• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

DotDo

Smash Rookie
This is amazing! It definitely is hard to pull off, but the strategies that can evolve out of this seem endless. Also, as Player-1 said before, you don't need to set the L to attack to pull off the ground throw. I can pull it off quite easily with the regular button configuration. Great find! Also, if I have time, I may make a video of this.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm having a much easier time doing this on the mid-height characters. Like Falco for instance. Hope this makes that match-up a little easier.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
KRDSonic has it and we are waiting on him to upload it >_>. Hopefully he does soon.
Everytime I see he has a new video in my subscription box I get all gitty, but then I see its the total character knockout part 9001 or a random video with tails in it.

I have been practicing on CPUs for the past 3 hours, my hands hurt, but it was worth it, everytime I find an opening, its as good as 30%+.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm having a much easier time doing this on the mid-height characters. Like Falco for instance. Hope this makes that match-up a little easier.
Lol I ***** a falco player at the last tourney, he got two stocked and he's not a bad player at all he placed third last tourney. I realized you just have to not get grabbed, that's basically it. Also when you're plucking nanerz you have to pluck them so you hop over the lasers or just jump through them. Reflector isn't a problem, if he spams it just monkey kick through him. Falco IMO is 45-55 when you know what you're doing. DONT GET GRABBED

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Didn't know until now you were ADHD ;P
I'm learning this. Seems like it'll be like waveshine. And waveshine is too good.

Update.
So, I learnt this for Falco in about 5 minutes, then tried MK, who slides a bit further but it's possible. It's sort of difficult on BF under the lower platforms since the naners sometimes land on the platforms, but just be a little faster and it'll be fine.

then i had to go leave lulz

so it's pretty simple. Shorthop, down cstick down cstick. The timing is somewhat strict; if you miss hitting the opponent you'll miss catching the naner up again.

Otherwise, if you do the two down csticks later and don't hit anything, you'll throw it down and catch it upon landing. just some stuff to know.

I propose we call this "off tha heezy" or something amazing like that. Continuing the basketball derived names is cool, right? NBA streets or whatever that videogame is has a bunch of trix, this one is bouncing the basketball off the defenders head and catching it again lmao

do it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here you go guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6COigm7Fmc

Keep in mind I made this like 30 minutes after I tried this tech for the first time so at some points I don't FF correctly. I have recently reevaluated every variation an incorporated FFing better so they can not escape.

You should add my video to the first post :).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's all well and good to talk about Diddy's limitless potential as far as metagame development goes.

But it's truly a sight to behold when something like this comes along and we are given a new toy to play with.

Amazing.

EDIT:
Can this be the trailer for Project: Oathkeeper? lol j/k

v And thanks Hylian v :laugh:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's all well and good to talk about Diddy's limitless potential as far as metagame development goes.

But it's truly a sight to behold when something like this comes along and we are given a new toy to play with.

Amazing.
:).

I took care of that double post for you.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Hylian, it looks like other aerials besides dair seem to be slower? dunno, I couldn't really tell if you were fastfalling, although I'm pretty sure you were, and I'd really like to test it out more but just don't have the time atm >.>

I do find the double down cstick to work the best, it autocancels and fastfalls dair catching the banana perfectly. and stuff.

blah. anyway
I propose we call this "off tha heezy" or something amazing like that. Continuing the basketball derived names is cool, right? NBA streets or whatever that videogame is has a bunch of trix, this one is bouncing the basketball off the defenders head and catching it again lmao

do it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Amazing.

EDIT:
Can this be the trailer for Project: Oathkeeper? lol j/k

v And thanks Hylian v :laugh:
This can totally be the trailer LOL.

Doo iitttt XD.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
million dollar question, can other characters do this if they get a nana? since you don't need diddy's glide toss for this, anyone with auto-canceling aerials could do this, right?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
million dollar question, can other characters do this if they get a nana? since you don't need diddy's glide toss for this, anyone with auto-canceling aerials could do this, right?
Yes, several other characters can. There is already a video of shiek doing this with fair.

I am testing other characters soon.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Other million dollar question: will SDI make a difference on this.
Probably for some characters. I can't see it stopping the combo however.

I will also test that.

So much to test!

I'm excited :).

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
metaknight cannot do this, his attacks come out too quick and it winds up just comboing into dair, fair, or nair

and we know for sure sheik can. anyone wanna test it with dk's nair/uair? it might work

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
metaknight cannot do this, his attacks come out too quick and it winds up just comboing into dair, fair, or nair

and we know for sure sheik can. anyone wanna test it with dk's nair/uair? it might work
MK might actually be able to do it with uair. I haven't tested this yet though.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I spent awhile working on this last night but still can't get it.

Have you guys tested this in training mode when the comp is set to walk? What I've been doing is simply short hop > Down C-stick > Down C-stick > repeat (with DI). One thing that may be my problem is that I'm pressing down on the C-stick pretty much at the same time I'm hitting the jump for the short hop, could this be the problem?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Okay I will practice this for the next hobo.. Hopefully I will get it out during some matches

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
So I spent awhile working on this last night but still can't get it.

Have you guys tested this in training mode when the comp is set to walk? What I've been doing is simply short hop > Down C-stick > Down C-stick > repeat (with DI). One thing that may be my problem is that I'm pressing down on the C-stick pretty much at the same time I'm hitting the jump for the short hop, could this be the problem?
For people that are double-C-sticking the down for this technique, check to see at which point of the jump you are doing this. You have to make on-the-fly adjustments according to where and when you re-catch the banana, but it could be possible you're re-catching it before you actually begin descending from the crest of the short hop, which means you're not actually fast-falling.

To remedy: smack down on your directional stick.

Has anyone seen if it's possible to roll out of it? In Hylian's vid, it seemed as though there was enough time for the MK to do so.
To be completely honest, you need to do it a good deal faster than Hylian demonstrates.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
So are we saying Diddy is evolving to be the fox of melee with all the speed and technicality required to do these techniques?

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
yeah guess you could ssay that Diddy is the fox in Melee i guess cuz Now hes starting to get technical and this thread kind of helps out. The single banana lock could be prove useful if you need to mix up your style and to throw them off for a bit

IMO very nice thread d(^^)b

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Man, awesome this technique!

Does it work on Luigi?

I really got to learn this technique:p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been comparing Diddy to Melee technical skill since like...August.

Also, to confirm: Lethien/Hylian/Chrome: you have tested this against a CPU in training to set to "walk" correct?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been comparing Diddy to Melee technical skill since like...August.

Also, to confirm: Lethien/Hylian/Chrome: you have tested this against a CPU in training to set to "walk" correct?
I have yes. As well as my roommate. I even DI'ed with my feet to absolutly make sure.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
^ summed it up

then again, luigi doesn't get infinited till the 50-60s, and he can't be cg'd

best shot of survival among the infinite characters

EDIT: someone said if you were hyper technical/a robot you could infinite using a single nana lock with two nanas, does this infinite dedede? cause i would totally become a cyborg to infinite dedede

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't believe uair or bair work with this.

I'll only believe it if I see it >_>

In Hylians vid MK could get out of it every time probably.

Even dair is too slow most of the time... How in gods heven would it be possible with aerials where you have to wait before you can fast fall?

ADHD

Smash Hero
You guys, before you look at hylian's vid and go OOOOHHH just read this first. The aerials were too slow, I don't know if it's even possible to fast fall the uair and bair to repeat this, your opponent should be able to roll out. Uair has landing lag, and bair does slightly too. They should be able to escape. Put your computer in training mode on walk to test if its inescapable. If they cannot roll, it is a lock. However, many people will see that video and assume that the trip animation is so slow that it can be done with practically half of the cast. It's false. Sheik can only do this because of her weird falling speed, some other characters I believe will be able to also but the timing is so strict I don't see the point of learning if you do not use diddy. I believe dair is the only way unless Hylian you can confirm with the computer set on walk with a bair and uair and I will believe you. I realize that you didn't have the tech down pat at that time, but I also cannot tell from that video of bair/uair work as well.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah what Chrome said.

And I doubt anyone besides Diddy could do it.

The only ones that might be able would be maybe MK and other characters with fast falling speed and ones with aerials that autocancel (and I don't mean the normal autocancel, I mean an immediate cancel).

DK could never do it with nair, but maybe with uair because it doesn't has any lag if you land during the first few frames.

Edit:

Okay, with Shiek I was able do it two times on a Diddy who was set to walk.
I guess that means Shiek could do it...

I also tested MK and I think he could infinite Diddy it with Z drop + uair... >_>
It's really really hard to do though. I think it would be only possible if you're frame perfect (aka perfect control) so I doubt anyone could really do it.
And in the end it's not worth it because if you're doing it right the Z dropped banana will only do 1 damage (it can do 3-1 but I think you can only follow up if it does 2 or 1 %).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah what Chrome said.

And I doubt anyone besides Diddy could do it.

The only ones that might be able would be maybe MK and other characters with fast falling speed and ones with aerials that autocancel (and I don't mean the normal autocancel, I mean an immediate cancel).

DK could never do it with nair, but maybe with uair because it doesn't has any lag if you land during the first few frames.

Edit:

Okay, with Shiek I was able do it two times on a Diddy who was set to walk.
I guess that means Shiek could do it...

I also tested MK and I think he could infinite Diddy it with Z drop + uair... >_>
It's really really hard to do though. I think it would be only possible if you're frame perfect (aka perfect control) so I doubt anyone could really do it.
And in the end it's not worth it because if you're doing it right the Z dropped banana will only do 1 damage (it can do 3-1 but I think you can only follow up if it does 2 or 1 %).
Sheik can, I chained a diddy three times on training mode before with him set on walk, idc about mks, it's totally useless for him because he can just do something else with his gay sword lol

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Okay I will spend this whole week preparing this technique. Has anybody pulled it off in matches yet

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
First of all.

Other characters doing this to Diddy doesn't matter.
It's so situational for them anyway; Diddy has the fast dash attack to pick them up and the general controlling glidetoss which allows him to get this off very easily off of a techchase naner or even just out of shield, since Diddy holds naners a lot.

Second; this is really really easy. Nowhere near Melee precision imo.

Jump, cstick down, cstick down. You don't do cstick down immediately when you jump, but you do it before you reach the top of your jump.

Back to setups for this waveshine/off tha heezy/1bananalocklol
-techchase off stuff
-out of shield

uh lol

followups:
-forward glidetoss with the one you still have to fsmash/dsmash/anything really
-situational spike offstage (I've done it like twice in 20 minutes, it's pretty easy but situational)

everyone seems to ignore my posts though so whatev lol
will try to do this on wifi. I do stuff on wifi >.>

Top Bottom