• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Release Herb2 videos sometime before 3 Months from now?

Yes.

We'll get around to it when we have time.

Totally unrelated though. o_o
------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Well.. GK is a console arcade.. so naturally..

All their televisions are lag free.
I was just curious, considering the rate you are going now.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Curaga I love you! and what with the charizard people?
anywho GK THIS FRIDAY!!! people should come just to hang out ill be there.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Considering I'm always in GameKnights, I know.

They have black and white televisions from 1971, with no cable hook-ups.

Antennae only. However, if you have an adapter you can hook up a VCR to a switch box and watch Mary Poppins, starring Julie Andrews.

Some of the televisions are broken, so we hollowed them out and use them as aquariums now.

Hope everyone likes fish.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Curaga I love you! and what with the charizard people?
anywho GK THIS FRIDAY!!! people should come just to hang out ill be there.
I could try to make it friday, but idk. BTW do you guys meet up there at all on a specific night for brawl? I would love to see if we could get a usual smashfest going at GK! Let me know if you have more info. I've only been there once, and it was very cool but there was only one other person that played smash with me and he wanted items on :(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This is probably very far from Miami, so unless this turns out to be big I probably won't go.

:069:

Curaga

Smash Ace
This is probably very far from Miami, so unless this turns out to be big I probably won't go.

:069:
Just as easy to get to as Gigabits from Miami I'd assume. Its actually about half an hour closer coming up from I-95.

It is RXgaming's intention to make this into a big tournament.

Also..

We're considering 10 dollar single entry; 10 dollar per person entry into teams~
And we're heavily considering refunding a 5 dollar door fee to players who enter BOTH tournaments. The only stipulation may be: you might get your 5 dollars returned if you enter ONE tournament, and bring a wii.

We're still throwing ideas back in forth.

But the date is now set in stone, as November 15th.

And the serious answer about televisions: vast majority of the televisions are the big tube TVs. The only variations are computer monitors that can be hooked up to consoles and a projector screen.. which will probably be used to display brackets.

So no latent cathode rays.

Good answer?

Super edit: OP has been editted a little. Tons more info to come.
I need FEEDBACK. Side events? Pricing acceptable? What interests you?

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Fezz, I'd go if I actually had a way to get there LOL

We got to play again man. I'll use yoshi this time :yoshi2:
yea that would be cool because i havent played a good yoshi yet, im really looking for that.

I could try to make it friday, but idk. BTW do you guys meet up there at all on a specific night for brawl? I would love to see if we could get a usual smashfest going at GK! Let me know if you have more info. I've only been there once, and it was very cool but there was only one other person that played smash with me and he wanted items on :(
yea that would be cool, we normally try to go on saturdays when there isnt a tourney. its only 5 after 8 so its pretty cheap. but we can start a different day if that day isnt good for people.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so lets review the pricing schemes

$10 singles
$10 doubles per person
$5 door (will be waivered if entering both tournaments or enter 1 and bring a wii)

Will there be any additional cuts as requested by the venue (like a % pot ****). so far the pricing is pretty fair, saving $5 off

the most decent driving route to deltona is from the turnpike into the I-4

vericz

Smash Champion
so lets review the pricing schemes

$10 singles
$10 doubles per person
$5 door (will be waivered if entering both tournaments or enter 1 and bring a wii)

Will there be any additional cuts as requested by the venue (like a % pot ****). so far the pricing is pretty fair, saving $5 off

the most decent driving route to deltona is from the turnpike into the I-4
they potrape hard

-Spike-

Smash Ace
yea that would be cool because i havent played a good yoshi yet, im really looking for that.

yea that would be cool, we normally try to go on saturdays when there isnt a tourney. its only 5 after 8 so its pretty cheap. but we can start a different day if that day isnt good for people.
Nah saturdays is fine. I just have to find a saturday when I can break away from my girlfriend lol. Ill see if i cant make it sumtime tho!

Curaga

Smash Ace
they potrape hard

Do me a favor and don't make accusations and statements when you aren't running the event, and don't know anything.

kthx

To answer NeverShootMe's question, we're considering how that should be handled and what would be most fair. The reasoning behind us refunding the door fee, is that we don't want to have players spend more than twenty dollars to be part of this event. (10 for singles, 10 for doubles) However, like most tournaments, we also can't host a tournament without some compensation. So to alleviate any ideas of "pot ****" we've decided that refunding the door fee would be welcomed.. so that not only the top three players can receive the benefits.

We're considering 20%. So, if 50 players were to enter singles.. the pot would be $400.

We're still playing with details, but both GK and RXgaming are believers in "power to the players" and we want to run this event for the community, not for gain.

Larry (the owner of GK) and myself are still planning, so nothing is final until its in the OP.

Thanks for your diplomacy in this thread, NSM. :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'm definately going to this.

Only question is why is it on sunday?

It'd be great if there was a Gigs or FL Gaming the day before in Orlando.

I think i would fall in love with you guys and that weekend if that's the case.

Im willing to give my full help to running the tourny since its on a sunday and im gona have to get back ASAP in time for sleep for school. :)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol i'll prolly show up to this just cause i like the RXgaming crew

lol at vericz causing drama

20% is like not a lot at all

****'s a business, i was expecting you guys to say more

lol no one cares about Gigs massive Graping of the pot (then again so many people show up so it's effects aren't as......... noticable i guess lololololol i'm tired)

Curaga

Smash Ace
Oh I see. XD

Well thanks for clarifying.

And cool to hear you'll be here Seibrik. Its on a Sunday because GK is closed usually on Sundays.. and we won't have to worry about 100 other people using up TVs to use the arcade.

Unlike how Gigs is still technically operational when theres a tournament. You know?

btw..

I know its far off but..

Side event tournaments MIGHT be held in addition, depending on interest:
Potentially SSBB low-tier, Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue, SSBM, or Tekken 6

Any side event tournament will be run as a WINNER TAKES ALL and will either be $1 entry or $3.
$2 entry would just be ridiculous.
- This

Curaga

Smash Ace
By this tourny, i will have already wrecked all of georgia, so my name might help them come down ;)
Ah yes.

An announcement to United States and the World is in order..

Florida Smashers are omnipotent! Come to GKB and attempt to take on some of the most advanced players, we're ready to fight for our title as the best!

I think a statement such as that would be adequate.

More updating of the OP tonight; once the OP is finished/polished I'll make a duplicate thread in the general/global tournament announcements and try to fish more players.
---------------------------------

Also, feed back on side events is most certainly welcomed!

As well as your opinions on implimenting STAGE STRIKING.

Also.. I'd like to see some crew battles happen here;
(Btw, how do they work in brawl? lol)

RXgaming declares war on all other gaming crews regardless of our rule/structure ignorance! :p

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
IMO Crews is more important than any side event ever.

So if I had to pick one, It'd be either A crew battle, or a side CrewBattle Tourny. for like 3 bucks like u said or somethin.

maybe 5-10 bucks a crew, 5 person crews and 2 alts. So up to 7 people.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Yay! i now need a crew so i can enter. we will be known as the Tea Cups and will be feared through out the world!

anywho on a realistic point i think that if a ton of you major players show up to this that should be enough to get people to show up.

All of Florida should use stage striking, so down.

vericz

Smash Champion
I'm not making any Accusations and I actually know A LOT about how gameknights does business and how their tournaments are.

1st. It's on a Sunday. These guys are in it for money and only do tourneys on Sundays cause they are afraid to lose business. Not a bad thing but this

2nd. Causes players not to go. I've seen many of their tourneys fail because of this fact and only a few teams/players attend.

3rd. They take from the pot. And from what previous tourney winners told me, it's a lot

hopefully they do better for this. And oh

4th. Just realized this is brawl only. I'm done on this thread.

PEACE

Vilt

Smash Lord
Seeing as RX Gaming saved my *** on live stream action for HERB2, I will gladly return the favor. Not too sure on it yet but I will do my best to be at this. xD And I'll bring any NC peeps who wanna come.

HRNUT I want your marth MM xD

Curaga

Smash Ace
I'm not making any Accusations and I actually know A LOT about how gameknights does business and how their tournaments are.

1st. It's on a Sunday. These guys are in it for money and only do tourneys on Sundays cause they are afraid to lose business. Not a bad thing but this

2nd. Causes players not to go. I've seen many of their tourneys fail because of this fact and only a few teams/players attend.

3rd. They take from the pot. And from what previous tourney winners told me, it's a lot

hopefully they do better for this. And oh

4th. Just realized this is brawl only. I'm done on this thread.

PEACE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR1oLlkqqW0

Oh. You mean Lbron or Rei, the top two from the last tournament?
Oh, and to reply in the cute way you set it up..

1st. You don't know what you're talking about. Its on a Sunday so that the venue is exclusive to Smash players who are attending and does not conflict with a normal business day. This is not a hotel venue, or a house tournament.

2nd. You don't know what you're talking about. Have you really SEEN their Brawl tournaments fail? Thats nifty, considering that they've only run two ever and the last one was a success, with oh wait.. RXgaming video documentation of epic win. Besides, thats why Gox and I are teaming up with them to make their tournaments even better.

3rd. You don't know what you're talking about. I've already stated how the pot will work.

4th. Good.

~Vilt!! Yes! Please come, we'd love for North Carolina to have a presence here. :D

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Im down for crew battlez! The best part about this is Gk is only like a 15 in drive for me whereas gigs is like 35 min and i would have to pay tolls! Im so excited for this. I only wish it were sooner =( Hopefully all goes well with this event and there will be more to come in the future!

vericz

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR1oLlkqqW0

Oh. You mean Lbron or Rei, the top two from the last tournament?
Oh, and to reply in the cute way you set it up..

1st. You don't know what you're talking about. Its on a Sunday so that the venue is exclusive to Smash players who are attending and does not conflict with a normal business day. This is not a hotel venue, or a house tournament.

2nd. You don't know what you're talking about. Have you really SEEN their Brawl tournaments fail? Thats nifty, considering that they've only run two ever and the last one was a success, with oh wait.. RXgaming video documentation of epic win. Besides, thats why Gox and I are teaming up with them to make their tournaments even better.

3rd. You don't know what you're talking about. I've already stated how the pot will work.

4th. Good.

~Vilt!! Yes! Please come, we'd love for North Carolina to have a presence here. :D
lol ewww Gameknights + brawl

*Forgot to unsubscribe

Curaga

Smash Ace
RXgaming is considering a pot bonus to Out of State players who place within the Top 3 of either tournament. This has not been set in stone yet, but it is being heavily considering to reward such a player with anywhere from an additional $50 to $100.

Consider this a challenge as well as an open armed welcome to OOS players if this becomes fact.

Again~ comments, concerns, suggestions?

Thanks

Toneh

Smash Lord
So to alleviate any ideas of "pot ****" we've decided that refunding the door fee would be welcomed.. so that not only the top three players can receive the benefits.

We're considering 20%.
so are they taking from the pot and doing a door fee?
usually you do 1 or the other. Both is just overkill.

Curaga

Smash Ace
so are they taking from the pot and doing a door fee?
usually you do 1 or the other. Both is just overkill.
Door fee will be refunded to a player who enters both doubles and singles; or enters one of the tournaments and brings a wii to use for the tournament.

Top Bottom