• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev XII - Using the Original Venue! Bring Setups! Donate for PP to come to WGF!

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master

G revolution
presents
Stab's 949 area Melee tourney XII

Host:

Stabbedbyanipple

Co-Host(s):

When & Where

Date: January, 8th

Schedule:

Warmups/setting up: 11:00 AM
Doubles start: 1:00 PM
Singles pools start: 3:00 PM
Singles bracket starts: After Pools
Venue closes at 9~10 PM

Cost:

Singles: $5
Doubles: $10
Venue Fee: $3

Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

There are also discounts for the venue fee.

TV is $2 discount
Cube is $1 discount
Power strip is $1 discount

The discounts stack so if you bring TV + Cube or anyone other combinations, they add together. If it carries over into the negatives then I'll contribute to your singles fee. The discount goes all the way up to $13 dollars if you bring multiple setups (past that, I have nothing to refund you).

I will only give you the discount for your cube/tv once it's matched up with a cube/tv and up and running.

Set-Ups

TVs:
1. Stab
2. Okami
3. MacD
4. Dantefox
5. Baka4moe
6. Signia

Cubes/Wiis:
1. Stab
2. Okami
3. Bizzaro Flame
4. MacD
5. Dantefox
6. Baka4moe
7. Signia

Power strips
1. Stab
2. Stab
3. Okami
4. Okami
5. Bizzaro Flame
6. Baka4moe

Venue Rules:

1. No smoking or Alcohol in or around the venue!
2. CLEAN YOUR **** UP! IF THE VENUE IS LEFT MESSY I DON'T GET MY DEPOSIT BACK!!!!!
3. Don't spill ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Be respectful of the lady who sits at the desk because she works there (although all she does is play WoW).
5. Don't be too rowdy!

Melee Rules

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* All Semi-Finals are best of 5 matches
* All Finals are best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned even though it's funny.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Masterhand is banned
* Wobbling is NOT banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
*Pokemon Stadium (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -

* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium (Singles)
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Mute City
* Corneria
* Pokefloats
* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Green Greens

- Set Order -

* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
* The first match is played.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

MISCELLANEOUS

Venue Features:

attention everybody

you do not have to take toll roads to get to the venue

instead, you can continue on I-5 until you reach Bake Rd

exit here, then take the road all the way to Portola Parkway (it's like ten or twenty miles)

i found this out from jenny on the way back

it's much, much easier and less hasslesome
hopefully that's a help
* Kitchen
* Workout Equipment
* A Pool/Jacuzzi
* Tennis Court

Food:

* Pizza
* Water

Contact Info:

Stabbedbyanipple: AIM = Stabbedbyahippie, Cell Number = 1-949-266-4076,

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
TO REITERATE

WE'RE NOT USING THE IRVINE VENUE

We're back to the old G-rev venue, the one we used for the first 8. That means less room unfortunately but better parking at least and a pool you can use if you want, I guess lol

Please POST if you're bringing a setup, so that I can list you in the first post.

We're also buying pizza like we did for the first 8 tournaments, since we lack a grill lol

Uh....yeah, that's it I think. If we have time and I want to have fun with it, I might run 2 rounds of pools with an 8 man bracket lol

JDM

Smash Champion
My birthday is on the 9th.

Free entry to singles and doubles? (I'll actually try now)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
oh hmm i was gonna do a triweekly on this date, ah well. I might show up to this with a few SD folk

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
What city do you live in? I'm going from Exit 78: Oso Pkwy up the 405 to Culver to pick someone up, and then on Bake to the tournament. If you're on my way, I can get you.

P.S. I wanna make it out of pools. Making it top 8 who make it out is deterring me. :/

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Dr. PeePee Donations!

So pat informed me that he's trying to raise $$$$ to get PP out to Winter GameFest.

To help him out, I'll have a can/envelope for donations if anyone wants to be nice enough to throw in some money.

Pat has about 50 already and the ticket costs ~250 so lets try our best to raise that 200!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If crews did happen, would they be draft crews like at Ownapalooza with no entry fee or OC3 style crews like at DGDTJ with an entry fee? We can do everything if there are enough set ups but based on the set ups Stab had in the past, doing two rounds of pools with crews may cause us to not finish on time.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
IF crews did happen (I don't think there's much interest in them though so don't plan on it), they'd be free draft crews.

Also, Doubles and Singles are absolutely going to start at the designated time (1:00 clock and 3:00 clock respectively). If you guys want to finish at a reasonable time, we gotta start at a reasonable time!

I was thinking of making a late fee but I figure, 1) if pat doesn't need one, neither do I. 2) You guys are the ones who want to finish early so that should be motivation to show up on time by itself.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Are you going to MM Dante again (since he is from SB), or will you just MM new SB people only? How close was the MM that you beat Dante last time at the Ranbat? What characters did both of you use? Was it Fox versus Marth?
I won 2-0

2 stock'd him I think....I just mm someone from SB area since the only person I know that goes there is...DanteFox....that one Ganon player....and freaking Unknown haha

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I think you can only get internet in there via the ethernet cable and there's only one. So I guess yea, if no one else is using it. (The lady that works there from 12 to 3 or some **** uses it btw)

REMEMBER TO BRING SET-UPS EVERYONE! WE'LL PROBABLY NEED A LOT OF THEM!

Top Bottom