• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
are you guys getting housing, or a hotel for Brainshock Beta? I'm thinking of going with you guys at this point.

they are both really imbalanced, comparably. there are more viable characters in Brawl because there are more characters; if there were 13 less characters it'd be similar to Melee's balance. as far as percentage of the cast goes, they have similar balance.
Crap, is this a 2 day tournament?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nah i just figured you guys wouldn't drive 5 hrs in the morning..... and then 5 hrs back. but if you are... then ok.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm not entirely sure if you guys want to get up at around 4 or 5 in the morning. Tourney begins at around 11 I believe?

Also, I think BPx is housing Kansas. We still have a 2-hour drive to the venue, though. Heh, it's time to do 95 all the way from Des Moines to Iowa City once again.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Thugs mentioned last night that he'd be coming down to KC to drive with Collin and I to Brainshock. He's also bringing a Prius, so I think we'll be looking for one more to ride with us.

The plan would be to get the cheapest motel that we could find for Friday night as close to the venue as possible.

I work the day after so we'd probably leave the night of

Denti

Smash Master
DFW TX IS GOING TO BE THE PLACE TO BE THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND! YOU'RE INVITED TOO...

REVOLUTION 3! THIS STARTS AT 7PM AND LASTS UNTIL LATE NIGHT FRIDAY JULY 1st IN FORT WORTH TEXAS! [held by Denti]
&
PHASE X-2 IS NOON SATURDAY JULY 2nd IN DALLAS TEXAS! This is a :metaknight: banned tournament [held by UtdZac]

Revolution 3 will have Brawl, Melee and Smash 64 tournaments!

Phase X-2 will have the MAD HYPED theme teams event!

Your plan is obviously simple! Come to Revolution 3 Friday night, house with us, then drive(or ride with a fort worth player) to Phase X-2 (a simple 35 min drive) AND CHILL WITH THE EPIC DFW SMASH SCENE!

YOU'RE COMING RIGHT?!?!?!?!
:);):cool:

[if you need help with rides, housing or whatever! Feel free to contact me and we'll work something out! My toll free number is 405-923-7133]

DeLux

Denti, would love to, but KC is pretty much in charge of the Midwest West Circuit. There is a Circuit event in Iowa that weekend that we will be attending. However, let us know about future tournaments, and we might come down :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DeLux I'm still cool to ride with you guys to Brainshock Beta right?

DeLux

It is cool with me, but I'll have to double check with Thugs and Collin. I'm sure Collin will be cool with it, and I don't see why Thugs wouldn't, but I don't want to speak for either of them.

Are you cool with the plan I layed out?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As long as you let me get drunk as **** with Teczero before we leave

BPx

Smash Lord
Probably better that you guys stay @ a hotel anyway, I'm happy to house you, but I've already got 2 cars of MN + Wichita staying @ my place. still need to get that crt out of my garage so we can get some friendlies going friday night

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
How rude. If you're going to tell us about a tourney, do not go above 18 points font size for the love of God.

CONFIRMATION: Smash at my house 6:30pm-11:00pm. Sorry about the late confirm, I just remembered about it.

I may/may not be watching my new Escaflowne dvd's depending on noise level.

DeLux

I haven't heard about Trent at all. I know that Sean is coming down to KC some time tomorrow afternoon and then we're either leaving Friday night/Saturday morning haven't decided.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Did you guys bring Radium's grey puma bag with all those electrical cords inside? I believe she still wants it.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I thought about this for a good long time. But in the end I think I have to approve of this joke.

10/10 :ike:'s

Dnyce

Smash Master
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 6:30-11:00.

I'll have fireworks and intend to play with them.
I really wanted to come... but I cannot find my controller anywhere. If someone has a tri-wing I can use, call me and I'll come over to play :) If you don't have my number, Danny does ;o

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Because more starcraft players came to my house today than Brawl players, I'm now officially changing the title to my Craftfests.

DeLux

So if anyone wants to play tomorrow, I don't have work. Just let me know :)

Vost0k_

Smash Rookie
Don't do this. Craftfest makes my think of a bunch of old ladies knitting and sewing. Automatically makes us seem lame.
we can knit a quilt of metaknight vs a marauder

who is the most op?????

DeLux

Call me. I'm not really going to be doing anything until 4 where I'll be out until like 6:30.
I don't want to play too late though because I have work the next day

Top Bottom