• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Cough syrup? What's next? Halo wet wipes?

Gummy bears are gods though, my stomach worships them.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A lot of people think those are fake, but I don't think they are. I mean, for one the cartridge count for the shotgun is correct, which Bungie only announced on... Wednesday I believe it was. It was upped to 8 shots from the beta's 6.

I really like how the Bubble Shield has the faint yellow glow to it now. Really makes it stand out.

Oh and according to Bungie's Weekly Update yesterday, we're in for a treat or something during Leipzig.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh yeah the bubble shield's new outer glow is pretty cool.

These scans are correct by the way. They're just a "draft" for the actual manual.

It was upped to 8 shots from the beta's 6.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wonder how the needler is going to turn out, it always seems to be underpowered no matter what they do.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
In the beta it was awesome. Hopefully they didn't change a thing about it, except for maybe making it a little larger. Seems weird how you can dual wield it when it's so small.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Went to Seattle last night to see Bungie play some campaign, show off Forge and show an awesome match that they saved from Sandtrap. Oh, and this was at the Seattle IMAX. It was so incredible.

Sadness: Because so many people showed up they did two screenings, I was in the first group. They rushed through ours, making sure they had enough time to show the second group (they were only playing on one showing, so it was going to be over an hour instead of the 40 minutes it ended up being) and then ended up showing more stuff to the second group. :C

Anyways, the Gravity Hammer owns. Destroyed an un-manned Mongoose in a single hit. The thing has 100 battery life just like the Sword, I didn't take note of how much it dropped after each hit. The thing didn't kill people in one hit, knocked their shields about half way down and kicked them back about 10 feet.

The Scorpion Tank is like the Wraith from the beta, it's now a two man vehicle, one controlling the main cannon, one controlling the chain gun.

It actually looks like you're underwater now when you go underwater. In the beta the water was just a layer above, well, sky. Water looks even prettier than the beta.

Campaign boasts amazing HDR lighting, great particle effects, smooth animations and there's a 30 second or so clip of it up at IGN from GC2007 right now. Go watch.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
The beta was great. They downgraded the Battle Rifle for sure, no more double shooting. xD
Maybe better graphics is all I can hope for, it was amazing. I liked how you can now have black armor like in Halo 1 as well.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The beta was great. They downgraded the Battle Rifle for sure, no more double shooting. xD
Maybe better graphics is all I can hope for, it was amazing. I liked how you can now have black armor like in Halo 1 as well.
You mean no more glitching. Of course, Halo 3 will bring it's own glitches, but rather those than the same ones that plagued Halo 2.

1up's Halo 3 coverage starts today. Impressions of level 4, The Storm, are up and spoiler free. The only thing you'll ruin is knowing what a few of the encounters are like, but overall there's no story spoilers. Also, a retrospective look at Halo and new screens.

That's one scary looking sky.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379472&type=lg
I'm actually scared they're holding Needlers.

Wow. Very pretty.

Beginning of TSAVO Highway.

The Brute Prowler.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379439&type=lg
The Banshee. (You can see it's pretty green/purple effect along with the insect shell look here)

The Elephant!

Something big just went down.

The Red Spartan just **** his pants.

Last Resort, once known as Zanzibar.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379416&type=lg
Vehicle jacking: still embarassing when on the receiving end.

Wow, that is BRIGHT.

Yellow player is about to fall to his death on Guardian, the spiritual successor (not remake) of Lockout. You also see the Elite HUD in this screen, as well as the Brute Mauler, which is the dual wieldable shotgun.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379405&type=lg
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379401&type=lg
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379403&type=lg
More Guardian.

The Elites are pretty.

Forge! Spawn items to your heart's content!

From the IMAX screening, the budget seemed to be about $200 on High Ground, and that's before erasing the default objects on the map. Deleting the default objects gives you more room to work with and more cash to spend.

Mind explosion.

The HUD when you're in Monitor form, spawning things.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379361&type=lg
Custom games lobby changed from the beta.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379364&type=lg
Forge lobby. Background is inside the defense base on Last Resort.
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379353&type=lg
Some more TSAVO Highway.

Hunters. Who can now pick you up and throw you.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 graphics are totally stunning. I'd buy an Xbox 360 just to play it. Wii rocks everything else though.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Any of you guys think Bungie will release a Single Player demo? I don't think they will, but Bungie is nice sometimes. ;)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Any of you guys think Bungie will release a Single Player demo? I don't think they will, but Bungie is nice sometimes. ;)
No chance in hell. No game has ever sold as well as Halo 2 did on its first day and on top of that back in January 2006 it was tracked with over 9 million copies sold. Bungie knows they don't need to push out a single player demo because people will buy the game no matter what. A single player demo would be nothing but a waste of time for them to make.

Oh, and Frankie was spotted yesterday playing the final game on his 360.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=frankie

Halo 3 on his recently played games list, with absolutely no achievements in place. Makes me wonder if the old achievements were scrapped. It's really weird they aren't implemented.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow, it's that close huh? People say Halo is overrated but it deserves every bit of it. I often find myself dragging through other FPS' because it's not as immersing/fun.

Why other FPS' are still so slow to catch up is beyond me. Hopefully someday they'll get it right.

Anyway, the elephant sounds cool, I wonder if you can get run over by it, they said it's fairly slow.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's really really slow, it'll probably just slowly push you like if you were being hit by a slow moving vehicle in Halo 2.

Anyhoo, Halo 3 went gold today. The game is 100% finished and is now being manufactured.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, I found the podcast really interesting, as Forge will probably be something I mess around in a ton. I modded my Xbox a few months after getting Halo 2 just to mess around with the physics, weapons, maps and vehicles and even though the mod tools were very limited, I had a ton of fun doing it. And no, I never played online using mods, as my Xbox wouldn't allow itself to connect to Live when it was running with flashed BIOS. But yeah, changing say, the Rocket Launcher on Beaver Creek to a Tank or Warthog added a lot of fun to LAN matches (a few of my friends had the same Xbox mods, so I'd throw my maps onto their Xboxes), but again, the modding tools were limited and you had to remove an object to create a new one (well, replace one object for another). Forge just takes this all to the next level and hey, I don't have to mod my 360. I can throw a tank on a map like High Ground, I can hide a Rocket Launcher and plenty of ammo in some bushes that nobody will know about, I can give each team more Warthogs than normal (Oh and btw - 8 Warthogs on Coagulation = Most fun mod ever). Of course Forge has its limits too, you can't spawn a tank on Guardian (confirmed in podcast)... but I'm wondering if you'll be able to spawn a Banshee. Even if you can't, Forge will still be a lot of fun and will actually make gametypes like Zombies fun, where in Halo 2 they were absolutely terrible. The set up for Zombies now is so simple now, take High Ground, throw boxes/barricades/fusion coils by all entrances to the base, remove all the weapons from the map, spawn shotguns for the humans in the base, move the spawn points for the humans into the base and for the zombies outside and play the map using the Infection gametype. No team switching, no "No humans use the sword!", etc.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never played online, zombies sounds fun but prone to ******* that'll ruin it, good thing Bungie listens. I've never seen a company listen to it's customers so well, they asked a few MLG pros what they'll like to see in H3 and some of them were looked [mainly because Bungie found out about them, like the messed up hitbox on elites or whatever]

Flying carpet sounds fun though =)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's awesome. Kinda funny how the guy got killed by a grunt. The only thing I might not like is how chatty the marines are. Like when that one marine was like "Kiss... my... ***!".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Chattiness is good. Supposedly it's turned up high in the Sierra 117 demos they've done too.

19 days zomg.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ people getting banned 12/31/9999 (pretty much permanently) on XBL for breaking TOS by pirating Epsilon.

19 days = Judgment Day. Megaton dropeth.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
My friend just called me a told me about that TigerBlade, hilarious stuff. He told me to find a video on youtube of this guy streaming the footage through ustream.tv and getting a "You've been banned" message as he's on Live and streaming the footage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Cashed, you should have kept an eye on Ebay.

With the game set for release in just a few short weeks, the rabidly impatient among us can't wait any longer for September 25 to roll around. Unfortunately, an enterprising seller on eBay has made the wait all the more painful by placing, and subsequently selling two leaked Australian copies of the game on eBay for the somewhat paltry sum of AU $149.00.

IGN spoke to Microsoft Australia about the leak and asked whether the company will be tracking the culprits down - to which they responded with an unsurprising "no comment". IGN also queried Microsoft on whether they would ban the XBox Live account of a user playing Halo 3 before the launch date, to which yet another revelatory "no comment" was given.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HALO-3-the-r...yZ130904QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Okay, try numero 2 for this post. Slow, slow SWF.

I totally would've bid on the game, if it were a NTSC copy. It was the aussie version though. Erm, PAL. Funny how the PAL version of Halo 2 and Halo 3 leaked. And I wonder how long before this thing gets thrown onto a torrent site and Microsoft has them shut down.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Just in case any of you didn't hear about this, but some gamer had gotten an illegal copy of the Halo 3 epsilon beta and went online with it. He name is l Scar l and has been banned til 12/31/9999. The gamer supposedly stole it from a microsoft employee account. You can find it on maxconsole.net

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Okay, try numero 2 for this post. Slow, slow SWF.

I totally would've bid on the game, if it were a NTSC copy. It was the aussie version though. Erm, PAL. Funny how the PAL version of Halo 2 and Halo 3 leaked. And I wonder how long before this thing gets thrown onto a torrent site and Microsoft has them shut down.
I heard the auction was taken down and it wasn't sold.

Edit: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12762

Link to the new podcast. Gonna listen now.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
AVOID GAMEFAQS! MASSIVE SPOILERS HAVE BEEN LEAKED AND DOZENS OF TOPICS ARE BEING CREATED WITH THE SPOILER IN THE TOPIC TITLE!!!

Sorry for the size of the text, but it's important for those that don't want to be spoiled. I was lucky enough only to glimpse one, maybe 2 spoilers total, and neither were so extremely major that I want to get mad over. But you can see what I mean by needing to be careful.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thanks, although I didn't even think about reading about Halo there. I only go there when I'm bored.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14699

Could Master Chief fall to the hands of the Brutes?
That's such a great ad. So's the one with the vet at the museum. I really have to give Bungie/Microsoft mad props for their marketing team on this one.

AVOID GAMEFAQS! MASSIVE SPOILERS HAVE BEEN LEAKED AND DOZENS OF TOPICS ARE BEING CREATED WITH THE SPOILER IN THE TOPIC TITLE!!!

Sorry for the size of the text, but it's important for those that don't want to be spoiled. I was lucky enough only to glimpse one, maybe 2 spoilers total, and neither were so extremely major that I want to get mad over. But you can see what I mean by needing to be careful.
Thanks for the heads up. :bigthumbu

EDIT: There's a sticky on the Halo 3 boards telling people that posting leaked info is against ToS (more or less). Gamefaqs is now safe. :)

6 days left(til launch night). This is me. :lick:

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14699

Could Master Chief fall to the hands of the Brutes?
Frankie at the NeoGAF boards (Stinkles) said that it's supposed be years after the events of Halo 3. The thing is, the ad company doesn't really know the ending or even as much as we know about the story of Halo 3.

Speaking of NeoGAF, it seems some unfortunate people were spoiled the ending of Halo 3 in the Halo 3 Thread. Good thing I wasn't in there when it happened; kinda bad for the people who saw it. The person who spoiled it was immediately banned.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys Famitsu already rated Halo 3:

Taken from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3

Critical reception

Famitsu awarded Halo 3 a high mark of 10, 9, 9, 9 for a total of 37/40. All other reviews have been embargoed til the game's release. Fran Reyes of Official Xbox Magazine has reportedly written a ten page review for the November 2007 issue.

F8X

Smash Ace
Hey guys Famitsu already rated Halo 3:

Taken from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3

Critical reception

Famitsu awarded Halo 3 a high mark of 10, 9, 9, 9 for a total of 37/40. All other reviews have been embargoed til the game's release. Fran Reyes of Official Xbox Magazine has reportedly written a ten page review for the November 2007 issue.
I've never trusted Famitsu, there policy leaves them way to open to be purchased out by companies. Just to put it in perspective they gave a really crappy game a fantastic score (I'm sorry I don't have the link on hand , I usually like to site claims like this)

Now I'm not saying Halo 3 is not a 10 game ( I loved the beta dearly), I'm just saying I don'tlike Famitsus policies.

Top Bottom