• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HASL: Huntsville Area Smash League - June 25th, 2011 - Huntsville, AL

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, we took a group picture at the end of the tournament. Is that ever going to be uploaded? :O

Scatz

Smash Champion
Same here. I can't go to places for most of this week. So, I can at least help uploading videos.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I would take you guys up on those offers if I had an sd card reader to just send you the .bin files. Unfortunately, I do not, which means I would have to capture the videos anyways. Sending them via e-mail would probably take just as long as uploading them myself. They only take about 7-10 minutes per set to upload.

Scatz

Smash Champion
IIRC, an SD card reader costs like 10 bucks, but that's your choice. Just gonna keep the offer out for ya. I try to upload videos in HD nowadays.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Scatz still needs to help me do that. My last high bitrate video I tried to upload look exactly like the videos I've been uploading LOL. AIM help Scatz?

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny I played Diddy most of this tournament...yet I am listed as a zelda/fox main lol

It's a gross misconception misconstrued by the media :cool:

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
I find it funny I played Diddy most of this tournament...yet I am listed as a zelda/fox main lol

It's a gross misconception misconstrued by the media :cool:
A warrior's greatest tool is the element of surprise. You would do well to remember this, young grasshopper.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Player-1, I said this would probably take a week. I'm on the third pool right now. There were 9 pools alone. This will take awhile.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Since there's no real way to organize them on youtube as far as I know, I'm just going to upload them after pools so they show up first on the page.

Scatz

Smash Champion
If you want, I can set all that up if I can access the youtube site.

For the videos you've uploaded that are bracket matches, you'd have to create a playlist and place all the bracket matches in it. Then you'd have to change your channel so that it would show the playlists first when people come.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We can do that, but it won't make it come much faster Player-1. I haven't even started uploading the bracket matches.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
-.- Look, you can wait a few more days. I don't even have to do this at all. I've just spent the last 11 hours working on uploading videos, only to have someone complain to me about the order I did it in, as if I'm not doing my job. As you can imagine, that's a little irritating.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Calm down, I wasn't complaining, I was just asking why you weren't doing bracket matches first like you said you would. Sheesh.

edit: And I was the one saying you don't have to be uploading every single set played at the tournament so it didn't have to take you 11 hours just to upload 3 pools >.>

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
If ur gonna put mk next to me name for playing 1 pools match, then put :wolf: :lucario: :sheik: next to my name too...

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yes, I know you said I shouldn't upload the pools. However, that's what I'm going to do. Everything should be up in a few days.

EDIT: Stop making little faces next to your posts if you don't want me to think you are complaining >.> =(

Player-1

Smash Legend
I didn't say don't upload pools (because I want my pools matches uploaded personally), I said if people really wanted to have their matches on youtube then they'd save it themselves. I understand that you said you wanted a lot of videos to get more people in the community coming and sponsors and stuff, but having every set in a 27 man bracket is still a **** load of videos that is more than 90% of tournaments that get their videos uploaded and plus the people that want their pools matches uploaded. Also, I just thought of something if you wanted more people getting in the AL smash community and sponsors, but I think commentary would be an awesome idea for bracket matches and hyped pools matches, good commentary can even make a boring match to watch 5 times better. And I don't see how smilies make it seem like I'm complaining...?>.< >.> >.< :3 :) :( : >>> :p B)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Yes, I know you said I shouldn't upload the pools. However, that's what I'm going to do. Everything should be up in a few days.

Edit: Stop making little faces next to your posts if you don't want me to think you are complaining >.> =(
Get HYPED motha ****aaaaaa!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^ Hypest post in thread imo. Can't wait for things to finish. Thanks for all your time and work put into vids this thus far, John. I love the organization.

Edit: VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV THIS.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh, and I had to wait like 2 months for only a good handful of matches be uploaded from BBC, the fact that you are getting 100+ sets up in a week is phenomenal.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Cam, you should make a new youtube account named HASLssbb (or something similar), and upload all the videos there. Share the account password with other people who want to help with the uploading (like Scatz and Iblis).

It could make the smash league a little more professional or somethin.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Cam, you should make a new youtube account named HASLssbb (or something similar), and upload all the videos there. Share the account password with other people who want to help with the uploading (like Scatz and Iblis).

It could make the smash league a little more professional or somethin.
Lol, you mean like the account I made and told you guys about?

http://www.youtube.com/huntsvillesmash

Ingulit promised to help me with the capturing and uploading.

EDIT: Are you suggesting we do post-tournament commentary on some of the matches or what?

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
:) My classes get out on Thursday, so I'm coming to Orange Beach sometime this weekend. I talked to Loser about it for a second at HASL.

SO: 3 out of 5, loser counterpicks the game. Melee, Brawl, and possibly 64 included. $5 MM?

Also, I'm definitely not spending like 20-30 bucks in gas to drive to Pcola and back from OB just for a $5 MM, so whenever you guys have a smashfest just holler at me and we'll make it part of the festivities.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
:) My classes get out on Thursday, so I'm coming to Orange Beach sometime this weekend. I talked to Loser about it for a second at HASL.

SO: 3 out of 5, loser counterpicks the game. Melee, Brawl, and possibly 64 included. $5 MM?

Also, I'm definitely not spending like 20-30 bucks in gas to drive to Pcola and back from OB just for a $5 MM, so whenever you guys have a smashfest just holler at me and we'll make it part of the festivities.
Assuming we start on Brawl, I'm down. x)
It'll have to be like, next Monday. I'll talk to everyone about it!

Top Bottom