• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Fino, you suck at answering your phone when it's the only number posted...

Actually I found it just fine, but still >_>

Anyways good times at jccc tonight, was good to play with arkive and zeton a ton... probably see you again friday arkive

Anyways, you guys should totally come to oshkosh (next MWC:W event since apparently some of you don't know about it)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209261

Fino

Smash Master
Fino, you suck at answering your phone when it's the only number posted...

Actually I found it just fine, but still >_>

Anyways good times at jccc tonight, was good to play with arkive and zeton a ton... probably see you again friday arkive

Anyways, you guys should totally come to oshkosh (next MWC:W event since apparently some of you don't know about it)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209261
Sorry... my phone got dropped in water and has been dead for the past week.
Also, I was working last night so I probably wouldn't have answered anyways ^^;
my bad :(

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
UPDATE: It looks like I'll be arriving in Overland Park around 10am on Saturday and leaving back for Wichita either Sunday or Monday. If anyone wants to hang out then, let me know.

D

Deleted member

fino should host a smashfest saturday

gg's yesterday zyklon and i'm looking forward to ****** j00r face on friday lol

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Saturday? But isn't naka-kon this weekend? >_>
Awesome. It'd like to go to that.

Questions:

1) How far is it going to be from Overland Park?

2) When are you guys going? If you guys can wait for me to get there Saturday morning it'd be awesome if I could get a ride with you guys.

3) How much will tickets be at registration?

4) Does it cost to enter events inside Nana-Kon?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
its on sunday. and i dont know much else. ill try to get more info.
All I do know is that its a 3-day event (Fri-Sun) and the Brawl tournament is scheduled for Saturday at 10pm.

I'm trying to get info about the Brawl rule-set and am going to try and get them to change it if its a really bad one.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Naka-Kon Tournament Schedule said:
Friday:
4:00 - Duck Hunt
6:00 - We <3 Katamari
9:00 - Mario Kart 64

Saturday:
10:00 - DDR Freestyle
1:00 - DDR Technical
4:00 - Guitar Hero 3
7:00 - Pokemon Stadium
10:00 - Super Smash Brothers

Sunday:
10:00 - Bleach: Tasogare Ni Mamieru Shinigami
1:00 - Naruto: Ultimate Hero Accel 2
http://naka-kon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4097&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Also, I lol's so hard at this post:

HeromanX said:
Badalight said:
Meta Knight is the cheapt character by far, anyone using him int he tourney is gonna win, srsly.
Wrong. Pit is the cheapest by far. Pit not only has superior recovery, he can also reflect and juggle (spinning daggers), deflect (Mirror Shield), has long range (Light Arrows), and has strong normal attacks. His Final Smash is also seeking and VERY tough to avoid because you often can't tell where it's coming from. He literally has EVERYTHING! Anyone who's capable with Pit can't be beaten one-on-one.
http://naka-kon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

D

Deleted member

no wonder why ky is so good!!!!!

but in all seriousness, affinity if you don't 3 stock like at least 5 ppl you have to give up playing MK lol :D

Fino

Smash Master
Let's **** **** at the nakacon :p
Hopefully I can make it XD
BTW... arkive... I got a nice vid for you.... I'm entitling it "I hope arkive goes zelda on me" Starring Fino as IC's!!!
I assure you... watching all of your characters go from 0-200 will be the talk of friday ;)

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
but in all seriousness, affinity if you don't 3 stock like at least 5 ppl you have to give up playing MK lol :D
That's assuming the tournament will be stock and not time lol

But yeah, I'm planning on 3-stocking people like crazy if it is :)

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Oh good news, the tourney's on saturday?! That means I can actually go.. Sunday I'll be headed back to kirksville and since that's when everyone thought it was I was totally bummed that I couldn't be there...

D

Deleted member

good **** zyklon

so i guess the plan is to pick up our badges for Naka-Kon tomorrow because i think you can't pick up badges after 6pm or something on saturday. after gig me and Tan are going to drive up and we'll probably chill there for a while. then on saturday we'll go up at around 8 because thats when Tan gets off and we'll stay until the ssb tournies are done

we'll talk more tomorrow

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
good **** zyklon

so i guess the plan is to pick up our badges for Naka-Kon tomorrow because i think you can't pick up badges after 6pm or something on saturday. after gig me and Tan are going to drive up and we'll probably chill there for a while. then on saturday we'll go up at around 8 because thats when Tan gets off and we'll stay until the ssb tournies are done

we'll talk more tomorrow
8am or 8pm? I'm gonna be arriving in Overland Park sometime between 9-10am on Saturday, and I was hoping someone could give me a ride there.

D

Deleted member

8pm

where are you in KC? cuz i'm out in the cuts and if you're close enough i'll be able to pick you up, if not hopefully fino will hook you up

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Worst case scenario I might be able to give you a ride Affinity, I'm going there some time in the morning on Saturday and plan on staying all day pretty much. I have another friend that's going but he only needs a ride home, not to it and overland park isn't too far out of the way.

PM me if you need me and the sooner I know the better

D

Deleted member

good **** yersterday every1 it was too fun

*starts reading Rurouni Kenshin*

Jace08

Smash Lord
Duuuck post up the details on this smashfest you plan to have at your house this tuesday (assuming you still can). People want to know where you live! The last smashfest we had at your house was awesome.

For those who don't know, there aren't any JCCC meetings over spring break because the school is closed. So we're (hopefully) gonna get some games goin at Duck's place.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Jade, dude... I've already invited enough people for my brother to allow O_o Of course, there's the possibility that some might not be able to come. Like, Leo wasn't sure.. Still. This is a thing for people involved in the JCCC club or who know me.

Anyways. 12611 W. 81st Terrace Lenexa, Ks 66215 1:00pm to 10:00pm for reference.

If Jace and Arkive bring their setups, we'll have enough. Strong Bad is bringing a good TV, I hear. And I'll see about robbing Stealth of his, even though he won't be there the whole time.

D

Deleted member

i can bring these things

- GC & Melee
- Wii & Brawl
- 360 & SF4/SC4/DOA4
- 1 TV

tell me what you need

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
i can bring these things

- GC & Melee
- Wii & Brawl
- 360 & SF4/SC4/DOA4
- 1 TV

tell me what you need
Bring street fighter, I'll most likely play that most the time. Melee is kinda boring atm, and brawl... well lol

with sticks of course.

D

Deleted member

you have to remember we've been playing melee for like 2 years now, 2 yrs of the same match ups, and same strategies starts to get old lol

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
you have to remember we've been playing melee for like 2 years now, 2 yrs of the same match ups, and same strategies starts to get old lol
I just need a different genre to mix up with. Fighting games do get really repetitive. I need some good fpses :( Too bad my compy can't handle any of the new fpses...

Jace08

Smash Lord
Ehh that's sort of understandable. Guess I'm just weird like that b/c melee just doesn't get old for me. I do play other games, though, like right now I'm playing RE5. But when I get together with other smashers, melee is just too fun not to play.

As for good FPSes PC you should definitely check out Left 4 Dead, the game is awesome. I don't think it requires that great of a computer if I remember right.

D

Deleted member

play CS 1.6.... or CSS (if you're too noob for 1.6 >_>)

1.6 is the greatest FPS ever, any other opinion is total and complete blasphemy

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
play CS 1.6.... or CSS (if you're too noob for 1.6 >_>)

1.6 is the greatest FPS ever, any other opinion is total and complete blasphemy
Buck sixty was WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to lan that **** constantly son. Smokes and Shields all day man, too overpowered.

I need to get together a good old fashioned AVP2 lan. Om nom nom nom.

Left 4 Dead is aight... The versus kinda blows though. :lick:

Goldeneye gets ***** by Perfect Dark.

Games are dying guys... this is a problem.

EDIT: GOOD **** POOPCHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom