• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay. Sincerest of apologies for my faulty semantics.

Anyways, to take a page from the books of the roster discussion and Ridley threads, what sparked everyone's interest in K. Rool as a newcomer?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Unlike Ridley, I have history with K. Rool, namely the GBC Donkey Kong Country.

Then I saw the "Legend of the Crystal Coconut" video.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't really have a history w/ the DKC series. K. Rool is just a character I think deserves to be in, but I don't really have any personal connection with him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, I had overlooked the DK series for quite a while in my life, and only recently started to appreciate it. When I lurked here for a while pre-Brawl, most DKC support was for Diddy, naturally. K. Rool was rarely (haha...) brought up. So I overlooked him, and had a really long hiatus from games in general. Then a friend gave me Mario Super Sluggers when I started to replay Wii games. It was pretty fun, for what is was worth, and then I unlocked K. Rool. Then I tried to remember who he was. It clicked, and I found him comical. About a six-month period later while playing Brawl, I thought, "huh, you know what would be cool? Another Smash game. With K. Rool. (Other characters were also mentioned, but I'll just say K. Rool for the sake of the topic.).

Then I came here. After seeing some more videos on what K. Rool could do earlier on, I really wanted his bipolar trickster comical villainous self in Smash.

Sort of unorthodox, but that's what happened.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Okay. Sincerest of apologies for my faulty semantics.

Anyways, to take a page from the books of the roster discussion and Ridley threads, what sparked everyone's interest in K. Rool as a newcomer?

Nice Question and ima bit like ''Oppsum''

Its been a long time since i have played any DK game but back in the day i absoultly loved DKC1 who didnt and seeing K.Rool at the end i instantly just developed this Respect and love for him mainly i see him as a ''Succesful Bowser''

I love bowser but when you play mario games and fight bowser i just cant take him seriously.. hes not daunting..K.Rool to me imo is what bowser would be if he tried with all his might to be succesful.

K.Rool is HARD! he is far from a slouch boss like bowser and how he just got up after the credits in DKC1 Looool like you think you have killed him but no..

Omg man ima hugeee bowser fan hes my main in every Mario game but seriously K.Rool is more clever/aware/evil/ruthless then bowser in everyway he pretty much would have ended all the kongs and blew up DK Isles if it wasent for K.Klumsy..lol

I mean seriously anyone[ who Played DK64 Bloody best game in the Universe he was no joke..so cunning just poor evil so serious everyone was crap scared of him! All his minions and bosses lol when they fail and need to report back to him..it was murder for them...

K.Rool is seriously the best defention of a true villian i had no idea that he was requested for brawl or Sm4sh it just never crossed my mind.. because i just completly forgot about DK series in general. Even after they added Diddy in brawl i didnt notice or expect it.

But when i came to these forums and i saw this
thread and support for him my god i was sooo happy and amazed! Seriously K.Rool needs to get in.

I want him equally as much as Ridley!

Seriously DK64 my days and when hes been so
serious you gotta fight him in a boxing match..looool

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Seriously i just cant explain in words how much respect and love i have for this guy might not be a very well known villian defenetly not as known as

Ganondorf
Bowser
Ridley

I guess most of if not all the respect goes to ''Rare'' when they were gaming gods for portraying his character in DK64 the K.Rool nowdays im not familar with but just souly because of DKC1 & Mostly DK64 just two games i have developed a undying and most certainly unforgetable experience of just how sick this guy is greatest nintendo villian ever i dont care..personality ruthless leader

I cant express it enough...please just take exzactly 1:00 of youe time to watch this short video and then tellme how much this guy needs to be in Sm4sh..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arBxzb8y5iE

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not going to write too long a K. Rool essay about how I came to support him (that can come later), but rather, I'll summarize it as briefly as possible. His DKC boss fight was my first exposure to gaming as a whole during Christmas '99. Four Christmasses later, I received a GBA with its DKC port; over the next two birthdays, I also received DKC2 and 3. Over this time, I developed a love for the series and everything about it. When I was first introduced to Melee around 2005 at a friend's, I was baffled that Diddy and K. Rool were both absent, since Mario, Luigi and Bowser were all playable.

I only vaguely followed Brawl until Diddy was revealed in August 2007, prompting me to begin supporting K. Rool for Brawl. When this proved to be a disappointment, I was disheartened, though this was nothing in comparison to my reaction when I discovered that DKCR had "no crocodiles." This prompted months worth of message board angst, as well as a Hitler Rant video at the apex of the whole ordeal. Having entered the SSB4 speculation scene by that August 2010, I now advocated even more strongly for K. Rool; in addition to wanting a blunderbuss-wielding crocodile pirate, I also wanted him to appear in the one spin-off even Retro Studios couldn't ignore in future Donkey Kong games. And in the years since then, my support has only intensified, along with that of K. Rool's fanbase as a whole, in part thanks to me spending time designing five, soon to be six movesets for the character through MYM.

So, as the new year draws ever closer, I'll close with a heartfelt hope that, either this upcoming year or the next, the light will finally shine on the Kremling King and he'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Nintendo's elite at long last.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only played a little bit of DK64. Mostly multiplayer

Surprisingly fun times

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Donkey Kong 64's multiplayer was kinda fun, which probably a contribution to Rare being very competent with multiplayer in general. Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Perfect Dark also had some fun multiplayer too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Never played DK64, but have watched multiple playthroughs of it on YouTube to familiarize myself with its content. There was actually a recent interview in which Camelot employees expressed a desire to remake DK64, though nothing has come of that...yet, at least.

And yes, Dark Phazon, the GBA ports are universally looked at as feeble imitations of the original trilogy, though considering the SNES was rather off the radar by the time I began gaming, they were my only venue into DKC.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume the remake of Donkey Kong 64 is a desire to stripe away the references to Rare, which is probably why Donkey Kong 64 was never released on Virtual Console.

Also I personally disliked the Gameboy Advance ports for the over saturated visuals and the toned down music.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I presume the remake of Donkey Kong 64 is a desire to stripe away the references to Rare, which is probably why Donkey Kong 64 was never released on Virtual Console.

Also I personally disliked the Gameboy Advance ports for the over saturated visuals and the toned down music.
I hope they never remake it..it will disgrace there original bringing it back to cashcow it i would turn in my sleep and grave...

Just like they did Goldeneye...

D

Deleted member

The reason why I came across to support K. Rool was because of my exposure to DKC, DK64, and DKC2, all games that I throughly enjoyed. I also liked how K. Rool was such an unique villain. He's remained in my Top 3 ever since I came into the speculation scene June of '11.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GBA Versions would have been vastly superior

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ironically, that's wrong. At least if we're going with the comparison to the SNES and GBA versions thing.
Oh, was there some kind of port of DKC on the GBA?

I just looked online.

I just meant there were some quality remakes on the GBA of ...at least NES games. Super Mario 2 and 3 specifically

I have some nostalgia for the GBA, not so much for the GBC since I didn't have a GBC. I played GBC games on the Gameboy pocket.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually, I think Camelot wanted to make a Donkey Kong game similar to DK64, rather than just revamp the original. Though we can rest assured that, in whatever new game they come up with, it wouldn't have Jetpac as a mini-game.

Any K. Rool fight remotely similar to his one in DK64 would really boost his fanbase quite a bit, just due to its sheer absurdity.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I thought it was said that Camelot wanted to do a sequel?

Ahhh... man i think the last game remaining that i love and keep closest to me is DK64 its rep will get destroyed with a Remake or Sequal mosr of my fav games have already been revived to be cashcow butchered.

Phantasy Star Online
DKR64
B&J 1 & 2
CBFD
Perfect Dark
Golden Eye

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Isn't K Rool like twice as big as Donkey Kong? Since Donkey Kong is a large character, would that make K Rool too big for Smash?
Platformers usually have their characters "Mario-sized" especially in relation to the masters they're fighting for the sake of gameplay. In Rare's 3D platformers, DK, Banjo and Conker are pretty much the same size while most of the stuff around them is humongous, and the same can be said for Mario.

After that awkward exchange, random thought. Are there any different personas for K. Rool that you'd like to see in future games in the DK Series?
K. Rula (pronounced KUH-Rula): A vampiric crocodile who acts like Dracula. Blood-sucking isn't required.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ahhh... man i think the last game remaining that i love and keep closest to me is DK64 its rep will get destroyed with a Remake or Sequal mosr of my fav games have already been revived to be cashcow butchered.

Phantasy Star Online
DKR64
B&J 1 & 2
CBFD
Perfect Dark
Golden Eye

Even if they butchered a Donkey Kong 64 remake, it doesn't make the original Donkey Kong 64 game bad.

yani

Smash Lord
Camelot said they would be down for a DK64 sequel. So would I. Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Lanky playable. Let Tiny Kong run the armory, Funky Kong run something with vehicles, and Swanky for minigames.

And most importantly, the return of the Kremling Krew and their supreme leader K.Rool :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
CAMELOT wants to make a sequel to DK64? That's ... highly unexpected so to say. But I could see them doing it. They prortait the DKC characters very well in their Mario-spin off games. And I loved the **** out of Golden Sun (the GBA games, never played Dark Dawn). So I'd be down for anything they'd bring.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If nothing else, I'd say Camelot making a DK64 sequel would be a good way to possibly get them out of the stagnant, mediocre pit they've dug themselves into recently. Either that or we get a horribly "meh" follow-up to a great game. :rolleyes::laugh:

At least if they do somehow end up making a sequel (or even if someone else makes it), I see very little chance of K. Rool and the Kremlings being left out (then again, I wouldn't have expected Dixie to be left out of DK64). I would not be a fan of a DK642 with Tikis. :glare:

Either way... Lanky better be in it. :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If nothing else, I'd say Camelot making a DK64 sequel would be a good way to possibly get them out of the stagnant, mediocre pit they've dug themselves into recently. Either that or we get a horribly "meh" follow-up to a great game. :rolleyes::laugh:

At least if they do somehow end up making a sequel (or even if someone else makes it), I see very little chance of K. Rool and the Kremlings being left out (then again, I wouldn't have expected Dixie to be left out of DK64). I would not be a fan of a DK642 with Tikis. :glare:

Either way... Lanky better be in it. :awesome:
Tiki King K Rool :troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hold on just a second! When did Camelot say this? Is this old news that hasn't held water that's just been drummed up, or is there some crazy *** stuff going on that I need to know about?

Time for research!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Obviously Donkey Kong wouldn't return as playable. He'd have to be the damsel in distress

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
"Damsel" is a very sketchy word considering that Donkey Kong is kind of the opposite of a beautiful women. I mean, being a big gorilla with a banana fetish and all that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To each their own.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Of course if your close enough to a beholder to see in it's eye, I don't expect you to be able to share the secrets of beauty with anyone....

D

Deleted member

"Damsel" is a very sketchy word considering that Donkey Kong is kind of the opposite of a beautiful women. I mean, being a big gorilla with a banana fetish and all that.
To some, that is a nice damsel.

Not me, though. I need hefty women that can chuck cows like there's no tomorrow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as DK doesn't have that Godawful toothy grin I'm cool with whatever.

But I wanna see an article about Camelot actually saying they wanna do a DK64-like game as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It makes sence that Camelot would say DK64 is their favorite game. As Diddy first appeared in a Camelot made Mario game, namely Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. His appearance in Mario Power Tennis a couple of years later also re-introduced his Rocketbarrels for the first time since DK64. Their versions of Donkey Kong also wheren't nearly as goofy as Nintendo likes to portay him, so yeah, I'd totally be up for them making a Donkey Kong game. But I'd like Retro and PAON to help them with it, if possible. :dk:

Top Bottom