• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I agree with Gi but in a less vulgar way, making it 2weeks before RoS was unneccessary and very easy to take the wrong way,especially when you have barely anything confirmed for this,kinda shady. Regardless though Canada is producing crazy amounts of hype in 2012 and i hope both events go well, just expect pop-offs irl

:phone:

Patches

Smash Master
I can completely understand why they're pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was hosting it.

Real talk. This should have been up after RoS. And perhaps the date should have been after WHOBO or somethig

On a more friendly note. Anyone decent want to team? America? Canada? Idgaf from where

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Why would they flop? This is in 5 months LOL if you can't gather 30$ in 5 months, then wow. Ya'll getting pissed for no reason. It's not like when Cruxis put his tournament NEXT to someone's forgot whose. Turn the fire guns down.

Also tinman I suggest you put a online reg thingy. Best way to have an accurate attendance list.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
I'm only attending because M2K isn't..

lol no really, never been to Toronto, even though I have my aunt there. :/ I have faith in this tourney being capped for venue saturation, relocated or run in 3 days or something, having it announced so early.

I'll try to hype my peoples so we get a good crew from Montreal.

It'll be just like STYC2, except now we're coming for YOU!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I can completely understand why they're pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was hosting it.

Real talk. This should have been up after RoS. And perhaps the date should have been after WHOBO or somethig

On a more friendly note. Anyone decent want to team? America? Canada? Idgaf from where
i owe u bro, lets team at this

Patches

Smash Master
Why would they flop? This is in 5 months LOL if you can't gather 30$ in 5 months, then wow. Ya'll getting pissed for no reason. It's not like when Cruxis put his tournament NEXT to someone's forgot whose. Turn the fire guns down.

Also tinman I suggest you put a online reg thingy. Best way to have an accurate attendance list.
Fair enough. I just wanna see both tournaments hyped up. And plus, I mean. Some people are flying to both, so it probably gets pricey

Edit: we goin' in alex

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TinMan/keitaro/whoever else that is worried. WHOBO 4 will be in august. so dont worry about my event conflicting with yours.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
delay our $20 MM to this tourney since im not coming to ROS alright
Definitely.

This. At this point it seems like people are just doing whatever they can in their power to ***** about Tin.

WE HAVE 2 DIFFERENT AMAZING TOs THAT ARE EACH RUNNING THEIR OWN AMAZING TOURNAMENT, AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.

And yes, online registration is a good idea. Tin, I'm obviously coming to this, and I'm bringing a Wii as well.

Edit: **** you Poke :awesome:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
From what Gi spoke to me about it,its something personal/between him and Tin in regards to the way the scene is managed that is at the root of why hes pissed. But he said hes gonna talk to him about it in person so ill leave it at that as there both grown men and can handle their problems w.o needing to be spoken for. Like I said in the end I want both events to be successful, but the impression Tin gives Gi(and also me) makes us feel like he doesnt want the same.

Regardless I cant wait to see David vs PP at this

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
You guys are tripping.

Tournies happen in North America every week or so. If you were to blame Tin Man for robbing some of the attendance for your tourney, it would realistically have to be in the same month. There's no way this announcement can significantly affect turnouts. If anything, Gi should be happy there's a continuity of implication of his community, having people notice Ontario as an active SSB region.

Then again, pre-established beef is often hard to overlook.

And Killmaster, I see you lurkin!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
the thing about TO is that we are really working hard to get recognized, and Joe/Gi were really aiming for RoS to be that first tourney to get Ontario hyped up and recognized. i have no beef with tin or what he did, but i am not going to lie as a third party who just sees the thread, i feel like tin's took hype away from joe's tourney; even if it was not intentional. there was already a blog posted about this on AiB and that blog was recommended, while none of the numerous blogs hyping RoS got that attention.

Using the word "national," and setting up a 2-day event with round 1 and round 2 pool system, making it MK banned, and having this in the summer which is a "better" time for tourneys all contribute to taking hype away from joe's tourney. tin should have posted the thread after RoS was over forreal, because travelling out of region is not easy or enjoyable to do, and many americans might not be up for doing that twice, which is why they might choose to go to only one tourney; that may being this one, taking away from joe's.

plus in general its kind of a **** move to promote your tourney when another BIG one is going to happen in just 2 weeks. youre basically taking away attention and hype from it, and for what purpose? this is in 5 months, the thread really couldnt have waited a couple more weeks? i just dont see the reason in when this thread was posted, it could easily have waited. what was the impulse (no pun intended) to post it right now? especially since, as joe said, not that much has been confirmed yet.

just my 2 cents though tin knows i love him, joe knows i love him, and if i could i would attend both. i am super hyped for both though, even made a ****en song to hype RoS, **** might even make a song to hype this out too cause i love our scene and i WANT people to come to BOTH tourneys.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman

I agree entirely :) As one of Tin's helpers, Ive obviously known about this for awhile, and never once has it made me feel less hyped about Revival of Salt. ROS and Impulse are nationals, there huge, the hype for them both is SOO big, I dont think it can be lost THAT quickly. If people can manage to go to APEX AND ROS within two monthes between each other... i don't thing ROS and Impulse within FIVE months of each other is going to be THAT different. That's just my opinion, but either way, everyone in our region knows Tin loves hosting and being a tournament organizer. It was only a matter of time before he took his love of hosting to the next level, and I for one am proud to support this :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
While I MAY agree that Tin Man should have posted this after Revival of Salt was over and done with.
It just seems to me that he wants the biggest attendance possible, to further have Canada recognized as a smash scene, than to have it ignored like it has in the past.

