• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Legendary Games is lookin forward to this event. Any food requests from ya'll. We've tried pizza at the past montlies and only recieved a mediocre response. So we're taking suggestions. Hopefully we get a good turnout, that way ya'll can see how awesome our store is and start comin to some of our monthlies.

Purple

Hi guys!
i personally don't think we should worry about food unless people give us a response at the tourney, no need to spend money out of pocket for it if everyone's just going to go out to eat regardless ;-;

and yes legendary games have monthlies, they're next one is on the 29th

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm bringin my wii, which has infinite replays and no tripping, if that's alright.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm bringin my wii, which has infinite replays and no tripping, if that's alright.
DanGR that's perfectly fine.

@Serin - even with no tripping, that's not exactly good considering wii mess ups that'll restart matches and make the tourney last longer.. Please hype this up in your respective states please.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I think the main problem with no tripping wiis is that there's no way that we can guarentee that everyone has a hacked wii to bring, and we can't have some wiis with no tripping and some without

bigman40

Smash Master
At this point, if someone's Wii ****s up, it's mainly from the custom character selection screen. I know for a fact that there shouldn't be any **** ups if it's off because my Wii has never ****ed up since I took the CSS off. I severely hate random tripping and want it off at this tourney. Hell, if we need to know what trips/save replays/etc. and what doesn't, then just place a sign on the Wii that states it is hacked.

....Zuzuzu....

Purple

Hi guys!
I think the main problem with no tripping wiis is that there's no way that we can guarentee that everyone has a hacked wii to bring, and we can't have some wiis with no tripping and some without
it shouldnt' change much of the game wheterh tripping is in or out in my opinion, but i guess we could just do signs like scatz said. sounds legit.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I severely hate random tripping and want it off at this tourney. Hell, if we need to know what trips/save replays/etc. and what doesn't, then just place a sign on the Wii that states it is hacked.

....Zuzuzu....
[/COLOR]
As do I, but unless we can get all wiis to have no tripping, we can't do that as it does create problems such as:

1. People wait only to play on the hacked wiis, thus getting matches delayed
2. makes it unfair for people playing on a certain version

Purple

Hi guys!
As do I, but unless we can get all wiis to have no tripping, we can't do that as it does create problems such as:

1. People wait only to play on the hacked wiis, thus getting matches delayed
2. makes it unfair for people playing on a certain version

that's very true, it's the same way with recording matches, people will wait to play on their own wii to get matches recorded thus taking more time, and not everyone can get dvd recorders XD

bigman40

Smash Master
While that may be true, people should get over the fact that it's still happened in our monthlies constantly. I, Dyno, and a few other people have brought in hacked Wiis to the monthlies, and not once have there been real complaints. I've played on both, and gotten unlucky times where I've played on non-tripping Wiis just to trip to death. Plus, the infinite replays give us vids to save and upload that were worth saving, and letting other people see them.

It's the reason why the TO calls out which TV the players are to play on. This keeps the tourney running smoothly, and the TO can give equal times to have the players play on both types of Wiis.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Do you have an AiB account? We could post that there, maybe get a couple other people coming. I can do it if you don't have one.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I added a bunch of texture hacks, if that's alright as well. :X

I'm taking off the ones that are hard to see before the tourney, though.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yes, of course.

But the ones like Alien Kirby will stay. :3
Seriously, though, that stupid-*** Halberd stage texture I played on. Don't you even THINK about putting that on there. Don't make them distracting as balls, and I'd really appreciate it.

Also, can you put VietG's Shiny Lucario texture on there, if you have textures? I'm sure it's somewhere.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw you playing on that Halberd level. There's no way I'd ever put anything that distracting on my Wii.

I couldn't find shiny lucario. @___@

bigman40

Smash Master
I got Shiny Lucario, I'll put it up when I get the chance.

Also, we need to have like, an attendance list. Better to know who's planning on coming.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's the venue look like? Is it big enough?

Needs more hype.

Purple

Hi guys!
What's the venue look like? Is it big enough?

Needs more hype.
it's big enough, i'm not sure if you've been to waba, but it's around the size of the left room, which has hosted tipped off 4 on it's own. So it's definately large enough. it can hold 80+ smoothly if ran correctly.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
**** SON! THIS TOURNEY IS GOING TO BE THE ****! WE GOT BIG PEOPLE COMING TO THIS

/hype is over

Seriously though, if it's big enough, then dont worry about it. Just make sure you have everything pre-organized so we can just put wii's where we want to and just get started with everything.

Purple

Hi guys!
erm... serin. big names really help for tournies. The hype isn't over, and saying that kind of makes this tourney sound worse than it is.

the venue is fine, what's needed is setups and brawl/melee discs. if you guys bring ample setups. we'll be fine.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Pervy will Melee happen before brawl? is see it says registration at 11 and tourney starts at 2. I wont be able to leave albany until 1230-1 because of swim practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom