• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes, prepare to feast your eyes on the fine details of every scale on K. Rool's HD body. The last time he had such a detailed model, he was starring in the DKC cartoon. :troll:

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That rumor is 100% fake. Sakurai has a much tighter control over rumors slipping out then that. If a rumor is getting out, it's gonna be the whole roster, and it's going to go to highly sources first (see: like the guy who runs Serebii.net).

Also, HD K. Rool in HD Smash is going to be HDtastic.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I know that the next smash bros is inevitable, but has it been OFFICALY announced? Obviously in it's production but has there been even one official news article that isn't just about rumors yet?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know that the next smash bros is inevitable, but has it been OFFICALY announced? Obviously in it's production but has there been even one official news article that isn't just about rumors yet?
Uh yeah... it was officially announced at E3 2011, and has been talked about several times since by various people at Nintendo and Namco (who are developing it with Sakurai), though nothing has been shown yet. Expect more info at E3 later this year.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh yeah... it was officially announced at E3 2011, and has been talked about several times since by various people at Nintendo and Namco (who are developing it with Sakurai), though nothing has been shown yet. Expect more info at E3 later this year.
We can expect small tidbits on the long roadly roady road to E3, as well as a few huge rumors as E3 gets really close.

As for E3... who knows what we'll get there. But whatever it is, don't expect it to top the first Brawl trailer, because that was undoubtedly the best reveal trailer of all-time IMO.

Seriously, after the graphical enhancements, you give me Final Smashes in a trailer, I'm happy. You give me Final Smashes and the Haleberd stage in a trailer, and my mind is blown. You give me all that, plus Skyworld, that awesome time changing Battlefield, and, to top it all off, we got not just Meta Knight, not just Pit, but Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and OH MY MOTHER FREAKING GOD SOLID SNAKE to top it all off, and everyone's collective brains were blown.

If that trailer didn't make you happy, then you are a severely depressed human being.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We can expect small tidbits on the long roadly roady road to E3, as well as a few huge rumors as E3 gets really close.

As for E3... who knows what we'll get there. But whatever it is, don't expect it to top the first Brawl trailer, because that was undoubtedly the best reveal trailer of all-time IMO.

Seriously, after the graphical enhancements, you give me Final Smashes in a trailer, I'm happy. You give me Final Smashes and the Haleberd stage in a trailer, and my mind is blown. You give me all that, plus Skyworld, that awesome time changing Battlefield, and, to top it all off, we got not just Meta Knight, not just Pit, but Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and OH MY MOTHER FREAKING GOD SOLID SNAKE to top it all off, and everyone's collective brains were blown.

If that trailer didn't make you happy, then you are a severely depressed human being.
Of course, the trailer for Brawl was ridiculously awesome and to this day nothing has topped it for me either, but I dunno... the characters transforming into HD (with Kirby looking relatively similar again :awesome:), some new attack method (like side specials and Final Smashes previously) being shown, the new Battlefield and several other stages (maybe a Japanese-style one for Takamaru, Skyloft, or one from SMG?), and then possibly characters like Ridley and Megaman? I think that would be some tough competition, I can see a lot of people losing their **** over that. ;)

But Skyworld wasn't in the Brawl trailer (Castle Siege was though). :p

Either way, by April I'm going to start getting twitchy, by May I'll barely be able to handle myself, and in June I might as well be hopped up on terrible energy drinks the whole month. :laugh:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

It will no doubt be nothing more then ''The Victory Road''

And the most annoying and longest one you have ever conquered....

yani

Smash Lord
That rumor is 100% fake. Sakurai has a much tighter control over rumors slipping out then that. If a rumor is getting out, it's gonna be the whole roster, and it's going to go to highly sources first (see: like the guy who runs Serebii.net).
If you have the chance, would you mind explaining what happened with Serebii and the Brawl roster? I always see it mentioned but I couldn't find anything online. I would love to know the story :bee:

edit - forgot this was the K.Rool thread, sorry about that :S

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, stick to PMs for that sort of discussion.

Anyways, I've noticed in so many threads (including that "leak") that K. Rool and Ridley are often paired together, both being villain reps and some of Nintendo's last big-names yet to be added.

I do wonder how they'll be portrayed as villains within the game. Judging by Brawl's event match 50, Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede are the "bossiest of bosses." With K. Rool and Ridley now in the mix, will those two stand shoulder-to-shoulder with those three? Would they become subordinates? What about their armies?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not sure, but I can see them being together in an event match regardless of what the circumstances are, and it is funny how they're often paired when it comes to rumors.

Recently been watching/rewatching the DKC show on youtube since I never got all see all the episodes when it was aired (only some). Like the Super Mario Brothers Super Show and other shows based on games, it's one of those things so cheesy it's enjoyable. :lol: Sad though that it's still only been released on VHS, at least to my knowledge, but I'm sure it well contributes to anyone's desire of K. Rool being in Smash. Kinda makes me wish there had been a DKC 2 version of the show at some point with Kaptain K. Rool, lol.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you have the chance, would you mind explaining what happened with Serebii and the Brawl roster? I always see it mentioned but I couldn't find anything online. I would love to know the story :bee:
The dude running Serebii.net had roster leaked to him (it was 100% true). Seeing as how he's running a big Nintendo fan site, he has some Nintendo insiders (for real), and his site is credible, he was thus credible.

The only info he revealed was that Lucario was in, Mewtwo was out, and Jigglypuff was returning. The second bit of news confused us. The full info was later revealed by other sources, but with the full roster (of course back then, we all thought it was 100% fake).

To link this with K. Rool, there is no such authority on Donkey Kong characters, so let's not throw ourselves at DK fanbase "rumors" or "leaks." Also, the Ridley/K. Rool pairing is done because they are 2 of the most popular characters not in smash owned by Nintendo, as well as two villains.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The dude running Serebii.net had roster leaked to him (it was 100% true). Seeing as how he's running a big Nintendo fan site, he has some Nintendo insiders (for real), and his site is credible, he was thus credible.

The only info he revealed was that Lucario was in, Mewtwo was out, and Jigglypuff was returning. The second bit of news confused us. The full info was later revealed by other sources, but with the full roster (of course back then, we all thought it was 100% fake).

To link this with K. Rool, there is no such authority on Donkey Kong characters, so let's not throw ourselves at DK fanbase "rumors" or "leaks." Also, the Ridley/K. Rool pairing is done because they are 2 of the most popular characters not in smash owned by Nintendo, as well as two villains.
Wow...

How early was the roster leaked to him?

Did he get in trouble for leaking it to the public even though it was just the pokemon part?

Do you think it will happen again?

xD sorry for so many questions but im intrested.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
haha honestly im going to try resisting coming to the the boards for a couple of weeks and see if anything by any chance is discussed as possibly confirmed information on smash 4. King K.Rool is the first character I'm going to try to main. Kutthroats is a dope name and I'm willing to participate in online Kremling Kutthroat gang/guild thing. us kutthroats could chill online and battle and represent our k.rool and keep winning and winning no matter what tier he may be. im down to help lead the kutthroats if anything. just my contribution :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Dark Phazon
The roster was leaked about 4 months before Brawl was released to the public, although, there were a trillion "leaked" "rosters" and it took until a week before the game came out where we could narrow the roster down to 3 potential rosters. The guy running Serebii.net got that Lucario in/Mewtwo out info about a month or two before that.

@ N3ON
The Brawl trailer won't be topped anytime soon, but that doesn't mean we can't get a great trailer. With the Wii having about a trillion times the graphical and processing potential of the GameCube with motion controls, a 1990 hard drive, and online we call the Wii, we could see some mind-boggling graphics and ridiculous amount of content on the screen at one time (especially if the WiiU Pad's screen isn't used in Smash WiiU's gameplay).

Seeing characters transform into HD would be nice (we already got Link), especially the likes of Mario, Samus, Fox, and Captain Falcon. As for big newcomers like Ridley, K. Rool, or Mega Man, that would be amazing. But alas, let us keep our hype down, especially since we may very well not get a trailer at E3 in July (I'd say it's roughly a 50-50 chance). My sweet golly goodness, K. Rool, revealed, in HD... that would be a tremendous sight for sore eyes! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't help but keep agreeing with how true that is... haha fox's fur in HD and Dedede's flubby cheeks lololol
With my list of characters (before) K. Rool, I was thinking only in terms of the original 12. I think it'd be great if the original 12 were revealed first, and it would be a perfect flashback. Imagine if Nintendo made a shot-for-shot remake of the Smash 64 intro for Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS with those games' graphics! :laugh:

In regard to Dedede, he could look really good really easily with his Brawl style upgraded graphically two generations ahead (because the Wii was basically the same graphically as the GameCube, whereas the WiiU is easily stronger than the 360 or PS3).

As for K. Rool, I would imagine his crown would be ridiculously detailed, and he'd have something of a cel-shaded/cartoon style mixed with a ridiculous amount of realism. Imagine his scales, the visual details put on his belly, or how awesome his cape will be when it flaps, flies, and flings around behind him! :reverse:

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
With my list of characters (before) K. Rool, I was thinking only in terms of the original 12. I think it'd be great if the original 12 were revealed first, and it would be a perfect flashback. Imagine if Nintendo made a shot-for-shot remake of the Smash 64 intro for Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS with those games' graphics! :laugh:

In regard to Dedede, he could look really good really easily with his Brawl style upgraded graphically two generations ahead (because the Wii was basically the same graphically as the GameCube, whereas the WiiU is easily stronger than the 360 or PS3).

As for K. Rool, I would imagine his crown would be ridiculously detailed, and he'd have something of a cel-shaded/cartoon style mixed with a ridiculous amount of realism. Imagine his scales, the visual details put on his belly, or how awesome his cape will be when it flaps, flies, and flings around behind him! :reverse:
It's going to be great, and especially after taking an Art History course in high-school my appreciation for art and detail has dramatically increased. Capes of all characters will be sickkk.

