• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You could go Ness. Yeah, I know he's low tier, but you seemed pretty good with him, and it seems your iconic Melee character XD

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
You could go Ness. Yeah, I know he's low tier, but you seemed pretty good with him, and it seems your iconic Melee character XD
Ness is cool and all, it's just that he's a tad useless competitively (except in smash 64....'s case)
I was thinking mid tier or above. Maybe marth?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, go with watever you feel comfortable with. Personally, I woudn't discard a character according to tiers (more based on matchups actually. I don't know Ness' or Lucario's matchups though, so I don't know if they at least somewhat cover each other or not.), but then again, I main Kirby and Mario which, to all intents and purposes, is really a ******** thing to do.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
It's good to keep a low-tier character as a viable option... good chance your opponent won't know how to play against him. Or her. Eh-hem. >.>

What's going on with who-will-be-at-SCC-when? Is Scrib not going on Fridays anymore? 'cuz I don't think I'll get a chance to be there before Friday and I was hoping to get more 1v1's against his MK (despite his MK being punished and what not). No offense meant to anyone else it's just I picked up ZSS specifically for that match up and I clearly have a long way to go.

*zap*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just clarifying: While I am not going to be here at all this week, I will still be there Weds and Fri on every other week. If you want to play, just tell me in advance that you'll be there or be there when I am, because if I don't know you're coming and everyone else leaves, I probably will too.

See you all next week.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Well, on a less depressing note, I'm thinkin Marth or MAYBE D3. If I up Diddy's game, and majorly tweak my Wario, then there won't be many characters that can completely wreck me.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
so far my list is looking like (changes all the time XD)
meta (may switch for nanerz)
diddy
snake
marth
wario
ganon (for low tierz)
*insert everyone else minus sonic in random order after*

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
If I do go with Marth or DDD (likely to be them>my lame snake), it'd be nice for a little help picking them up because I know that in all likelihood you play those characters much better than I do.

Diddy is soooo great though. Even though mine has jetpack OCD, Diddy is one of the most fun characters to play.

Last, I've been wondering for a while whether or not it would be good to play Ness in low tiers instead of PT.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
A better question is who doesn't Ness wreck in low tiers? (Other than Mario, Squirtle, and perhaps Yoshi.)

As for Marth and D3... Meh, Marth seems to be mostly spacing, and while you'd think with Kirby and D3 being so similar I'd know what to sayabout him, but I really can't play D3 very well.
My D3 basically plays as such: CG (often messed up), Bair, Dair, Ftilt, Waddle Dee.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
ah **** i missed this...i go to sinclair as a student so i got all excited..
is this smash meeting going to be every tuesdays and thursdays?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Takuyo, Tues and Thurs are the days all/most of us will be there, but generally speaking, there's always a few of us playing down in building 8 on any weekday afternoon (unless the Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom guys beat us to the TV.).

Also, I'll be back Sunday afternoon, so yeah, I'll be available next week.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
awesome, and yea they were there last thursday so i ended up playing with them ( i like sf4 lol) and sadly im just as good as they are and i had never played it before that day XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, so they are bringing it? Do you know what days they play? If possible I'd rather we just work something out with them so that we all have the TV on different days.

I would like to try SF4 sometime though...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Scribble's car broke down a while ago, so h won't be making it this time I don't think. I might go down there depending on A) my budget/ability to pay for a greyhound bus there and back, or B) if Paradigm feels like going and generously giving me a ride *wink wink nod nod nudge nudge*.

I'm nothing special though :p

lou4222

Smash Lord
Is paradigm the only one with a car in the Dayton area now? Thats rough. Maybe one of the new guys that has an interest in brawl will be willing to drive. If not I guess we will just have to wait until the house tourney in a month:(

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
:( hey everybody going tomorrow ima be alittle late i wont be there till about 12:00 noon i feel a little under the weather so ima sleep in a bit

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
awesome, and yea they were there last thursday so i ended up playing with them ( i like sf4 lol) and sadly im just as good as they are and i had never played it before that day XD

Can't wait till the 14th, I might stay the week to get my chance to crush them in sf4 like I am crushing the Cbus crew (went to the Gstop tourney, lost because of dpad only thing but got a 30+ win streak with my stick in casuals afterward).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
you need to teach me a bit so i can say to the sf4 dudes that if i win they gotta gtfo the tv so we can play brawl

also ill be late again i still feel sick see yall tomorrow

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
*double post for bump*
para or fizzle are you guys ever gonna go to the tuesday/thursday things? also david still plays on fridays so you could still play brawl im the only one who isnt there

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, Not sure where you guys disappeared off to... (With my controller, might I add...)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I might be free some upcoming week in march or april to come for a few hours every day anyone is there on that week, but it looks like the next time I'll be playing you guys will be at Nex Lan, then comes the rematch that I will be crying for at springfield (most likely, I still don't know how to handle meta)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Then you need to show up more and learn! :laugh:

Also, there's pretty much always someone here now.
Seriously... there's like 10 regulars now.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I might be free some upcoming week in march or april to come for a few hours every day anyone is there on that week, but it looks like the next time I'll be playing you guys will be at Nex Lan, then comes the rematch that I will be crying for at springfield (most likely, I still don't know how to handle meta)
fizzle gets marth or wario. most likely not meta >_>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Psh... Your marth fails! That or I know how to play Marths...? I dunno... they do seem to all play fairly similarly...

Top Bottom