• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

icewolf2249

Smash Cadet
184. "I fight for my friends" is actually God giving his final revelation to man through Ike. Disagreeing is heresy.
185. Marth isn't gay, since when are tiaras gay?

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
186. Tiaras were always gay.
187. Peach plays are homosexuals.
188. People like to act "tough" on these boards, but irl are super nerds.
189. People just seem to never give up no matter how much their arguement sucked.
190. Eggs in my ramen ftw?

icewolf2249

Smash Cadet
191. Responding to someone else's post in this thread makes you an enormous douc... oh, crap.
192. Bubble tea is the nectar of the gods.
193. If you joined sometime after brawl was announced, then you obviously never played melee or the original and should be given no respect whatsoever.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Gawd this is taking too long

Saved
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link

Remaining
Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Ganondorf
Marth
R.O.B.
Falco
Mario
Peach
Ike
Ice Climbers

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dude since this is sarcasm you are so wrong about most of these. People consider Wario high tier and spamming your favourite smash on with anyone WILL work. Yoshi is horrible and pretty unplayable. Ness to because of the infinite.
Dude (:psycho:), my posts are dripping with sarcasm... In actuality, Wario is consider to be high middle tier but people still whine about his playstyle because he can't get KOs as easily as people like Metaknight and Olimar, spamming your favorite smash attack in anyone only works against the worst of the worst (I play an average of 4-5 hours a day and I have yet to win a match by only using smash attacks ie' no dodging, moving, or shielding), Yoshi is low tier but still playable, and I find it hilarious that you knock Ness because DK (your main) is another character who has a stand and grab infinite against him except it's by King Dedede instead of Marth. So one really bad match up makes him unplayable huh? Thanks for proving one of the points I made earlier about people who are so terrified of losing that they chose whoever this site dubs top/high tier.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
196. Marth and Olimar are impossible to beat. Because of this, it is perfectly okay to go into their forums, tell their members that they only win matches by spamming smash attacks, and that they don't take any skill to play as.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
197. Tournamant play is the only real way to play. All others are non existent. Smash was made to be competitive
198. Anyone who thinks they know Smash brothers doesn't becuase they are not Smash Boards
199. Tiers are official. A low tier can never beat a high tier. If it does happen, someone cheated
200. If it's not Melee, it sucks. Everything about Melee is perfect and if it has something that is the opposite of Melee then it is instantly terrible and ruins the game.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Dude (:psycho:), my posts are dripping with sarcasm... In actuality, Wario is consider to be high middle tier but people still whine about his playstyle because he can't get KOs as easily as people like Metaknight and Olimar, spamming your favorite smash attack in anyone only works against the worst of the worst (I play an average of 4-5 hours a day and I have yet to win a match by only using smash attacks ie' no dodging, moving, or shielding), Yoshi is low tier but still playable, and I find it hilarious that you knock Ness because DK (your main) is another character who has a stand and grab infinite against him except it's by King Dedede instead of Marth. So one really bad match up makes him unplayable huh? Thanks for proving one of the points I made earlier about people who are so terrified of losing that they chose whoever this site dubs top/high tier.
Okay, maybe I made Ness's problem seem worse then it is but it's still really bad. I know DK has this problem to and I never denied it. Yoshi is just an awful character. He has horrible match ups and a lot of other problems like lack of priority and kill moves. Sure you can say he's playable but he's going to have a huge disadvtange in a tournament.

How did I prove your point about people chosing high tiers because they are scared of losing? Also, most people here don't complain about Wario much.

Try picking Ike and just spam smashes in with anyone. You'll probaly win or at least get a lot of KOs. Hell, I chose Falcon and just use Falcon Punch as a joke this one time and I won most of those matches. The input lag ruins wifi.

201. We all live in a Pokemon world.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
Okay, maybe I made Ness's problem seem worse then it is but it's still really bad. I know DK has this problem to and I never denied it. Yoshi is just an awful character. He has horrible match ups and a lot of other problems like lack of priority and kill moves. Sure you can say he's playable but he's going to have a huge disadvatange in a tournament.

How did I prove your point about people chosing high tiers because they are scared of losing? Also, most people here don't complain about Wario much.

