• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Its harder than Melee Falco though...I learned Falco's **** in like 20 minutes. The difference is this has odd control stick movements. Sigh.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Its harder than Melee Falco though...I learned Falco's **** in like 20 minutes. The difference is this has odd control stick movements. Sigh.
I'm not comparing difficulty levels necessarily; just the process of actually learning to be technical in Melee. Falco was my gateway character for precisely just that, so I'm happy to be able to revisit the sensation in a game like Brawl, especially with our main character.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeap-tech skill is one of the reasons I play Diddy - and in turn one of the reasons I like Brawl. I'm so happy I choose this character 7 months ago instead of a character like...Ganon (ROFL).

Honestly, I picked up Diddy because he felt similar to Melee Peach - with bananas providing far better stage control options then Brawl turnips (or Melee turnips, which are better than Brawl turnips but still worse than bananas).

Dojo

Smash Champion
Dude this is so fun. :D

I'm hitting it about 6-8 times consistently.

EDIT: Upon landing with the banana you can throw it forward/down and directly fsmash/dsmash/grab/etc. after they're trip.

ADHD

Smash Hero
So I tried it with the bair and uair and I have no god **** idea what Hylian or thien are talking about. Dair is my favorite bc its most simple to me and I can already knock a computer across the stage into a spike with it set on walk almost all of the time. So what exactly is in Hylian's vid?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol

There's not as many MK's here as people say.

When doing the Fsmash/Dsmash after throwing the naner from the floor, you have to land directly on top of them, or your smash won't hit. Also, when you get you opponent to the edge you can fair instead of dair. It hits them off and still catches the banana.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Up air is 10 times easier but I don't think it's inescapable unless your ****ing amazing at it.

IDK

Smash Lord
k... this tech is awesome but it's like pre-banned. i could see why maybe not because idk if you could do it consistently until killing percentage... but seriously... how quickly is this going to get banned?

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Probably only the infinite is banned.

There are still ways to make this into a gigantic combo. I doubt that will be banned.

Also it hasn't been shown that you can turn them around using this, it has only been proven that you can do it in one direction (which isn't an infinite except on walled stages).

Luigi player

Smash Master
...banned? If this is getting banned the IC chaingrab should be banned too, because this is much more difficult to do than anything else in the game >_>

My biggest problem is that I can't start it. My enemy never stays still like that and I can't just run to him and jump and start it like that... (because he just shields...)

I can also not start it by hitting my opponent with the second banana, because until I'm at the right position my enemy is already somewhere else >.<

I can also only do this on MK... sometimes on DK (but only if he's looking at me).
I haven't tried all characters yet though...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It isn't gonna get banned. Some people just don't want an infinite to be discovered that works against MK because they would rather MK get banned. Therefor, their solution is to ban MK and ban the infinite that would build the case for not banning MK.

This is very easy to start: just dash toward the opponent, then shield, the opponent will likely attack because of the dash, you will shield the attack, then jump out of your shield and start the lock. Granted this is just a very basic "mindgame", but it is one that works and you will see frequently in a match.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You shouldn't try this in a real battle until we find set-ups lol

But here is a set-up for the lock. Have a naner in front of you, have one naner in your hand. Glide toss the naner in your hand and then grab the other and start the combo. If wobbling wasn't banned in melee, and the IC's grab bs isn't, then there's no reason why this should be. It takes alot of skill and eventually someone can only go so far before he/she messes up. I believe fox shine infinites weren't banned either. In theory this is broken but there is is a human limit. I'm just hoping this smash community doesn't turn into a bunch of pu$$ies

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
You shouldn't try this in a real battle until we find set-ups lol
this.

setting this up may prove harder than actually doing it, nobody lets you short hop right over there head and just stands there.

think your best bet is to get it going off of another banana slip like he said or a banana slip 'tech' chase

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I dont see how the instand ground throw could be of any use. I mean you have to space your self really well and most of the time the opponent is going to be close to you. Sure it works on campers. But it wont work effectivly on players that are aggressive that stick close to you. The only real use I see are players like G@W that simply just love to jump around and follow it up with an aerials.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I dont see how the instand ground throw could be of any use. I mean you have to space your self really well and most of the time the opponent is going to be close to you. Sure it works on campers. But it wont work effectivly on players that are aggressive that stick close to you. The only real use I see are players like G@W that simply just love to jump around and follow it up with an aerials.
I've already put the the ground throw into my game. It works great when your bananas get stuck on a platform and you need to toss it fast

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Yes but what if you were to face against a Marth player that does nothing but spams the Fair against you and you try to Ground Toss. Then what do you do? Ground Toss move always starts last because you have to work with the different buttons and characters with a long ranged or fast Fair can outprioritize the Ground Toss move.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yes but what if you were to face against a Marth player that does nothing but spams the Fair against you and you try to Ground Toss. Then what do you do? Ground Toss move always starts last because you have to work with the different buttons and characters with a long ranged or fast Fair can outprioritize the Ground Toss move.
I'm not talking about using it as a substitute for z catching, I'm talking about it for situational things. Like trying to speed up a double banana lock process on BF.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Haha I finally figured it out and its cake. Its super easy to master, in a couple minutes I can already chain across the stage with the cpu on run. I need to get my cousin over here. Now we just need a way to get it started and diddy will hit top tier in no time. TAKE THAT METAKNIGHT!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol the IC CG IS banned... in texas. CALLING HYLIAN.
It's not banned it's limited to 5 repitions of the alt grab and that is only in houston texas. Every other city has it unbanned.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Okay I tried it and it is pretty easy to get down. You can also do it while facing backwards and just di'ing towards them, i don't know if it has any uses. Also, if you mash the c stick diagonally down it will either do a fast falling fair or bair, depending on which corner you mashed down. The bair will auto cancel so it works with the bair, but the fair has lag upon landing so it won't work. Don't know if the bair way will have any uses that the dair doesn't. dair looks coolest imo haha. but wow this is nuts, i just couldn't find any easy set ups against lvl 9 comps this night. I got a spike once, and I didn't even try to do it- it just happened pretty cool. i don't know how to do it on purpose though, the opponent can't grab the ledge or it won't work. I wasn't ever able to get a spike on metaknight, but i got several on jiggly puff. maybe it has something to do with their air mobility? cuz mk always grabs the ledge bug jiggs doesn't. ???

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't stop messing around with this and it keeps getting better!

I decided to take this to other characters and practice. You know what I can confirm now? I'm absolutly positive that at least on Falco you can do the single nana lock and then go past them and continue it reversed all the way across the stage for a true infinite. I've been doing this for the past hour. I also did it to Marth and Snake but I'm not as positive on them. I'm going to work on MK again when I wake up to see if I can consistantly pull off the infinite.

Seriously though against falco I can do it to like 300% using dthrow with the c-stick and catching it with uair.

I need to test it on more characters to see what I can come up with. I'm going to sleep now though >_<!

ADHD

Smash Hero

I decided to take this to other characters and practice. You know what I can confirm now? I'm absolutly positive that at least on Falco you can do the single nana lock and then go past them and continue it reversed all the way across the stage for a true infinite. I've been doing this for the past hour. I also did it to Marth and Snake but I'm not as positive on them. I'm going to work on MK again when I wake up to see if I can consistantly pull off the infinite.

Seriously though against falco I can do it to like 300% using dthrow with the c-stick and catching it with uair.

I need to test it on more characters to see what I can come up with. I'm going to sleep now though >_<!
Tell me how to do it with the uair.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sometimes it works when I use uair, but sometimes I suffer from uairs landing lag.
I can do it easy without fastfalling, but then the enemy can escape...

Bair autocancels, but it still has a bit of lag. This lag stops me from going on with it. Most of the time I press jump too early and I don't do anything >.< and I think if I would time it right it would be too late anyway...

The dair has no lag and it's still really hard to do it. I don't think you could do it with bair because of the landing lag...

What I can do in battle is:

Sh dthrow the banana, catch it and land with dair, sh over enemy again and throw the banana down and press dair too early so I don't fast fall and hit him with the dair.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94

Falco is really easy to do it on. He was the first one I got it to work on. I can infinite him for such a long time now.

Funnest tech in brawl, period.

Sometimes it works when I use uair, but sometimes I suffer from uairs landing lag.
I can do it easy without fastfalling, but then the enemy can escape...

Bair autocancels, but it still has a bit of lag. This lag stops me from going on with it. Most of the time I press jump too early and I don't do anything >.< and I think if I would time it right it would be too late anyway...

The dair has no lag and it's still really hard to do it. I don't think you could do it with bair because of the landing lag...

What I can do in battle is:

Sh dthrow the banana, catch it and land with dair, sh over enemy again and throw the banana down and press dair too early so I don't fast fall and hit him with the dair.
What I do that escapable when my fingers get tired is I don't use C-stick I use A and down and catch with Z. I used it against my cousin and it took him a while to notice that it was escapable and he escaped it, but it helps out sometimes and is less taxing on your fingers.

Top Bottom