Ike, Ganondorf, K.Rool (The Caped Power-houses)... oh we can't forget how good zero-suit samus' BUTT will look .LOL!

Aside from that though, i'm excited to see K. Rool's actions really cartoony, it'd be SO funny. i honestly think they'll give him plenty of well deserved comical humor

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kan I be a Kutthroat? :p

And K.Rool has got to be one of my most wanted characters. And the good thing is I don't see how he wouldn't make it in.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Haven't really seen him talked about here before, but I'm guessing Baron K. Roolenstein isn't really as liked as the King and Kaptain personas of K. Rool?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Haven't really seen him talked about here before, but I'm guessing Baron K. Roolenstein isn't really as liked as the King and Kaptain personas of K. Rool?
Roolenstein just isn't as popular and comical as the king and kaptain, but I'm hoping they add a roolenstein scenario in story mode

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If you have any idea how crazy this could be check this link out this link THIS IS HOW A FULL BLOWN HD POKEMON GAME WOULD LOOK ON WIIU!! SEE THE POKEMON CENTER.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/01/heres-what-a-pokemon-game-on-wii-u-could-look-like/

i Really!!!! hope they dont use the gamepad for Sm4sh wiiu... if anything that should sll be left for Sm4sh 3DS.

i want a FULL-BLOWNNNNN!!! HDDDDDD

omg Bowser would look soooooo sick its crazyyyy.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
If you have any idea how crazy this could be check this link out this link THIS IS HOW A FULL BLOWN HD POKEMON GAME WOULD LOOK ON WIIU!! SEE THE POKEMON CENTER.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/01/heres-what-a-pokemon-game-on-wii-u-could-look-like/

i Really!!!! hope they dont use the gamepad for Sm4sh wiiu... if anything that should sll be left for Sm4sh 3DS.

Couldn't resists checking this thread haha. Wow. That Pokemon Center is crazy... Bowser will look really good indeed. K.Rool's bloodshot eye PLEASE

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@Layupfreak Once we learn more about SSB4's online, a Kutthroat Krew of players would be awesome to start up, and a great way to represent the Kremling King.

In terms of why Baron is less popular than Kaptain, DKC3 is perpetually ignored, while DKC2 is almost always considered the best game of the trilogy. Plus, you could say that Kaptain does more in his fight, while Baron just flies back and forth for the most part.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

what can I say? that Pokémon Center looks impressive.

To think that's how the new Smash Bros. may look, it certainly hypes me.

The characters will look as good, of course, with all the little details they can put. Since both Melee and Brawl pushed their respective consoles to the limit, what kind of surprises should we expect?

@BKupa666: both Kaptain and Baron could be alt. costumes for King K. Rool, independently of their popularity, I think. If Wario had his looks from both Wario Land and WarioWare in Brawl, so could K. Rool have his three looks from each DKC game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would hope K. Rool gets all three looks, since having an alter ego fight between them would be unbelievably great. That, and they would look as good, if not better than K. Rool's king design in HD. However, if we're limited to just two costumes, Kaptain is likely what we'll get, since it's more well-known to the point of being referenced (inaccurately) on K. Rool's Brawl trophy.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, unless Roolenstein were able to summon those electric beams anywhere as a special move (pretty unlikely), I guess he wouldn't really have anything to offer moveset-wise unless maybe you count those little scissors he flies around with when the player has the chance to damage him with a barrel. :troll: I suppose he should just be an alt costume at best, assuming Wario's not the only one to get that treatment this time around. And I figured DKC3 itself being underrated contributed to the lack of discussion about him.

Meh, King K. Rool for life anyway, though Kaptain would be cool for Smash too.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
if this = thisThread

Console.WriteLine:"I approve of this".

Or something like that :p

I really hope for K. Rool in the next smash. He is the natural continuation of the DK roster. If they put Dixie in instead: Derp.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I hope the next DK stages are filled with lots of awesome original/recreated songs from DKC2 and DK64. Those games had the BEST memorable soundtracks IMO! :)

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
''In the Red Corner!'' Boo BOO Booooo!!

I agree.

Holy crap I loved that part. I laughed :D

Do you remember in certain parts of the aztec temple? When you got a golden banana, a creepy voice would say "GET OUT" and a crosswire is lining up on you 0-0
... has nothing to do with soundtracks but yeah. lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked: OHHH! BANANA! a lot. But don't remember every aspect of DK64 so well. Maybe I should replay it, but dunno if my N64 still works. Still, had a lot of fun times with DK64, despite it being somewhat disapointing.

The K.Rool cutscenes where also hillarious, but it really made me feel bad for the Kremlings sometimes. Part of that is why K.Rool is so awesome though, he's so twisted, chaotic and totally out of reason, you can't help but love him. :p

Top Bottom