• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

not really... he pluck canceled smashes like... once or twice, and it's not exactly the same thing. ;) I know the vids stealth...

~Fino
yeah, i don't like to use it much at all in matches because if you use it like more than a few times in a match or set it becomes predictable and most people that are good start to sheild grab your pluck canceled smashes or punish somehow, i just prefer to keep it as a great surprise move

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im not doing anything else this weekend... quality over quantity :p

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't go to any weekend tournaments becuase I make 50 bucks a day on friday, saturday, sunday and if I don't clock in I don't get paid.

Arkive, the machine's construction and software setup is nearly complete, but the package of button components was missing 2 of the buttons sooo that's a delay. (for those unaware, my brother and I are building a multiple-emulating arcade stand-up for my basement)

Bring your wii, Arkive, on friday becuase I'm sending SNES and N64 and nothing else.

D

Deleted member

rgr that yo

i'll also bring KoF98 for fino because he doesnt know wtf that **** is

D

Deleted member

me and my brother have gone back to melee, its so much better than brawl

D

Deleted member

gg's today guys, fun stuff

we'll be rocking KoFXI on friday cuz i sold most of my wii/DS games and i bought a ps2, yeahuzzz

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah def GGs today guys. :)

pc is scurred to use his peach vs. my sheik LOL j/k but we should do that match-up sometime :p
fox-dittos were fun pc. we should play more friday.

D

Deleted member

i hate air dodging off the stage like that Q.Q, ****s weak lol

that match against samus was the first time i've ever played a legit samus so i was getting mind ***** all over the place

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i find it amusing how we're still posting in the brawl discussion topic when arkive & 8-bit have quit brawl. XD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i meant more that us melee people are still posting in here. :p

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Sup fellas. Long time no speak/see.

We ran a tournament a few months ago at the Daily Dose in Overland Park, and we're doing another one next month. This one features SFIV, and doesn't currently have Smash as a listed game on our schedule. However, I know there were a few Street Fighter enthusiasts here, so I figured I'd give it a shot, and advertise it here regardless:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=182774 - MAX OUT, Saturday May 2nd.

If we garner any interest, perhaps we could do a Smash tournament of some kind. However, last time a group of our players tried playing in the smash tournaments, only to be ill-received. No smashers tried playing in the other games, and there was a lot of bad mouthing going on about the other games being played. We want to keep it more friendly this time around.

I met a couple of you guys at Naka Kon, and my roommate Le (Silversoul) placed third at that tournament. Let me know if there's any interest from this community.

D

Deleted member

o **** i need $40 if i'm going to enter SFIV, SCIV, GG:AC and SSB_

i'm trash in all those games tho lololol

btw we still post in this topic because this is the brawl/JCCC topic

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Maybe I will sometime. I haven't played Smash in over a year, and I was trash at it even back then. You guys still do them at the time listed on the front page on the thread??

D

Deleted member

if you start coming i'll start bringing my SFIV set up and if you can get PS2 sticks i'll bring GGXX:AC+ and KoFXI yeahuzz

D

Deleted member

i would have stayed longer but i had to get to target before they closed to get a PS2 memory card

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think it'd be pretty cool. I could bring **** to record it, too, just for lols.

Jace08

Smash Lord
This sucks I have to be home early tomorrow from the GIG meeting. I can only show up at 3:45 or so and then I gotta be home at 6.

Eh I'll take what I can get, see you all there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't Friday meetings only go until 5, anyway? o.o

Kansas
Duck
PC
Jace

Missouri
Arkive
8-Bit
Strong Bad
My friend who is probably going tomorrow?

if no one extra from kansas shows up i'd say he could either sit out or someone from kansas can go twice, that 3-stocks **** was really annoying >.> this is obviously melee, btw.

crews crews crews guys!!! we can do it at like 4 or 4:30 so jace can warm up first.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
**** pc you're right, we should do 6 player teams.
oh wait.

arkive: you took 12 stocks off in brawl. that's kinda like winning the special olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom