• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
FireStar said:
I absolutely disagree with Daisy only being an alternate costume. Mario has luigi, so why can't Peach have Daisy? Come on people!

Kick Daisy out!? Kick Daisy out?!
Please, refrain yourself from using phrases such as "Come on people!" Some people find that offensive, often childish, and it would be best if you just completely didn't utter (or typed, if you want to be technical) those words. A discussion that simply revolves around meaningless insults doesn't help anyone at all, so keep it clean.

But with Daisy, I thought about it and she can have a totally different moveset than Peach. I always had the thought of her being a clone of Peach, but Daisy can have non-classical based moves, like more of the recent games.

So for Daisy, you guys got my vote, she should be in because she's a totally different person from Peach. As for Skull Kid my position still stands as a: No. There are too many other Zelda related characters I would rather have before Skull Kid.

NOTE: BTW, nice reply Jmc, just as expected from you.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
nomis said:
Please, refrain yourself from using phrases such as "Come on people!" Some people find that offensive, often childish, and it would be best if you just completely didn't utter (or typed, if you want to be technical) those words. A discussion that simply revolves around meaningless insults doesn't help anyone at all, so keep it clean.

How am I insulting people bey saying : Come on people! : ? I'm sorry if I insulted you. Everything okay now?

Anyways, Daisy "NEEDS' to be in this.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
nomis said:

But with Daisy, I thought about it and she can have a totally different moveset than Peach. I always had the thought of her being a clone of Peach, but Daisy can have non-classical based moves, like more of the recent games.

So for Daisy, you guys got my vote, she should be in because she's a totally different person from Peach. As for Skull Kid my position still stands as a: No. There are too many other Zelda related characters I would rather have before Skull Kid.

I'm so glad that you see the light. I'm glad you came through.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
My top 10 most likely zelda characters to make the cut list is as followed

1) Ganon - Pig form
2) Vaati :(
3) Skull Kid
4) Tingtle :(
5) Darunia
6) Mikau
7) Deku Link
8) Impa
9) TP CHARACTER
10) TP VILLAIN

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
My great apologies xianfeng...I was out of my mind at the time and thought you meant the Twilight Princess Link not Wind Waker link. I agree with your on your idea that Young Link should be WW Link and TP link should be Link.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
ChaosEdge said:
Ok skullkid just judging by your name its evident that your opinion, although valid, is extremely biased. He would be a nifty character to the SSBB game, but you have to get off your high horse. You keep placing skullkid on a pedestal and saying that "he is the greatest villian" and "seconded only by ganondorf", lets clear things up...

Skull Kid = t3h roxzor

but

Ganon >>> Skull Kid

therefore

Ganon = t3h win

But all and all I do hope hes in the SSBB game, more the merrier =)
There is no doubt about it, I like Skullkid. I find him to be the most interesting villain in the Zelda series. But extremely biased? You couldn't be more wrong.

Whats this about a high horse? PM me the answer as I don't want to further stray from the original direction of this thread.

Ganon>than the Kid? Again we disagree. For the last time, suicidal, depressed, god-like adolescents>Green Cliches (Bowser=Ganons blueprint).

What reason is left not to support Skull Kid being put in SSBB? I'm having fun debunking them.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Acea said:
I am sorry if this has already been mentioned but... It would be sweet if his "finisher" was turning people into weaker thing temperaraly! (Mario=Goomba, Bowser= Koopa ect...)
That does have potential. Skull Kid has a history of turning people into weaker beings. He turned that chump Link (I kid, I really love Link) into a Deku Shrub (I actually love the Deku race too- even though they are among the weaker races in the Zelda Universe).

I wouldn't mind Skull Kid having that move at all.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
FireStar said:
You've spent so much time on this board that you can't understad how someone would talk in reality.
Ok, first of all, you and skullkid haven't even been here a month. How would he have spent a lot of time on the boards? Second of all, how the hell did you get 105 posts in less than a month? Someone's been spamming...

