• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure this is how it is everywhere. like Gigs does this in my understanding and idk for sure yet but i think zero ping did to.

if im wrong then im sorry but i think im right and anywho 20% of the pot isnt that much so it should be to much of a thing to worry over.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Im pretty sure this is how it is everywhere. like Gigs does this in my understanding and idk for sure yet but i think zero ping did to.

if im wrong then im sorry but i think im right and anywho 20% of the pot isnt that much so it should be to much of a thing to worry over.
Lee's tourney was just a simple $5 door and $10 each tourney with no additional pot ****.

gigs does 30% on $15 which is equivalent to $5 door fee, dunno if that constitutes as pot ******'

an example of additional pot **** is the old monthlies at play n trade in ft lauderdale. $5 door, $10 each tourney, and 10% taken from pot cuz management said so

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
with the notion that i'll be able to watch football while im there, i'll be here

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Something I want to emphasize...
We'll make this tournament FUN

With the same technical knowledge that brought you a livestream of HERB 2 with live commentary and music requests, we can do some even cooler **** having control of the venue and tournament.

Projector screen will be set up to broadcast key matches, brackets, and crew bracket results.
(No worries for the players...you get to look at your own TV while everyone else watches the projector). Everything from the projector will simultaneously be available on a livestream.

Commentary by the full RX Crew!
You might not know all of us unless you watch our commentary vids, but we like to make things really entertaining. Same goes for our live events.

More refinements to our technology! More reliable and better quality livestream! The ability for us to cut away from video of the match to a shot of the players with the flick of a switch.

There's some other ideas we're thinking of too.
Raffle event, Live music requests, ect.
Let us know if you think of any really cool stuff that you'd like to see happen.

I'll also look into setting up pre-registration. Sounds like a good idea so we can better anticipate the amount of players and crew battles. Players and Crews can give us some background-information beforehand so we have something to talk about on the mic during matches.

CO18

Smash Hero
Make another one sooner plz -.- CFL is lacking in the tourney department right now. Youd get ppl to come.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Make another one sooner plz -.- CFL is lacking in the tourney department right now. Youd get ppl to come.
Well theres no reason we can't just hold smashfests at GameKnights up until the big day.

Spike had the right idea. :)

I want to also assure you that our leader Gox, is in fact a champion.

World Champion.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Whoa Rx, I really like how your trying to put Smash on the map.

Mad respect about that. Definately more people need to know about this game(melee and brawl)

Curaga

Smash Ace
Small note: Norfair has been added as a counter pick stage.

Also, OP has been updated yet again to include Gox's epic RXgaming post.

Will you be attending PolMex?

Curaga

Smash Ace
There are going to be probably 7 RXgaming members at this tournament.

We will handle any disputes or broken rules.

Although Norfair may present some disagreeable advents, its positives are definite. Honorable players will not abuse the stage, those who are dishonorable will be dealt with/warned; whatever.

Ah yes, send anything you'd like to Gox. I'm just the pretty face that runs public relations, Gox is the mastermind of RXgaming.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I used this for my last tournament and at most to keep me a bit organized to see who came and who didn't. quote this and enlarge text to show this **** exists... better than you guys updating the thread to add names, this does it better and easier. plus I gave u guys my template that I simply developed (don't quote these words, quote the links)

Pre-Register Form

Spreadsheet list of all players planning to participate

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo which one is Gox? Sean??? lol that dude's cool hahaha

RX GAMINGGGGGGGGGG lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
doooooooont use norfair im telling u

u can't just "deal" with dishonorable players, running out the clock is not against the law as long as its not stalling where ur opponent can't hit u, but running away with a good lead, is easy to do with THAT level. why include that "not" fun in ur tourny when u can just, not have it?

ur literall deciding to make 1/3rd of everyones sets suck.
thanks.

and this new update is especially suprising when ur making posts and claims that garuntee this tourny to be all about the "Fun"

AfroQT

Smash Master
No ones going to pick Norfair UNLESS they plan on playing dishonorably, rofl.

No one says "you know what, i truly enjoy fighting my opponent on Norfair, lets fight there".
People pick Norfair because they know they can abuse something about the stage. Usually by running away the whole time.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl Norfair and Japes on....Hell yeah.

Im already looking forward to the Fun.

But by fun i mean frustration/anger.

GOX

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I'll say that I'm anti Norfair...

nsm - Thanks for the template...it gives me a good idea for which fields to include, but I'd like everyone to hold off on using it until I have a chance to edit it and add a couple more fields. The official pre-reg form will be posted in the OP...I should get around to that sometime this week.

Eric (curaga) - Thanks for keeping this all updated :)

Hmm...As good as it would be, I doubt we could get Larry to schedule this tourney on Saturday (nov 14). I like the bonus incentive for attracting OOS players, but they'll likely have to skip school/work the next day.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol norfair is so funny

i'll pick it every time cause it's such a funny stage

STARFOX64 FLAME **** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOX

Smash Apprentice
My proposal - If a player chooses Norfair, they must wear a hat which says ENORMOUS F@GGOT for the rest of the tournament.

...FUN!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if i needed norfair to win a set, i'd choose it if that hat had *****, REAL *****, pasted to it.

Playing norfair is already shameful enough, the money in my pocket wont have any less value the next day, its still gona buy the same ****.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol it's official

i'm gonna counterpick someone to norfair and just spam C4 and stuff

and wait for the STARFOX64 FLAMES UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol you playin snake for real now?
Snake is the manliest of men.

SInce we're going all the way with stages can i get Big Blue on?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW STARFOX FLAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOWNOW

if the hosts don't like the stage why the *** is it a counterpick??

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Eric's idea?

In all seriousness, I'm thinking we'll ban it since that's what the community at large wants.

Gindler

Smash Champion
It's not that bad of a level, if you're fighting MK/wario then it's just awful.

So this is 30 minutes away from UCF then?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
nah it's only bad if you're fighting MK

or gay wario's that "aircamp"

specification boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Curaga

Smash Ace
See, this is what I wanted: Feedback.

I had some people request Norfair, and now I have a ton of you guys saying to get rid of it.

It is removed from the list.

I was really looking forward to the "Enormous F@ggot" hats though. =(

If I were truly mad with power I'd make pirate ship and corneria legal. XD

Thanks for the hasty replies.

Top Bottom