pay for my entry to tourneys out of my own money, but i dont pay my own door fee

with that in mind, i hope to those of you who dont mind the extra dollar, please attend the tourney to play some brawl

gallax

Smash Hero
oh? ill use seibrik's random ruleset if everyone wants it that way

i never read it so i dont even know what it is actually :laugh:

and a no-go on the door fee. thats why you gotta get the free setups every other week when you can. if within a 2 month span you come to 4 biweeklys and get 1 free due to setups, youre really paying 2.25 door fee per visit :laugh:

ey can someone link me to the random ruleset SFL uses? i cant find it
meh...... dont need any of this now after that huge speech with gallax and all us playing and all
Uhh, was my specech bad? Did i upset you? Im sorry if my comment about quitting peach upset you that much. It really was a joke me saying quit peach. It was supposed to lighten the mood. DONT QUIT PEACH KYON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt meant to upset people with my speech. I mean, gdx's tournies are called kid u bad, he calls everyone bad since hes better than them and he says hes bad, kyon always says how bad everyone is, and we just had a huge fl discussion about pr's but no one in CFL wants to travel to train other than a few. So my speech i felt was necessary.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, its true. we're all pretty bad. the KUB reference pretty much points to anyone in SFL except halberd and nick

it doesnt mean that we arent trying to get better, but in the grand scheme of things we are bad

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
and i dont call everyone bad cause im better than them. the term kid UR bad actually came from the original term "lol, kid you're bad", a term we randomly started using at my house at MLG when dekar, arturoburrito, dehf, and hrnut (lol namesearch mode) stayed over my place that weekend. I dont know which of us started it, but it just kinda grew from there

and gary wasnt mad at your speech. he was mad at tony for being so adamant about not coming to the tourney cause the door fee is 3 instead of 2, like right after you made your post about us not practicing enough in the first place

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as this tournament is mainly for practice, it doesn't make much sense to limit MK. But, also seeing as Walnut and I are the best MK mains who attend, it won't make much of a difference anyway -- especially since we use other characters as well. :laugh: Every other tournament would be good.
I'd like to see your other characters.

I'd be down for an MK banned tourney. I'd like to see if low tier sfl could come shake **** up with fewer mks running around.

gallax

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At above post's quote by xdeath:

I think we can now change your statement to "But, also seeing as Walnut and are are not the best MK main attending, M2K is, we should def implement it." LOl.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Update:

Random Singles/Doubles Rules:

As far as character selection goes, everyone's mains/most prominent chars are automatically banned, without any additional effort from anyone else. For game 1, there are no character bans in place. For the rest of the set counterpicks, the losing player can either:

Keep the same random characters for both players, but choose stage
Keep the same stage, but re-random for both players.

Aside from the character selection, all other rules are the exact same
I like this....

This way ppl will learn to use diff characters and broaden they're horizons

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
look at the following quote taken from the UCF Brawl in Orlando thread 3 pages from the current last page:

What were u sayin?
lol, its a joke. you should calm down with questioning everything i do before i get salty at you

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see your other characters.

I'd be down for an MK banned tourney. I'd like to see if low tier sfl could come shake **** up with fewer mks running around.
I would like to come and show you my other characters but, I will be working unless the tourney will be late in the day which is not the case I believe. Some may have seen me play the donkey kong card but, oh boy I can't wait to pull out my new non-main.

On a side note I agree with you...I can go without metaknight sometimes! :)

PS. Please save matches btw, thanks!

-WALNUT

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
I ***** M2k in a mk ditto 3 stock son

GET AT ME SEIBRIK, HALZY

but he did **** me in the other six matches

at least i didnt get 6-0'd like seibs lol
I will take it. Considering it's m2k and all...to not get 6-0'd is like putting up a fight.
So something like I imagine...

1.M2K
2.HRNUT
3.REDHALBERD
4.???

PS. good job by the way!

Top Bottom