Ok, i have an idea. To me, skullkid looks a lot like Sora's anti-form in KHII. I believe that Skullkid's A moves should be like the anti-form's moves. They're super cool and super fast. That means they'd suit Skullkid perfectly. Really, I want Sora to be in SSBB, but the chances are just waaay too low. Oh, FireStar, don't you dare try to flame me just for saying that i want Sora. Anyway, if Skullkid had Sora's anti-form moves, that would be awesome.

For skullkid's over smash, i beleive he should swing his stick and if it hits, it should have an electric charge (magic). Down smash would be kind of like Sheik's, with Skullkid spinning on his head and lashing out with his stick. Up smash should be a small jump followed by a flurry of kicks. The longer you charge it, the more kicks you get.

Well, that stuff may just be stupid, but I think it would be cool.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
But wasn' the skull kid in reallity good? He was just controlled by the Majora's Mask. Majora would be a better character in my opinion. Although skull kid was pretty awesome, it doesn't fit the story. What the heck, screw the story.

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
At this point, Skull Kid would be the top three best, if not than the best, new char for Brawl.
He is so wild, and has a great personality. His popularity is extensive enough that he is an obvious candidate. He is such a unique character that that passing him by would be like nintendo is passing on one of their most creative and greatky designed characters.
And anyone i am sure, could image an original and hilarious moveset for this crazy character.
Skull Kid for SSBB!!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Let's just hope that if they do put him in, they wont ruin him like they did with Mewtwo. He is too awesome of a character to waste. I would rather hope and invent my own move sets than for him to have a stupid one.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
But wasn' the skull kid in reallity good? He was just controlled by the Majora's Mask. Majora would be a better character in my opinion. Although skull kid was pretty awesome, it doesn't fit the story. What the heck, screw the story.
Skull Kid wasn't "good" or "bad". He was a confused youth who came across an evil force that heightened his power and his hatred (of himself and of the world). Skull Kid really was just a "normal" teen or prepubescent; he played pranks on people and things like that, but became truley malicious-and suicidal!- only after stealing and wearing the Mask. I believe his fear of abandonment and the self loathing, and hatred of others that often come with it, brought about Skull Kid's animosity-the Mask only enhanced those feelings.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Skull kid is a villian but not bad. Just confused. I'm not sure whether he would make a good character in SSBB but then so were many other characters that are in the game now...

and him being that kind of a villian makes him a much much cooler villian...mostly all villians in games are the power hungry, tyranical giants..the skull kid is a much more reality villian....a kid whos confused and all that skullkid said....a smaller quicker villian..sounds like a cool character to me...but to me i dont care what characters get in...$*** i hope there r over 100 character (if it can handle that much lol) but really it doesnt matter if you dont like the character...then dont play as them..but thats just me...

im HUGE!! Zelda fan though....so i guess you can say id be biased...lol

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Antioch said:
skullkid is worthless, and generic.
there are more than one "skullkid".
and i don't like the idea of it.

even with majora's mask...
he's boring and tasteless.
Okay, old quote, but...
1) He is not worthless, he was the primary villain of one Legend of Zelda game, and a featured character in several others. He has quite a few magical abilities even without the mask, and with it he has even more possibilities.

2) Skull Kid is not generic. Please, tell me of another character in any franchise that is similar. You want "generic," look at Pit - and angel with a bow. Wow. Not that I don't like Pit, I think he's awesome, but you get my point. Skull kid is a very unique character.

4) There's also more than one Yoshi, Pichu, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and technically even Link, but that didn't stop them from being in Smash or from being liked and used characters. That's a totally weak point.

4) You might think he's boring, but that's a matter of opinion. I think he's way cool, so what's your point? I think that Doctor Mario is boring, too, but there's quite a few Doc players who would disagree with me. You can hold your opinion that Skull Kid is boring, but you can't use it as part of your argument.

5) What on Earth about him is "tasteless?" That doesn't even make any sense.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Aw man, I never thought of this! I should have, though! I'm all for this. Skull kid is one of the few actually viable character suggestions I've seen on these forums. He is super-cool looking, and his movement would have to be really creepy and weird-looking. He's completely original, and I love the idea of having a couple of fairies. The fairies could be a mix of Link's boomerang and the Ice Climbers (they fly around you as you walk around, but when you use them for moves you have to wait until they return, etc).

Also, Deku Nuts and Deku Seeds And Deku sticks are my favorite items in OOT, and would be my favorite moves in (SB)² if they were added. XD XD XD zomg.

D

Deleted member

Skull Kid is a great submission for SSBB. The Moon crashing down has to be the coolest 'Super' yet thought of.

However, I feel that Vaati (human form) has a much larger chance of being the next Zelda 'villian' in the game.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Skull Kid would have some great moves. He could use his faries for some moves.
Maybe for one of his moves he could make the moon cry a tear and in doing so crush the person under it. For his smash move the mask could hover infront of him, his faries circle the mask and deverstating blast is unleashed.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Skull Kid is my number one hope character to get into Brawl. If he gets in, I'll pay him non-stop. I've made a goal to myself that, if he's in it, I will master him, even if he's the new Mewtwo or Pichu.

I could see him as a fast, light character with quick moves. Maybe he taunt could be one he used in Majora's Mask. Like when he bends over and slaps his butt at the camera. :laugh: And the moon crashing into the stage is the coolest super move I've heard so far.

Oh yeah, and for anyone who says things like "he's just 'a' skull kid", No, he's not. He's THE Skull Kid. His species is called the Lost Children. He became the "Skull Kid" in Ocarina of Time when Link gives him the Skull Mask.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
If they didn't think about adding him in Melee, he's probably not a candidate for Brawl. Although I'm a great supporter of him being there, I don't see it likely.

For Melee, they gave link/ylink, zelda, ganondorf OoT outfit becuase of it's success, and WW I believe did better than MM, but WW wasn't in Melee because it wasn't out yet.

Now that the newest home console version of YLink is WW and not MM, Sakurai probably won't even take a slight glance at MM.

Yet, here's to hoping!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
If they didn't think about adding him in Melee, he's probably not a candidate for Brawl. Although I'm a great supporter of him being there, I don't see it likely.

For Melee, they gave link/ylink, zelda, ganondorf OoT outfit becuase of it's success, and WW I believe did better than MM, but WW wasn't in Melee because it wasn't out yet.

Now that the newest home console version of YLink is WW and not MM, Sakurai probably won't even take a slight glance at MM.

Yet, here's to hoping!
Yeah, they MIGHT'VE considered him for Melee. You really don't know that, do you? Maybe they thought that they had too many Zelda characters in there already.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i think i'll be the first person 2 attempt 2 make a decent moveset 4 the worthy Skullkid. wish me luck!

A: Slap: Skullkid slaps with his left hand dealing 3% damage
A A A: Majora's Flury: Skullkid continues to slap switching from left to right hand each slap doing 1% more damage and finishes off with a strong headbutt dealing 9%
A foward: Eye Poker: just like the name state's Skullkid attempts 2 poke your eyes dealing 2% damage but knocking you back pretty far
A Smash: Applaud: Skullkid starts to clap while hitting you at the same time. this move is unique because it is the only foward smash that hits the target consequtivly similar 2 a upward smash but instead its a foward smash(this has the most range out of his A moves)
A up: Mask Horns: Skullkid uses his Mask's horns 2 swipe above him. this move is good 4 juggling
A upward Smash: Glare: Skullkid looks up and stares, the terrifying glare damages any1 who is right above him and sends them flying upwards. the range is pretty low but gud enough.
A down: Low Kick: crosses his arms and low kicks and trips the opponent.
A down A A: Evil Shoes: as you can tell this is a move that hits consequtively similar 2 his A A A except aimed down and the finishing move is a kick flip upwards
A down Smash: Split Strikes: Skull Kid looks towards the TV screen and does the splits sending each leg 2 the opposite sides of him sending his opponets flying vertically similar 2 fox's down smash
A running dash: Mask Bash: Skullkid jumps dives head first

B: Slingshot: i chose a slingshot because Majora's Mask doesn't really have a mouth opening so he wouldn't be able 2 shoot darts in the 1st place and secondly Skull Kid without Majora's Mask was the original dart shooter. Sheik also shoots needles which is pretty much the same so i went with slingshot instead. the slingshot would be kinda a slow projectile considering Skull Kid has 2 pull back b4 releasing but quicker than Link's bow and no need 2 charge.
B foward: Fairy Bind: Skullkid's fairies Talt & Tael fly fowards the same distance as Captian Falcon's Falcon Kick move and flies back. If made contact 2 another player the fairies will drag the player towards Skullkid while doing 1% damage every second(approximately takes 3 seconds and depends on the wieght of the player being dragged. this move is used both 2 mess up the other player because it cancels any attack and it also is used as a set up 4 his many strong grab throws or his down B move
B upward: Flutter: Skullkid starts running on air upwards similar 2 Yoshi's flutter move except instead of going down Skullkid is going up. any1 who gets in the way gets damaged similar 2 Samus's up B.
B down: Hex: Skullkid does something similar 2 Mewtwo's down B but instead he turns the opponent in2 a small weak version of the player. does a total of 15% damage and the player hexed is still able to move around and jump but cannot attack, grab, dodge, or shield. this is a fun move 2 pull off just 2 see wut the player would turn in2 example Mario turns in2 a goomba, TP Link turns in2 a pink bunny, DK turns in2 1 of those crawling crocodiles and soo on! the more damaged the player is the more time they r spent trapped in their weakend form(normal time of 4 seconds)

Air Attacks
Skullkid would have jumps similar 2 Mewtwo and Ness
neutral A: Pop: Skullkid pops out his arms and legs hitting any1 from all directions around him(can be a meteor smash if directy ontop of player)
foward A: Leg Clamp: Skullkid clamps his legs around the player dealing fair amount of damage but never K.O
backward A: Pinch: Skullkid reaches backwards and pinches whoever is behind him
up A: Flip Kick: does a flipkick which is good at juggling
down A: Maskplant: Skullkid turns upsidedown letting his mask crash down on anyone and works exactly like Link's swordplant.

Grabs
this is probally 1 of the most uniquest and 1 of his best moves but all his grabs has lil range so using foward B helps a lot
grab A: headbutts player while holding them
grab foward: Fetch: throws the player fowards then the player is flung back towards Skullkid and if uninterupted Skullkid hits the player back flying fowards( the fairies are the ones responsable 4 the player returning back 2 Skullkid)
grab upward: Slam Dunk: Skullkid jumps up high while holding player then in midair throws the player downwards.
grab backward: Rejection: Skullkid tosses player over his shoulder with 1 hand but out of all his throws is the most powerful and strongest throw
grab down: Crulity: while holding on2 the player Skullkid transforms the player in2 their weaker form then throws the player down and starts 2 sit on them dealing 2% damage 4 each second while sitting(Skullkid doesnt stop sitting on them untill they transform back and the more damage the player has the longer they stay in their weakend form but not as long as the down B move)

Super: Crashes Moon on2 stage

Lastly some side details
Skullkid would be the same size as Young Link with the exception of being slightly a bit taller, is very light and moves average speed same as Mario.
every once in awhile Skullkid will start 2 giggle randomly while attacking or just running, jumping or staying still.
when Skullkid is returning 2 the stage off the edge he will ethier attack by a headbutt or just his normal butt.
while staying still 4 a long time Skullkid will take out the Ocarina of Time and try 2 play it then start 2 giggle and while he is running it will seem as if he is taunting the player.
while on the edge of a corner and he looks like he is about 2 fall he tilts his head foward while his arms move backwards and starts 2 make that scream he does in the game.
while holding on2 items he would hold it behind him as if he stole the item or doesn't want 2 share it!
when Skullkid ducks he has his head between his knees and his hands covering the top of his head.
AND lastly his taunt is he turns around bends over and slaps his *** at you!!!

Super Smash Bros Brawl you better have Skullkid!!! :)

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought this was a stupid idea, but it's really grown on me. I'd love to see him in brawl...although realistically speaking, I doubt he'll be in it. If any new Zelda character's gonna be in it, it'll probably be from TP, or maybe, Wind Waker (I'd pick Skull Kid over any WW character any day).

Mido02 said:
Super: Crashes Moon on2 stage

Nice moveset, 'cept I'd like the mask to turn into Majora's Wrath (Majora's final form) and wreak absolute HAVOC on the playing field for his super (that's just my idea).

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i also had an idea where his super would be the four giants come and beats every1 up! 1 giant 4 each player!!! :)

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, except weren't the giants like, AGAINST Majora? Would be nifty to see, though.

And by the way, if you don't like Skull Kid/Majora, seriously, why are people saying "he won't have any moves, he'd be boring." That's like the number one Negative Nancy comment against having a character put in (it's not even a valid argument). I'm sure there's a slew of convincing arguments why he shouldn't be in Brawl, but that's not one of them (or for any other character, for that matter).

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
the giants were AGAINST Majora but were FRIENDS with Skullkid soo eh i guess it could still work in a way?

you are sooo right about that, not having anymoves is garbage since Nintendo has a nack 4 solving problems like that. remember they ARE the 1s who invented the Wii remote. :)

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Mido02 said:
the giants were AGAINST Majora but were FRIENDS with Skullkid soo eh i guess it could still work in a way?

you are sooo right about that, not having anymoves is garbage since Nintendo has a nack 4 solving problems like that. remember they ARE the 1s who invented the Wii remote. :)
You did a great job with that move set. Congrats.

Anyone else have one?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I guess he would be cool. . .I would like to know some attacks. But the only Zelda character I REALLY and FULLY want in is Wolf Link.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think I have a relatively new idea for moves. I haven't seen anyone suggest this, although I'd bet someone has. Anyway.

At the end of Majora's Mask, Majora's Mask leaves the Skull Kid and fights you on its own. First, it's just got these tentacle things coming out of the mask. Then, it sprouts a lanky body and runs around.

Lastly, it gets a full body and some rather long tentacles:

Now, the Skull Kid is still the obvious choice for being a character. However, I think it would be ridiculously awesome if the Skull Kid could whip those tentacles out from his wrists. They wouldn't be out all the time like when you fought the boss, rather, they extend and retract when he attacking with them.

I think that would serve to make the character unique enough to warrant his appearance.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:
I think I have a relatively new idea for moves. I haven't seen anyone suggest this, although I'd bet someone has. Anyway.

At the end of Majora's Mask, Majora's Mask leaves the Skull Kid and fights you on its own. First, it's just got these tentacle things coming out of the mask. Then, it sprouts a lanky body and runs around.

Lastly, it gets a full body and some rather long tentacles:

Now, the Skull Kid is still the obvious choice for being a character. However, I think it would be ridiculously awesome if the Skull Kid could whip those tentacles out from his wrists. They wouldn't be out all the time like when you fought the boss, rather, they extend and retract when he attacking with them.

I think that would serve to make the character unique enough to warrant his appearance.
=O Dude, that's liek, the best idea I've heard for Brawl EVER. Well, maybe I'm just biased cuz I'm a huge Skull Kid maniac, but who care.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
A Purple-masked, Scarecrow-looking Chicken face with psuedo-Spiderman powers.

That's about as unique and interesting as it gets.

But yeah, that would definitely make Skullkid the designated Creepy guy, because tentacles alone are creepy, but when coming out of thin air, they're even creepier. And with an upredictable combat range like Dhalsim, I'd give him a fair chance to be one of my mains.

Top Bottom