• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I hope the next DK stages are filled with lots of awesome original/recreated songs from DKC2 and DK64. Those games had the BEST memorable soundtracks IMO! :)

:phone:
Though I liked DK64 as much as the DKCs during its debut, it overall did not age nearly as well as they did. But I guess that comes with the territory when comparing the N64 to SNES, Rare games included.

Anyhoo, I think DK64 more or less has enough representation in Smash far as tracks as it is, with the DK rap and such. Would not mind more DKC2 tracks though, such as the ones when you're on a rollercoaster level. Those were some of the best to me. The first DKC could have some more tracks in Smash itself, assuming DKC3 is still gonna be ignored as a whole.

And since it was mentioned, I'm not sure I would actually want to have K. Rool in his boxing outfit from 64 for Sm4sh, fitting as it would be.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Holy crap I loved that part. I laughed :D

Do you remember in certain parts of the aztec temple? When you got a golden banana, a creepy voice would say "GET OUT" and a crosswire is lining up on you 0-0
... has nothing to do with soundtracks but yeah. lol
Haha yh that was scary as ****!!! i was thinking of starting that game again..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You'll probably find the voice more silly sounding when replaying it now. I did at least.

There was a level in DKC3 that had a crosswire lining up on you the whole stage that creeped me out more than the Aztec Temple voice did at the time. Mainly because of the other obstacles you also have to watch out for.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You'll probably find the voice more silly sounding when replaying it now. I did at least.

There was a level in DKC3 that had a crosswire lining up on you the whole stage that creeped me out more than the Aztec Temple voice did at the time. Mainly because of the other obstacles you also have to watch out for.
DK64 is 100/ Perfect Best single player game on N64.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was one of the better ones on N64 but I don't think I would go that far.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I've seen people on GameFAQs argue against K. Rool by saying "he wouldn't represent any new part of the DK franchise."

I'm happy to see the many people who do support him want him to represent the parts of the franchise that aren't new, but aren't represented -nearly- enough in Smash.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You know, I've seen people on GameFAQs argue against K. Rool by saying "he wouldn't represent any new part of the DK franchise."

I'm happy to see the many people who do support him want him to represent the parts of the franchise that aren't new, but aren't represented -nearly- enough in Smash.
GameFAQs full of mindless trolls..seriously.. i really do wanna branch out to other places and sites to hear mixed views of the game but no joke everywhere i go there either massive trolls or dont know ****!! or Both...

its like this forum is in another time zone or dimension... people here have a brain..

I dont think the guys in over places even follow Nintendo thats why they dont know anything but just join sites when a new Smash is announced and just let loose all there feelings/wishlist and its unreal..

I saw someone saying that if Goku or Leon S.Kenndy doesnt make it he will be extemely upset and furious...(#_#)

them people make me feel as if K.Rool and Mewtwo, Ridley are shoe-ins...

Your a cool guy ''BKupa666'' one of my fav here humble mello out no BS i respect that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Believe me, Dark Phazon, there are people everywhere that think that such-and-such anime or cartoon character has a chance for Smash. K. Rool will have to do for them. :smirk:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Loooool Thats one of the most funniest WT* things i have seen on youtube.

Thanks for that.

For some reason the 2 things i got a buig feeling they will mess up on K.Rool if hes playable is His tail and Cape..

Bet hes gonna have a very short cape like in the video..when he needs to have a Epic one like Marth..

Actually..come to think of it..his whole self is gonna be changed wayyy to much for my liking..

Bet he will have
No bloodshot eye
No golden chest
Short cape
Short Tail..
Small teeth same length..

I aint gonna sugercoat it..i will straight up say i want him to look exzactltyy how he looked in DKC1 & DK64.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I noticed today what a gangster name King K.Rool actually is.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I noticed today what a gangster name King K.Rool actually is.
Did you get the message/pic i sent you?

yh lol

King Kruel
King K.Rule

Either way you look at it hes too sick and jokes.

Char like him deserve more love but they dont because Mario and Zelda eats Everything. Same with Metroid and Ridley

come to think of it Ridley & K.Rool kinda similar to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah man, it's awesome. Wish it was real though. :c

They did a good thing in Brawl though, with adding Diddy and Zero Suit Samus. Thing is, they where not enough. Kirby and StarFox had 3 characters, so DK and Metroid deserve the same ammount I feel.

K.Rool is basically the only true newcomer I really want in. All others I don't really care for as much, except Mewtwo lol. Who is more of a re-add than anything.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah man, it's awesome. Wish it was real though. :c

They did a good thing in Brawl though, with adding Diddy and Zero Suit Samus. Thing is, they where not enough. Kirby and StarFox had 3 characters, so DK and Metroid deserve the same ammount I feel.

K.Rool is basically the only true newcomer I really want in. All others I don't really care for as much, except Mewtwo lol. Who is more of a re-add than anything.
If Ridley, Mewtwo & K.Rool get in i will like Sakurai.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have K. Rool's cartoon voice than his one from the Paon games. Though nothing can compare to his DK64 excellence, of course. Side note, apparently his cartoon actor, Benedict Campbell, voiced Papa Bear of "Berenstain Bears" fame in that cartoon as well...

Regardless of voice, I would absolutely go online as K. Rool and start lecturing to people over Voice Chat (if Sakurai implements it this time; if not, over the taunts' text bubbles) about supreme dominance over Kongo Bongo Island via the Crystal Coconut. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have K. Rool's cartoon voice than his one from the Paon games. Though nothing can compare to his DK64 excellence, of course. Side note, apparently his cartoon actor, Benedict Campbell, voiced Papa Bear of "Berenstain Bears" fame in that cartoon as well...

Regardless of voice, I would absolutely go online as K. Rool and start lecturing to people over Voice Chat (if Sakurai implements it this time; if not, over the taunts' text bubbles) about supreme dominance over Kongo Bongo Island via the Crystal Coconut. :troll:

Loool ima troll people if theres voice chat online by playing his DK64 Battle theme full blast down the mic while playing and screaming.

''Yaaa Phunk Yow!!''

Everytime i hit the guy loooool

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Upon BKupa's request:

ToiseofChoice said:

This image takes up more file space than the original Donkey Kong.

Toise's Super Money Pick:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

There you go Chu, real newcomers.

----

I know with you guys I can skip any discussion of other DK characters, so I will unless someone brings them up.

Yes, I acknowledge the possibility that only one of them gets in, but not the possibility of neither. My money says both though.

---

*** Pre-discussion Discussion ***

My mind's a blank right now, so I'll make this brief: both characters are popular everywhere, though mostly lacking in obsessive fans like certain other individuals. K. Rool seems to have more visible fan demand, though Dixie's isn't insignificant (and I really do believe Sakurai will come back to her after the failed Diddy/Dixie team idea).

There's an argument out there that having both characters miss the DKCR boat means they shouldn't be playable. This depends on two specious claims:

1. The only DK games that "count" between DK64 and now are Jungle Beat and DKCR.
2. Despite not being in Jungle Beat, Diddy gets a free pass because of... I don't know, Double Dash or something.

and so on and so forth

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai is very respectful of the DK series throughout Smash. Sure, we could've had more characters (64 and Melee should have had Diddy imo) but the appearance of DK and his stages has always been very true to DKC and 64. Also, the Kong designs in Brawl remain the best looks for them even today (though DKCR's DK especially also looks nice). So I think K.Rool will probably look awesome to, as he should. Same with Dixie.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Count me in.

I still want him in 4th after being disappointed that he didn't shown up in SSBB. I used to think that he have high chance to get in SSBB because of story plots with villains. I will be very cautious with his chance of being included in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, can't help but wondering what K.Rool would look like if Rare was with Nintendo today.

My guess is he'd have a long black fur coat, a golden chain, a pimped crown, an epic yet way too small eye patch (you still see he has a bloodshot eye though), a big fat cigar or blunt in his mouth and ofcoarse: his blunderbuss aside with an additional musket.

You know, cause King K.Rool is such a gangster name and all.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I got a feeling King K. Rool would have eventually become "Prime Chimpester K. Rool, "Presidichimp K. Rool," or "Emperfur K. Rool" if Rare was still of Rare 90's quality and owned by Nintendo. Truth be told, I feel like that direction would be a nice change of pace for the series, as in getting a Enlightenment/Victorian look/style/appearance for the series going in terms of the baddies. We've had monarchy brutes, pirates and piracy, and witch doctors and romanticism-era ideas, so it would at least follow the (awesome) pace Rare set back in the day with K. Rool and his minions. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, for a while now, I've been hoping to expand the "extras" section of the opening post with a few more stages, assist trophies, remixes, movesets, and whatnot for K. Rool. If anyone has a few minutes to contribute any of these to the thread, they would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a few new remixes from OC Remix's DKC3 "Double the Trouble" album I particularly enjoyed:

Bring the Noise (Big Boss Blues SNES)
Can't Boss Us Around (Robot Anarchists From Hell Mix) [Boss Boogie SNES]
Epic Bananas (Treetop Tumble SNES)
Cliffside Clamber (Rockface Rumble SNES)

Those last two aren't even directly K.Rool-related, but they're epic and majestic pieces regardless, so they're fitting for him anyways. :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Great thread, and it feels good to see my name in the list of supporters despite my absence.

Keep on keeping on, K. Rool Kompadres!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Count me in, both the King and Ridley were my most desired newcomers (i had a SNES when i was 6...DKC2 was the first game I finished).
He has such potential (hell, even his scientist form could work as a recovery thing). I just hope he beats Dixie in the race (what I am talking, lets hope DK gets a third character in the first place!).
Anyway, It would be incredible to play as my favorite Nintendo villain.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I have such high hopes for his addition as a playable character to smash bros.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool is ****ing awesome yeah. Best potential to have the craziest, most awesome moveset in Smash. Easily.

Hope Sakurai won't favor retro DK characters over him though. As we know he loves that sort of ****. Could totally see it that DK Jr. and Stanley the Bugman will be our 3rd and 4th DK reps.

If that happens though...

Riot participaters:
Diddy Kong

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt DK Jr. would get in, since DK Jr. is basically the same as DK, and there is literally nothing new you could do with him.

As for Stanley, he's way more trouble than he's worth, and nobody remembers him, or wants to remember him. Plus, Donkey Kong (arcade) 3 was a terribly unmemorable game.

I don't even know what a Bugman is...

D

Deleted member

Make him climb vines, use keys?
Perhaps borrow from papa and throw barrels, shake beehives?
To say that there is NOTHING is kind of pushing it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even if a retro DK rep was added, I still don't think they would take priority over K. Rool, since he'd likely be among the first characters added anyways. And Dixie probably has the upper hand over Jr. too, since Sakurai has already given her moveset some thought and it could be Luigified just as easily if he's looking for a quick, easy character to make last-minute.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Make him climb vines, use keys?
Perhaps borrow from papa and throw barrels, shake beehives?
To say that there is NOTHING is kind of pushing it.
Where would the vines come from, and would you really want a moveset involving unlocking doors or throwing keys/using keys as a melee weapon=???
Basically, there is next to nothing there! :laugh:

Also, if in the awful and unlikely chance that were to happen, K. Rool would still probably get in, sans the Pokémon Trainer (out of the blue) and Lucario (expected by most).

Top Bottom