• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Guaranteed Grab Releases

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't work scrubs I was keeping it on the jk.

Gebz is what the same as the other grab? the shielding shield one? that actually has more range so it would be better.
I was just asking that if the sliding shield has the same effect as ike's chain grab -_-

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Not in PS2 I wonder what kind of doubles combos can do like this. I team up with a jigs/PT main so if we ever fight another PT we can do grab release to Fsmash lol.

Grab release to regrab also ends up with a walk off Fair so yah take that steelers fan.

•Col•

Smash Champion
yah coloya was just being a noob don't listen to him.

Anyways that pivot grab thing doesn't work. Well the pivot boost doesn't I can't imagine the normal one working.
Hey, wtf? D:

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that this chaingrab only works on Squirtle right now.... ;_; He's not even a full character; He's 1/3 a character... So you're not going to be able to use this that much... =[

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Air Release to Dash attack on Squirtle CAN be power shielded, as can AR to QD.
Aww.

Grab release to regrab also ends up with a walk off Fair so yah take that steelers fan.
Success!

Muhuhuhuhuhuhuhu. This is so very, very awesome. We're pushing Ike up the tier list as we speak!
Ike for top tire.

EDIT:
Hey, wtf? D:

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that this chaingrab only works on Squirtle right now.... ;_; He's not even a full character; He's 1/3 a character... So you're not going to be able to use this that much... =[
The CG isn't the important part, really. It's just a symbol. What IS important here are all these random walk-off Fairs that we get. Free 13% plus easy edgeguarding? Sure, why not.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yall are GAY

i'm going to counter this discovery with an ivy grab release into upsmash combo

TAKE THAT

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Muhuhuhuhuhuhuhu. This is so very, very awesome. We're pushing Ike up the tier list as we speak!
xD. But remember it doesnt work on everyone, but it may be considered. We should see what comes out of it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey, someone test Ground Release to Regrab on Lucario. I think it might be legit :0
......... o_O Wtf? I really don't see that working on Lucario..............

I'm going to be VERY surprised if it works.

•Col•

Smash Champion
xD. But remember it doesnt work on everyone, but it may be considered.
It would still be improving his metagame, which, in theory, help to advance him in the tier list.

The only way this wouldn't help to move him up, is if every other character advanced their metagame by even more... xD

Hoser

Smash Ace
He doesn't move very far at all with ground release. It's very hard to test by myself though. (It wasn't hard for Squirtle though, I tied a rubber band around the L button on P2's controller XD)

Edit: aww, I thought it would. :(

•Col•

Smash Champion
He doesn't move very far at all with ground release. It's very hard to test by myself though. (It wasn't hard for Squirtle though, I tied a rubber band around the L button on P2's controller XD)

Edit: aww, I thought it would. :(
Also, there's always the double stick di link I posted a few pages ago... You have to take that into consideration as well... xD

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
But still even if it improoves a little his metagame i think that if he can only do that with squirtle(for now) its should just be the begining of his position upgrade in the tier list.

•Col•

Smash Champion
But still even if it improoves a little his metagame i think that if he can only do that with squirtle(for now) its should just be the begining of his position upgrade in the tier list.
Ike has a grab release setup to do SOMETHING against almost every character... I'd say that'd help a bit... >.>

no it doesn't

edit: coloya is trying to double post report him
LOL, what's with you tonight? xD You're bein crazy.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Ike has a grab release setup to do SOMETHING against almost every character... I'd say that'd help a bit... >.>

LOL, what's with you tonight? xD You're bein crazy.
Well now that you put it that way, it may.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I can't do this walkoff fair with Ike. I guess I don't have any skill with Ike, against Squirtle.

All things considered, can't Squirtle just stop Ike with Up B anyway, when he's off-stage? I guess it'll help Ike's cause in terms of wracking up damage and stalling.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think it might just lead to speed hug off the stage that would be awesome don't even try to hit him just roll and move slanted down.

edit: probably not but meh if they try to up B out of the Fair its like lolz noob. I turned my wii off so someone else test it.

edit2: I am a bit hyper today.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
I think it might just lead to speed hug off the stage that would be awesome don't even try to hit him just roll and move slanted down.

edit: probably not but meh if they try to up B out of the Fair its like lolz noob. I turned my wii off so someone else test it.

edit2: I am a bit hyper today.
Lol, no kidding xD

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy

Eh, Squirtle can easily make it back to the stage from that point. As for the second part, it'll hit Ike first. I just tried this with a friend. I can't seem to walkoff and fair him. I can jump back and fair, but then that's just prediction, not really a chain.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Who the hell gets hyper on smashboards anyways its like such a gay thing to do.

Also if you catch someone who wasted there second jump isn't it an infinite if they air release? Just saw the thing on warrio and if you think about it it should work on people. That also means that almost everyone whos taller than who ever the shortest character is has an infinite if they wasted there second jump lol.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
^ Yeah, something like that. However, there are some characters who jump break too high/far for you to be able to consistently regrab them, so you have to settle for an attack. Wario should be jumping straight up... which is pretty much **** on his end.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah but squirtle goes really far away if he went even a bit further it wouldn't work so guess it just needs some testing to see on who it works and who it doesn't. Plus you have to watch out because a lot of people might attack.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Shall I go ahead and delete the Lucario grab release then?
Sadly, it looks like it. I'm going to do some testing on it tomorrow with a friend though. If I happen to find otherwise, I'll record it and post it. (I really think it might be possible, it's just ****ing hard to time perfect.)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
do 1 /4th speed to get the timing better. Guess everything will have to be retested once a frame by frame play mode hack comes out. *looks at kirk*

Lol it would be awesome if Ike actually had an infinite on everyone you just have to be like super perfect with timing.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ness boards came up with some kinda super di thing to get out of marth infinites, maybe it'd work for squirtle in this case.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
If the regrab fails cuase the opponent atacked in the air then there are a lot of chances that the opponent will atack you(althought not necesarily). And ike with an infinite on everyone? Well thatd be something to be hyperactive about. It would be awesome.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I'm hoping he has more then one chain grab. Tomorrow, I'm gonna test different possibilities on Lucario, Falco, Olimar, and Dedede. If we can find a chain grab, or at least a guaranteed release to attack, then we can better these match-ups.
ness boards came up with some kinda super di thing to get out of marth infinites, maybe it'd work for squirtle in this case.
That's already been tested. It's a legit chain grab.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Are you going to test it with frames and all that to?. Ill be checking this anyways.

PD: Lol. Then yeah kirk has a new job to do xD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
*reads this thread* >_>

Hey, fellow Ikes: Calm the hell down!

I know this is exciting and all, but I wasn't expecting 3 extra pages of giddiness. >_>

Top Bottom