Also, look at how many Tournaments the States have, I don't think anyone has complained about theirs.

I do have to agree with Snow Shard on him saying that This is going to steal the attendance away from Revival of Salt, considering it's 5 Months and 7 days and hours away.

And when I saw this thread, I foresaw Gi's post coming.

Though, in the past, other Tourney hosts, such as Warchamp have delayed advertising their tourney until Tin's tourney has been over with. I don't blame him for wanting a hugs attendance and helping Canada be recognized more than Gi and To Joe have already done. I give him kudos for trying to host a big event in Canada.

Though, hopefully, he'll show us the same respect the others have shown hin in regards to Tournaments.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
the thing about TO is that we are really working hard to get recognized, and Joe/Gi were really aiming for RoS to be that first tourney to get Ontario hyped up and recognized. i have no beef with tin or what he did, but i am not going to lie as a third party who just sees the thread, i feel like tin's took hype away from joe's tourney; even if it was not intentional. there was already a blog posted about this on AiB and that blog was recommended, while none of the numerous blogs hyping RoS got that attention.

Using the word "national," and setting up a 2-day event with round 1 and round 2 pool system, making it MK banned, and having this in the summer which is a "better" time for tourneys all contribute to taking hype away from joe's tourney. tin should have posted the thread after RoS was over forreal, because travelling out of region is not easy or enjoyable to do, and many americans might not be up for doing that twice, which is why they might choose to go to only one tourney; that may being this one, taking away from joe's.

plus in general its kind of a **** move to promote your tourney when another BIG one is going to happen in just 2 weeks. youre basically taking away attention and hype from it, and for what purpose? this is in 5 months, the thread really couldnt have waited a couple more weeks? i just dont see the reason in when this thread was posted, it could easily have waited. what was the impulse (no pun intended) to post it right now? especially since, as joe said, not that much has been confirmed yet.

just my 2 cents though tin knows i love him, joe knows i love him, and if i could i would attend both. i am super hyped for both though, even made a ****en song to hype RoS, **** might even make a song to hype this out too cause i love our scene and i WANT people to come to BOTH tourneys.
It really doesn't matter, people who are coming to TO Joe and GI's tournament are going and confirmed. Tinman's tourney is BRAWL and MELEE, more time for Melee people to plan or think about going. You guys need to stop being uh scared of losing attendance, you'll get what you're suppose to get. Let Tinman do his own work.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
lol like i said i personally dont really care, im just explaining how joe and gi feel cause i understand

lmao i keep getting infractions for ****en censor dodging i dont know why they bother with it, im never gonna stop and ive been doin it for years i dont know why all of a sudden theyve caught on haha

inb4ban

-Googs

Smash Lord
I'll come to this but I really think that the venue won't be able to handle a large-scale national. Good luck with this though..should be fun.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just a few words. Gonna keep em short, then move on.

- I'm not out to get at anyone's tourney lol. I just wanted a lot of notice. Given the things I've set in motion with the people I talked to (sponsors, etc), I couldn't necessarily afford to wait since those certain people want results.

- At the end of the day, the product is different. MK banned + Melee. Was really waiting for apex hype to die down some, to get this some attention.

Anything more can be said to me in person in a couple of weeks, moving on...

- Thanks for the heads up Xyro! I think whith Whobo being in August, this is now officially THE WORLDS 1ST MK BANNED NATIONAL ^_^.

- The venue I'm workin on will make all of your jaws drop ;)

- I'm way ahead of you Ally on the online registration =D
(Hopefully things work out xD)

Bing

Smash Master
Announcing a tournament 5 months in advanced is a good thing... And I dont see how i would kill any hype... Like honestly. We are trying to host a national, which should have lots of notice considering its Canada's first.

To People who are concerned with the spacing, we are looking into this.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Announcing a tournament 5 months in advanced is a good thing... And I dont see how i would kill any hype... Like honestly. We are trying to host a national, which should have lots of notice considering its Canada's first.

To People who are concerned with the spacing, we are looking into this.
If I recall RoS is Canada's First National of course being MK legal unless there was one before I joined the scene haha. Regardless of that... this is Canada's first MK BAN national. So yay~ :3

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming foe sho, well not entirely for sure since nothing is for sure; I could possibly die before this date arrives, yeah, all of you just think about that, I could die... death. But yeah, I'll be coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom