• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
He would be a nice addition to the Zelda group of characters indeed...thumbs up =D

Btw, nice drawing McFox

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:

There's my idea. :p
Really? I got more of a "coming out of his wrists" idea. Or maybe he's hands themselves turn into tentacles.

Oh, and the mask isn't in a frowny face. It's eyes are all like O_O and stuff. That's what I love about Skully. His dispostion never changes, which makes him ever the more creepier. But nice drawing though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, the tentacles come from the mask itself, and Skull Kid wears short sleeves. I think it works fine, it makes him look like he's got four arms. To make it come from his wrist would mean threading the tentacles down his neck, through his shirt, out of the sleeves, into the gloves, and then out of a hole in the gloves, which is too complicated for its own good.

c.falcon 58

Smash Apprentice
did you draw that your self lol

i like it

personally i wouldn't play with skull kid but hes sounds like a for sure shoe in for ssbb

you know :smiliegor

TGun

Smash Cadet
Skullkid sounds like an alright character and all, but I'm not sure Nintendo would want to break the genre and theory of the TriForce. With them taking YLink out and all...leaving Ganondorf, Link, and Princess Zelda/Sheik, I think the LoZ series has attributed enough characters and that new, unique characters should be sought out.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So, no more Zelda characters, and by default, no more Mario characters? That's excluding a hell of a lot of characters on the basis of the series that they originated from, instead of judging characters on their own merit, an idea I continue to think sucks ever since it was first proposed like a year and a half ago.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
TGun said:
Skullkid sounds like an alright character and all, but I'm not sure Nintendo would want to break the genre and theory of the TriForce. With them taking YLink out and all...leaving Ganondorf, Link, and Princess Zelda/Sheik, I think the LoZ series has attributed enough characters and that new, unique characters should be sought out.
Could you pleaese show me where Y. link was confirmed to be cut (I swear, if I get a link to that **** rumor). So, your saying that uniqe,popular characters should be dropped, because they have 3 Triforce wielders, despite the fact that another Zelda character is innevitable?

Darn you McFox, you bet me to it.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Iggy K said:
Could you pleaese show me where Y. link was confirmed to be cut (I swear, if I get a link to that **** rumor). So, your saying that uniqe,popular characters should be dropped, because they have 3 Triforce wielders, despite the fact that another Zelda character is innevitable?

I assumed they were taking YLink out. I realize that its a rumor, and a rumor is a rumor, my bad on that part. Secondly, I'm not saying that b/c they have LoZ and Mario Characters already means that they can't have any more. I'm just saying, why not look at some of the New Wii or Gamecube split titles to ante up new ideas. Everyone seems to keep going Retro. But some of the SSBM characters were based off the new GC titles.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Iggy K said:

Did I not say Skullkid looks alright and all? So quick to jump...
Double post, my bad.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, none of the characters were based on new GC titles. Maybe you should check your facts before you say stuff that is... for lack of a better term... completely false.

TGun

Smash Cadet
McFox said:
Actually, none of the characters were based on new GC titles. Maybe you should check your facts before you say stuff that is... for lack of a better term... completely false.
With games like F-Zero GX and Star Fox Adventures, it can be viewed that the Character Models from early productions of the previous games had an influence on SSBM. You don't think Majora's Mask and Pokemon Stadium had an influence on the introduction of YLink and the character models for Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo, and Pichu?

JPW

Smash Ace
did you all play the same Majora's Mask I did?
I don't remember ever versing Skull Kid, and I don't remember seeing anything cool done by him, and the whole ending was pretty much very corny.
And Skull Kid was no villain he was just possessed by the mask.

I'll admit it's a good game and all, but Skull Kid was nothing compared to Gannondorf, and at least you got to fight Gannondorf.
But that's me feel I didn't really like him, and I was kind of annoyed at the way how he was not the main villain.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this thread's title is a bit misleading...I'm pretty sure the creator of this thread meant the SKullkid possessed by Majora's Mask.

Wonder

Smash Rookie
I think Skull Kid hasn't this personality like the other characters. He is a vilain, but Link's vilain N.1 is still Ganon.
Skull Kid could be cool in Smash Brothers, but he isn't an interesting person.
In Ocarina of Time, he is just a stupid, ugly kid which is dancing in the forest and in Majora's Mask, he is the puppet of a Mask. To be honest..... He's a loser.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
TGun said:
With games like F-Zero GX and Star Fox Adventures, it can be viewed that the Character Models from early productions of the previous games had an influence on SSBM.

Captain Falcon as seen in F-Zero GX.

Captain Falcon as he appeared in Super Smash Brothers (64).

Here, what you attempted to describe is actually working in reverse (as one would expect it to). Instead of Falcon's character being influenced by a game which had not yet been produced, the game which had yet to come out drew its influence from Smash.

Fox McCloud - Melee

Fox McCloud - Starfox Adventures

So a second no, I don't think Starfox Adventures had much to do with Fox's design.

You don't think Majora's Mask and Pokemon Stadium had an influence on the introduction of YLink and the character models for Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo, and Pichu?
Well, you're entirely proving my point. Majora's Mask and Pokemon Stadium were games that had already been released. I thought I was the one arguing that past games are what Smash draws it's characters from, and you were saying the opposite?

Having any kind of debate is tough enough when your opponent is willing to just make stuff up to make a point, but you at least have to give me some kind of warning if you want to switch sides.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and Fierce_Oni (and others)? I submit the following:

One of those is definitely cooler than the other. In fact, one of these is awesome, while the other sucks. I'll give you a minor hint: Skull Kid is the one that is awesome.

Yes, the Skull Kid is just a puppet for the darkness that is Majora's Mask, but that's what makes the character so creepy. You have to wonder if the Skull Kid is still aware inside his head, conscious that his body has been completely enslaved by this diabolical mask. Anyone who can't appreciate an actual INTERESTING storyline like that one probably thinks Petey Piranha would be a good character for Brawl.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Yes, the Skull Kid is just a puppet for the darkness that is Majora's Mask, but that's what makes the character so creepy. You have to wonder if the Skull Kid is still aware inside his head, conscious that his body has been completely enslaved by this diabolical mask. Anyone who can't appreciate an actual INTERESTING storyline like that one probably thinks Petey Piranha would be a good character for Brawl.
Ouch. :(

But McFox brings up a good point. So what if he was just a puppet? That's his coolest aspect. I think you kids are assuming we're talking about a maskless Skull Kid, when we're not.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
McFox said:

One of those is definitely cooler than the other. In fact, one of these is awesome, while the other sucks. I'll give you a minor hint: Skull Kid is the one that is awesome.

yeah maybe skull kid was a puppet of majora's mask but anyways skull kid looked cool with it on even though we can't compare skull kid to ganondorf or ganon but still skull kid is a great idea...anyways good one mc fox.

JPW said:
did you all play the same Majora's Mask I did?
I don't remember ever versing Skull Kid, and I don't remember seeing anything cool done by him, and the whole ending was pretty much very corny.
And Skull Kid was no villain he was just possessed by the mask.
yeah I know the ending sucked but even though it was a good game, that's what it mattered.

WR3K said:
ganon would kick ***, not ganondorf (for those of you unfamiliar with zelda)

he would be the most powerful in the game
I don't know if anyone has quote to this before, but I'll quote on it anyways, ganon and ganondorf are the same, ganon cannot be cooler than ganondorf cause it's the same dude, and as you can see, ganon came from ganondorf, ganondorf is ganon's human form, it's the same thing and the same villian, and yes, I'm familiar to zelda games.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't know if anyone has quote to this before, but I'll quote on it anyways, ganon and ganondorf are the same, ganon cannot be cooler than ganondorf cause it's the same dude, and as you can see, ganon came from ganondorf, ganondorf is ganon's human form, it's the same thing and the same villian, and yes, I'm familiar to zelda games.
That's not entirely true. Would you say that Zelda and Sheik are exactly the same, because they're the same person? I definitely think Sheik is cooler.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
And Link is cooler than Young Link even though they are the same person
You suck. Turning into old Link was the worst part of OOT. The fact that you were young Link the whole time during Majora's Mask, and still got to use all the old weapons and stuff, was the sooper shaznit supreme.

YOUNG LINK AAF ZOMG.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True Skull kid was just a puppet, but boy was he evil he turn Link into a Deku, he like hurt the black fairy, and true u never did face the skull kid (except when u were te deku and u shoot th bubble thing but doubt that counts as a fight), im bettin if he has powers to transfrom link into a deku, and bettin he an have some offensive moves too.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I came up with a moveset for Skull Kid ages ago. Unfortunately, I deleted the document where was all laid out nicely, so I need to remember it all.

^B was a glide move, where you simply glided directionally. It's nothing special, But I think skull Kid would look creepy doing it. also, his run should have his feet lifting off the ground. Could easily be replaced by a teleport move.
B Fairies. The Skull Kid is followed by both Tatl and Tael. When he uses B, the fairies will spin around him in a circle, damaging his enemies. I like the idea that someone posted of a steal move, and this could very well be it. Stealing items would be great.
>B I originally conceived this as a distanced telekinetic grab. However, I like the proposed Dart or Slingshot ideas better than a distanced grab (Which I have suggested for a character or two already). If A dart move is included, then it should be B and the Fairy move should be >B MY favorite, though, is what McFox described, which would be a >B.
VB Dark Fire. Skull Kid immolates himself. Does 1% damage to Skull Kid per second, but does 10% damage to enemies and knocks them back.pressing VB again turns it off.

Super Smash is moon Crash.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
okay, you knew this was coming, but Ill say it again.

majoras wrath plz. kthxbai. :p

skull kid is basically the same person as majora, exept in a WEAKER body.
majora> skull kid
he is so awesome, he even makes doctur sea shudder with fear.
no skull kid please.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
okay, you knew this was coming, but Ill say it again.

majoras wrath plz. kthxbai. :p

skull kid is basically the same person as majora, exept in a WEAKER body.
majora> skull kid
he is so awesome, he even makes doctur sea shudder with fear.
no skull kid please.
Sure. With fear. Whatever makes you feel better about your pathetic Majora. Skull Kid is still better.

mikedick

Smash Rookie
it would be cool if they had him transform into the other majora forms(really only needed for incarnation and wrath) quickly before doing a move, then turning right back. this would allow them to use a move from each form without giving him a transformation(or 3). it wouldn't cause any noticeable lag, just an aesthetic change before each attack.

moveset
neutral b= shoots a dart

smash b= quickly turns into majora's wrath and throws out one of those spike things onto the stage , quickly transforms back.

up b= tentacles extend from beneath majora's mask and skull kid spins. picture link spin attack but crazier.

down b= tatl and tael spins around skull kid and deflect projectiles or something

grabs= all grabs are done with the tentacles

and for his dash attack he turns into majora's incarnation and does that crazy moon walk.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
I like skull kid and hope it appears at SSBB but I actually don`t have any ideas of his moves
if you cant think of a moveset for him, then nintendo surely can. Just take fox for example. until smash bros and smash bros melee, he had never left the cockpit of his arwing, and as you can see, Nintendo created a completely original and awesome moveset.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think Skullie's side B should just be a tentecle whip. It doesn't grab or anything, just does damage in a very fast amount of time.

Laugh & He Dies

Smash Cadet
You cannot be serious! Skull Kid is one of the greatest villains in one of Nintendo's greatest franchises. I'm nearly certain he'll make the cut.

As for his move set, thats the tricky part.

But I'm sure Nintendo is better at this than I.
Although I hope he makes it in the game, Id rather have...

1. Wolf O'Donnel (my friend wont buy wii unless he is in SSBB)
2. Geno @!!11!!111
3. Ridley !

If they ALL make it in, then im cool with skullkid

Top Bottom