• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
honestly, the choice of whether to locket or not is all about how hard your character scales with CDR IMHO. If you don't have any special CDR incentives, mog's/omen/sunfire are generally better builds, but on guys like olaf/xin who have huge CDR incentives, they do quite well to go kindlegem -> choose 1 of mog's/omen/sunfire -> locket IMO.

Dekar173

Justice Man
The stats on solari are godly. It's built on a lot of the "best" players for a reason. The active is just icing on the cake.

Edit: It doesn't take away from Warmog's being a godly item as well, it's just Solari is CHEAP AS HELL and gives a LOT of different great (relevant) stats.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
agreed, don't get me wrong, I'm a big proponent of locket, but particularly in top lane, I'm finding that the locket rush tends to leave you with a lull in 1v1 power as compared to sitting on the early kindlegem and completing a single giant's belt item before completing locket. locket gives very good stat efficiency, but it doesn't get up to mog's/sunfire levels of efficiency until you start factoring in multi-target activations.

i will find peace

Smash Rookie
good people building an item doesnt make the item good

an item being good doesnt mean you should build it when there are better alternatives

i was actually going to write a whole paragraph in the first post about how champs that scale with cdr can get it from other items and be more well rounded but really no point

solari is not a good item for bruisers or top lanes because you need to be doing other things with your gold. who cares if its gold efficient, so is twin shadows for every manaless caster in the game. an item being gold efficient isnt important if there are better items for your champion lol

and if you watch ogn, the BEST players in the world just build warmogs on all their bruisers and tanks. never locket. theres no place for locket. if it gave mana regen or something then maybe it would be passable as a rush item to provide general utility for some mana reliant tank. its just too awkward if you want to br relevant

S

smash brawl player 99021

Lol, Tibbers looks badass. But

gross.
Annie got a trashy 40-year-old's makeup cakeup face put on her.

She looks like a dwarf more than a child now.
she looks eh.

new incinerate animation looks sexy though.

more excited for the splash art than anything

hot arms are you stalking me

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I just started playing 2 weeks ago, I'd really like some people to play with so if anyone has a smurf or wouldn't mind me in their team add me: Hotarms

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't get over how ****ing amazing Tibbers looks now. He's such a baller.
I saw at picture on surrenderat20 yesterday, and then I looked for similar comparisons of the other visual reworks (ashe, tf, nidalee etc) but I couldn't find any. Do other pictures like that even exist?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Lol, Tibbers looks badass. But

gross.
Annie got a trashy 40-year-old's makeup cakeup face put on her.

She looks like a dwarf more than a child now.
That's the fault of her face rather than trashy make-up, I'd say. Old Annie still had eyeliner. She probs just has rosy cheeks, but those lips... yeah.

Either way, you're not going to see her face in game.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Do they have a visual update for Annie in Wonderland?

I feel like they are making her look more like he Japanese splash art with this rework.
Since she seems to look older and taller.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
does anyone have a spreadsheet or some site that lists the gold values of stats for s3? been looking around but I could only find outdated ones

Niko45

Smash Master
What you guys think of jungle Riven? Seems pretty strong to me and with buffs to the jungle gold maybe she can carry from there?

Really I wish they would buff exp from jungle cause it seems so freaking easy to fall behind if ur not playing someone with godly clear time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What you guys think of jungle Riven? Seems pretty strong to me and with buffs to the jungle gold maybe she can carry from there?

Really I wish they would buff exp from jungle cause it seems so freaking easy to fall behind if ur not playing someone with godly clear time.

I fall behind in every game I play. I assumed it was a problem that only I had.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Why is Garen picked less often?

Garen is really good against bad players/teams, but otherwise pretty mediocre.

The main problem is that he has no good escapes from a bad situation and nothing to help get past any crowd control the opposing team may have (other than slows, maybe). If those things never come up then he's actually quite excellent.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Garen is really good against bad players/teams, but otherwise pretty mediocre.

The main problem is that he has no good escapes from a bad situation and nothing to help get past any crowd control the opposing team may have (other than slows, maybe). If those things never come up then he's actually quite excellent.
Swing and a miss. Garen is very strong period, EOM.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
EOM? I looked it up and apparently that means end of message.

I disagree that Garen is that good but feel free to prove me wrong on stream!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Applies max Cleaver stacks to everyone on enemy team with one spell... then executes one person.

Also Warmogs + his passive being stupidly good in lane now.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hang on, iG is playing without a ranged AD carry and has Xerath mid. All other arguments are invalid for now.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Would anyone be willing to help me get to 1500? I'd like to be gold before this new system comes into play...
I'm 1400 right now, highest is 1499. I generally play well and win my lane, but I don't always "carry" enough to win the games...just wondering if any really good player would be willing to help me win 7-8 games somehow lol

Top Bottom