• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
At this time we are on a wait to see situation, the thing is... I hate to wait, at least they could confirm Isaac as a playable, so that it can transform my waiting into hype.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
[Cringes] Gosh, you guys are a bunch of stalking groupies. (kidding)

At any rate, since I doubt we'll get another Direct in the same month, the only times I see Isaac or any other new downloadable characters being announced are during December this year or sometime in the first quarter of next year. [Shrugs] Or they could pull a Robin and reveal said character(s) on a brief livestream via the main website.

Oh, and I just thought of a new splash text..."Isaac dawns over the horizon!" I think it would be a good reference to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, as well as the Golden Sun itself.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Thanks N3ON for putting a good word in for Isaac to Sakurai.

Somebody leak this important information to gamefaqs! :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Agreed. Let's discuss more about Isaac and less about N3ON.

So anyone has any new movesets?
Yea yea. We were just messing around.

Wait how many movesets have we discussed already?

At any rate, since I doubt we'll get another Direct in the same month, the only times I see Isaac or any other new downloadable characters being announced are during December this year or sometime in the first quarter of next year. [Shrugs] Or they could pull a Robin and reveal said character(s) on a brief livestream via the main website.

Oh, and I just thought of a new splash text..."Isaac dawns over the horizon!" I think it would be a good reference to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, as well as the Golden Sun itself.
Nice splash text. Although if they do that, then that means that we would be getting the badass adult Isaac from Dark Dawn. Although that is fine :)

Yea, Isaac's reveal is still going to take some time though. Especially since we will probably have to wait till the next Direct that reveals something for Smash.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We actually might find out if Isaac is in the game sooner than we think. Some Canadians actually got the game early from NoC directly. http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lhvvw/some_canadian_players_were_given_the_wii_u_smash/
Yeah, but from what I've heard, the ones in particular who got the game said they have an embargo and cannot say anything until the game is officially out. Legally, anyway, they can break the embargo and leak it anyway but they're liable to be sued for it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, but from what I've heard, the ones in particular who got the game said they have an embargo and cannot say anything until the game is officially out. Legally, anyway, they can break the embargo and leak it anyway but they're liable to be sued for it.
"Oh, geez, someone stole the copy from us. Totally sorry, Nintendo. No idea who's been leaking those videos of it. Huh, you're wondering why Bob's been on vacation since this whole 'leak' thing started? Total coincidence. Honest."

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I really have a hard time imagining Isaac would be in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really have a hard time imagining Isaac would be in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version.
Well I think it's incredibly unlikely but if (if!) Isaac was playable in the Wii U version they could have "day one" free 3ds dlc prepared for him. It's not 3ds-wii u connectivity, just regular updates.

That's a big stretch but it's not totally impossible. (of course it wouldn't necessarily be Isaac included)

A new character being on the Wii U version doesn't mean much when they can update the 3ds version whenever they want.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well I think it's incredibly unlikely but if (if!) Isaac was playable in the Wii U version they could have "day one" free 3ds dlc prepared for him. It's not 3ds-wii u connectivity, just regular updates.

That's a big stretch but it's not totally impossible. (of course it wouldn't necessarily be Isaac included)

A new character being on the Wii U version doesn't mean much when they can update the 3ds version whenever they want.
Yeah, I agree with this notion. Nintendo's also being awfully secretive about Smash Wii U despite the fact everyone knows the entire roster already and every character we know of is currently listed on the website. It seems really weird. I'm not saying it will happen, but its a possibility, I'll leave it at that. However, people need to drop any notion of Wii U exclusivity. There are no Wii U exclusive characters, and there will never be. But, it is definitely possible (albeit, questionable at this point) that some characters could not be finished in time for Smash 3DS, and will be patched into Smash 3DS when the Wii U version is launched. Either way, I'm holding out for DLC for Isaac and K. Rool, but also keeping an open mind about the possibility of additional characters in Wii U.

Agreed, in any way, shape, or form. If Isaac does appear in Smash Wii U in any way, he'll be added to Smash 3DS later.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, I agree with this notion. Nintendo's also being awfully secretive about Smash Wii U despite the fact everyone knows the entire roster already and every character we know of is currently listed on the website. It seems really weird. I'm not saying it will happen, but its a possibility, I'll leave it at that. However, people need to drop any notion of Wii U exclusivity. There are no Wii U exclusive characters, and there will never be. But, it is definitely possible (albeit, questionable at this point) that some characters could not be finished in time for Smash 3DS, and will be patched into Smash 3DS when the Wii U version is launched. Either way, I'm holding out for DLC for Isaac and K. Rool, but also keeping an open mind about the possibility of additional characters in Wii U.

Agreed, in any way, shape, or form. If Isaac does appear in Smash Wii U in any way, he'll be added to Smash 3DS later.
Yea I really don't see the point of the embargo considering we already almost everything about the Wii U version. Unless they have hidden secrets...... like Isaac. Or just doing it for the sake of doing it but I would like to go with the former case.

On a side note, the influential Canadian players have gotten a copy from Nintendo of Canada for some sort of review purpose. Did anyone from the boards get a copy?

It would actually be funny if someone did happen to get one, and found about Isaac's inclusion.

Thanks N3ON for putting a good word in for Isaac to Sakurai.

Somebody leak this important information to gamefaqs! :p
Imagine if it was true about N3ON knowing about Isaac's inclusion
:p

Edit: N3ON's profile says Vancouver.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea I really don't see the point of the embargo considering we already almost everything about the Wii U version. Unless they have hidden secrets...... like Isaac. Or just doing it for the sake of doing it but I would like to go with the former case.

On a side note, the influential Canadian players have gotten a copy from Nintendo of Canada for some sort of review purpose. Did anyone from the boards get a copy?

It would actually be funny if someone did happen to get one, and found about Isaac's inclusion.

Imagine if it was true about N3ON knowing about Isaac's inclusion :p
There was a rumor a while back stating that Isaac was supposed to be in Smash 3DS but they weren't able to finish him in time. Of course, that same rumor also stated that Lest from Rune Factory would be in, along with Race to the Finish coming back, but both are highly questionable (and Race to the Finish is not back, although Master Fortress basically looks like Race to the Finish).

mark welford

Smash Ace
Hey what if that DLC leak is true? Isaac, Bandana Dee and Wolf are in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version because they weren't finished in time for it's release but would come back as DLC on the 3DS version. Just a thought and theory I had take it however you want

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
There was a rumor a while back stating that Isaac was supposed to be in Smash 3DS but they weren't able to finish him in time. Of course, that same rumor also stated that Lest from Rune Factory would be in, along with Race to the Finish coming back, but both are highly questionable (and Race to the Finish is not back, although Master Fortress basically looks like Race to the Finish).
Yea. I still hope that Isaac is in Smash Wii U as an additional character. Although I want an announcement for him! With an awesome reveal trailer :) I know I have said that a lot but I want to see Isaac's awesomeness in an official trailer.

Well Waddle Dee is coming into prominence a lot and there was this Kirby, Waddle Dee stage that Sakurai showed off as a possible Stage creator creation. Wolf might come into play for the future Star Fox U and Isaac has not been hinted as off so far but his exclusion so far is obviously suspicious. Especially to people who think through the trophies and assist trophies carefully.

It would be awesome for Nintendo to throw a surprise at us, so I am still hopeful. Otherwise, future Directs it is for DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey what if that DLC leak is true? Isaac, Bandana Dee and Wolf are in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version because they weren't finished in time for it's release but would come back as DLC on the 3DS version. Just a thought and theory I had take it however you want
I'm telling you, if there's even a shred of a possibility that there are more characters on Wii U (which honestly I'm starting to believe more in more than there just might be), they WILL be added into the 3DS version as a free patch. Any actual DLC later will apply to both versions. You will NEVER have to buy DLC for just one version of the game.

Oh, but I'd be extremely sour if we got Bandana Dee before any new DK character at all. And I honestly don't believe it'd happen, either.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard of that one yet, is it a recent leak? Or do you mean the one with the video that was posted on YT?
Now, while close to all the prominent leaks will fade into dust sooner or later, I love how every other one has Isaac in it by now. From what appeared to be a kinda outsider-ish choice for the main game, is now possibly the most seen character in any leak, possibly tied with Wolf.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The embargo is probably for hidden stages, hidden assist trophies and possibly some other super secret mode too secret for even the 50 fact extravaganza.

Possibly for any other 3rd party trophies in the game they want to reveal in a potd between now and release.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The embargo is probably for hidden stages, hidden assist trophies and possibly some other super secret mode too secret for even the 50 fact extravaganza.

Possibly for any other 3rd party trophies in the game they want to reveal in a potd between now and release.
I don't see why there would be some "super secret mode" not in the 50-fact extravaganza...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see why there would be some "super secret mode" not in the 50-fact extravaganza...
Well you wouldn't see, because it's a secret.

I don't see why there couldn't be, it doesn't hurt to have more secrets up your sleeve. Sakurai might want to reveal something completely new in the potd between now and release.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I still didn't get it xD Has somebody proved the playability of Isaac or something like that?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still didn't get it xD Has somebody proved the playability of Isaac or something like that?
No no. Otherwise we would be going absolutely crazy in this thread at the moment.

We were just joking around. And now we are just still hoping for more characters in the Wii U version. Plus discussing how some people got early copies of Smash Wii U in Canada.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No no. Otherwise we would be going absolutely crazy in this thread at the moment.

We were just joking around. And now we are just still hoping for more characters in the Wii U version. Plus discussing how some people got early copies of Smash Wii U in Canada.
Not really "hoping" or anything. Just speculating on the possibility. I'm not "hoping" for more characters in the Wii U version, I'm just starting to think, maybe its possible there are? Its really weird how this situation is being handled. But I'm not "hoping" there are.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not really "hoping" or anything. Just speculating on the possibility. I'm not "hoping" for more characters in the Wii U version, I'm just starting to think, maybe its possible there are? Its really weird how this situation is being handled. But I'm not "hoping" there are.
Uh-uh. No need to go into semantics.

For me both are the same. I speculate when I have hope or I hope when there is speculation :p

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Oh i see xD Well so let's hope that a good anouncement will rise !

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I wish someone would go ahead and leak the final list of Wii U Assist trophies. I need to know if Isaac is safe!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm telling you, if there's even a shred of a possibility that there are more characters on Wii U (which honestly I'm starting to believe more in more than there just might be), they WILL be added into the 3DS version as a free patch. Any actual DLC later will apply to both versions. You will NEVER have to buy DLC for just one version of the game.
Yes, you will. Simply because there is, as yet, NO interconnectivity between the 3DS and Wii U E-Shops. The few Virtual Console games that are on both systems (way, way too few of these) have to be purchased twice. The two E-Shops don't talk to each other at all. I don't see this changing.

It's quite likely that getting one will give you a download code or something for the other, but that's not guaranteed.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Oh, but I'd be extremely sour if we got Bandana Dee before any new DK character at all. And I honestly don't believe it'd happen, either.
i hate to be that guy, but i highly doubt that there are any new characters atm. it doesn't seem like sakurai to do that. he likes to reveal the important things himself because he hates spoilers on the internet. its probably just stages and trophies that they are hiding. now this doesn't mean we can't see any future DLC, but for now everyone should keep their expectations low. just 2 more weeks guys.

D

Deleted member

I'd simply worry if there are Wii U exclusive ATs as opposed to unknown Wii U newcomers. Once that is confirmed, we can move on to DLC.

Besides, November 21st can't come soon enough.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Don't let your bias cloud things, that leak was terrible and fake.

If there were more characters in the Wii U version they definitely wouldn't have let it go by unpromoted.

D

Deleted member

I know it sounded tempting, but it was a bad leak that had audio editing, especially as the select screen was an edited photo that was reinserted into the 3DS's data files and viewed in Photo Studio.

I've come to terms on the Lest part being debunked, although I still consider him to be a rather harmless entry for DLC. But, I would think Isaac might have been pushed back, largely due to the demand of Shulk & the possible realization that, with the current time window they had, they bit off more than they could chew.

I still buy that first part, but time will only tell. Frankly, I still have high hopes that Isaac is the first DLC newcomer, as I doubt the first DLC packaging (though whether or not Mewtwo is a standalone remains to be seen) would be Smash veterans only.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If there were more characters in the Wii U version they definitely wouldn't have let it go by unpromoted.
They left Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo unpromoted before the release of the 3ds version. Various veterans were left unpromoted too.

How is this any different?

You could argue they would reveal these Wii U characters to promote getting the Wii U version but if they were also released as free downloads for the 3ds version, promoting the characters for that reason would be pointless. (Not to mention false advertising)

They have no more of a reason to promote them than they would any other secret character in past games.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In response to the Wolf comments, if Wolf is just going to be a clone again, then I'd rather him not return. I'd rather have a Star Fox character whom is likely to have a totally unique moveset, like Krystal with her staff.

Oh, and for those whom have not seen it, here is the Isaac and Lest "leak". I don't know if Rune Factory is first-party or not, but I think Lest would make a pretty interesting character. Though, like all alleged leaks, this one is probably best taken with a grain of salt.

http://i.imgur.com/2jZgoUx.png

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
They left Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo unpromoted before the release of the 3ds version. Various veterans were left unpromoted too.

How is this any different?

You could argue they would reveal these Wii U characters to promote getting the Wii U version but if they were also released as free downloads for the 3ds version, promoting the characters for that reason would be pointless. (Not to mention false advertising)

They have no more of a reason to promote them than they would any other secret character in past games.
How is it any different? Well on one hand you have secret characters who are purposely withheld, and on the other hand you have a gave people think they already know the complete roster of when BAM, more characters are revealed, skyrocketing hype again. Jr and DHD are cool, but just by the fact that people know about them means their reveal wouldn't cause as much hype as characters no one expected was coming. Characters are what people care about most, they are the core of what drives the hype and sales of Smash, if there are extra characters present on the Wii U that would reignite interest many times over, it would convince people to buy Wii Us, it's not just something Nintendo would sit on, because it's not a matter of holding on to a few secret characters, it's a matter of giving people a whole new reason to purchase a game. Jr and DHD aren't a new reason, people already found out about them.

Revealing exclusive characters would do wonders for the hype, it'd almost be like revealing another third-party, but just having people find them on their own would be a missed opportunity marketing wise that even Nintendo wouldn't take. I mean even adding exclusive characters in the first place would be a decision at least partially based on marketing, considering it wouldn't be a matter of technical limitation.

You're right, if they're also going to be free downloads on the 3DS version, it wouldn't make a ton of sense, but that's your hypothetical, and it wouldn't happen like that. Either they'd be transferable if you owned the Wii U version, or they'd become available for download some time after the Wii U version came out, to capitalize off the Wii U version. Releasing them for free 3DS download at the same time as the Wii U version would obv take away from the incentive to buy the Wii U version, so that wouldn't come to pass.

Ofc this is all under the hypothetical of there being more characters on the Wii U, which there aren't. Trust me, if there were, we'd have heard about it. It's marketing 101 to focus on what will move the product the most, and in this case it'd be extra characters. Even more than 8-player Smash.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

There is Golden Sun content in the game.
I saw that too I was right to post right NOW!
Your too fast! Am too slow...

And that was the default line up of music you get in the BEGGINING WHEN YOU TURN ON THAT BEUTY!
After all there 400+ so get ready.

After all this... FINALLY A GOLDEN SUN CONTENT IN THE GAME!!!

Top Bottom