• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoa didn't know this was happening... Luckily I looked at KK's sig for some reason. WHEEE. I want to come to Canada for this : D

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I think the whole ""MMs have priority over friendlies" is total BS. No way im getting kicked off a tv for a MM. That should only be allowed if that setup is one of the persons MMing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I agree with Metal Reeper.

That rule is too exploitable anyway.

"I'm having a $0.05 MM. Get off."

Like, no. That rule beckons too much nonsense.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Hmm PEI may have to show up to this tourney, we reppin with that anne of green gables ****.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I will go if and only if:

1. Tin Man starts a player fund for me. "Bring DeLux to Canada"
2. Swordgard will be my friend and teach me how to play ICs

These are my conditions and they are not negotiable

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You are officially not allowed to edit that post. I'll start the fund, but theres nowhere saying that you need a certain threshold of money! So even if the fund doesn't raise a cent, you must go!

(so long as swordgard agrees to the second condition).

DeLux

But if the player fund doesn't raise money, then I can't afford to go so all bets are off at that point >_>

Seriously, if you guys can pay for me to get to Canada, I can figure out how to get home.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
0.01% of Lux's money earned should be placed in the Sinister fund

i'm missing RoS too cause i'm a poorfag

Toronto needs BC :urg:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually that Gdlike hoodie loooks... GDLIKE. lol I like it, I might get it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey Tin I may have some swag I may want to sell at this, I'll talk to you about it later.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
after talking to Tin Man im pretty sure I'm going to this as long as I can get the money somehow... after all can't be a Canadian National without PEI :$

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
after talking to Tin Man im pretty sure I'm going to this as long as I can get the money somehow... after all can't be a Canadian National without PEI :$
PEI represent! Should of damn played me while I was living there for 3 1/2 months in Summerside! :glare:

I remember talking to you, but you didn't want to play me or something??? This was back in 2008 while I was living there from September - almost New Years in January.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Hmm I really want to go to this just for Melee (would probably enter Brawl too) but it's really close to Evo which I am 100% going to. It might be hard to get the additional funds (and more importantly the extra time off work) but I'll try.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Fact: I have over 25 browser tabs open at all time, it is not because you see me actively viewing a thread that I am looking at it.

Put me down for 20$ in that fund for delux, I guess if holy could give it to tin or something at RoS and I would pay him back. I can't confirm 100%, but I should be there. I am pretty sure I will have work on that monday and not sure I can take off lol. Worst case scenario I'l miss part of the sunday tourney, although it would be nice if the brackets could end not too late or something.

Also pretty sure we can be friends and share ics tips without you making it part of the conditions to go lol.

DeLux

Alright, Swordgard is in

Tinny, please make a thread for me :D :D :D
What city is this so I can get a tentative estimate please

Also, why are you not using Unity 2.1?

Patches

Smash Master
The tournament is in Toronto. If you're flying, the best airport to come into would be Pearson.

Edit: yeah. Use unity 2.1 so I can use brinstar and rainbow again.
:phone:

DeLux

It's actually a shorter drive to Toronto than it was to Apex O_O

2100 miles / 28.5 mpg (what we got to Apex from KS) = 74 gallons

Assuming gas is like $3.80 a gallon by then, gas will be around $281.

Plus I need to get a passport. What is the difference between a passport card and passport book ?

One costs $30 the other costs $110

idea

Smash Master
Dunno, I'm not sure if we have that option. Google will probably tell you.

Also, gas is more expensive in Canada...just sayin'. Right now it's about $1.20 per liter, you can figure out the conversion rate, but I'm pretty sure a liter is less than 1/3 of a gallon...

You know those big bottles of coke? That's 2 liters.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It's actually a shorter drive to Toronto than it was to Apex O_O

2100 miles / 28.5 mpg (what we got to Apex from KS) = 74 gallons

Assuming gas is like $3.80 a gallon by then, gas will be around $281.

Plus I need to get a passport. What is the difference between a passport card and passport book ?

One costs $30 the other costs $110
http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

Basically it cost 55$ if it's the first time and you can do everything except travel by air.
Get the passport card obviously and why don't you get a full carpool and split a bit of gas in order to get here, I really doubt many people are going to donate for your fund no offense.

DeLux

Thanks for the info Holynightmare, despite killing the momentum my Swordgard pledge had going for me

-Googs

Smash Lord
Just get a job...this is far away and i doubt there is any serious circumstances stopping you from working in the meantime

DeLux

I work two jobs, have an unpaid internship, and go to class full time, as well as TO on the two Saturdays a month I do get off.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It'll be cool to see all you people without having to sit in a car for 8 hours first :D
I would also like to play you again man. : D

@Delux: Where you trying to get there from? I'm very interested in going, so if you wanna Carpool I am down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom