• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Seems like it's a go for Silven, Black, Glick, D1, and myself for Hackfest. Offer is still open for other peeps to join us.

Info for you guys:

Tickets can be bought here: https://www.boltbus.com/default.aspx

We'll be departing from "New York 33rd and 7th (Service to DC & Baltimore)" and arriving at "Baltimore-Marc Penn Station (1610 St. Paul)"

We'll be taking the 7:15am bus on the 19th, and since the last bus on Saturday leaves at 7:15pm (tournament will still be happening), we will likely stay overnight and leave Sunday morning, taking the 8:15am bus back to NY. So yeah, bring a sleeping bag, I guess.

Bus to MD: 13 ducks
Bus back to NY: 15 ducks

We'll be taking the Baltimore Metro out there too, to get to Owings Mills. It's like 1.60 one-way though.

One sort of problem:
Since Melee was canceled, I'm not so sure about the turnout for Hackfest now. If it's looking like it's gonna be less than 20 people, I likely won't go...
There are a lot of people coming locally who aren't posting. I'm sending out messages right now encouraging them to post in the thread.

I'd also like to point out that, even if only 20 people come, it's $10 entrance fees, so the pot will be bigger than it was at SNES (they had $5 entrance fees right?)

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
There are a lot of people coming locally who aren't posting. I'm sending out messages right now encouraging them to post in the thread.

I'd also like to point out that, even if only 20 people come, it's $10 entrance fees, so the pot will be bigger than it was at SNES (they had $5 entrance fees right?)
if its not 25+ most of us just plans 2 stay home / save up 4 llhs or some shiz D:

if possible could u list who is coming >.<

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd like to see a list because as of now I'm not so sure anymore...it's starting to sound pretty fail. Traveling so far for a 20 person tourney just doesn't sound that great, not to mention a few other members of the crew won't be going... :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'll be honest with you guys. I can't confirm much yet. As of right now there are no Brawl tourneys in MD/VA scheduled for next weekend, which suggests that local turnout will be good, at least 20-30. But it's certainly not impossible that someone like Chu will decide to hold a Brawl tourney for the people who don't play Brawl+, but of course only the people that really prefer B+ will come to Hackfest, so that would probably cut my attendance in half. I'm hoping he doesn't but you never know. It really depends what he feels he will make the most money at.

OOS-wise, TUSM is coming and Phillyrider and Chibo may also. That's all I know of. I really wish people would post more.

I understand if you guys don't wanna risk it. Just let me know, I won't be offended. I'm probably not gonna make it to LLHS, just too far of a drive. But MD/VA will definitely come out in full force to BtL2.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OOS-wise, TUSM is coming and Phillyrider and Chibo may also. That's all I know of. I really wish people would post more.
Ummmm, yeah, about that. See, Chibo I know isn't coming. Phillyrider hasn't asked me about transportation there, so I doubt he's coming as well. I'm probably going to be the sole PA'er going, regardless if Insomniac come or not, regardless of turn out. I just hope I got something to do Sunday. I got a late Greyhound bus.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ummmm, yeah, about that. See, Chibo I know isn't coming. Phillyrider hasn't asked me about transportation there, so I doubt he's coming as well. I'm probably going to be the sole PA'er going, regardless if Insomniac come or not, regardless of turn out. I just hope I got something to do Sunday. I got a late Greyhound bus.
Well at least it'll be worth your while, since we're practically guaranteed money in teams ;) If Chu doesn't come then we're guaranteed 1st.

I'm sure some people will be around on Sunday. It's a shame this isn't a week later, or I'd host a TMNT: Smash Up tourney!

Glick

Smash Lord
I love the idea of hack fest and all that shiz but I really don't have the time or resources to go if it won't be large. If it was nearby I'd be happy to attend.

You are doing a great thing for the B+ community so thanks but it's not possible for me with the way it looks like its going to turn out.

I hope it works out, and i'm sure even without some/the insomniacs it'll be a hit.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Chu just confirmed that he's coming to Hackfest, which means that there will be no Brawl tourney in MD/VA to compete with Hackfest, so we'll probably hit 25-30 locals easy. Just wanted to throw that out there in case any of you are still on the fence.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Attention Crew That Sucks at Sleeping (insomniac lol)

I've decided that I'm most likely going to Long Live Hitstun unless I get ***** by exams or something. That being said, I don't know if any of you drive, but I'd be willing to pick you guys up from Manhattan and then move to CT from there. That also being said, I'm broke as **** so this obviously wouldn't be a free service.

None of this is guaranteed, but you guys love brawl+ and I like it too so we might as well like it together? xD

Lemme know what you guys think.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
I've decided that I'm most likely going to Long Live Hitstun unless I get ***** by exams or something. That being said, I don't know if any of you drive, but I'd be willing to pick you guys up from Manhattan and then move to CT from there. That also being said, I'm broke as **** so this obviously wouldn't be a free service.

None of this is guaranteed, but you guys love brawl+ and I like it too so we might as well like it together? xD

Lemme know what you guys think.
i havent seen this sexy guy since like... idks lmfaoo good shiz though man hopefully u can go and show them that fox >:]

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yay YES.

Only question is... would you be able to fit us all in, though? The whole crew is expecting to attend, and there's 6 of us...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well I'd be taking Ksizzle with me so I can take 3 of you >.>

Edit: Blackanese you so sexy... xD

GuruKid

Smash Ace
sorry 4 the double post, but is me and guru only 1s going on sat 2 meat ridin tourny (hackfest)? lol
Yeah I wanna ask that too, since I'll be buying the bus tickets later tonight.

Yes: Thanks a lot for the offer, man. But yeah, if the whole crew is going, I wouldn't wanna leave anybody behind. We'll probably opt for a bus or something. Much appreciated, though.

And yeah, I was wondering whether War at the Shore would even attract many people to the B+ event... Though the tournament itself now is cancelled, so "meh".

Glick

Smash Lord
I can't go this weekend sowwieeee
School **** is holdin me down.

I can have a smashfest if you guys end up not going though.

Cia

das kwl
i saw a barney clip on youtube the other day, he doesn't have the same voice anymore..

which leads me to believe that the original was shot.

Glick

Smash Lord
LOL No I thought the original died. He was like this tall black guy and he sophisticated in his costume. It might have just been a rumor though.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
"he sophisticated in his coustume" sounds like a fancy way to say he beat his **** off in there

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Blacka and I won teams at Hackfest.

I got second in singles (split with Chu), Blacka got fifth.

MD/VA is sooo chill and awesome. You guys should have gone. sad face.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I just heard form mister Shin Bowser himself that he might start having crew fests @ his house. stuff decided to start working again in his castle so he'll let me know when hes going to start holding them.

Yo guru. If SHinBallins pockets are as fat as his ex hes going to BtL2. I'll let you know when he knows.

Glick

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE SUNDAY

Starts at 2 ends at ??. I have school in the morning so it has to start earlier and end earlier.

Be there!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I just heard form mister Shin Bowser himself that he might start having crew fests @ his house. stuff decided to start working again in his castle so he'll let me know when hes going to start holding them.

Yo guru. If SHinBallins pockets are as fat as his ex hes going to BtL2. I'll let you know when he knows.
Yayyyyy Shin.

SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE SUNDAY

Starts at 2 ends at 10. I have school in the morning so it has to start earlier and end earlier.

Be there!
Cheaaah Glick.

Top Bottom