• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GIGaBrawl - and Melee! - July 25th and 26th - Lawrence, Kansas - VENUE CHANGED!

Nicole

Smash Champion
You guys are the best. I'm glad you found a date that works for everyone Stealth!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
that's a REALLY ****ING LONG TIME to wait for another circuit event :'(

maybe iowa moves their tourney up to june and this becomes the championship...?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no iowa still doesnt have a venue, and kc most certainly isnt central.

also there will most likely be at least one brawl+ setup there. anyone interested in a brawl + side tourney?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Just to ease some concerns: There will probably be a Wichita tourney on this date now for those of you who want a tournament before then to tide you over. (This comes about due to odd circumstances where I'm sort of having my house dumped on me with no one else in it for four days) As I get more details I'll probably let people who are interested know about it.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Lets see confirmation list.... what cool people will be at Joker's tournament....

Razor, Joker, Jlo, Blank, Bone, Kudou, Schism, Mduo, Zash, Peeks, Tyser, JBM, Uli, Smeesh, CBK, BC, Jordan, Kit, Andrew (ASC), ....? And more most certainly....

Should I go ahead and add Affinity to the list.....

Good I will go ahead and do that....

Fino

Smash Master
Fino needs more infractions.

One for double posting, one for spam

Thanks in advance andy... (can you count that as dis-respect to moderators? I don't mean it to be, otherwise... add an extra 3 points =-/ )

~Fino

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I like the picture this dmac guy has. I'd give that ***** attention all day long.

On a serious note, how are we lookin on the date for this? I've heard 2 different things and I need to know when to ask off for work. I'd like to not miss anymore tournaments because of not being able to ask off in time.

EDIT
Jus read a couple pages back. Once you have exact dates updated, I can ask off. Considering it's over 2 months away, I have plenty of time.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
honestly it isnt hard to avoid anything on that stage, but i will go with whatever people say, i dont care too much
Norfairs's questionable legality is not about stage hazards, it's about planking. It is sooooooo easy.
But, I'm for it being legal. I swear it has nothing to do with me playing Wario, either.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
**One Player/Team will strike 1 stage, then their opponent will strike another 2 stages, leaving 2 stages in which the first team will strike 1 leaving one to be played on.
I really think that this, with 5 neutrals (FD, BF, SV, YI, PS1), should be the new process for stage striking.

Anyone else agree?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
1-2-2-1 is obviously way better than 1-1-1-1-1-1, but seven starters is really important. It's just radically more fair than five on so many levels, several of which involve the Ice Climbers. We've implemented seven at a bunch of tournaments already, and I think the results are pretty clear. Seven is just better than five in every way.

Top Bottom