• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Information and Updates from the Brawl Back Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think there should be more pressure put on the ruleset update. At this point we are looking at quite a few nationals this summer, two to three of them being in June alone. Could this project be started earlier? It'd be great to have an updated ruleset by the beginning of May so that people have time to adjust.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
At one point we tried to increase regional diversity in the Backroom. We have passed that phase.

I don't think that we'll be starting the project earlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't other things to make them change their rule sets besides just an update. At any rate, we are CONSTANTLY discussing rules back there, even with all this MK debate going on.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've been trying to get this sort of thread rolling back then, shortly after I was admitted to the BBR last year, when it still was the SBR. There's been a lot of changes to the BBR's policies and how it works, along with new member admissions who supported my cause. I'm glad that the seed I planted actually did grow.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Puh-Leeze

We all know that all you guys do in the backroom is play Maplestory on private servers

I know it's embarrassing but we won't make fun of you guys

Well I might. But look don't be ashamed, we can't halp what we like, am i right?

RATED

Smash Lord
Pierce , Shaya or any BR member:

what's the stance right now on planking when is used at extreme cases in joint with scrooging?

Is the BR is discussing about it? or planning to discuss it?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Section 3 updated.

EDIT: We are DEFINITELY talking a LOT about Planking and a ledge grab limit. At this moment I am unable to release further details, but it's a very hot topic right now.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
"Other (1 total):
sephirothken (He is so gdlk, that we are actually unable to remove him. We tried, and option won't let us)"

It's like Ken died. I would expect to hear about him after Survivor at least. Poor kid.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Puh-Leeze

We all know that all you guys do in the backroom is play Maplestory on private servers

I know it's embarrassing but we won't make fun of you guys

Well I might. But look don't be ashamed, we can't halp what we like, am i right?
lol ...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm hoping for a large selection of Starter stages. It really is a bit ridiculous that currently, we have 3 almost identical stages as starters in a tournament environment that favours 5 stage starter lists.

You also consistently spell it competatively when it is spelled competitively.

Finally, I'm a bit annoyed when you say a stage list that "ALL of us can agree on". Not going to get into the whole "FD as starter or CP" or "Why is Big Blue banned" discussions (the latter being common sense to me as a Ganon main, and the first being one on which I could discuss for hours) but are we going to end up with only BF, SV, and FD as the only viable stages? Or are we going to keep interesting stages in?

Also, I hope you all are at least keeping the lower tiered characters in mind when building the stage list. The current one greatly favours high tiered characters, in some cases guaranteeing them the first match. Whilst in some cases this is going to happen all the time, such as when it comes to Ganon vs. Ice Climbers or Olimar, for example, it gets a bit irritating when I am always facing certain characters on a favourable stage for them in general.

In addition, as to the rules - It has always bothered me that as far as the rules are concerned towards Ganondorf, when recovering with Aerudo, and both players have only one stock left, all they have to do is move into the path of it, and the Ganon usually would lose, either because he is at a higher percent, or because he dies first in most cases. The fact that recovering with Aerudo is usually bad aside, the mere fact that our opponent can essentially sacrifice themselves to win the match has always bothered me. Is there going to be something in the next new rule set akin to the rule regarding Bowser's suicide KO?

And seriously, a ledge grab limit? That still seems just a little bit ridiculous to me. Mostly because I am a Ganondorf, meaning I will be on the edge a lot of the time against certain characters. A rule saying I auto lose because I can't get past that Marth guarding the edge while I am still not dead is not only stupid in how it sounds, but I go so far as to call it completely ********.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
On a side note, I heard who wins from Ganondorf's aerial SideB was actually found to have a small bit of randomness to it. It's not much, but it may be enough to consider giving him his own rule. There was a huge topic on it. Ganondorf actually CAN win from it occasionally, but it's random. :\

smkdude

Smash Rookie
And seriously, a ledge grab limit? That still seems just a little bit ridiculous to me. Mostly because I am a Ganondorf, meaning I will be on the edge a lot of the time against certain characters. A rule saying I auto lose because I can't get past that Marth guarding the edge while I am still not dead is not only stupid in how it sounds, but I go so far as to call it completely ********.
I reckon even if a rule comes in about planking, I doubt it would cost you the match, like you're saying. However, I agree that having a planking limit is a bit silly, if you're able to constantly plank without the opponent able to remove you from the edge, its a problem that the opponent will have to try to get around some way.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Please excuse the lack of responses. I haven't been about for the past 10 days.

Nothing is confirmed for 100% at the moment, but it seems we are favoring a more diverse neutral stage set.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Please excuse the lack of responses. I haven't been about for the past 10 days.

Nothing is confirmed for 100% at the moment, but it seems we are favoring a more diverse neutral stage set.
Yes.

You guys are awesome.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
January 15: Tier List Project Manager Selected
January 30: Head Director Vote to Begin
February 10: Head Director Vote Vote to End
March 1: Recommended Ruleset Project Manager Selected
March 15: Tier List Update
Marth 16: New Member Admission threads created
April 15: New Memberw Admitted
June 1: Recommended Ruleset Update
July 15: Tier List Project Manager Selected
September 15: Tier List Update
September 16: New Member Admission threads created
October 15: New Members Admitted
Marth 16...

obviously not a typo lol

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I know we have a (probably current) list of BBR members in the OP, but we should really add main and region to that list.

Pierce7D, can you do that?

RichBrown

Smash Master
It says that you guys were supposed to let in new members on April 15th

I understand that was MLG weekend, but it's been a month now, are you guys gonna get to that anytime soon?

camden

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to hear from you guys. I have a couple of friends who've applied, and I think it'd be pretty neat if one of them made it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I know, I submitted my recommendations to the top two days ago. Expect admissions soon.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Yes, very cool. It's nice to really see you guys on the ball. At least you're social, and not hiding in some cave, spewing out updates once in a blue moon. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom