• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Don't bother following any of the old guides.

My way is better. Just be patient

DeLux

Try throwing down a smart bomb in training mode :\

Or letting a CPU hit you repeatedly

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

bugexe

Smash Cadet
I'd say that brawl is tons more balanced than melee. That doesn't mean it's balanced though. In melee, there was a huge drop off after the top tier imo.

DeLux

I've been reading Moneyball and a lot of the principles in the book can be applied to playing competitive Brawl. If you have any knowledge of Major League Baseball at all, it's a very interesting read

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash tonight [Tuesday] at my house new time 6:30-11:00pm. The new time is because NOBODY shows up at 5:30 and I don't want to disappoint anyone who might actually try doing that.

Stealth has a tournament coming up and he wants practice! Feed the monster.

ArkiveZero won vs. Legan when they both went link. Fail troll?

Arkive quit because
this game truly is terrible

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
arkive quit because of mk and ddd. he was also easily the best link at the time he did quit. i know because i did play every top link other then izaw around the time he quit. and i will be there after work so people stay late plz

DeLux

Alright, for the everyone going to Trent's this month, let's start talking logistics.

The tournament doesn't start until 3:30pm in Nebraska. Based on map quest, it'll take us about 3.5 hours to get there and it's going to take my car about 20.5 gallons to get there and back. That's about $76, so if we split that 4 ways that's $19 each for gas. Remember venue is $3, Doubles is $5, and Singles is $10. If we have a cheaper car, that's fine. Just keep in mind that if it's a stick (and some automatics), I get super carsick, so I apologize upfront.

Lawrence appears to be the fastest place to start from (lucky Collin and I), so Luke and Michael, we should look to meet at my apartment at around 11:45am on Saturday.

I have to work a triple shift the next day, so we'll be leaving no later than midnight assuming the tournment is already over. Obviously we'll be forced to stay if Collin isn't finished hustling the bracket, but I need to get back before 4am so I can get some sleep for work..

DeLux

I think I'm going to team doubles with Collin if I play doubles

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If you guys go, just hang out with Rob and that's it seeing as how it's free $$$ to you guys and less money for you guys for the pot as I won't be there cause of a wedding I'm attending the same day.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey. I heard the better half of Kansas is stepping its game up. You guys thinking about going to Brainshock Beta?

DeLux

Collin and I are definitely going since I was going to help Yink TO and Collin has a personal stake in it since he's directing the Midwest West Circuit.

DeLux

Hey Luke and Michael,

Collin wants to leave 30 minutes earlier. So if you could get to my apt before 11:30, that would be awesome

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are you guys getting housing, or a hotel for Brainshock Beta? I'm thinking of going with you guys at this point.
I'd say that brawl is tons more balanced than melee. That doesn't mean it's balanced though. In melee, there was a huge drop off after the top tier imo.
they are both really imbalanced, comparably. there are more viable characters in Brawl because there are more characters; if there were 13 less characters it'd be similar to Melee's balance. as far as percentage of the cast goes, they have similar balance.

Top Bottom