• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You going by HIS style of Peach and not just Peach in general

Frigate, I dont know, but dont like playing there.
im going by his peach because hes 1st best of his entire state and he happens to place REALLY WELL and beat REALLY good people the times he comes to texas. I do admit i havnt played a wide variety of peach, thats why i guess ill hold of on making a 100% decision on peach vs samus untill after this weekend. i gotta play praxis

Crystanium

Smash Hero
And just what can Samus do with it more than Peach?
Peach is limited to one projectile: Turnip. If Samus a Turnip in her hand, she's not limited to only using one projectile, since all of her other projectiles are used with the B button. In other words, Samus can hold a Turnip (or any item), her Homing/Super Missiles, and Charge Shot simultaneously, whereas Peach cannot.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is limited to one projectile: Turnip. If Samus a Turnip in her hand, she's not limited to only using one projectile, since all of her other projectiles are used with the B button. In other words, Samus can hold a Turnip (or any item), her Homing/Super Missiles, and Charge Shot simultaneously, whereas Peach cannot.
First off, that makes no sense. Cause with out without a turnip, Samus can still spamm and w/e. And Peach can just get another one and also fight with a turnip. So really, holding a turnip does not change any type of balance in the match at all. And Peach only has one prejectile, so this comparision really does not make any sense.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Playing Peach players like KB and Sky the matchup is fairly even, even if she is limited in the air she does have a better all around ground game then Samus.

50/50

Crystanium

Smash Hero
First off, that makes no sense. Cause with out without a turnip, Samus can still spamm and w/e. And Peach can just get another one and also fight with a turnip. So really, holding a turnip does not change any type of balance in the match at all. And Peach only has one prejectile, so this comparision really does not make any sense.
Who said anything about holding a Turnip making a difference in the match-up? Maybe you should reread what I said.

50-50 is reasonable. Oh, and you better watch out when Samus has Peach's Turnip, since she can probably do more with it than Peach. Nothing looks greater than what I did when I brawled with King Beef.
So, I said the match-up was even. What I said after that has nothing to do with the match-up. Rather, it's a response to what Rickety-doo-da-day said about Peach and her glide tossing. Please don't make an argument for the sake of arguing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah, Samus can still spam, but she's got an extra projectile. I fought King Beef and I glide tossed a Turnip at him. He shielded it, and then I waited for him to drop his shield, which was shortly after, and he took the blast from my Charge Shot. Peach can't do that.
Give Peach an arm gun and yes she can.

She does not have one so this is pointless to say. This seriously makes no sense to even say at all. I can glide toss you>w/e I want. Big whoop.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok, I have plenty of experience with this matchup and I use both characters so I'll contribute some words. ^.^

Peach: Her air game is heavily restricted from mid-long range due to Samus' zair and missiles, so the most efficient way to approach in the matchup is to powershield missiles and the zair (if you have the timing down, that is). By doing this, it opens up opportunities for Peach to get in close to rack up some damage with a short hopped dair, nair, f-tilt, slaps, or a grab. Dash attacks are also a good choice to get in close and interrupt Samus' rhythm, so make sure to pop her with one before she has a chance to effectively zair you (similar to its use against Marth's fairs).

It helps to have a turnip in hand when you approach Samus on the ground, because glide tossing is a good way to immediately close in after you shield a zair/missile. If there is an opportunity to punish samus with a floating dair, then by all means go for it, but be wary of her Up B OoS if she has her shield up. Bait smashes and missed UP B attempts from Samus with Peach's double jump, and punish accordingly. Watch for any potential charge shot lead-ins. Toad against any obvious opportunities.

Samus: There is one key word to remember against the Peach matchup...Restriction.
Restrict her air game (floating aerials, spaced fairs, or just jumping in general) with zair and homing missiles. If she happens to be in the air and is up close, you have three decent options to retaliate with IMO: nair OoS, Up B OoS, or a retreating fair/bair. Samus' uair and dair have their uses in the matchup, but are more situational than the rest of her options so use them only when there is an obvious opportunity to. Be very careful of Peach's u-smash and u-tilt. Avoid being above her as much as possible, also because she can punish airdodges very well with her nair, fair, uair, and u-smash. Some Peaches may try to creep in with a bomber once in a while, so be alert to make them miss and punish hard with a f-smash/d-smash. Be sure to sneak in a charge shot or create an opportunity for one amongst your missiles and zair barrages.

