• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hive

Smash Lord
no way i hate the falco matchup ; ; grounded lasers and then phantasm when samus tries to approach just wrecks her imo :p

Ravin

Smash Lord
Well. Your Zair > Phantom.

So you basically like you would Rise and Fall Zair., only when you fall you toss a grab out right after you land.

It works a bit, but when they are predictable.

Hive

Smash Lord
there are gaps in between the start and end of the zair that falco can phantasm before samus can really initiate a grab is what i'm saying, and furthermore if you grab and he doesn't phantasm you set yourself up for punishment ^^. I'm not saying there aren't ways around it... just, this move is annoying as ****!

Ravin

Smash Lord
There is gaps, but assuming you airdodge to Zair and it hits, you have enough time to throw a grab out or mix it up. All Im saying, its annoying, but you have options.

Hive

Smash Lord
I know what you are saying, but I think, in the actual matchup, it works more often than you'd expect/in theory. Not that there aren't worse things to worry about from him ^^

Ravin

Smash Lord
xD Truths. Donno. My worst matchup is Ike and Marth. I have no trouble against most campy characters Like Falco/D3 ect.

Maybe its our perspective?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hey guys, noticed you had Peach on here after browsing a bit. We did the Peach vs Samus match up a while ago in our thread and I think the general idea was around 50-50. I know a few of you took part and popped in. Feel free to check out some stuff in our thread (all currently, the write up still needs doing)

Watch out for Turnips and Glide Tossing, Dair, Fair etc etc...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hey guys, noticed you had Peach on here after browsing a bit. We did the Peach vs Samus match up a while ago in our thread and I think the general idea was around 50-50. I know a few of you took part and popped in. Feel free to check out some stuff in our thread (all currently, the write up still needs doing)

Watch out for Turnips and Glide Tossing, Dair, Fair etc etc...
50-50 is reasonable. Oh, and you better watch out when Samus has Peach's Turnip, since she can probably do more with it than Peach. Nothing looks greater than what I did when I brawled with King Beef.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Holy you two Ravin and Hive, stop abusing the word "saying" :) Just saying.

Uhm I feel Like I want to give my input on Ike but I won't be able to just yet it'll prolly be later tonight unless I go out and get ripped. So I Hereby Reserve this Post for Ike! Be careful, he fights for his friends, so logically Diminish his friend count = win.
in all seriousness Write-up coming soon, and i DO agree that Falco's phantasm is Gay. I just Power-sheild till I'm standing RIGHT next time him and throw out an F smash.

Ike eh. He fights fo his friends, But things to look out for here is his insanely good set ups for kill Moves. His Nair if FF'd lets him start off his jab bringing you two to the starting point again but you have more damage. Ike likes his Side B as a move that takes away a large amount of distance between the opponent and him so Z air iis actually better than missiles IMO here.

Wow, I'm drawing a blank here guys :( Plz Add. I'd say it's about even if not a bit in our favor just becaue of how little he can do against our spam game. but spamming doens't last forever unless your Serris. If he gets close though he can deal damage with Jab cancelling and his Nair Fast Fallen to Utilt. Something I rarely see I them doing is Dthrow to UpB. works till about 30 - 40 on msot but I assume it works better on samus as she stays in the Air longer. Not sure on that though so anyone feel free to Say I'm wrong. Def's add ****z to this match up though

There is no way that you should be getting super owned by Ikes aerials in this. Unles he starts it off by using Nair to get you into the air. All of his Aerials are best countered by shielding and then doing what we do best, start a chain of attacks leading to mass aounts of damage.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any good tips on how to fight sonic? He seems to be one of the only characters I have more trouble with. Falco probably follows a close second.
What I do is bait his runs/spin dashes with SH dairs, in general.

What in particular do you have trouble with against Sonic?

Kain6th

Smash Ace
What I do is bait his runs/spin dashes with SH dairs, in general.

What in particular do you have trouble with against Sonic?
Probably just his friggin speed. Good sonics seem to always eascape just beyond my hit radius and then come back and punish me. So i guess i just need to work on more mindgaming with him.

