• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
o_O

Blade Concannon's is the shiz, there's a new one right by my apartment. It's a bakery/restaurant/coffee bar. We def need to go sometime.

EDIT: Btw, there's another one in Farmland with a party room! Possible tourney venue?? :bee:
We'll have to go try it out this week or some time soon, and we'll definitely check out the place in Farmland.

Count

Smash Champion
Yes, Blade, the Colts are terrible.

Finishing 16-3, with a division championship and an AFC championship. Losing one game they tried in. They are soooooo bad.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the game, and honestly thought the Saints deserved to win. It wasn't like the Colts handed them the game. They had to work hard! And it's always nice to see a team win the 'bowl for the first time. Good game on both sides, I say.

[/off topic]

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yes, Blade, the Colts are terrible.

Finishing 16-3, with a division championship and an AFC championship. Losing one game they tried in. They are soooooo bad.
AHAHAHA... wait.. wait, they tried in this one game? So you consider the rest of the season a fluke and they really didn't deserve the Super Bowl? So every game they came back in was basically no skill of the Colts and just the other team failing? (yes, the Jets failed in the second half)

That's exactly what I am getting out of this.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
So the fact is... that the Colts tried when they were already losing and won their games. So this time, they were winning and decided that was good enough and lost. It's just like the regular season Jets/Colts game, they had a good lead, took their starters out and lost. They gave up in that game. Buffalo was a very understandable game that they did not leave starters in that long because it was a snowy hell.

But anyway, why cause a deficit for yourself and have to come back and win it, then get a good lead then lose? I don't get it, and thats exactly how the Colts season was.

@ Avarice: Yes Man U is tearing it up, as they do almost every year.

Count

Smash Champion
That post made no sense lol. All I'm saying is the games the colts played their starters every game, they won, other than the super bowl. That is a fact.

Another completely dumb thing about your 'Colts Suck' title or whatever-the-hell-it-is:

If the colts suck, what does that make the Jets? The Jets were eliminated by the Colts. If I were you, I would talk about how great the colts were so that way it could make my team, the Jets, look as if it only loses to the best of the best.

By saying the colts suck, you are saying that the jets worse than suck. Great job!

Icyo

Smash Ace
Saints should be 1 on the list.

How's it the wrong place? Colts are from Indiana and are ranked and powerful.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Fact of the matter is, football is over, bring on baseball and the Cubs (something we can agree on)!

And now... here's something we hope you'll really enjoy!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I go to college in Murray KY and I'm in KY 90% of the time. I don't really get to play against anyone in IL because they all live in Chicago (8 hours away). Would anyone mind if I moved to this PR list? It would probably encourage me come to more IN/KY tournaments.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol they are biased :p

We really need to get that MM Infern. Are you going to any tournaments west of you soon?

Count

Smash Champion
I think it would be fine, I'd have to talk to the other panelists however. You won't be on the next update, though. That's for sure..next update coming extremely soon.

edit: IL PR is accurate and you know it :p the only person you might be ahead of is DLA.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
What bugs me about the IL PR is that it's not really a PR. It's just a table of "who placed the highest since the last update." Arty is currently rank 1 in IL. Say he goes to 2 tournaments by next update, and he doesn't place well at either one because he hit hard opponents early on. Next update he may not make the list at all.

When I first moved into the IL PR, they only counted tournaments that I had went to in the last two months. It didn't matter that I lost to Joker, Razor, Samurai Panda, and Sago. It didn't matter that I beat Y.B.M 3-0 in a money match.

Instead, people who placed well at local chicago tournaments in the last two months got spots a head of me because "they placed 6th at our local smashfest." and I placed 25th at a huge Ohio tournament. 6th>25th.

Since they only count matches from the last 2 months and everything else is 100% ignored... none of my tournaments from 3 months ago matterd. It didn't matter that I won a st. louis tournament with 35 players (Thinkaman, Legan, Rob, Cheesy Mike), or that I got 2nd at S.L.O.T.H with 30 players (Renegade, Thinkaman, Count, Rob, Jekyll)

It also bugs me that they don't use personal opinion to judge people. Like Arty saying "I know X placed a little better that this tournament, but I've played against them both in bracket and Y player did much better." I thought that by traveling to Chicago and letting the panel list see me play would effect my rank. But even if I would have 3 stocked everyone in IL every game, that has no effect on their PR.

I guess I wish the list was "the most skilled players in IL from 1 to 10." Obviously, that would make it MORE biased. But that sounds more fun/useful than the current set up.

I just wish they used the criteria that Ohio uses instead of just making a "recent tournament placings table."

Count

Smash Champion
I guess. Thats your fault for not going to their tournaments though..even chewwy+ripple are at some of the same ones as them.

For this PR, all that counts are bracket matches, and $5 and up MMs. and doubles kinda for tiebreaking extent. You can't expect to be on it though if you go to a bunch of st louis tournaments, you have to at least go to some of the ones that these people are at, like the OH tournaments, Hilts monthlies, composer's tournaments, and vamp's tournaments among other things.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I guess. Thats your fault for not going to their tournaments though..even chewwy+ripple are at some of the same ones as them.
I disagree. There were 3 southern IL tournaments at that time. Why didn't THEY come to any of my tournaments? I out traveled everyone in IL at that time. I just didn't go to chicago because there were bigger tournaments closer to me.

Also, Ripple and Chewy are much closer to Chicago than I am (almost 3 hours closer).

For this PR, all that counts are bracket matches, and $5 and up MMs. and doubles kinda for tiebreaking extent. You can't expect to be on it though if you go to a bunch of st louis tournaments, you have to at least go to some of the ones that these people are at, like the OH tournaments, Hilts monthlies, composer's tournaments, and vamp's tournaments among other things.
I understand that, I'll start going. But if a decent sized tournament started happening in Murray KY... then I would expect everyone to have just as much responsibility to come to Murray as I would have to go to Hilt's or Vamps.

For this PR, all that counts are bracket matches, and $5 and up MMs.
The $5 is a lot of money. I know that if it is less than $5, then people might not take it seriously. But the only people that will $5 MM me are the people who know they can beat me lol.

If I beat someone 5 games in a row, and then I want to $5 MM them for the PR, they will say no lol.

Arty

Smash Lord
Zozefup our criteria is exactly the one Ohio uses, and almost every single other PR uses. Only tournaments since an update count.

I suggest you guys just ignore Zoze's posts since he lies so ****ing much and twists stuff around

Count

Smash Champion
I disagree with the last part of your post. It is us letting you on the PR that we already have set up, not the other way around.

I'd still try to get there to see you though <3

Zozefup

Smash Lord
* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times.

[/B]

No, Ohio PR is not the same as Illinois PR.

The last PR bugged me because all my previous tournaments were not included. This PR bugged me because DLA was put above me. I had a better tournament preformance at the two tournaments we both attended, plus I knocked him out of bracket.

Plus, I have consistently beat Ripple, Chewy, Rob Gambino, and DLA since the last update. DLA hasn't consistently beat anyone on the PR.

Then, you change him to Gannon only, when his Gannon can't beat anyone on the PR.

Ohio would never do any of that.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I disagree with the last part of your post. It is us letting you on the PR that we already have set up, not the other way around.

I'd still try to get there to see you though <3
lol thx count!

Then you should change the title to "INDIANA/KENTUCKY excluding Murray KY Official PR" lol. If I was obviously a resident in the state and regularly attended tournaments in that state, then discluding me from the PR wouldn't make any since.

But Yeah, this is kind of pointless because there will never be a scene in my area. Plus I travel a lot, so that won't be a problem. Plus if I had a big tournament in Murray, I'm sure someone from the PR would show up. And if they didn't show up, it probably wouldn't be a big tournament lol.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Zoze, u mad?

Also sure we can MM Zoze, $5 minimum though

and we can do it at VG Bootcamp if ur going
$5 max for me lol. I won't know until last minute if I can make it to that. Don't I have to pre reg for that or something? :(

And how much is entry fees? I heard $20 venue, $20 Singles. ?

edit: I'm not mad lol. I just troll a lot on the boards.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Well stop ranting...or else
Also ur sig lies, im pretty sure lol

and ok, $5 it is

And its $15 venue fee now, look in the thread for the other stuff

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I just checked the PR for IN, IL, and KY. There are no MKs anywhere in those 3 states lol (OS is Ohio).

I just checked the thread. I might be able to go, but I won't know for awhile.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, the criteria needed for you to be included on the PR isn't going to simply be you making it to our tournaments, but more so making it to tournaments in which ranking you accurately will be.. possible. OS lives in Kentucky but does stuff with Cincinnati and the rest of Ohio. It's easier to gauge him compared to the others of Ohio because he plays against them, as well as against others that other Ohio players play often. The reason KY and IN are merged atm is because, more often then not, we're at the same tournaments all the time, play against each other, and play the same people OOS (usually Ohio). If you begin to enter tournaments that we go to and become somewhat of a regular at our tournaments, it will be a lot easier to place you and we won't have to hesitate when thinking of whether or not we should consider you Kentucky or Illinois. Not that you have to go to every tournament we go to or anything, just that we need some kind of... data to help us when deciding where to place you. Adding you to the KY/IN PR solely because you want to leave IL's group isn't going to happen, you'll have to come to become a part of our scene.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It would be great to have more people wanting to be on our PR ^_^. The fact that someone actually wants to compete for their placing on the PR definetly suprizes me, because from the way i see it, we have like the panelists, and maybe 2-3 others that actually care about the PR now >_>(even though EVERYONE in the two states combined has a chance on making it into the PR now). Kentucky/Indiana also needs help with the metaknight matchup, and its always great to learn new things and meet new smashers, so I hope you start going to KY/IN tournaments more. ^_^

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I play mk too ^_^ just rarely in tournaments unless someone cps me to rainbow cruise or some dumb thing that marth has an issue with. I have beaten a few mk in their dittos... it just doesnt come up alot so its not worth mentioning...

OS also chose which PR he wanted to be on when Nope and i asked him about it, sinces hes pretrty much equally in my oppinion a part of both scenes, maybe slightly to Ohio especially back when the decision was made because of all the ky topurnaments jhe was attending back then. Next PR will be interesting though I won't be on it due to inactivty, i really wonder who's going to shuffle to the top.

Top Bottom