• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Information and Updates from the Brawl Back Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Top 2? Ah well, doubt this'll be my moment. Here's hoping for *gasp* september!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Top 2? Ah well, doubt this'll be my moment. Here's hoping for *gasp* september!
Not sure what you're talking about, I don't see anywhere where they say there are only going to be two people admitted. >_> I'm pretty sure he meant the two LISTS. Like, Marc has to actually add the new members before Pierce updates the publicly displayed list.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Kewkky, I think Jordan's right here. I seriously doubt only two people would get in. Plus, by saying that, he makes himself feel better.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah Kewkky, I think Jordan's right here. I seriously doubt only two people would get in. Plus, by saying that, he makes himself feel better.
Self gratification, huh

Annnyway, with people like ADHD, Nick Riddle, Red Halberd and who knows who else cuz I forgot, it's pretty hard seeing who'll get in, and adding a bunch of people at the same time doesn't feel like its gonna happen.

Still, we shall see... If not, there's always next time, eh?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Self gratification, huh

Annnyway, with people like ADHD, Nick Riddle, Red Halberd and who knows who else cuz I forgot, it's pretty hard seeing who'll get in, and adding a bunch of people at the same time doesn't feel like its gonna happen.

Still, we shall see... If not, there's always next time, eh?
Well, if they're only adding 4-5 people in each batch, with half a year in between, that's hardly very efficient. >_>

But yeah, it IS partially self-reassurance and rationalization. >.>

camden

Smash Apprentice
They must be in a pickle if they still haven't picked yet. Oh boy...

Edit: 4 or 5 sounds a bit more reasonable. Can't wait, though.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Whoever is in charge of letting people in, please get to it, it's not fair to keep everyone on their heels 5 weeks after you said you'd be letting people in. Start being accountable =)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Expect a decent amount of additions, ballpark 15-25people. Marc/Hylian/myself are reviewing Ankoku's recommendations as well as taking last minute input in a topic in the BBR.

Also we have mostly revoted on stages and have done voting on a few other misc. rules for the ruleset, so expect that update in early June roughly as scheduled.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Will there be a thread made to announce the new additions, or what's the plan on that one?

camden

Smash Apprentice
Waited, is now June 5th where he lives.

-_-

I keed, I keed. Take as much time as you need guys! This is serious business.

A puppy! That's serious business!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*sips some brandy while watching the thread fill up with posts*

TheMike

Smash Lord
Count
junk
T-block
Valdens
Alphicans
gallax
MetalMusicMan
RedHalberd
God-is-my-Rock
RichBrown
NickRiddle
Espy Kasrani
Kewkky
The Real Inferno
hunger!
TheMike
TheTantalus
Tuen
ADHD
Teran

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, I guess there's always September. I wish I had done that Norfair thread BEFORE applications ended, not after. =/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hmm, 20 admitted, that seems quite right. Quite right indeed.

Kirby boards will still be the place I hang out the most though. Can't abandon my loyal servants good ol' friends!

TheMike

Smash Lord
We are finishing voting on some stages. So, the new ruleset will come sometime in the near future, nothing like 3 months late or more. In name of the BBR, I tell you that we will be working on the other projects to be released at the date announced. It is difficult to follow the schedule when some BBRoomers are having finals at school and some other things. I hope everybody understands our side.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm unsure. I do not know everyone, since we're spread between many regions. I would assume, considering the criteria to get back there, that these people play the game. If there is someone is specific you are curious about, I would advise asking their playing habits to them directly.

TheMike

Smash Lord
There are 93 members, and not 99. We have 99 people on the BBR when Administrators and MLG are included.

And sephirothken is listed twice.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Question:

Why are the BBR only discussing the top 16 characters on the characters boards, when if you look at what people say in the tier list topic, most disagreements come from the bottom half of the tier list? Yes, the top half also needs discussing to see how much the metagame has changed...but the bottom half is always the weakest. Why exclude the half that could use the discussion the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom