• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That'd probably be impossible, as most of THOSE people left when Rare left Nintendo in the first place. I'd probably trust Camelot more than modernday Rare to make a DK64 sequel actually.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I second the Paon/Retro team up with Camelot. Paon has their DKC fan hearts in the right place, but Retro is FAR superior at game production. And there's Camelot. Combine the three, and the possibilities are magic.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That is just a dream team combination that'd actually PROPERLY bring Donkey Kong back. Perhaps, throw in Nintendo EAD as well, but only if they'd be willing to bow down their head to the series and not make another cluster**** as Jungle Beat (which wasn't even that bad of a game, it just didn't work as a DK game). King K.Rool is a musthave to be in though! As well as a full playable tag team, with duo abilities like in Returns.

Otherwise, wait till Diddy Kong Racing Wii U to have King K.Rool playable. Otherwise, we might end up with this:

You know you'd see Nintendo do this...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That is just a dream team combination that'd actually PROPERLY bring Donkey Kong back. Perhaps, throw in Nintendo EAD as well, but only if they'd be willing to bow down their head to the series and not make another cluster**** as Jungle Beat (which wasn't even that bad of a game, it just didn't work as a DK game). King K.Rool is a musthave to be in though! As well as a full playable tag team, with duo abilities like in Returns.

Otherwise, wait till Diddy Kong Racing Wii U to have King K.Rool playable. Otherwise, we might end up with this:

You know you'd see Nintendo do this...
That would be nightmare fuel. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You'd think his acceleration would be high, because he's always at max speed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This conversation really needs to revert back to discussing about King K. Rool, as I think we've gone off-topic for too long.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool was a part of that discussion. It's talking about how the Tikis will soon replace him in everything. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, let's play a hypothetical to get back on topic: K. Rool encounters the Tikis in Adventure Mode. Go.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool gets so mad upon seeing them that his already bloodshot eye completely pops a blood vessel.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd like to see some rivallity between K.Rool and Wario. Maybe have them pair up, then break apart in a fight somewhere in the new story mode? Tikis could also work in a level where you play as K.Rool. Maybe a prolonged level of Gangplank Galleon? Use that also as a base to make a stage for it (like they should've in Brawl and Subspace Emmissary).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
K. Rool calls in that ship form DK64 that had the laser that was going to destroy DK's island.

K. Rool nukes them.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Early story:
The camera scrolls along the Kongo Jungle's floor. (Donkey Kong and Diddy kong names shown) Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are out away from their hut sleeping in the Kongo Jungle. Suddenly a loud noise rumbles the forest. Its King K Rool in his airship from Donkey Kong Country 2! The camera zooms into the cockpit and show King K Rool piloting. (King K Rool name shown) King K Rool is flying towards their hut where they stash their bananas. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong make a mad dash for their hut.

(Gameplay)

By the time they make it there, all their bananas have been stolen and King K Rool takes off with them. They continue chasing the ship anyway.

(Gameplay)

(If Dixie Kong is also in): The camera focuses on the 2 Kongs chasing the ship. Then it shows Dixie Kong (Dixie Kong name shown) A banana falls from the aircraft and hits Dixie in the head, who was also sleeping. The other kongs run past her, but Diddy Kong stops to motion Dixie to come with him. Dixie is now in the playable party

(Gameplay)

The kongs come to a cliff that hovers over the ocean and they cannot puesue the ship any longer. They look at the ship with rage.

(Mission clear)

Middle story:
Toon Link is sailing along in his ship in the water. (Up for grabs if Toon Link has been presented earlier or has any partners with him, but it is HIS ship) Just for gameplay purposes he is being attacked by generic story enemies, no significant story progression.

(Gameplay)

Toon Link then spots King K Rool's aircraft landing a distance aways on the island to his left. He continues sailing and when he comes around the corner he spots King K Rool and a army of kremlings loading all the bananas onto his Pirate Ship. King K Rool is comicaly eating bananas and laughing with madness. King K Rool then spots his ship and orders his kremlings to board his ship and disembark from land. They sail in close to Toon Link and the kremlings rope swing onto Toon Link's ship.

(Gameplay)
-1st kremlings baddies appear
-King K Rool will fire cannonballs from his ship onto the battlefield

After Toon Link (and party members) fend off the attack, his ship suffers from the cannonballs and begins to sink. Toon Link swims for shore and King K Rool comes back to the shore and jumps off his ship onto the beach, thinking he must do everything himself. They charge at each other.

(Gameplay)
-Boss Battle: King K Rool

Toon Link (and party members) win. In the background, Kremlings are prepping the airship for flight. King K Rool is sent flying from the fight then slides on the beach. Toon Link dashes for him and swings his sword, but its too late. King K Rool grabed the ladder hanging down from the airship and escapes. Toon Link watches as he flys away. As he is flying away, for comic relief, King K Rool's eyes shoot wide open and grow big, realising he just left all his bananas in his pirate ship. Toon Link later steal his ship and sets sail (with party members)

(Mission Clear)
-Gangplank Galleon will not be a playable stage during any of the gameplay segments. Thats for standard gameplay only

Later story:
Ill write it later, but it will probably involve Toon Link returning the bananas to DK, and King K Rool trying to steal the ship back.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
imagine how cool Kaptain K Rool's airship from DKC2 would be in HD . It would be cooler than the Halberd IMO :D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The Flying Krock would be an epic stage, but I'd imagine Gangplank Galleon would become K. Rool's stage instead, being more iconic in the franchise while being a recognizable archetype to begin with.

Though I fear K. Rool won't get a stage and another lousy arcade stage will consume another perfectly good DK stage slot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly, I'd LOVE the Flying Krok, even more than Gangplank, just because it's different. And possibly unexpected, PLUS I'd love to see the Flying Krock updated.

I don't think it's as likely we get an Arcade stage. If we do, it'll be 75m as a Retro stage. Which is still awful, but that won't get in the way of new stages.

I expect an actual homage to something iconically DKC now. We'll get a DKCR stage as the main stage, probably (or hopefully Sunset Shore) and then most likely one of K. Rool's vehicles of choice. (Or something totally off the wall, like Baron K. Roolsenstein's fight room. Lightning conductors, anyone?)

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I just meant the Flying Kroc in story mode anyway, as gangplank galleon is indeed more important. Having the Flying Kroc, Great Fox and Halberd interact somehow would be cool. (And all the other aircraft like the Falcon Flyer, too)

HOWEVER I don't see that Gangplank Galleon would be TOO unique if Brawl Pirate Ship returns as a retro stage, but I doubt Pirate Ship will return.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Honestly an acarade stage could come from many places such as Kid icarus, Balloon Fighter(if he makes it), Ice Climbers and many more.

I would love to see a King K Rool stage but the gangplank could be a unique ship stage as the ship would be much large and there could be masts too climb up or barrels, maybe squaks could appear. So many things could be in the stage to make it very unique.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If K.Rool gets his own stage, (which should work/happen) then i would hope that would point towards every character getting their own stage. That would match the amount of characters as far as stages go, and then there could be a few extras.

Gangplank Galleon would be a great stage.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There's also another slight twist to Gangplank Galleon that's worth noting: would the ship be modeled after K. Rool's ship from the original trilogy or the crab-operated ships from DKCR? I'd think they would give K. Rool his own ship for accuracy, but the other design does have recency in its favor.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I hope Gangplank Galleon replaces the Generic Pirate Ship.

There are two things I want to say or point out about K. Rool.

1. He has a major contrast against Koopa Daimiou/King Bowser Koopa Sr. K. Rool oftens resorts to cheap tactics and find a way to catch his enemies off guard, enable to sucker punch them, whereas Bowser, prideful and proud of his power, would strike at full force with brute strength. He doesn't really think beyond that(not all of the time, anyway.) Bowser also shows respect and concern of his troops and his followers love and worship him for it, whereas Kay often screws his mooks over, ridicules them, and punishes them is a very terrible way. The Kremlings have often been miserable under Kay's rule, to the point where some have even betrayed him and joined the Kongs against the evil monarch.

2. His design. Rare's model for K. Rool leaves alot to be desired, but it did gotten better in DK64. The K. Rool in the french cartoon had the better anamoty, but lacked his golden gut, bellowing cape, and tail from the games. Paon's design has a better body shape and a good character showcase, but, like the toon, lack the extra bits Rare's version had. In addition, his crown has srunken and his eye-tick was toned down.

What I want for SSB4 is the better of both worlds. A fusion of Rare's and Paon's look of the Kremling Dictator.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Guess I should've been posting in this thread long ago after I started coming to the site again, but I'm a pretty avid supporter of K. Rool, having grown up with him and DKC as much as the next person, not that anyone cares. :p Had just been quiet about my support for him lately for some reason, but yeah. Just to throw that out there... Can add me to the list of Kutthroats if you'd like. I'd be honored. :)

And I'm one of the people who would prefer Flying Krock over Gangplank Galleon too just to be honest, though Gangplank's soundtrack is still an absolute must regardless.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I would love to see the H.D cut scenes involving K.Rool. There are so many possibilities (most pertaining to stealing bananas), and the ideas could be crazy. I feel like K.Rool should be given a voice similar to his voice acting from Crystal Coconut which would make the cut scenes funny and comedic. The ultimate combination of K.Rool's army and Bowser's army (Green Monsters sounds epic!).

I think that K.Rool will have one of the major parts in many schemes pertaining to his multiple personas. There could be instances where he is a captain, then where is the King and finally when he is the scientist and boxer. All situations would be plausible and would bring back a lot of nostalgic feelings from the old DKC games.

Another good idea is that K.Rool could be plotting/ searching for the Crystal Coconut which he believes gives him the ultimate power. (like a smash ball) He could hold meetings explaining to the villains as to why the coconut is so valuable, and Donkey Kong and the allies try to protect the coconut from villain possession... In return K.Rool says he will pay the villains greatly by capturing whatever Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc... would want for returning the favor.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I would love to see the H.D cut scenes involving K.Rool. There are so many possibilities (most pertaining to stealing bananas), and the ideas could be crazy. I feel like K.Rool should be given a voice similar to his voice acting from Crystal Coconut which would make the cut scenes funny and comedic. The ultimate combination of K.Rool's army and Bowser's army (Green Monsters sounds epic!).

I think that K.Rool will have one of the major parts in many schemes pertaining to his multiple personas. There could be instances where he is a captain, then where is the King and finally when he is the scientist and boxer. All situations would be plausible and would bring back a lot of nostalgic feelings from the old DKC games.

Another good idea is that K.Rool could be plotting/ searching for the Crystal Coconut which he believes gives him the ultimate power. (like a smash ball) He could hold meetings explaining to the villains as to why the coconut is so valuable, and Donkey Kong and the allies try to protect the coconut from villain possession... In return K.Rool says he will pay the villains greatly by capturing whatever Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc... would want for returning the favor.
I love your ideas.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. No Donkey Kong arcade stage ever again, please. That 75M stage was garbage, and IMO the worst smash stage ever by a long shot. If Sakurai didn't make it, then whoever made it shouldn't be allowed to come up with a stage design ever again, because they failed on every level imaginable. That stage, with more up and down room and more length, however, would make an incredible story mode level, specifically some sort of chase, "place is gonna blow," or epic boss fight scenario.

50M would have been the only decent multiplayer stage out of the 3 DK arcade games (I'm ignoring DK Jr. Math).

Also, I know Layupfreak briefly covered this, buy seeing K. Rool in 1080p HD on a huge screen is going to be freaking AWESOME!!! :grin:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1. No Donkey Kong arcade stage ever again, please. That 75M stage was garbage, and IMO the worst smash stage ever by a long shot. If Sakurai didn't make it, then whoever made it shouldn't be allowed to come up with a stage design ever again, because they failed on every level imaginable. That stage, with more up and down room and more length, however, would make an incredible story mode level, specifically some sort of chase, "place is gonna blow," or epic boss fight scenario.

50M would have been the only decent multiplayer stage out of the 3 DK arcade games (I'm ignoring DK Jr. Math).

Also, I know Layupfreak briefly covered this, buy seeing K. Rool in 1080p HD on a huge screen is going to be freaking AWESOME!!! :grin:
I highlyyy doubt Sm4sh will be 1080p..

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I highlyyy doubt Sm4sh will be 1080p..
Reasons Smash WiiU (not 3DS obviously) will be in 1080p:
1. The WiiU can run in 1080p.
2. The WiiU Pad screen won't be used (which takes up a huge chunk of the processing power and pixels).
3. The WiiU is a true 8th generation of gaming home console. That is regardless of what Sony or Microsoft fanboys in their Halo or Uncharted shirts and bibs say (and I love those series). Simply put, the WiiU makes the PS3 and Xbox 360 look weak, and especially the Wii (which is basically just a GameCube with motion controls and easy internet access).
4. The processing power of the WiiU is better than the processing power of the 360 and PS3, and possibly over 10 times as strong as the Wii, especially without any extra screens on (as in the WiiU Pad, which, again, Smash WiiU probably won't use that for gameplay).
5. Sakurai likes to push consoles to the edge with Smash. Melee was easily the best-looking GameCube game when released in 2001. Brawl is still one of the best looking Wii games ever. It was so well detailed that the development team actually had to make it more pixelated, because the Wii couldn't handle it! :laugh:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Reasons Smash WiiU (not 3DS obviously) will be in 1080p:
1. The WiiU can run in 1080p.
2. The WiiU Pad screen won't be used (which takes up a huge chunk of the processing power and pixels).
3. The WiiU is a true 8th generation of gaming home console. That is regardless of what Sony or Microsoft fanboys in their Halo or Uncharted shirts and bibs say (and I love those series). Simply put, the WiiU makes the PS3 and Xbox 360 look weak, and especially the Wii (which is basically just a GameCube with motion controls and easy internet access).
4. The processing power of the WiiU is better than the processing power of the 360 and PS3, and possibly over 10 times as strong as the Wii, especially without any extra screens on (as in the WiiU Pad, which, again, Smash WiiU probably won't use that for gameplay).
5. Sakurai likes to push consoles to the edge with Smash. Melee was easily the best-looking GameCube game when released in 2001. Brawl is still one of the best looking Wii games ever. It was so well detailed that the development team actually had to make it more pixelated, because the Wii couldn't handle it! :laugh:
Well..i hope your right.

Also theres no worth of buying the premium version is there?
A console and gamepad stand and nintendo dream land is 100/ pointless to me.. also i dont plan on buying any VC games so am i better of with the basic bundle right? or am i missing something? (apary from the black one looks better racism aside...xD)

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Well..i hope your right.

Also theres no worth of buying the premium version is there?
A console and gamepad stand and nintendo dream land is 100/ pointless to me.. also i dont plan on buying any VC games so am i better of with the basic bundle right? or am i missing something? (apary from the black one looks better racism aside...xD)
I got the basic set, it's fine and works perfectly. But yesss K.Rool in high definition for the first time commanding a ship with crusha right next to him. DONKEY KONG NOSTALGIA!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I got the basic set, it's fine and works perfectly. But yesss K.Rool in high definition for the first time commanding a ship with crusha right next to him. DONKEY KONG NOSTALGIA!
I wish that all your Sm4sh Wishes that you wished for to be in the game come true becaus of my wish.

All hail Jirachi!

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I wish that all your Sm4sh Wishes that you wished for to be in the game come true becaus of my wish.

All hail Jirachi!

haha yes. I'm just waiting to see if that Janruary 31st "Nintendo Super Smash 4" Rumor is going to be true. If that's the case, then K.Rool looks like he's pretty much a shoe-in (he's looking like that now anyway :) ). However, if Sakurai gives us something on the 31st, I'll be so happy, sometimes I come to the K.Rool thread when I'm so bored because I constantly think about the story mode of Sm4sh and how epic it could be...

Top Bottom