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
you have not played good falcos
well...these are Falcos that have placed top 10-20 at NJ tourneys...so I mean, they aren't SK92, and maybe they weren't perfect at laser spamming. But they were definately laser cancelling against me, and one well timed airdodge zair opened up more zairs, and then I found that I could fluster them.

One thing that could have been true, is that they hadn't dealt with Samus zair much, and that flustered them. "I can't believe this low tier character is troubling me..." maybe entered their heads, and they decided that they'd stop the laser work and just try to wreck Samus in close combat.

But...they aren't bad Falcos. Do we have to have played M2K to comment on the MK matchup?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
well...these are Falcos that have placed top 10-20 at NJ tourneys...so I mean, they aren't SK92, and maybe they weren't perfect at laser spamming. But they were definately laser cancelling against me, and one well timed airdodge zair opened up more zairs, and then I found that I could fluster them.

One thing that could have been true, is that they hadn't dealt with Samus zair much, and that flustered them. "I can't believe this low tier character is troubling me..." maybe entered their heads, and they decided that they'd stop the laser work and just try to wreck Samus in close combat.

But...they aren't bad Falcos. Do we have to have played M2K to comment on the MK matchup?
well it's a good idea, cause they do wreck us in close combat.
and no, no you do not have to have played M2K to comment on that, but we'll be wary of advice we take from someone we have no idea how good he or she is as samus. We aren't penalizing you for being new :p we just don't' know your skill level yet. Maybe ask dryn to wat ch some vids of you or something.

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
well it's a good idea, cause they do wreck us in close combat.
and no, no you do not have to have played M2K to comment on that, but we'll be wary of advice we take from someone we have no idea how good he or she is as samus. We aren't penalizing you for being new :p we just don't' know your skill level yet. Maybe ask dryn to wat ch some vids of you or something.
I'm going to APEX, so I'll ask M2K to friendly...I'm sure he gets a ton of people who want to play him though, so it might be tough.

I'm really not very new, I just read WAY more than I post.

Oh...and I'll be playing Samus in the tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Falco

Chances of winning: 70-30(falco favor)

How does Samus win/do well:

Pick stages that have platforms.
These can be used to attack from and to get away from lasers. You can also UP+B oos and fast fall through the platforms so he cannot follow you.

Always have a missle going towards falco.
The missle will cause falco to shield or to reflect the projectile, but in reality it makes him stop shooting LASERS which give you time to approach and attack.

GIMP GIMP GIMP.
Once falco is off stage there is NO reason why he should get back on. Super missles hurt his OVER B right after the first burts of flame wears off of the missle. Zair also stops OVER B at ANY time you use it. Do not be afraid to leap off the stage and zair falco. You can also spike his UP+B. if you dont think you can spike or zair him, predict that and fire a lock on missle ahead of time so it will knock him out of his UP+B. Its easy.

Stay in his face....sorta.
In order to keep falco from spamming you MUST stay in his face. Close enough to where he cannot grab you and close enough to where if he decide to OVER B through your shield, you can turn around and keep up the fight. This is very hard to learn but the only way you can get it is through just playing alot of falcos.

Immoral samus.
Falco is one of the few characters that CANNOT stop your plainking(ledge stalling). If he tries, he also puts himself at risk for a EASY EASY EASY spike and or gimp. To plaink(stall) with samus all you do is start the match(or gain a % or stock lead) and run off the side and UP+B back to ledge. Let go of the ledge diagonally and 2nd jump to up+b for the ledge. KEEP doing this the ENTIRE match if you want. If falco tries to grab the ledge before you, NO WORRIES! You can 2nd jump to zair(which will hit him or force him to get off ledge) then u can UP+B(which will auto attach or simply go abouve the stage for you to get on and still live. Every single falco that spams, i will play this way. WHy be fair and nice to a falco who wont be thta same way to you?

What should Samus watch out for:

Lasers.
I play sethlon alot and he sets up laser patterns then changes them so i cannot memorize what he is doing. Lasers do next to NO knockback but that are annoying, knock you out of your attacks AND each hit really adds up after a while.

CG.
Yes he cant chain grab you but he can get a FREE down throw to nair. Its free damage he gets on you. It works for a LONG LONG time. up untill 110% iirc.

The immoral falco.
There will be some falcos that will spam lasers and then OVER B when you get too close. There really isnt anything you can do for this so i recommend you become Immoral(see immoral samus section above)

Jab to grab.
Falcos jab comes out SUPER quick and it almost always leads to a grab and most likely a down throw to nair so please watch out.

What stages should Samus counter pick/Ban:

Stay away from FD(falco spam central) and Jungle japes(falco spike central). I recommend BF(platforms) and or pkmn 1(platforms and very odd ledge that messes up falcos).

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
For Ike. Zair all the time. Spam all the time. My best advice is to keep your distance, because once we get in close to a spammy character, we do our best not to put much distance between us again.. until we're trying to kill you, of course.
Do your best to gimp Ike... that's just how he gets killed by... anyone.
We like to jab and set up "combos" to and from jab I really don't know how good your up-close game is, but, if it's not.. get out and send projectiles. Our aerial attacks are all pretty good, and Fair has great range, so use Zair to prevent that.

Unfortunately, that's my whole two cents (and I really don't know if my advice is very great), because I know so little about Samus. Another Ike or two should probably post and hopefully give you a lot more help.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I believe Peach-Samus to be ever so slightly in Peach's favor, but it's pretty close to even. I give a slight edge to Peach because she has the advantage on FD and Smashville but Samus has the advantage on only Battlefield when it comes to the nuetrals. This is because the best way to combat zairs (go really high and drop turnips down or come down with down airs or come down behind her) is removed if Samus can hide under platforms.

Samus can rack up damage on Peach really fast with her camping game but she cannot and will not KO a Peach anytime early if Peach starts doing everything she can to avoid Samus's main kill moves. Peach tends to chip and chip away at percentage until Samus can finally get some kind of kill off. This is my experience against every Samus I've played.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I need to chime in...

Falco is NOT one of Samus' worst matchups.

I have beaten some pretty decent Falcos at tournaments. (K.I.D., 34)...the key to the matchup is to AIRDODGE Zair, once you land one zair, keep zairing. (sometimes the Falco will give up on spamming if you beat the lasers a few times, and then you are GOLD)

I keep saying that over and over to ppl (not only here) but your actually the first person to share my thoughts. Zair is the only and best thing you can do that but it just requires to take some hits in to deal out another and it really does stop falcos on camping

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
I keep saying that over and over to ppl (not only here) but your actually the first person to share my thoughts. Zair is the only and best thing you can do that but it just requires to take some hits in to deal out another and it really does stop falcos on camping
on the "does really well aganist samus" list, falco is definently very high up there. i can't really think of too many others that do as well/better than him except for like mk, marth, d3 and maybe someone else. a little airdodge zair won't really help all too much. sure it works some of the time, but falco has the power to change the rate in which lasers come out and potentially stop the zair alltoghter for the most part. try playing a good falco with good experience aganist samus (thats what i have to put up with). its hell

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
50-50 is reasonable. Oh, and you better watch out when Samus has Peach's Turnip, since she can probably do more with it than Peach. Nothing looks greater than what I did when I brawled with King Beef.
And just what can Samus do with it more than Peach?

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
on the "does really well aganist samus" list, falco is definently very high up there. i can't really think of too many others that do as well/better than him except for like mk, marth, d3 and maybe someone else. a little airdodge zair won't really help all too much. sure it works some of the time, but falco has the power to change the rate in which lasers come out and potentially stop the zair alltoghter for the most part. try playing a good falco with good experience aganist samus (thats what i have to put up with). its hell
It doesnt matter how many other characters are great against samus. Yeah it definitely is hell to play a falco i just point out to keep on zairing the camper for 7% over and over. he could camp the whole game and i would just keep on zairing it all the time wouldnt matter much since he cant laser right after he got hit by the zair. and all the falcos i knew and yeah most likely they suck as you say (i suck aswell so its okay) are getting mare aggrovated by my zair and start getting into closer combat.

Or would you think a falco would really laser to build up damage? If the opponent cant help itself i bet they would but getting approached is usually easier than approaching. if i would be a camper and i get hit by my target id see no point in camping.

and im not so sure about xyros edge techinque thing because falcos bair ***** the screw attack, or i just understood it kinda wrong

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
yes.

airdodge to zair. airdoge can cancel into zair at any time while holding an item.

Ok, I can pick up a turnip at any time while you are holding mines.

" what if you are getting spammed, it be hard to do that"

It's called being smart about it. Or I can just turnip cancel off the edge to get one. Done.

I can use Also Dodge while having a turnip in my hand:
Z-Drop>Air dodge> Z-grab.

Also I can do one think you can't. I can use all my air attacks while holding a turnip.

Xyro77

Ok, I can pick up a turnip at any time while you are holding mines.

" what if you are getting spammed, it be hard to do that"

It's called being smart about it. Or I can just turnip cancel off the edge to get one. Done.

I can use Also Dodge while having a turnip in my hand:
Z-Drop>Air dodge> Z-grab.

Also I can do one think you can't. I can use all my air attacks while holding a turnip.
We can drop the item mid air, active an aerial(this picks up the turnip again) that will hit you. So ina way samus can do the same, its just harder and less viable.

but in reality we really dont need a turnip AT ALL. We have 2 missles, Charge shot and zair. Turnips are only good with samus for the glide toss.

2-3 weeks ago i played KOS-MOS(oklahomas best player) and i learned what TO and what NOT to do vs peach and i honestly think its 50-50. Sure peach can KO faster than samus can. But once peach goes in the air(where her combos are at) samus shuts it down HARD. U-tilts WRECKS peaches approach and falling u-air to UP+B destroys her if she sits still.

i really think its 50-50. But i am open to changing my mind. This weekend(may 2nd) i get the opp to play PRAXIS(a well known peach from west coast). Hes staying at my house. I already ahve plenty of peach exp so lets see if it helps with praxis. Ill make a FINALY call by sunday. as of right now i say its 50-50

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I agree that it's 50-50. Samus outranges Peach as far as I know.

Xyro do you ever play Wifi? I'd like to play your Samus.

Dark.Pch I'd like to play your Peach too, I know you're on AiB chat a lot. (I'm Smash God).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I agree that it's 50-50. Samus outranges Peach as far as I know.

Xyro do you ever play Wifi? I'd like to play your Samus.

Dark.Pch I'd like to play your Peach too, I know you're on AiB chat a lot. (I'm Smash God).
Clearly :) no Xyro doesn't play wi-fi ever :( Although if you wanna **** a samus main I'm all for getting my butt handed to me.

Yeah I'd say it's 50-50 our Ftilt out spaces any of her attacks except her smashwith a gold club I do believe. But our Tilt comes out faster thus giving us the winning chance there. Secondly as Xyro said the Utilt totally wrecks peach, and that is true. it cancels out your turnips so if you hover and throw one then move in for a Dair you'll still prolly get hit by another Utilt.

Also I agree with CREWS, Falco is easily one of the best cp's for samus. Air dodging to Z air works but you take more damage than he does. which isn't good. Also our combo'ing ability once you get past the lasers is shut down as his attacks come out faster than ours, and unless your spamming U air, or F air, has more priority than ours. so basically we have trouble camping and have trouble Close range fighting. It's not a fun experience

Xyro77

i used to play online ALL the time. but i learned there were so many things i CANT do online that i can do offline. if any of you want to wifi im still able to

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I never gave Peach this match up, it is even.

Also, Peach does not need to be in the air to start her combos, that a typical Peach if that is all you see for combos.

Xyro77

I never gave Peach this match up, it is even.

Also, Peach does not need to be in the air to start her combos, that a typical Peach if that is all you see for combos.
all i was saying is it greatly restricts peachs air movment. that CANT be good for her. i really think its even

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Anything that gets taken from her in the air she can make up on the ground and the other way around.

And I said also that it was even.

Xyro77

Anything that gets taken from her in the air she can make up on the ground and the other way around.

And I said also that it was even.

from playing KOSMOS. taking away his dair/slap/bair decimated his style. the only time he could use those were out of sheild or if he got close when i used an attack those 3 moves could go through.

PS: his best level is frigate. is that a good peach stage?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
from playing KOSMOS. taking away his dair/slap/bair decimated his style. the only time he could use those were out of sheild or if he got close when i used an attack those 3 moves could go through.

PS: his best level is frigate. is that a good peach stage?
You going by HIS style of Peach and not just Peach in general

Frigate, I dont know, but dont like playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom