• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need this deleted or locked please. NO BUMPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octave

Smash Ace
I'm going to attempt to work out a ride arrangement with a friend and if we decide to go I will bring a Gamecube as well as a copy of Melee. I'll keep you updated.

Prawn

Smash Master
ANYBODY

wanna get a room saturday night for an STD before melee?

AND DRINKING PURPLE DRANK.

get @ me

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
ANYBODY

wanna get a room saturday night for an STD before melee?

AND DRINKING PURPLE DRANK.

get @ me
You've got an STD?

Sorry had to :(

This tournament needs to be at least 5x more awesome than a regular tournament to make up for the atrocious name.

I'll help host Brawl if it's needed

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm honestly surprised someone didn't before me lol

I could hype us up some more but shortly I won't need to, so I'm not going to bother. :)

Prawn

Smash Master
aight so me and zeb are getting a room

looking for more people to partay with us saturday night. if we get 2 more its only twenty dollars a night(im down to stay for 2 nights if this is the case lol)

LET US KNOW

edit: and OoS get at us

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol like more of cali would want to come... i'll ask though

but if this is going to be big i might come

it's in that time slot i want to travel, and it's on the northern EC... now just to get the other good people here

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer

looking for more people to partay with us saturday night. if we get 2 more its only twenty dollars a night(im down to stay for 2 nights if this is the case lol)

LET US KNOW

HMMMM this could be entertaining

MacD

lol whatever you say irish, if i'm not mistaking, roman actually took a game off me in pools so he has the better shot... except this time i won't let him so i guess he doens't lololol

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Haha CA possibly coming down here? That's insane!

Be sure to consider the motel housing; I'm still waiting on the Quaker Inn website to go back up to give out more information if needed.

MacD

waaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit, this is sunday only for melee???

eeeehhhhhhhhhh, those normally do well :/

hmmm, i mean i wanna come to see people and play in a big tourney.... idk if it'd be worth the money if not many people show up

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
****, I just gathered a bunch of random stuff dolls of random anime chicks. I'll probably hold a raffle to give them away :)

Also, I might throw in mini-pools for Brawl + Melee depending on the attendance.

How's that sound?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If there's a good turnout I'll probably go for drinking Saturday/melee Sunday. This will be a couple weeks before finals so that might stop me from going.

Edit: Bloodcross, if you want to make this a big tournament you've gotta gather some known named TOs. Also, you should do a Possible attendants list to further hype things up.

Also also, I might be able to house people if I'm able to convince my parents. I'm only an hour from the venue so that should help some people to come. I could probably convince some more CTers to house people so at most people would be 1.5 hours-3 hours away. You've gotta convince some MA players to house people. You also have to be willing to pick people up from the airport.

Example of what you should put in thread for housing:
Housers:

Name:
# of housable remaining:
How far away:
Pets:
Currently Housing:

Housees:

Names:
Home Location:
Method of Transportation:
Additional Comments:

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I do have The Mages to help host (at least OWM - will ask OBM later). But that's pretty much it in terms of well-known hosts at the moment. I can get to work in gathering more.

As for housing, sure you can do what you want Spawn, it's a free country after all. However, we really need to book 10 rooms in order to get the price we need for the conference rooms, so I'm hoping everyone will stay at the site... It'll also be a lot of fun, you know? All the rooms are connected to the conference center, so no one has to leave the building (aside from going out drinking or to McDonalds or something).

I'll also throw in an attendants/housing list.

Also, UGH I FORGOT ABOUT AIRPORT DETAILS! For those using the airport, the closest airport to the venue is TFG Green Providence, about 20 miles away. It's a pretty big deal airport. I'll be more than willing to help pick people up at the airport if needed.

Thanks Spawn.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yup, no problem, just trying to help out. Not trying to be a **** or anything. Also, there'll be no possible way for me to help for housing. So nevermind that option lol.

Also, the worries section is legitimately worthy of a reason to not go to a tournament. If I were an OOSer and I was thinking of flying into here and saw that. I would completely dismiss thinking of coming.

Make sure you put that The Mages will be helping you host somewhere.

Other than all that, this thread will have been made pretty perfectly and you did all you could to get people to come... (unless you don't spam regional boards/other places with this topic). You should make a sig for this tournament so a whole bunch of people can advertise while they post.

Octave

Smash Ace
My attendance really depends on due dates for final projects. They'll probably be due at the end of the following week if I had to guess but it's almost a definite yes that I'll be coming with a gamecube.

Edit: Make that two gamecubes.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Yeah I deleted the worries section haha. That was pretty dumb to put on the page.

I did post a page in the Atlantic North section, but I don't think it should form as a problem, in fact the opposite. That's it though, didn't exactly spam this anywhere else.

I'll update the page a bit now.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alright, last things I will post to critique and then I'll leave you alone for today haha. I'm really sorry for saying so many things it's just based on the introduction I want to help you have the best first post as possible.

-Talk to someone who can make a really good signature for this tournament.
-Post in the airport section that you are able to help coordinate picking up/dropping people off at the airport.
-Instead of attendants say "Possible Attendants" as everyone in this thread who posts they're going, may not attend unfortunately. Don't wanna be lying to the community. ;)
-Unfortunately you used super super big font, so things that are truly important aren't getting highlighted and enforced to the utmost degree. For example, bringing setups is a HUGE issue. It seems that there aren't going to be any setups at the venue without smashers bringing some so make sure you heavily indicate that. You need to know what days people are going to be bringing setups (whether it's the whole weekend, just friday, etc). Take out the actual name of "Greatest Regional of all time" and replace it with at the end "BRING SETUPS"

Also, put me down for a wii/melee ;) Good luck with the changes and I hope you take my advice into consideration.

About the font thing, my recommendation would be to either do it Pound style and have sections in the top of the page sort of like an index for each part so people can just ctrl+f their way through. The other way you can do it is change your font and make it smaller and the bigger things bigger/different colors. If you decide to do this I recommend checking out my thread Acronym (click on my username and do find all threads started by Spawn). I think I did a pretty good job with that.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
OBM would only come to help host a B+ tournament and even that would be iffy so you're likely only stuck with me :( and i suck

oh wait...(meatrides self)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Alright I fixed up the thread, Spawn.

I can't wait for the sig, should it come; I have this ****ty one on the front page for now. I'm trying to make the image a link to the front page but it's not working for some reason.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm satisfied with the first page. :)

Once the really good sig comes in, under it put "New England, go advertise this tourny!!!!"

Allied

Smash Master
totality getting top 5 for this if i go

TEEVEE TEAM WITH ME FOR BEER PONG MAH DU

Foy

Smash Champion

LET US KNOW

Upstate Might be down if i get some kids convinced. Ill talk to them tonight about it.

AKA i wnat in that room with Zeb so we can do things.....8========:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom