• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

nevershootme

Smash Master
See, this is what I wanted: Feedback.

I had some people request Norfair, and now I have a ton of you guys saying to get rid of it.

It is removed from the list.

I was really looking forward to the "Enormous F@ggot" hats though. =(

If I were truly mad with power I'd make pirate ship and corneria legal. XD

Thanks for the hasty replies.
I highly suggest getting rid of japes too. or make the f@ggot hats for that with crocodile heads. that stage has been nothing but trouble for most players

and curaga, fix the 1st post with my pre-reg links for u to use, they've been ready

Curaga

Smash Ace
We're keeping Japes. If a player has a problem with Japes, he has the ability to ban Japes for his sets.
Its a great counter pick stage for characters that kill up, Fox included. So I'm not being crafty. :p
The hats will be considered heavily.

Sean/Gox will take a look at what you've made NSM, and he will handle it. :)

By the way, I've made a duplicate of this thread in the global thread listings. If you want to attract OOS, I suggest you throw in some tidbits of info in there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8148292#post8148292

The OP is almost completely done and polished. Then we start Round 2.. Hype.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Well theres no reason we can't just hold smashfests at GameKnights up until the big day.

Spike had the right idea. :)

I want to also assure you that our leader Gox, is in fact a champion.

World Champion.
So are you guys really gonna have smashfests here. If so let me know what days/times and I can probably come.

Gindler

Smash Champion
nah it's only bad if you're fighting MK

or gay wario's that "aircamp"

specification boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Oh, my B bro

I highly suggest getting rid of japes too. or make the f@ggot hats for that with crocodile heads. that stage has been nothing but trouble for most players

and curaga, fix the 1st post with my pre-reg links for u to use, they've been ready
Japes isn't too bad, I only CP it vs. Falco's anyway just for funzies. And I'm a MAN!!!

Curaga

Smash Ace
We're building a pre-registration form on our website. Expect Gox to post that up soon.

OP will be updated again today~

We'll be discussing potential Smashfests in the near future too.

Thank you.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Why not get rid of every counter pick and just play on the neutral stages? No one could complain then and a stage that I feel should not be eliminated will not be eliminated because of the community being absolutely assy McGee about it.

Just make the stage list four stages deep and all problems are solved. That is my suggestion.

...taking away Japes because it is a bad stage for Snake... IS THAT NOT WHAT A COUNTER PICK IS FOR?

Curaga

Smash Ace
Ill come to this if I can find enough people to come with me.
Please do! And bring lots more Georgians with you. :D

OP is pretty much complete, aside from a picture we're developing for Hype.

Our goal is an attendance of over 80+ people, with OOS welcome.

We are currently in the process of figuring out what kind of OOS pot bonus would be acceptable.

We are debating a bonus $50-$100 per OOS player who places top 3.

More info on that to come in the future.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
But Japes is staying on, so I don't see what the argument here is.
I was not arguing it in that fashion, more trying to explain how dumb people sound complaining about a counter pick that is very much a counter pick. Same thing happened with Luigi's Mansion and I think it is pretty stupid.

And people used to be just like you about Luigi's Mansion as well, and now it is banned.

AfroQT

Smash Master
That thinking is so wrong bro.
Im sure Big Blue is good for some characters, and terrible for some others, yet its not tournament playable because the stage takes away from every single competitive aspect of the game. Norfair does the same thing and so does Luigi's (and Japes).

Counterpicking should be about playing on a stage that your character does very well on, not picking a stage that destroys other characters. Its because of the horrible horrible CP stages that so many people pick meta knight. No one wants to play on Luigis, Norfair, Japes, RC with a char that isnt good on that stage AGAINST a char thats good on that stage...when they can just go MK.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
That thinking is so wrong bro.
Im sure Big Blue is good for some characters, and terrible for some others, yet its not tournament playable because the stage takes away from every single competitive aspect of the game. Norfair does the same thing and so does Luigi's (and Japes).

Counterpicking should be about playing on a stage that your character does very well on, not picking a stage that destroys other characters. Its because of the horrible horrible CP stages that so many people pick meta knight. No one wants to play on Luigis, Norfair, Japes, RC with a char that isnt good on that stage AGAINST a char thats good on that stage...when they can just go MK.
It is called COUNTERPICKING, Afro. The idea, by nature, is to counterpick the opponents character with a stage. You have it wrong this time. You can always strike the stage. And if you forget, that is no ones fault but your own.

What you described is called pro-picking. Which is picking a stage that is in favor of your character.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
In the end, skill should be the overriding factor for the winner of the match, and stages like Luigi's, Norfair, and to some extent, RC and Japes deter from that. Excessive camping and abusing the stage mechanics takes away from the overall competitiveness, and those stages allow it.

AfroQT

Smash Master
It is called COUNTERPICKING, Afro. The idea, by nature, is to counterpick the opponents character with a stage. You have it wrong this time. You can always strike the stage. And if you forget, that is no ones fault but your own.

What you described is called pro-picking. Which is picking a stage that is in favor of your character.
With Japes, Norfair, Luigis AND RC on...you cant possibly strike all 4.

You can believe that, but like i said i dont wanna hear anything about MK. Alot of people arent going to want to stay there main if they dont do exceptionally well on those stages (or even okay). THe counterpicks are the reason(well one of many) we have so many MK problems.

Brawl will NEVER be viewed as a real competitive game (which is what we should be striving toward) until people realize its about making a even ground, and the best player winning. Our counterpick system only destroys our metagame imo.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
With Japes, Norfair, Luigis AND RC on...you cant possibly strike all 4.

You can believe that, but like i said i dont wanna hear anything about MK. Alot of people arent going to want to stay there main if they dont do exceptionally well on those stages (or even okay). THe counterpicks are the reason(well one of many) we have so many MK problems.

Brawl will NEVER be viewed as a real competitive game (which is what we should be striving toward) until people realize its about making a even ground, and the best player winning. Our counterpick system only destroys our metagame imo.
Every match on FD then? Gogogo!!!

AfroQT

Smash Master
Every match doesnt have to be on FD, there are good CP stages....but most of them are ridiculous...

The neutrals are all fine imo.

CO18

Smash Hero
Stages are good now.

And Im DEFINITLEY COMING. HRnut is gonna be there!!! Holy ****ttt OMGGGG HYPEEE!!!! :) :) :)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i think that i'm gonna need a teammate, co18, riddle, chaz???? i'm only striving for top 3 so i'm only trying to team with people that i think have the potential to actually win the tourney, someone with lots of matchup exp

And i'm definitely coming, OMG its CO18 (king of chaingrabs) i'll be there and i'll be taking mms from almost anyone

i'm only gonna play falco, marth, kirby, snake in mms i may do mk if someone really wants me to but i probably won't

so far its
vilt 5$ (vs marth)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i think that i'm gonna need a teammate, co18, riddle, chaz???? i'm only striving for top 3 so i'm only trying to team with people that i think have the potential to actually win the tourney, someone with lots of matchup exp

And i'm definitely coming, OMG its CO18 (king of chaingrabs) i'll be there and i'll be taking mms from almost anyone

i'm only gonna play falco, marth, kirby, snake in mms i may do mk if someone really wants me to but i probably won't

so far its
vilt 5$ (vs marth)
Gdx isn't going? You and him do very well 2gether on teams.

lord karn

Smash Master
Seeing as RX Gaming saved my *** on live stream action for HERB2, I will gladly return the favor. Not too sure on it yet but I will do my best to be at this. xD And I'll bring any NC peeps who wanna come.

HRNUT I want your marth MM xD
Take me!

10mes

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

so far its
vilt 5$ (vs marth)
Gdx isn't going? You and him do very well 2gether on teams.
as far as i knew im going...

guess i need a teammate now for this tourney

:(

/ditchedagain

nevershootme

Smash Master
now that you live in orlando, im sure you can find a perma-teammate to go to rouenys with, since theres so many smashers.
a grand majority don't wanna do doubles much -_- especially with money problems. either way i'll be scouting for new talent while at ucf...

but yea gdx, I think i shall practice from SFIV with u when you got time.... got me a TE stick. but i can't practice on PC :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
a grand majority don't wanna do doubles much -_- especially with money problems. either way i'll be scouting for new talent while at ucf...

but yea gdx, I think i shall practice from SFIV with u when you got time.... got me a TE stick. but i can't practice on PC :(
we can scrub it up on the stick together, cause i still suck *** on it :laugh:

you got it for 360 right?

and **** STEAM. (they have SFIV on PC, and steam is a piece of **** program)

nevershootme

Smash Master
we can scrub it up on the stick together, cause i still suck *** on it :laugh:

you got it for 360 right?

and **** STEAM. (they have SFIV on PC, and steam is a piece of **** program)
yea on 360 for the stick (i'm already used to it, just gotta learn what character to play in SFIV). well the pc version i got it through other means lol, pretty much practicing offline

Curaga

Smash Ace
apparently i was wrong he is going, guess me and him will be ******
Only if you can get past the Gox + Cure team..

DUN DUN DUN!!..

We're figuring out dates of which we can hold Smashfests/friendly get togethers at GK leading up to the big day. Making little announcements like this should ensure that you can meet up with other smashers whenever you decide to chill at GK. :)

Oh, and whats people's opinion on Kirby and DDD suicides? I'm considering making a rule where such tactics =/= a win. But I'd like the people's feed back.

Thanks

a grand majority don't wanna do doubles much -_- especially with money problems.
Entering both events refunds the five dollar door fee. So why not? :D

nevershootme

Smash Master
Oh, and whats people's opinion on Kirby and DDD suicides? I'm considering making a rule where such tactics =/= a win. But I'd like the people's feed back.
those 2 cases, adding wario too. are tough to call since there's chances of the surviving character escaping their inhale (or bite) and tech or footstool to escape. if all else for a debate. have them save the match and look it over. if all else, tell them to redo the match

-Spike-

Smash Ace

Well try teamin sumtime at smashfests and see how it works out.

But i do have a partner in mind for this already.

Top Bottom