• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HASL: Huntsville Area Smash League - June 25th, 2011 - Huntsville, AL

KOOMAN

Smash Rookie
NNID
obliviousloser
Well I'm game for anything and saint me you doubles lets do this!!!!!!!!!Also,this is LOSER if anyone didn't know.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Monday? Ewwwwwwwwww. How you gonna play with Mobile on a Monday? I'll see what I can make happen on a ****ing Monday.
Make it happen Ryker, I work every day from 5:30 PM to midnight that isn't a Monday. Monday is my day off. x)

Well I'm game for anything and saint me you doubles lets do this!!!!!!!!!Also,this is LOSER if anyone didn't know.
Hell yeah, but you already know I suck at doubles, so. If we lose, go ahead and blame me. :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol, you mean like the account I made and told you guys about?

http://www.youtube.com/huntsvillesmash

Ingulit promised to help me with the capturing and uploading.

EDIT: Are you suggesting we do post-tournament commentary on some of the matches or what?
no, I mean the next event I think we should have commentary if you're wanting the community to grow and get sponsors

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
John you got your facts mixed up...its not illegal to livestream anything, its just nintendo doesn't like Brawl displayed in a competitive way. And MLG could not do the Brawl tournament if they was gonna livestream it, because they had to go through Nintendo to do it

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
no that's definitely NOT true.
Yes, it is. Nintendo didn't want MLG to livestream their Brawl matches because of copyright issues; MLG would be making money off of unauthorized video streams. We didn't livestream for the same reason; because we have sponsors, we would be making money for livestreaming content that "isn't ours," and we could potentially get in trouble. If we didn't have sponsors we very well likely could have had a livestream going.

EDIT: Alias, Nintendo cares about money, not whether or not a game looks "competitive," lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's not against the law, MLG just didn't want to get in a POTENTIAL lawsuit from Nintendo and thus didn't have a livestream. They didn't just want to go through the trouble of a lawsuit. Nintendo has better stuff to do with their time than to ATTEMPT to try and press charges against tournament organizers that aren't even a company. If Nintendo wanted to do that they could have done it to EVO or Apex or COT5 or a crap load of tournaments, they all have sponsors.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It's not against the law, MLG just didn't want to get in a POTENTIAL lawsuit from Nintendo and thus didn't have a livestream. They didn't just want to go through the trouble of a lawsuit. Nintendo has better stuff to do with their time than to ATTEMPT to try and press charges against tournament organizers that aren't even a company. If Nintendo wanted to do that they could have done it to EVO or Apex or COT5 or a crap load of tournaments, they all have sponsors.
Our sponsors didn't want to get into a POTENTIAL lawsuit either, so we kinda had to listen to them.

plz tell me how you make money off a videostream???
Advertising sponsors on the livestream. That could be as simple as "And thanks to 'X Sponsor' for helping fund this tournament"

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
Player-1 has been successfully trolling this thread since page 1.

Saint, LOSER, or Ryker - I'm gonna need a phone number from at least one of you suckaz. I'm down with a Monday.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
They didn't save doubles finals on the sd card... Dyno probably has it on his Wii then.
For some reason, it wouldn't let us save replays at all. Not that it mattered because over half the matches couldn't be saved anyways due to too many inputs

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes, there were too many inputs in GFs most of the time for it to be recorded, we kept having to reset the wii since force replay was on yet it was impossible to replay. GA is just too technical

Player-1

Smash Legend
The one where it nearly went to time? Since it nearly went to time there was obviously a lot of inputs and it didn't let us save the replay then.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have a match where I think Ryker and m3troid counterpicked with Rainbow Cruise.
I think it's the one where we got squashed by Kismet and Dyno. Or maybe the one where we beat George and Pops. Either way, it's not the cool one.

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Hero.

What did i tell you about trying to be a hero?
Sorry Mink, I just couldn't resist the urge :urg:

All right, time for some late shoutouts!

First off, thank you so much to Cam, Ingulit, and everyone else involved in making this
tourney as awesome as it was. This was a fantastic 1st OOS tourney for me!

Also, a big thanks to Nana and Frozen Hobo for driving us there and back! I definitely
wouldn't have made it there without you guys. Sorry about all that stuff happened to you guys afterwards...

AML: Really glad you came along with us man, especially after the tourney! It was nice getting to see you again! Hopefully I'll see more of you in the future!

Kismet: GEORGIA'S HERO!!! Congrats man, I'm glad the Heroic Vest came in handy! Thanks for all the advice you gave me, it really helped me to calm down and be a bit more patient in my matches.

Professional Driver Bill_: I'm glad we finally got to play each other! Next time, I'll at
least take a game! Keep doing work with that Sheik! And thanks again for your help later
that night.

Will_: Man, your MK was too legit! I'll get you next time though!

Player-1: Bowser huh? Next time you beat me with Bowser, I will counterpick YOU to PTAD! Get ready! Teaming with you in friendlies was awesome!

Saint: It was nice meeting you! Your ICs are so good! I honestly thought that I was about to lose game 2 after those 2 grabs back to back! I too look forward to playing you again!

Dynomite: Fun friendlies! Always good to see you man. Sorry about all that stuff that happened...

Zatch: We finally got to play each other! You're so good man! Our friendlies were fun! The next tourney we go to together, I'll definitely team with you! Hopefully that means we'll be seeing each other a bit more often!

Spade: I'm still in shock from your clutch victory in our match. I look forward to the next
time we play!

Thomas Heip: GGs! Your Marth had me scared for a little bit during our set, keep it up!

Mahgnittoc: Our set was real intense, man! Nice counterpick! Sorry I couldn't play those
friendlies with you, but hopefully we'll see each other again.

Everyone in my pool: GGs!

Everyone who went: Thanks for making this tourney so great! I hope everyone can make it out next time as well!

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Me Vs Saint was at least 22 minutes I'm pretty sure
No. x)
That would require each match to be approximately 7 1/3 minutes.
Only game 3 was that bad. :D

But we broke 15, for sure.

Saint: It was nice meeting you! Your ICs are so good! I honestly thought that I was about to lose game 2 after those 2 grabs back to back! I too look forward to playing you again!
I got the third one too, and dropped it. :)
Great games bro!

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I keep my shoutouts short

Everyone: SALT

Billy: I totally sandbagged you in our pool, and killed you with sheik...get at me noob

Cam: SALT

Kismet: Respect for putting billy in his place

P-1: One day I will cut off your hands and attach them to mines, so I can become as good as you....right after I break M2K's thumbs.

Zatch: totally cool dude, the silent killer showing them scrubs that Ike is something to be feared. Now we must teach you the way of the SALT

Salt: love you man your my bestfriend and nothing can ever come between us. Your just so tasty and delicious, goes good on everything and allows me to be the man I am. Much respect.

Everyone in my pool: you guys were really cool and I hope I see you again...except for billy, go die in a fire noob :glare:

Billy: I'm so salty at you, you get two shoutouts ya scrub. How dare you do a super mind game on me with snakes foward smash. I thought we were friends...

Dyno: didnt get a chance to really talk with ya, but you a cool dude and your wario is fierce, I really think Billy cheated in your match...he's sneaky like that

Billy: If i could measure the amount of salt...

Saint: Always good to see you man, I vote you most improved player 2011 you keep at it man, always making people salty with ya chaingrabs lol

Spade: your Marth, words cannot describe...but one day I hope I can face you on equal footing

Anyone I missed: Your not important...just playing I had fun with all you guys, now come to AUSOM 4ever

Billy: This ***** Again:mad:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Cam, my set against George in brackets should be close to 20 minutes. I timed him out the first match, and I'm not sure if any match lasted less than 6 minutes.

Top Bottom