Try picking Ike and just spam smashes in with anyone. You'll probaly win or at least get a lot of KOs. Hell, I chose Falcon and just use Falcon Punch as a joke this one time and I won most of those matches. The input lag ruins wifi.

Isn't there somewhere else you could take this feud:ohwell: I'm really getting tired of this tier speak...I do agree with one part of your post. You will obey the pokemon *confusion ray*:chuckle:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
202. the most advanced technique in the game is tilting the c-stick left and right as fast as you can when playing pit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Saved
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf

Remaining
Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Marth
R.O.B.
Falco
Mario
Peach
Ike
Ice Climbers

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay, maybe I made Ness's problem seem worse then it is but it's still really bad. I know DK has this problem to and I never denied it. Yoshi is just an awful character. He has horrible match ups and a lot of other problems like lack of priority and kill moves. Sure you can say he's playable but he's going to have a huge disadvtange in a tournament.

You're right, he is not a very good character but no one is entirely useless. Heck, playing as low tier characters can usually throw off your opponents since most people aren't used to fighting them. I consider Yoshi to be my oddball main when I want to test my opponents. Yes, it isn't very likely that he'll win very many opponents but there isn't a doubt in my mind that there are some Yoshi players out there that could beat the ever loving crap out of me. :psycho: Also, Wario lacks priority and technically only has two truely dependible KO moves, his fsmash and his uair but he still finds ways to win. Yoshi's very much the same. Most of your KOs will be from gimping instead of landing a fsmash or usmash.

Regarding Ike on Anyone, it really depends on when you play from what I've experienced. If you play from Noon to 4 in the afternoon, you usually run into the players that will jump right into them because they don't simply watch their opponents while if you play from 10 PM- 5 AM, there will be shield grabs and the like. I'm not making the claim that the later players are professionals but they are usually significantly better than those in the afternoon. It may just be the people in my area but it just goes to show...

Regarding the high tier comment, a couple of weeks ago, there were probably about a dozen people on these boards who decided to drop Ness and Lucas as their mains because they believed that excelling with them would be entirelly impossible because of the infinite despite it only being for one match up. The exact same term "unplayable" was used in almost all the cases. Playing as a middle/low tier character is always a risk but there seems to be less people than even in Melee who want to take that risk. That's what concerns me. There's always the goal of winning but I find something wrong with people forcing themselves to play as high tier characters even if they don't like playing as them.

Anyways:

202. When Sakurai said there wouldn't be DLC, he was obviously kidding.

203. Counterpicking stages is a waste of time. If you are continously beat by a Snake who can effectively lay traps and mortar slide on Final Destination or a Metaknight who effectively uses Shuttle Loop on Battlefield, continue to play on those stages and pray to God that your opponent will eventually mess up or kill themselves out of boredom.

204. If someone has a character in their sig that is not in Brawl, be sure to remind them because they obviously don't know. Assume that they want and believe that they will eventually arrive in the form of DLC.

205. It is perfectly okay to quote long posts and respond with short replies like "lol" or "I agree." Responding with "you fail" pics is even better.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
203. Liking Melee more than Brawl makes you an elitist who cant adapt.
204. Conversely, liking Brawl more than Melee makes you a noob who doesnt know anything about anything.
205. Sonic can only win with items on. If someone tells you their Sonic won without them, they're lying.
206. Flaming is a perfectly acceptable way to win an argument. Especially when everyone else joins in.
207. There are no opinions. If you like or dislike something, everyone must accept it as truth. Even if you use words like "sucks", "awesome", or "imo".

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
208. If you are a n00b who post without reasoning, you WILL get flamed on
209.Bowser is actually getting pros that I thought it wouldn't
210.Marth is Gay, and Sheik is a Guy
211.Melee is Better than Brawl

PCHU

Smash Lord
212. If you play as Ike, Wolf, Fox, Zelda, Marth, Captain Falcon, Pit, or Pikachu, you are a spammer and are treated as such.

I really hate that, though.
I had to pick a new main because I was creaming with Ike.
Also, Zelda players do tend to spam.
I met one today, and she/he was a decent spammer.
Knew how to properly dodge, but didn't know how to deal with a fair.

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Saved

Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth

Remaining

Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Falco
Mario
Peach
Ike
Ice Climbers

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

S

sn1per13

Ok here it is.

I want to be the best
There ever was
To beat all the rest
Yeah, that's my cause

Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey
Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey
Seaking, Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly
Ponyta, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree

(Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all - Pokemon!)

I'll search across the land
Look far and wide
Release from my hand
The power that's inside

Venomoth, Poliwag, Nidorino, Golduck
Ivysaur, Grimer, Victreebel, Moltres
Nidoking, Farfetch'd, Abra, Jigglypuff
Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable, Wigglytuff

(Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all -
Gotta catch 'em all - Pokemon!)

Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix
Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax
Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow
Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro

(Gotta catch 'em all - gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all - gotta catch 'em all)
(Gotta catch 'em all - Pokemon!)

Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea
Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbell
Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu

At least one hundred and fifty
Or more to see
To be a Pokemon Master
Is my destiny

Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke
Kangaskhan, Hypno, Electabuzz, Flareon
Blastoise, Poliwhirl, Oddish, Drowzee
Raichu, Nidoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie

Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy
Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby
Likitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran
Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan

Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill
Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey, (Pokemon!)
Parasect, Exeggcute, Muk, Dewgong
Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon

At least one hundred and fifty
Or more to see
To be a Pokemon Master
Is my destiny

Charizard, Machamp, Pinsir, Koffing
Dugtrio, Golbat, Staryu, Magikarp
Ninetales, Ekans, Omastar
Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar

Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine
Eevee, Exeggutor, Kabutops, Zapdos
Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone
Graveler, Voltorb, Gloom, (We're almost home!)

(Gotta catch 'em all - Pokemon!)

Charmeleon, Wartortle
Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl
Omanyte, Slowpoke
Pidgeot, Arbok
That's all, folks!

(Copyrights to John Loeffler I think)

I wish for the copyrights to that song.

Patinator

Smash Champion
213. No one cares about the guys who have no WiFi when it comes to non-existant Downloadable Content for Brawl.

214. There must be a Falcon Punch energy drink (No sarcasm here.).

215. All Wolf players spam FSmash and laser. It's all he's good for.

(As one could tell, I'm bitter about 215.)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario

Remaining:
Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Falco
Peach
Ike
Ice Climbers

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
hahahah original post is total win

216. If you main marth your going to get the butt end of a lame "marths a girl joke".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My numbers were skipped again. :laugh:

217. The fact that Sonic was added to Brawl but Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Big the Cat, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Cream, Dr. Eggman, etc weren't playable is a crying shame.

218. If you are three stocked in a match, immediately come here and tell people about it. Be sure to mention how depressed you now are and how you are seriously considering quitting smash altogether. Practice will not help you improve at all so just give up.

219. ATs are the only things that determine whether or not a character is good. Be sure to spam them in matches and if you don't win, become befuddled as your opponent must be cheating.

220. It is possible and realistic for Metaknight to win a match by spamming the Mach Tornado just as it was for Fox to counter every attack in Melee with the shine and win matches.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
217. No one ever reads the first post

218. Wifi players like to spam but hate it when you do the same to them

219. Pikachu is only good for thunder and dsmash

220. Your post is more intelligent then everyone else and should be quoted multiple times.

(I like the spam jokes especially since they are actually good strategies. I was thinking I should put links to other threads were people prove some of thes points)

221. 99% of all topics get off topic

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario
Game & Watch

Remaining:
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Falco
Peach
Ike
Ice Climbers

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers

Remaining:
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Falco
Peach
Ike

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Falco

Remaining:
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Peach
Ike

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Please let this be the one where Peach is eliminated.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Falco
peach

Remaining:
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.

Ike

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Your stupid request :D

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Saved:
Yoshi
PT
Diddy
C Falcon
DK
Zelda
Luigi
Pikachu
Lucario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Snake
Lucas
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Wolf
Link
Ganondorf
Marth
Mario
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Falco
peach
Ike

Remaining:
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
R.O.B.

Long gone:
Sonic-34
Shiek-35
Wario-36
Meta Knight-37

Darkurai

Smash Master
222. Brawl is not fun because some people believe that the roster is bad.
223. (before the roster was leaked) Brawl needs a character that no one expected.
224. (after the roster was leaked) R.O.B. was a bad character because no one wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom