• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Call me. I'm not really going to be doing anything until 4 where I'll be out until like 6:30.
I don't want to play too late though because I have work the next day
I can't make it today. I'm not trying to blow you off or anything, but there's a ton of stuff going to be going on today and into next week.

When did you become a mod? I just noticed.

dmac

Smash Champion
Some guy told my cousin that they were from socal, the #2 brawl player in the world and had a sponsorship, about to be #1

Just wanted to see where the bull**** trail leads to lol

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
No, actually, I said that I recently got a sponsor and was probably the 2 or 3 in KC for Brawl.
Not sure where "the world" came from lol

Will definitely misinterpreted what I said ;)
He seemed like a nice guy. I didn't know you guys were cousins

I say 2/3 with the assumption that MJG considers himself Manhattan/Wichita crew and no longer KC :(

DeLux

That would be totally out of character for me given I'm usually the first to say that I'm bad lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You may be the first to say that you're bad, but the "suckage" of your SDI is nowhere in comparison with mine.

DeLux

SDIing with ICs is usually a bad idea :\

I wish it weren't otherwise the case, I'd be flying all of the place with some stuff

DeLux

It's a 50/50 if we're going to start on the 6th. Two cities in the region want to host monthlies, and there is the KC event on the 13th. So we might postpone these until the 20th or 27th.

I'll make a decision soon based on how the other tournies look.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Eh, yeah. $20 pre-reg fee... There's another tournament in Norman, OK, that's on the 20th of August, so I think that's a no-go for SoKan. .-.

DeLux

Eh, yeah. $20 pre-reg fee... There's another tournament in Norman, OK, that's on the 20th of August, so I think that's a no-go for SoKan. .-.
I have a discount code for $10 off the prereg fee if it helps you to go

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my house tonight Tuesday 6:30-11:00pm.

Attendance is the pride of Kansas City's smash scene.

3 weeks ago: 4 Person(s) arrived!
2 weeks ago: 3 Person(s) arrived!
Last week: 1 Person(s) arrived!
This week: 10 Person(s) projected to arrive!*

starcraft players

DeLux

Is anyone else here wanting to go to Springfield this weekend for Pathways Smash or StL for OS3 next weekend?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
How's the better half of Kansas? Enjoying the 3-digit weather? Or are you guys getting triple-digit weather?

Smash Lord
3 digit weather sucks for me because I have a black car with no air conditioning.
This.

im enjoying seventy degree weather in california :D made it out of round one pools. i also two-zero'd choice. cant wait for round two
Good thing some of us don't have to deal with the weather. Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

DeLux

Man, wtf, I've been planning mine since the end of May

this is bs

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Well... If you try to talk to them about it, they'll more than likely wall you with posts on how you should make the necessary changes and not them since they have more notoriety. I've seen this happen too many times.

DeLux

lol

I could give a **** about their opinion after this

My goal is to help the homeless community and they are trying to undermine that with a competing regional tournament

I really don't get it :\

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash tonight at my place 6:30pm to 11:00pm.

It may be blisteringly hot out there but I've opened up every downstairs vent and cranked up the AC so it's nice and frosty, bring your sweaters and coats.

Top Bottom