• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev XII - Using the Original Venue! Bring Setups! Donate for PP to come to WGF!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
MacD-You should've gone Falco after the first game anyways. Could've given me first seed. :)
Smoke2jointz-I 'always' play you and PsychoTheMidget at every SoCal tournament...rigged.
Lucky('s Falcon)-You so good. Thanks for joining our draft crew. ^^
Stab-I hate to say it...but I think you may be better than Rubyiris. Gotta practice on Axe and Forward's Falco now to beat you...
Okami-Fix your computer so frames stop dropping during matches.
Rickety-Your Sheik is really really cool. Don't stop playing her! We'll have to play some more next tournament I'm at in SoCal! <3
Squid-Intense set...you'll probably get me next time X_X
HugQ-You are such an excellent Samus player! I can't wait to play you next time. It was really fun.
Bizzaro Flame-Sheik is not gay...she's a ninja!
Shiv-That was some solid stuff in doubles. Rotom-S @Balloon with BP'd Magnet Rise had Freefall used on it!
Jun-Awesome friendlies! You had the Marth death pool.
Signia-You my hero.

P.S. Obama is coming to my school tomorrow.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dude for some odd reason...I'm like super hype for the videos of the crew battle haha

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts:

to irvine koreans, kirbyraeg, stabbed

please never commentate my matches again thanks

(actual shoutouts coming later)

MacD

Banned via Administration
seriously

stab, why did you leave commentary on if you knew no one was going to commentate?

i mean people trying to commentate and it being bad is one thing

but if people aren't even trying, why leave it on

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
you know that i am always thankful to you stab for everything. it's just that saying "thank you" gets gay after a while, but we're all deeply thankful from the bottom of our hearts. i mean, what would so-cal be without stab?

P.S. sorry, i forgot to donate to PP's fund

MacD

One final thing: I go through the effort of recording/uploading these vids at no expense to anyone, and for some reason people still think they should complain about commentary, rudely ask me to upload matches faster, blah blah blah etc. But hey, it's all worth it when people give me a simple "thank you" =)

Oh wait, NO ONE EVER SAYS THANK YOU!
lol at the like 5 edits but here are some links you should click

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11864996&postcount=12

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11437054&postcount=3

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11439843&postcount=4

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11509873&postcount=13

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11102976&postcount=11

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10791061&postcount=3

maybe they all don't say thank you straight up, but they all mean it in some way or another (and that doesn't include the people who have said it on your channel or the vids themselves or in other threads etc)

and at least those of us in your area said it when you started uploading and stuff how amazing you are and how much we love it and appreciate it, i try and get you subs too. it sorta becomes the unsaid thank you, we all are grateful for it and we figure you know so

no need to throw a fit cause we say the commentary wasn't commentary and that you shouldn't have turned it on in the first place because no one wanted to commentate. criticism always comes up, no need to take it personal because people complain you turned on the commentary for no one to commentate on.

side note, as a host, do you say thank you every time to all the people who help you seed brackets/pools, record matches, and run things? if we didn't all do this, you couldn't go play as many friendlies as you always get to.

ps, i still wish you'd upload in at least 480 quality :(

Kira-

Smash Champion
Uh, pretty sure I tried really hard to commentate. Like really hard. About Touhou.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Daaaaaaaaaamn.

Y'know, while I was sitting there playing, I really didn't think that we'd completely dominate the audio of the matches. Plus I was just playing my game, but like i commented on a couple of the matches pleeeeeeeease never let me set up next to the recording computer. I didn't think it would turn out quite that badly.

You can always just mute it, but I know that isn't really the point.

p.s.

Shoutouts:

to irvine koreans, kirbyraeg, stabbed

please never commentate my matches again thanks

(actual shoutouts coming later)
unnecessary

JDM

Smash Champion
Any form of "commentary" on a video >>>> game audio.

And stab can't record in 480p.
But I can record in 1080p :p

Jun.

Smash Lord
complete silence is the worst though

I feel like a freak watching matches that are silent. Almost makes me feel like I have no pants on and don't realize it or something iykwim

JDM

Smash Champion
Yeah the better quality the longer it takes to upload.

My 12 minute 720p video takes 3 hours to upload. (And alot of raging brothers in the house @ slow internet)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
side note, as a host, do you say thank you every time to all the people who help you seed brackets/pools, record matches, and run things? if we didn't all do this, you couldn't go play as many friendlies as you always get to.
I take extra care to thank everyone who helped me in the shout-outs. Unless what the did was super-minuscule.

About 480p

1) It takes longer to upload
2) I record in the same quality, the difference is how I upload. Actually, that's not entirely true, sometimes I change the settings to make the vids brighter so it's not super dark on stages like battlefield.
3) It may not SAY 480p but the quality is essentially the same. 360p on the old vids is reaaaally ****ty. Only noticeable difference between old vids and current vids is that the old vids were a little bigger/blurrier and the current ones are a little smaller/crisper.

D

Deleted member

stab i don't get why you got mad over me asking politely to never commentate my matches again

firstly not only is it sorta rude since you aren't even paying attention, 2ndly it also makes you a f@ggot

i'm sure nobody would enjoy it if one of the first times you beat people better than you that some idiots take a dump on the commentary. I've never beaten Lucky/Fly in losers and they were also amazing sets. If your commentary was funny like Derek/Brendan's then that is completely fine/ often better.

There is no need for ur pathetic nerd rage when all I did was ask for you guys to stop pooping on the audio. If you want your **** sucked then ur **** needs to be worth sucking. Plus me and many other people have helped you out in running tourneys and don't confront you whenever you make serious blunders

(more later gotta go to class lol)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
good **** s2j and macd!

i'm very glad i went to this tournament, it was a great wake up call. i really learned a lot about myself and what i need to work on now. :)

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Johnny : Sorry for pooping on the audio; I'm a scrub so I think I was just having a good time and wasn't thinking about how much some people cared about the commentary. I didn't think it'd turn out THAT bad, ahah. It won't happen again!

Stab : Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was hecka fun. I don't like playing in the negative hyped kitchen standing up though.

Paul : idk, you're my cousin. we're getting better at teams.

Bizzaro : You were totally sandbagging that game 2. LOL. Your ganon's amazing, it makes me proud to be a korean.

Big **** Master : the biggest.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
lol park, even when i tried throughout game 2 you still outplayed/outspaced me... it's a mark of a hidden talent embedded in you that you have to unlock for yourself. keep up the good work!

D

Deleted member

PRETTY ****ING SURE YOU DO!

And apparently, thanking someone = sucking their ****, now. WHO KNEW?!

I'm so sick of your bull****. Please do me the favor of never approaching me at tournaments for any reason (other than a tournament set). I'll be sure to do the same. Much obliged.
bro

when i ask for my teams money and you give it to eddy because its closer and he takes off without it (and you talking to him like hes a monkey will solve anything) isn't very smart

when you seed Jkun higher than Lanstar even though Lanstars better just because you don't want an all irvine pool thats in my opinion a serious offense because you just gimped somebody despite the fact that he is better. This isn't the first ****ing time u pulled that **** since for like 3 grevs in a row i faced mango/lucky/zhu 1st or 2nd round after i face them in pools

I have NEVER seen you seed correctly once in my life. I gave you advice on what to do based on what is logical and fair but I let it slide last tourney since you are the host

OR putting junkimchi in 2 separate pools and him playing all of his matches in both pools

If you look at pretty much any recent grev thread, i've either cohosted or offered to co-host. My thanks to you hosting is my offer to help as much as I can. I've ran tourneys from your venue as either a co-host or unofficially under the g-revolution name when you even said yourself that you didn't want to run the tournament. I've recorded key matches when nobody else was at the recorder. The fact that you need verbal thanks when my actions are apparent is a sign that ur either a *******, a ******, or a selfish guy who doesn't know even know that we're trying to help you out.

I really don't understand. Have you really been blind to the fact that I offer to help you out? That all I do is needle you to upload vids faster? I even sent u a ****ing cheat sheet for your math homework when u ask me when ur lazy *** should really do that stuff urself

ungrateful ******, give me a reason not to choke slam ur ***** *** next time i see you (this is a joke but it'd be hilarious, not the ungrateful ****** part though)

u REALLY thought i never helped u out ONCE .. LMAO

MacD

(and you talking to him like hes a monkey will solve anything)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO HAHAHAHAHAHAAH OMG, laughed at this for a good minute

and i heard them seeding pools, some big bias going on

really, what should have been done, was 1st seeds and 2nd seeds and maybe a few third seeds just cause they are good and shouldn't be in the same pool, and add location to people like SD and 818 or whatever

hit generate

and BAM, you have an amazing random pool thing, just check to make sure people from the same region aren't in the same pool, and people like anto/combofest aren't in the same pool since they obviously play each other alot

only reason i say this is cause when i was playing there, it didn't sound like this was going on at all and cause jun ended up in 2 pools, tio wouldn't let that happen

EDIT: i'm genuinely curious about this, any reason that even though you knew watching the football game was lagging the recording, you didn't stop it

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
EDIT: i'm genuinely curious about this, any reason that even though you knew watching the football game was lagging the recording, you didn't stop it
Anthony was the birthday boy and wanted to see the end, as well as a couple others around the laptop, and there was like 40 seconds left in the game.

JDM

Smash Champion
It wasn't lagging before when the "stream" was going on the entire day.

Football is a mans sport.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
out of curiosity, what do you guys mean by seeding for pools? like is that making sure that the expected people make it out?

MacD

It wasn't lagging before when the "stream" was going on the entire day.

Football is a mans sport.
that's what i thought, how weird

out of curiosity, what do you guys mean by seeding for pools? like is that making sure that the expected people make it out?
same thing as seeding the bracket

make sure that the good people are distributed so that there isn't a death pool in theory

HugS™

Smash Lord
Stab you dip****, you blocked me from posting on your videos because you can't handle criticism? What a surprise.

LOOOOL

Did you block connor? Johnny? Or the many others who thought you did an awful job with the piece of **** commentary in your videos? Are we all ungrateful?

I related your bad job with the videos to your hosting abilities. And naturally, you got incredibly defensive and played the classic host card. "Oh no look at me, I do so much for this community and no one appreciates it". We appreciate it, but we'd appreciate it more if you'd stop being such a clumsy dips**t and learned from your mistakes.

I made a connection between Grev videos and the tournament series that you're responsible for, and you got offended by that. You claimed that you fulfilled your duty as a host, and that the videos were simply a bonus, and essentially, we shouldn't come to expect any quality from the videos since it wasn't your responsibility to begin with. Gimme a f**king break.

The purpose of hosting is to have a successful tournament. Collecting money, advertising, paying people out, providing results, and the videos you put out YOURSELF all contribute to a quality tourney. The videos that YOU comment on, that YOU put out for YOUR tourney become a representation of you as a HOST.

Do you get it? As a player, if I know that my videos will be shaat on by your commentary, why in the F*CK would I feel great about you as a host?

Let's say you gave half a**ed results with inaccurate brackets and missing placements, would you claim that your sole duty was to host, and that we should be grateful for having any results at all?

Actually you know what, you probably would say such a thing. Rather than improve, you'll be incredibly quick to blame the community for being ungrateful.

You know who doesn't hear this kind of s**t from Socal? Champ, Neal, and Azn Lep, because they are GOOD hosts in every sense of the word, including videos, commentary, payouts, money collection, etc etc etc.

You wouldn't even have gotten any criticism if it wasn't YOU, the host himself, commentating like a dipsh*t on the videos on how much more entertaining "Thoho" is over melee, or whatever ****ing game it was. I would have much preferred if you didn't disrespect the s**t out of johnny by undermining his great wins over Lucky and Fly, and lessening the impact of McCain's win in the eyes of hundreds of viewers because your b*tch a** was playing Togopos.

F**cking klutz dude. I hope Johnny choke slams the sh*t out of you

(JK, but that'd be hilarious)

Top Bottom