Most of it is common sense, but I hope it helps to contribute.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Give Peach an arm gun and yes she can.

She does not have one so this is pointless to say. This seriously makes no sense to even say at all. I can glide toss you>w/e I want. Big whoop.
Except, Peach doesn't have an Arm Cannon, so that's irrelevant. It's fine that Peach can glide toss. Why don't you actually pay attention to what was being said, instead of arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You going on that when Samus has a turnip, she can do more than Peach can with one. No she can not. Nothing changes. Talking about if Samus has a projectile, she is not limited to only one. With or without a turnip, samus still has more than one. That is what I am getting at.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You going on that when Samus has a turnip, she can do more than Peach can with one. No she can not. Nothing changes. Talking about if Samus has a projectile, she is not limited to only one. With or without a turnip, samus still has more than one. That is what I am getting at.
Extra projectile offers an extra options.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also takes away your air moves. so if I am near you can't use a projectile in risk of getting hit in the process. which brings it right back to square 1.

I can use my air moves just fine with a turnip and I don't ever need to Z-drop to keep going with the air moves. Presure then follow up with a turnip>w/e

So comes right back down to even.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Also takes away your air moves. so if I am near you can't use a projectile in risk of getting hit in the process. which brings it right back to square 1
All right, I see you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. You're so desperate to set up scenarios like this one. It's understandable. Some people choose willingly to continue arguing, despite the fact that they've already lost the argument. So, whatever. I'll let you think you gained the day.

So comes right back down to even.
And this is just proof you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All right, I see you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. You're so desperate to set up scenarios like this one. It's understandable. Some people choose willingly to continue arguing, despite the fact that they've already lost the argument. So, whatever. I'll let you think you gained the day.
What the hell? I'm being serious here. I'm not trying to argue but just making a point. stop assuming so much. Just as you are telling me what Samus can do, I am telling you what Peach can do.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What the hell? I'm being serious here. I'm not trying to argue but just making a point. stop assuming so much. Just as you are telling me what Samus can do, I am telling you what Peach can do.
And I'm joking. The difference between you and me is that I'm not setting up scenarios like you. I don't need to. I mean, come on, "Also takes away your air moves"? If you're near me, I can't use projectiles without the risk of getting hit? No one said anything about this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Again, I am explaining what Peach can do. It is a match up discussion. So I am doing what I am suppose to do so people know what the character can do and have better understanding of the match up. I'm doing my job as a Peach main.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think this matchup is even. That z-air destroys me x_x.

If I can get close to Samus then its ok, but playing against Xyro's Samus...thats kind of hard to do >__>.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Again, I am explaining what Peach can do. It is a match up discussion. So I am doing what I am suppose to do so people know what the character can do and have better understanding of the match up. I'm doing my job as a Peach main.
Yeah, okay. I've brawled with a few Peach mains, though, so I understand what Peach is capable of doing.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
He got banned.

Again.

/Lulz!

a 20 says it was Dryn giving out infractions that got him banned.

But yes, can we right it down as even? even though Dryn versus Dark.Pch was lovely to read, they still said it was even.

moving on??

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer

/Lulz!

But yes, can we right it down as even? even though Dryn versus Dark.Pch was lovely to read, they still said it was even.

moving on??
I agree, let's move on.

Peach vs Samus is even.

As far as I could tell from a few matches I played with my Peach vs Xyro's Samus, I think Samus ***** Peach on Neutrals. But Peach does real well on CPs.

She can pressure Samus a LOT when it's up close o.o

And Samus really screws up Peach's approach with homing missiles/Z-air.

ANYWAYS.. yes, next?

Crystanium

Smash Hero

/Lulz!

moving on??
No infraction was involved. It was just a straight-up ban in another part of this messageboard, and I wasn't the one who did it.

So, we got Peach and Yoshi covered. It's just Meta Knight and Ike for now.

Ravin

Smash Lord
MK 60 - 40?

Ike 55 - 45? I dont like fighting Ikes, I have a bad phobia of it. So I could be wrong.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Holy you two Ravin and Hive, stop abusing the word "saying" :) Just saying.

Uhm I feel Like I want to give my input on Ike but I won't be able to just yet it'll prolly be later tonight unless I go out and get ripped. So I Hereby Reserve this Post for Ike! Be careful, he fights for his friends, so logically Diminish his friend count = win.
in all seriousness Write-up coming soon, and i DO agree that Falco's phantasm is Gay. I just Power-sheild till I'm standing RIGHT next time him and throw out an F smash.

Ike eh. He fights fo his friends, But things to look out for here is his insanely good set ups for kill Moves. His Nair if FF'd lets him start off his jab bringing you two to the starting point again but you have more damage. Ike likes his Side B as a move that takes away a large amount of distance between the opponent and him so Z air iis actually better than missiles IMO here.

Wow, I'm drawing a blank here guys :( Plz Add. I'd say it's about even if not a bit in our favor just because of how little he can do against our spam game. but spamming doesn't last forever unless your Serris. If he gets close though he can deal damage with Jab canceling and his Nair Fast Fallen to Utilt. Something I rarely see I them doing is Dthrow to UpB. works till about 30 - 40 on most but I assume it works better on samus as she stays in the Air longer. Not sure on that though so anyone feel free to Say I'm wrong. Def's add ****z to this match up though

There is no way that you should be getting super owned by Ikes aerials in this. Unless he starts it off by using Nair to get you into the air. All of his Aerials are best countered by shielding and then doing what we do best, start a chain of attacks leading to mass amounts of damage.

I said this earlier about Ike but I don't overly know much about the match-up so I guess use this as a starter or consider it my 2 cents, either or. I'm not adding color to this becasue it'd be way too crazy. And that's rather unfortunate Dryn, But good discussion :) Ike 60 - 40 tops I say.
Mk, well it can be anywhere as ******** as 70-30 or higher. I seriously doubt that Hive has it in the right at 95-5 but she does bring valid points that he shuts us down in EVERY conceivable way :(

Hive

Smash Lord
hmmm, i'd say peach-samus is nearly even but peach has the slight advantage (maybe somewhere between, 50-50, 55-45 or 60-40 peach's advantage lol i'm so bad at assigning numbers to this kind of stuff ^^), simply because she can avoid samus' kos so well ^^
oh, basically whate edreese said already lol :p

this matchup is definitely really fun for me to play though imo ^^ both characters have such an even time with each other and both have unique gameplay styles :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, if any of you plan to write an article like what we have been NORMALLY doing. please follow the format

Rhyme

Smash Lord
^^^^WTF @ Rhyme.
Huh?? >.>

MK and Oli are the worst. I've played Blackwaltz many times, he grabs me everytime I approach, and showers me in pikmin from afar...tough stuff to beat.
I agree with what other people are saying. The Falcos you play give up too easily. From my limited experience against D1 and a couple of random NJ Falcos, I would put the matchup at 35:65 Falco, but it's more like 45:55 Falco if the Falco doesn't have any Samus experience.

For Falco, I like to use plenty of uncharged B and weak missiles. If Falco shields then you approach. If he downBs then you Zair right through your weak projectile and hit him. If he rolls towards you then hit him with any weak attack. If he rolls away then walk forward and repeat. If he jumps then read his DI and set up your spacing for when he lands. At tipper Zair range, a phantasm puts Falco in SHDair range (or Bair if Falco was too far away from you). Falco's camping is not the disadvantage to this matchup, it is his boxing game. Somewhere in the match, Falco will learn that it benefits him more if he's a good boxer. And, since good Falco players are all good boxers, they'll usually switch up strategies at some point. Falco then goes back to camping when he's waiting to get the kill, so just play super defensive and you can tack on loads of damage until you get punished for a mistake.

i really think its 50-50. But i am open to changing my mind. This weekend(may 2nd) i get the opp to play PRAXIS(a well known peach from west coast). Hes staying at my house. I already ahve plenty of peach exp so lets see if it helps with praxis. Ill make a FINALY call by sunday. as of right now i say its 50-50
I would say it's somewhere between dead even and 45:55 Peach. A Peach who tries to outcamp Samus will ultimately fail and pitch the match in Samus' favor, but an aggressive Peach can get inside of Samus and make the match in her advantage. I've played against Hova (who does use Samus in friendlies) and Dark.Pch in tournament, and against Inui's lulzy Peach, SSR's Peach and Niko's Peach in doubles, so I do have a bit of experience with the matchup.

Hive

Smash Lord
actually i think the peach v. samus matchup is sort of weird ^^ some peaches have a harder time with her brickwall game, and some can face it relatively well, it just depends on how familiar they are with it and what their playstyles are ^^

Ravin

Smash Lord
I replied. I fight a lot of links in the Denver area. hope I helped a little bit.

(I just dont like to write for Xyro :D )

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhg, There He is
I shall go aid Them and hopefully learn how to beat Kief.

EDIT: Wth? I agree with everything Dryn said lmao. EXCEPT! the fact that he said he isn't a very good samus main. Dude, you rock get over it :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Nah, I'm not that great. I could be better, and until I am at my fullest potential, I won't accept myself being good. I'm maybe on an intermediate level, but I'm not a pro.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Nah, I'm not that great. I could be better, and until I am at my fullest potential, I won't accept myself being good. I'm maybe on an intermediate level, but I'm not a pro.

Hmm. seems a little extreme. How good is your Hand to hand? I need mine to be better and was wondering if we could try going hand to hand combat or at the very least I'd fight you with Very little spam.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
actually i think the peach v. samus matchup is sort of weird ^^ some peaches have a harder time with her brickwall game, and some can face it relatively well, it just depends on how familiar they are with it and what their playstyles are ^^
Perhaps. I have a wide variety of Peach experience, but haven't played extensively with any single Peach.

Just letting you guys know the link mains are discussing samus next. We're on AiB now if you didn't hear.
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=82514&page=11

If you guys don't have accounts there, we'd be happy to discuss here. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)
[input]Umm...[/input] :p If there's a discussion on SWF then MAYBE, but I hardly participate here so there's no chance of me moving to a different forum. >.>

Hmm. seems a little extreme. How good is your Hand to hand? I need mine to be better and was wondering if we could try going hand to hand combat or at the very least I'd fight you with Very little spam.
Is Samus' supposed to be good? So far as I can tell, she's a camper who is on the better end of hand-to-hand combat abilities. That MAY not be an accurate asessment though because I tend to give up on camping and actually fight if the character refuses to be camped (Link/Fox/ROB/Squirtle/Ike mainly for me).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Is Samus' supposed to be good? So far as I can tell, she's a camper who is on the better end of hand-to-hand combat abilities. That MAY not be an accurate asessment though because I tend to give up on camping and actually fight if the character refuses to be camped (Link/Fox/ROB/Squirtle/Ike mainly for me).
10agrees^
no, she isn't supposed to be good, in fact I think she kind of blows terribly, but if you shield dash properly it feels like she's borderline fast. Like the other night I faced a wolf main on Wi-Fi and I couldn't' camp him, he was too in my face and good at spacing, so I went aggro and won every game we played after.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Lol. Well I know she's not good hand-to-hand when compared against the entire cast, but she might be when compared against only the other campers. At least that's what I was trying to say. Now that I think about it, she's more likely average.

For some reason I have never really found shield dashing to be all that useful. I prefer to SH everywhere because it lets me assume my flow better, and that helps with both offensive and defensive game for me. But to each his own.

_clinton

Smash Master
Oh my...someone quoted me for some god forsaken reason ^_^

I should point out that I got that quote from this topic...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=48281117

Anyway...

ATTN Very scary deep voiced ladies in a metal suit who have enough firepower to blow up a planet or two...please chat in this thread about a character who happens to be a bed wetting momma's boy who happens to be 13 but looks like he is only 8 but also has enough psychic power to blow up a planet or two...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229697

This thread is just about what positive aspects a character may have on in this case...Ness in a match...and what Ness could do to get around it overall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom